test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Unicorn? Really?!?

lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
*sigh* If I decide to buy that pack, then I'll be forced to buy lots of pink and white dyes and create an Elven Great Weapon Princess character to own that thing.

Why can't we get the choice of a fully decked out warhorse that doubles as a battle companion? Like He-Man's Battle Cat, who doubles as a companion who...

nevermind...

Actually... how does everyone else feel about unicorns?
*sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
Post edited by lonnehart on

Comments

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I actually like the unicorn, but only because I want it to be an Andahar knockoff...
  • Options
    zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And the fluffy bunny store continues. Next mount will be a large gerbil.....
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zentucknor wrote: »
    And the fluffy bunny store continues. Next mount will be a large gerbil.....

Or a Giant Space Hamster that can somehow hide itself on a male barely wearing any clothing...

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some like unicorns, some don't. If you don't like it, don't buy the pack, or don't use it. There are several manly man mounts available to purchase for those that need help maintaining their gender identity.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Unicorns are very much part of D&D Lore.

If you're a follower of Mielikki you'll want a unicorn mount. ;)
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I like unicorns and trains.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Unicorns are very much part of D&D Lore.

If you're a follower of Mielikki you'll want a unicorn mount. ;)

That's true, but I can't help but associate them with princesses dressed in pink, frilly dresses and wielding huge swords...

I really should stop watching anime...

• Options
    sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a phobia of spiders, yet I didn't let that stop me from purchasing the Hero of the North pack. Could you not find anything more significant to complain about?
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hahah how-to-draw-princess-cadence-my-little-pony_1_000000012723_5.png
    Enjoy!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    I thought the same thing... Until I saw the sparkles. I was totally taken in then.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lonnehart wrote: »
    That's true, but I can't help but associate them with princesses dressed in pink, frilly dresses and wielding huge swords...

I really should stop watching anime...

somepony seems sad.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Hahah how-to-draw-princess-cadence-my-little-pony_1_000000012723_5.png
    Enjoy!!!!!

That picture is a perfect representation of how the Unicorn should look in the game.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im just waiting for Golden Dwarf Armour & Repeater Crossbows then this travesty will be complete & I will be off...

I would like some D&D in my D&D game please not this shiny junk or the future spacesuit wearing Elves your about to plague upon us.
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    That picture is a perfect representation of how the Unicorn should look in the game.
    But that is no unicorn! That's an Alicorn!

Canterlot_Castle_Twilight_Sparkle_6.png

*hides*

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    I thought the same thing... Until I saw the sparkles. I was totally taken in then.

sdf-1_ship.gif

Forget Sparkle Pony I travel the lands seeking adventure in my Sdf1
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Huh, I've never considered the unicorn to be feminine.

Even if i t was, why would that be a bad thing?

Personally, I like unicorns. I wont spend that much money on it, though. I don't like the trends of this game, I don't trust that I will be around long enough to use it.

Armored animals and beasts look like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to me.

It's all preferences.
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • Options
    seu1seu1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    sdf-1_ship.gif

Forget Sparkle Pony I travel the lands seeking adventure in my Sdf1

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross ftw! Yes please!

But in all seriousness, the pack blends together with the the lore of the Moon Elves, so...Unicorn it shall be. I think we will all just have to deal with it. Sylph seems pretty cool, reminds me of Megaten ^__^
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't know about unicorns and all that. As long as demands like an SDF1 are on the table. My wizard would really like a broom. I didn't get one in champs. So i'm asking for it here.

I wanna go vroom vroom on a broom!
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    *sigh* If I decide to buy that pack, then I'll be forced to buy lots of pink and white dyes and create an Elven Great Weapon Princess character to own that thing.

Why can't we get the choice of a fully decked out warhorse that doubles as a battle companion? Like He-Man's Battle Cat, who doubles as a companion who...

nevermind...

Actually... how does everyone else feel about unicorns?

I find it very uncreative. I am sure Neverwinter can offer more than that!
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I don't know about unicorns and all that. As long as demands like an SDF1 are on the table. My wizard would really like a broom. I didn't get one in champs. So i'm asking for it here.

I wanna go vroom vroom on a broom!

Guildwars 2 has witches uniforms and brooms :)
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Guildwars 2 has witches uniforms and brooms :)

that is the thing, where games are not afraid to go more creative (and spend more time creating game assets) in order to please customers. I also roughly recall that Archeage also have motor cars as mounts, though I do find it rather random and crazy. Correct me if I am wrong.

There should be more than just slapping a horn on a horse and use the lore as an excuse.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    darklock101darklock101 Member Posts: 52
    edited July 2013
    Or a Giant Space Hamster that can somehow hide itself on a male barely wearing any clothing...

If the hamster has a "Go for the eyes!" attack I'm all for it.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If the hamster has a "Go for the eyes!" attack I'm all for it.

Butt-Kicking, for goodness!
  • Options
    willadarkeaglewilladarkeagle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As long as we don't get Pandas!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    timmbeer wrote: »
    that is the thing, where games are not afraid to go more creative (and spend more time creating game assets) in order to please customers. I also roughly recall that Archeage also have motor cars as mounts, though I do find it rather random and crazy. Correct me if I am wrong.

There should be more than just slapping a horn on a horse and use the lore as an excuse.
    Because witches riding brooms is a brand spanking new concept.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Because witches riding brooms is a brand spanking new concept.

Yup, and mocking readers who just wants games to go more creative without even saying to go for a brand spanking new concept, is too a brand spanking new concept.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yup, and mocking readers who just wants games to go more creative without even saying to go for a brand spanking new concept, is too a brand spanking new concept.

Mocking the suggestion that witches riding on brooms is more creative than unicorns is hardly the same as mocking the forum poster. The concept put forth is obviously no more novel than that of a unicorn, and thus doesn't represent anything more creative, which is what my post obviously alluded to.

Better luck in your next baseless accusation.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Mocking the suggestion that witches riding on brooms is more creative than unicorns is hardly the same as mocking the forum poster. The concept put forth is obviously no more novel than that of a unicorn, and thus doesn't represent anything more creative, which is what my post obviously alluded to.

Better luck in your next baseless accusation.

You win, I lose.

I still think unicorns are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO uncreative, and I am sure Neverwinter can do better than that!
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You win, I lose.

I still think unicorns are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO uncreative, and I am sure Neverwinter can do better than that!

What would you suggest they come out with that would be more creative? I am not all that familiar with the modern Forgotten Realms setting. Perhaps you know of a setting specific mount that would be appropriate.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What would you suggest they come out with that would be more creative? I am not all that familiar with the modern Forgotten Realms setting. Perhaps you know of a setting specific mount that would be appropriate.

Why should I? It is not my problem to think of one for Cryptic. I am only here to just say "I still think unicorns are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO uncreative, and I am sure Neverwinter can do better than that!" and play Neverwinter like a customer, just with a bit more than common sense.

Or you wish to lose this time, hun?
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.