test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What keeps you playing

Comments

• etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Not sure that logging in to set professions 2-3 times a day counts as playing tbh.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I quit over a month ago. I juyst check in the forums occasionally to see if it ever improves.
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What keeps me playing:

1.) Foundry.

2.) Foundry.

3.) Foundry.

;)

One of my guild mates said to me that playing my Foundry quest was the most fun he's had in the Foundry. That made it all worth while to me.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • anjastasiaanjastasia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I log in for literally ten seconds to pray* in order to get the Angel of Protection (360 day ardent coin thing). It's probably stupid of me because--aside from the launcher crashing every 3rd time--it's probably going to suck and the game might be dead by then.

*for Wildstar or the Repopulation beta invite
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Foundry. And I've about got burnt out on that considering the devs won't remove blatant exploits, and other Foundry authors keep trying to troll me with anonymous ratings every time my quest gets near the top of the list. I'll spend days watching my adjusted rating climb from 3.65 to 3.7, then all at once it drops back to 3.64 because one person got jealous.. Yeah, not really worth effing my neck up editing for hours, and spending over a fortnight review trading...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fun is keeping me playing. I find just about every part of the game fun.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    The Foundry. And I've about got burnt out on that considering the devs won't remove blatant exploits, and other Foundry authors keep trying to troll me with anonymous ratings every time my quest gets near the top of the list. I'll spend days watching my adjusted rating climb from 3.65 to 3.7, then all at once it drops back to 3.64 because one person got jealous.. Yeah, not really worth effing my neck up editing for hours, and spending over a fortnight review trading...

Maybe if you didn't get so butthurt about how other people choose to spend their time in the Foundry, you wouldn't have people downvoting your quest out of spite. And that's just assuming that your paranoid belief that you're being unfairly targeted is even true. Just saying.
    edited July 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    Maybe if you didn't get so butthurt about how other people choose to spend their time in the Foundry, you wouldn't have people downvoting your quest out of spite. And that's just assuming that your paranoid belief that you're being unfairly targeted is even true. Just saying.

Oh look, another exploiter.. Thanks for ruining what would have otherwise been a great game. You're part of the problem. Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blondesolidblondesolid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    Oh look, another exploiter.. Thanks for ruining what would have otherwise been a great game. You're part of the problem. Just saying.

The problem with the game is that it's a generic fantasy game right out of the generic fantasy game makers text book, with a forgotten realms logo plunked on the start screen and website. I'm actually mad and sad this/these companies got a hold of it.

DDO at launch from 1-9 was and will be far more amazing and well put together than this will be in 5 years, if it even makes it that long, if it had FR instead of Eb tied to it, this mess here would have never happened.

Yah, I'm mad bro ;)
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've not logged in for a month, I've spent more time on the forums than I have in-game.

I'm hoping module 1 will bring me back, but looking at the packs that they've put up for sale - all I see are the same issues being repeated. Not sure I can be bothered with it all again.
  • naruonnaruon Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2013
    The problem with the game is that it's a generic fantasy game right out of the generic fantasy game makers text book, with a forgotten realms logo plunked on the start screen and website. I'm actually mad and sad this/these companies got a hold of it.

DDO at launch from 1-9 was and will be far more amazing and well put together than this will be in 5 years, if it even makes it that long, if it had FR instead of Eb tied to it, this mess here would have never happened.

Yah, I'm mad bro ;)

you are exactly right and i assume you know ddo is now branching out into the FR
    edited July 2013

Yah, I'm mad bro ;)

Me too. What makes me mad is that the reasons I got hyped up about this were the Foundry, and because it was SUPPOSED to be based on 4e. Yet, Foundry community continues to get crapped on by exploiters like that guy I was just berating who obviously aren't donating a cent to the game, and even having to cheat to get the rewards offered in game. Plus whenever we ask about new classes or class builds, or why this game is so limited, they say, "Because it's based on 4e." Um, if it's based on 4e, why don't they start with all the classes in Player's Handbook 1, and let us make our own builds? If they're going to restrict us to builds, why not AT LEAST include all the core ones in 4e?

At this rate it could take five to ten years just to see PH1 finished. They'd have to double their speed to make it five. They have to make two Ranger builds, two Warlock builds, two Paladin builds, two Warlord builds, another Rogue build, another Wizard build, and another Cleric build to finish Player's Handbook 1. At the current rate it's going to take a full year to release one additional class. There are ten classes to release. See why I say it's going to take ten years? Even if they double their speed it will take five. So yeah, you're right, DDO was a much better D&D game. Last time I played it they had some Forgotten Realms content you could buy in the cash shop. So if you feel like paying for an adventure with actual D&D rules, go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Yet, Foundry community continues to get crapped on by exploiters like that guy I was just berating who obviously aren't donating a cent to the game

And yet the community as a whole gets crapped on everytime you post your obnoxious drivel. If I could donate a cent to have you permanently removed from it, I'd give a dollar.
    edited July 2013
    And yet the community as a whole gets crapped on everytime you post your obnoxious drivel. If I could donate a cent to have you permanently removed from it, I'd give a dollar.

Please refer to my other scathing post about you in another thread. If you thought this one was bad, that one should give you a stroke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Please refer to my other scathing post about you in another thread. If you thought this one was bad, that one should give you a stroke.

Yeah, you can sling insults with the best of 'em. You're real cool, bro.

Let me know when you have anything of merit to say.
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pelkast wrote: »
    What keeps me playing:

1. Gearing, trying what the class can do with all the different builds. Getting the best out of it.

2. PvP, certainly the best way to test new class builds, although most of the matches are broken and not so enjoyable, I had my fun.

3. Guilds, best way to get sociable in this game and organized. Although no content for serious guild life.

4. Dungeons, to successfully finish all the epic dungeons. I wished they would be played as I liked, needed to do to get some profits.

5. Gathering and grinding to the point "why I'm doing this".

6. Zen market - astral exchange - combination, when I knew I could get every item by just playing the game.

7. The hope for the improvements and new content.

Post yours.

Edit: keep it on good things of the game.

retardation, nothing better to do, and I've invested so much I cant turn away. Its like the iPhone all over again, took the HTC One to finally break the chains the bound me... I will break free!
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, you can sling insults with the best of 'em. You're real cool, bro.

Let me know when you have anything of merit to say.

Just did. You're a little slow. But that's okay. You'll catch up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Invoke. Log out. Stopped doing even that last week. Just stopped in to see what Module 1 was adding ( Nothing important it turns out ).
  • byteboy111byteboy111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sadly I purchased the Founder's Pack at launch, played about 3-4 week and have not logged on since. I had 3 to 4 other friends playing as well and they have all stopped long ago.

In the spirit of constructive criticism here are some reason:

1. After all the exploits both with dungeons, AH and just about everything else we felt the playing field was not level. Now, maybe it was and they removed every single bit of ill gotten gear and coin from the game but our perception was that this was not the case.

2. Very limited PvP, AFK'ers in PVP, no open world PvP. PvP as a whole really felt tacked on in the last month of development.

3. Class balance. I had heard of the Cleric double Astral Shield stacking but didn't believe it until I experienced it first had. That should have been fixed early on but after doing mad dragon (hardmode) fairly easily with this I knew why so many groups for so long were only looking for 2 Clerics. How many people fully geared with this design flaw who knows but dungeons where nowhere near the level of challenge when doing this.

4. Standard themepark MMO, been done so many times before, go here, go there, follow the little yellow trail til max level then sit and wait for your queue to pop. How many times does this recipe have to fail before designers stop wasting millions on these projects.

5. End game boredom. Really, didn't expect people to be max level after a few days? Foundry quests are fun but when you've reached max level there honestly isn't much incentive. Again, sit in town and wait for the pop. Perhaps something like Alliances with an Alliance war (faction or race based) would have given us something to do.

Not all is bad, there are some good points which I would like to highlight:

1. Combat - Combat in NW is the best i've experienced, it has real weight, is responsive and the visual are excellent!
    2. Foundry - This is a real innovation and I would expect to see more MMOs adding this feature. I'm pretty sure a game like EQN will have some form of this.

NW is a really a two sided coin.
    On one side the combat is excellent, visuals are good(even if everyone starts looking the same) and the foundry is great. On the other hand the overall game design itself is about as standard and generic as it gets so your getting exactly what every other one of those MMOs received with a massive drop in players after the first few weeks. Lead you by the nose from hub to hub til you hit cap, then plop your behind in town and wait for your dungeon to pop. No random dynamic events, no roaming special bosses, no alliance war, no open world pvp, no nothing you as an individual can do to affect the world in any way shape or form.

Open beta should have been just that, open beta used to find bugs & exploits with a character wipe at the end. Instead it was a soft launch(likely due to finantial reasons) that proved nightmarish with many exploits and dups and really soured the taste of NW in many peoples mouths. I would guess that thousands quit the game because of it.

I will be uninstalling the game tonight to free up room for a few other betas I'm in. I love D&D, I play D&D and had this had more of an open world feel to it with multi-classing(If WOC can balance multi-classing why can't developers) and attempted to innovate instead of imitate I might still be playing.
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    byteboy111 wrote: »
    Sadly I purchased the Founder's Pack at launch, played about 3-4 week and have not logged on since. I had 3 to 4 other friends playing as well and they have all stopped long ago.

In the spirit of constructive criticism here are some reason:

1. After all the exploits both with dungeons, AH and just about everything else we felt the playing field was not level. Now, maybe it was and they removed every single bit of ill gotten gear and coin from the game but our perception was that this was not the case.

2. Very limited PvP, AFK'ers in PVP, no open world PvP. PvP as a whole really felt tacked on in the last month of development.

3. Class balance. I had heard of the Cleric double Astral Shield stacking but didn't believe it until I experienced it first had. That should have been fixed early on but after doing mad dragon (hardmode) fairly easily with this I knew why so many groups for so long were only looking for 2 Clerics. How many people fully geared with this design flaw who knows but dungeons where nowhere near the level of challenge when doing this.

4. Standard themepark MMO, been done so many times before, go here, go there, follow the little yellow trail til max level then sit and wait for your queue to pop. How many times does this recipe have to fail before designers stop wasting millions on these projects.

5. End game boredom. Really, didn't expect people to be max level after a few days? Foundry quests are fun but when you've reached max level there honestly isn't much incentive. Again, sit in town and wait for the pop. Perhaps something like Alliances with an Alliance war (faction or race based) would have given us something to do.

Not all is bad, there are some good points which I would like to highlight:

1. Combat - Combat in NW is the best i've experienced, it has real weight, is responsive and the visual are excellent!
    2. Foundry - This is a real innovation and I would expect to see more MMOs adding this feature. I'm pretty sure a game like EQN will have some form of this.

NW is a really a two sided coin.
    On one side the combat is excellent, visuals are good(even if everyone starts looking the same) and the foundry is great. On the other hand the overall game design itself is about as standard and generic as it gets so your getting exactly what every other one of those MMOs received with a massive drop in players after the first few weeks. Lead you by the nose from hub to hub til you hit cap, then plop your behind in town and wait for your dungeon to pop. No random dynamic events, no roaming special bosses, no alliance war, no open world pvp, no nothing you as an individual can do to affect the world in any way shape or form.

Open beta should have been just that, open beta used to find bugs & exploits with a character wipe at the end. Instead it was a soft launch(likely due to finantial reasons) that proved nightmarish with many exploits and dups and really soured the taste of NW in many peoples mouths. I would guess that thousands quit the game because of it.

I will be uninstalling the game tonight to free up room for a few other betas I'm in. I love D&D, I play D&D and had this had more of an open world feel to it with multi-classing(If WOC can balance multi-classing why can't developers) and attempted to innovate instead of imitate I might still be playing.

I have to say, I agree with you.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not playing anymore. I was having fun PvPing at the level cap with my 4 60s (TR, CW, GWF, GF) until I realized just how pay-to-win this game really is.

I resisted considering this game as pay-to-win at first, but gradually saw that that isn't the case. It hit me in a huge slap of the face when I realized that enchants (both the special weapon and armor ones and the normal stat-gain ones) are more important, by far, than the actual gear you can get. If you do the math, you'd be surprised at how long it would take you to legitimately get the best enchants in the game legitimately and without paying a single penny. To farm all the mats yourself, it would take years. If you balanced farming mats and selling drops with buying more mats, it can take as little as a few months.

Or, you can have it all in under 10 minutes by throwing a thousand bucks at the game.

A discrepancy like that is NOT considered pay-for-convenience. That's called pay-to-win. I was iffy about that, once I realized it, but I kept playing. Then I came across a PvPer who decked his character with the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear and enchants in the game. We played nearly identically, and yet the imbalance was obvious.

Now, that hardly ruins the PvE and Foundry aspects of the game. Those still have potential. But it's a shame that I don't care much for PvE in MMORPGs. I like to know that I'm fighting an intelligence, not a step-by-step script. So, if I liked PvE content, that would be why I would keep playing.

If there was a reward for the best post, you would win.

I agree completely, except for the last paragraph. The pve side is stale already. That's almost p2w also, because many groups won't allow someone without a stupidly high gearscore, to join their group. That, and there isn't much in the way of end game content. I hate to say it, but adding raids is the way to go. Apparently, they won't be doing that either.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
    edited July 2013
    If there was a reward for the best post, you would win.

I agree completely, except for the last paragraph. The pve side is stale already. That's almost p2w also, because many groups won't allow someone without a stupidly high gearscore, to join their group. That, and there isn't much in the way of end game content. I hate to say it, but adding raids is the way to go. Apparently, they won't be doing that either.

That makes a lot of sense.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    nothing....quit playing after I reached 60 within a very easy (and rather on-rails boring) gameplay week.

tried to log on for the past couple weeks...but havent had any success in being entertained.

this game is a past memory Im afraid.

still play STO though...so theres hope for at least one cryptic game.
    I continue playing my level 60 Trickster Rogue beacause:
    1. The Foundry is constantly evolving with new and immersive missions and even campaigns
    2. I love the Forgotten Realms setting

If I had one request it would be that the reward for doing the daily Foundry would scale to the amount of time involved for a particular mission. I realize this may be easier said than done, however many of the best Foundry missions (for me at least) are rather extensive and can take an hour or more to complete.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I log in to pray for coins on 5 toons, set Leadership tasks while enjoying the hilarity of zone chat, refine diamonds and train companions from the XP from said Leadership tasks. Then I log off and go play something else while occasionally hopping on these forums to enjoy a wonderful mix of fanboi'ism & pedantry followed by truly stellar moderating. Now, I'm off to eat some ribs.
  • wildsparrowwildsparrow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Foundry is the coolest thing in the game. Unfortunately the game is not that good. When i finally got to use the foundry i was still disappointed that you cannot choose the rewards. Many traditional quests in reg DND are based on attaining certain magic items or relics. So forget that type of scenario. Also the rewards are so terrible. No real person accept for a cop or military would risk their life for such crummy rewards.
  • digitalprowlerdigitalprowler Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "1. Combat - Combat in NW is the best i've experienced, it has real weight, is responsive and the visual are excellent!"
    -byteboy111

if this is the case, I recommend you try out some high level Tera combat. blows this out of the water. Tera without question after you get 40+ has the best combat of any mmorpg on the market....period. not saying its perfect, game wasn't that successful cause casual clickers and controller junkies have a hard time being successful. because of this it was left a bit unpolished

but that being said....top to bottom its frakkin horrid lol. Sir Korean Grindalot, same quest, different monster to kill. the dungeons, and mechanics of those dungeons are pretty fun, specially the higher level ones. but yea, top to bottom its well below average with an amazing concept for action combat and how it should work in an mmo.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why to I play:

1. im in two really cool rp guilds.
    2. I like standing in the moonstone mask vip room and listening to rp as I level achemy and sometimes a rogue deftstrikes in and I can show them around the vip area...soo fun

3. leveling with my hubby, its not really fast leveling
    4. playing with auctions
    5. making screenshots of my characters in cute outfits that I got and dyed by selling crafting stuff on auction.
    6. watching my rogue fight in wedding skirt with a big red bow. :P
    7. getting my riding spider on top of buildings.
    8. working on a personal home foundry mission
    9. watching trolls in their natural habitat.
    10. helping out new players.
    11. I love the joint chat with CO which I play for costume contests, alerts, travel powers, and rp
    12. did I mention.....riding spider......and playing a rogue with no feet.
    13. alchemy. *turns into a bear*

over all I like this game more than most other mmos ive ever played and that includes WOW EVE TOR SWG UO DDO and various others. I like cox more than this game but it is gone. I like CO a lot but I play it concurrently. the one thing I Don't like about this game is the non rp community seems exceptionally emo and complain about everything. Its like they expect this game to be as developed as subscription games 5-10 years old. and not charge for ANYTHING. While it can be amusing at points(trolls in natural habitat). it gets old.
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited July 2013
    I all games it have always first of all been my guild mates, old and new friends.
    Questing with them, foundry, dungeons, zone clear doesn't really matter.
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What keeps me playing? :) I play because I enjoy the game. Period. I suck at PvP...but I still PvP because it's a different skill than PvE. I've leveled a TR, a DC and a CW in that order and each time I leveled a new class it became my favorite one. Currently my CW is my favorite. I've got a GWF standing on the beach ready to run the tutorial levels but haven't gotten around to her yet. I'm on a short break from NW because my day job picked up steam and I'm trying to behave.

Granted I am "new" to MMOs having stayed away in the past because I knew I'd like them TOO much for my own good LOL. I know everyone has their own complaints regarding NW but I for one enjoy it. I'm not "hardcore" though I do like making my toons the best they can be and learning how to play them the way they should be played etc... that's part of the fun and what keeps me coming back.

There are things about the game I dislike, yes, (and this is not the thread for that) but there is nothing I flat out "hate" enough to make me stop playing.