test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion - Allowing Guild members to donate AD to funds for more bankspace

baenonbaenon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I think that it would be nice to be able to do this for the guild as our tabs are filling up pretty quickly. Having this option would allow guilds to purchase guild bank space relative to their guild size and the demand for space as the guild progresses.

what do you think?
Post edited by baenon on

Comments

• Options
    serev19serev19 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait...they require the leader to fund stuff like this by themselves? o_O

That's just...

Literally every other mmo that has guild bank space or something similar allows members to donate....

Why would that not be here?
  • Options
    daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, given the price of the tabs. I really thought we would be able to donate our AD into a pool or something, that could then be used to buy a tab. Relying on one person to fund an entire tab seems a little unfair to me.
  • Options
    snorri30snorri30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 allow the group pay for the build bank slot would be nice, wondering why it's still not a main option
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    they can mail you ad
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think that anyone with the permission can do it.. but still that much for 1 member is a little high. there doesn't seem to be a place to put AD in the mail GUI.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Agreed.. to an extent... Guilds need to be able to pool AD for Guild Purchases only. If implemented, donated ADs should only be able to be used for Guild Specific Purchases, such as more bankspace. It should never be able to be withdrawn and used for anything else - for to do so, would cause a slew of exploits, tamper with the economy, and fuel the gold spammers' methods.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is what I was implying, I should have worded a little better I suppose.
  • Options
    n00burtn00burt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello everyone.

What I am suggesting is that each guild member should be able to donate Astral Diamonds to the payment of the bank tabs. The Astral Diamonds would not be able to be taken out, but deposited into it. I personally feel it would make it feel like a group effort, which is the current problem. It feels like one person is shelling out for each tab, while others who want to throw in some Astral Diamonds, are unable to do so.

As an example, the next tab for my guild (Sinister Swarm) is going to cost 750.000 Astral Diamonds. That comes to around $20 worth of Zen converted to Astral Diamonds directly. The price for one person to pay for that is completely unfair to that person, and each person in the guild who wants to contribute, but is unable to completely.

If I posted in the wrong section, I do apologize. I looked around on the forums, but was unable to find an area for suggestions specifically.
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    +1

10/chara
  • Options
    wondyrwondyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. Funny thing is we can donate gold to the guild but the tabs need AD to be purchased. Or make the tabs be bought with gold.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering they have similar "everyone donates dilithium & resources" guild projects in Star Trek Online, it's really odd that the guild bank tabs don't work like that.
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Agreed,we set up our guild yesterday and could believe that members could not donate AD for a slot.
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes please.
  • Options
    wylderrwylderr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since our guild leader has just opened our first bank slot, I had not known about the issue of not being able to donate. Now that we do, our guild has been talking a little about it. Could a new from of currency be added, for instance a "Guild Token" that could be purchased with astral diamonds, but like Ardent And Celestial coins only be used for specific guild related purchases?
  • Options
    skaan1974skaan1974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    agree please allow the guild yo pay for the guild bank slot.
  • Options
    skaan1974skaan1974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    skaan1974 wrote: »

You needed to Necro both of these threads why?
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    been a while since this was mentioned, but I would still like to see this added.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    We totally want this too, but it will not likely be for Module 1 I'm afraid.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    panderus wrote: »

Great to hear it's on the table, though!

I know one way you can get around it at the current time is to give the guild leaders the Idols from the Nightmare Lockboxes. You can either purchase them off the Auction House (for a slight loss) or simply give the leaders the idols you get from lockboxes yourself.

Sadly it requires a bit of trust from the guild members so it may not be advisable to do if you are new to a guild, but it is one possible way around the current limitations. :)
  • Options
    cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    panderus wrote: »

Then I must respectfully ask what is Cryptic even doing with their time?

It would be nice if a post was made on the site or in these forums detailing exactly what bug fixes and improvements to the game are going to come with Module 1. So far nothing of true substance has been revealed. When you read a post that boils down to "hey guys, it'd be really nice if you buy this pack we just came up with" and then you read a post like this that says "we didn't have time to implement a feature that's been requested for over two months now", it really makes you question how much Cryptic even cares about the needs and wants of its playerbase and if they even care that they are slowly choking the life out of it.

I'd really hate to have to wait until the module launches to find out if this game has a future. Please throw us a bone.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just make sure that when module one is patched in that the ZEN store continues to work.

I'm sure that is the prime directive.

Prove the player base wrong and go address fixes to bugs before releasing more content.
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree, this would be nice. Currently when someone from my guild wants to donate astrals for bank slot, I'll put a bag of holes up on the AH for whatever he wants to donate. The only real problem with this is that it makes it 12.5% more expensive (which I usually end up covering) for those slots.

As far as the idols, we were not able to trade them from some reason???
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    +1 need this function badly.
  • Options
    wylderfoxwylderfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    ...or just allow it to be bought with gold instead of AD?
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yea I totally would donate for more bank space.
  • Options
    azmoran11azmoran11 Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2013
    This is needed badly.
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with this suggestion. It would be very nice to allow members to donate AD like they can GOLD. Pretty please!?
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    tophxtophx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, this would be a great feature for the game. Specially if you include the guild functionality in STO (Star Trek Online) where you earn points for your contributions. Any AD contributions can even count towards automatically increasing a member's rank in the guild (up to a point).

Imagine, having Guild Professions where members can contribute assets/resources and craft guild-based gear (or to unlock bank slots) would be great. This gives a sense of community and ownership to guild members.

It's definitely sad that Cryptic seems to have reinvented the wheel for Neverwinter Online.
    (While the devs are at it, STO's Account-Bound items and Account Bank would also be appreciated.)
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Glad to see this brought back to the top again. This function really needs to be added.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
This discussion has been closed.