test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR Skill push back skill?

fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Can anyone tell me what TR skill knocks you back, yesterday for the first time there was perma stealth TR who was getting some major kills getting lashing blade is fine but I was unable to move because he kept hitting me with a skill that kept pushing me back not much but enough to interrupt me.

Anyone know what that skill is?

Thanks
Post edited by fabael on

Comments

• Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Impact Shot. 3 Charges (4 if used out of Stealth), medium range, knockback and a short stun/daze. Has the potential to do serious amounts of damage if the TR catches someone with it at the right time.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    malkavier wrote: »
    Impact Shot. 3 Charges (4 if used out of Stealth), medium range, knockback and a short stun/daze. Has the potential to do serious amounts of damage if the TR catches someone with it at the right time.

6 charges (3 stealth, 3 non stealth).
  • Options
    fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    Thanks all you learn something new everyday :)
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    op class op skill
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    6 charges (3 stealth, 3 non stealth).

3 charges of mega lame, 3 charges of super lame. 1 of the many nerfs needed. Including all damage reduced while in stealth.
  • Options
    llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    3 charges of mega lame, 3 charges of super lame. 1 of the many nerfs needed. Including all damage reduced while in stealth.

He purposely left out 1 important detail: You need to use Lurker's Assault (Daily) to be able to throw out 6 Impact Shots. Only 3 shots while LA is active (you can't spam 6 shots back to back) and then 3 more shots after the Daily ends.

Impact Shot isn't that great without the Daily being up. You have to pray it crits or it does <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage, especially to Sent. GWFs, GFs, and tanky Clerics. The cooldown on it is ridiculous. 12 seconds per shot, 36 to refill all 3. Some people just want to whine about anything Rogues have that can kill people. Meanwhile the cheese Sent. GWFs and GFs with Regen gear are happily tanking entire groups and owning everyone with 3 hits, while CC locking them.

BTW, you have no idea WTF you're even talking about when you say that "all damage reduced while in stealth." Just another clueless TR hater spouting misinformation on the forums.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »
    He purposely left out 1 important detail: You need to use Lurker's Assault (Daily) to be able to throw out 6 Impact Shots. Only 3 shots while LA is active (you can't spam 6 shots back to back) and then 3 more shots after the Daily ends.

Regardless of whether you have lurkers up you do have 3 shots while in stealth and 3 shots not in stealth that both have recharge timers. So if for example you stealthed, did some stuff, used impact shot you would use 1 stealth charge. If you then shadowstriked and used impact shot again, you would use 1 stealth charge leaving you with only 1 stealth charge left. If you then used lurkers and had the class feature to fill your stealth bar, then stealthed and used impact shot, all of your stealth charges would be gone until the first charge you used comes off cooldown.

Either way by using lashing blade and impact shot with lurkers assault up, it is by far the deadliest daily in game. Should be an easy 2-3 kills vs. randies. Not calling for nerfs here or anthying, just pointing out the facts. PVP is too fubared to suggest any nerfs/buffs to rogues without making big changes to every other class.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    Regardless of whether you have lurkers up you do have 3 shots while in stealth and 3 shots not in stealth that both have recharge timers.

Do you even play Rogue? Have you ever used Impact Shot at all? Because you sure talk like you know everything about it, but you actually don't.

You only get 4 shots with stealth, 3 shots without. It's not "3 shots while in stealth and 3 shots not in stealth." You're flat out wrong. Stop spreading misinformation.
  • Options
    zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    Do you even play Rogue? Have you ever used Impact Shot at all? Because you sure talk like you know everything about it, but you actually don't.

You only get 4 shots with stealth, 3 shots without. It's not "3 shots while in stealth and 3 shots not in stealth." You're flat out wrong. Stop spreading misinformation.

QFT.

Impact shot only has 3 charges, but your 1st use from stealth is "free" (doesn't use a charge).
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Been hit for 18k by one charge of this skill. It hits for harder then moast other classes encounters, it stuns breifly and got several charges, it's not ballanced at all for pvp.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    Been hit for 18k by one charge of this skill. It hits for harder then moast other classes encounters, it stuns breifly and got several charges, it's not ballanced at all for pvp.

You must have horrible gear with little to no Defense stat.

Impact Shot can only crit for that much on squishy targets with bad gear while in Lurker's Assault (Daily) mode. It usually only does 3-5k non-crits, 8-12k crit against squishy targets. Against high Defense targets such as Sent. GWF, GF, and tanky Clerics, it does <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage like I said before.
  • Options
    cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    modimor wrote: »

You're right. If it were up to me, I'd buff the move in some way. Impact Shot is one of the few moves we have that lets us attack without taking a massive risk, relatively speaking. Other classes have so many moves and attributes that let them avoid (or take) damage and beat their opponents senseless; the only two things a (moderately geared) TR can count on to survive and get kills are stealth and Lashing Blade. Everything else tends to be a utility move that does nothing to help us kill and only serves to let us survive another few seconds. We need more viable ways to attack, not less.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Sounds like you don't play rogue, and have difficulty posting on forums with respect to other users.

I think you should go test impact shot and see that there are actually 3 charges that can be consumed while stealthed. Most newbie rogues don't notice this because impact shot without lurkers does take you out of stealth. Of course, after using 1 charge your stealth will be removed and you can't fire off another from stealth, but a charge is still consumed, perhaps you misunerstood what I wrote although I did include an example that seemed to make it clear.

You will also notice that there is a separate cooldown timer for impact once a charge is consumed for stealth/non-stealth charges.

Stop spreading misinformation.

Impact Shot can only crit for that much on squishy targets with bad gear while in Lurker's Assault (Daily) mode. It usually only does 3-5k non-crits, 8-12k crit against squishy targets. Against high Defense targets such as Sent. GWF, GF, and tanky Clerics, it does <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage like I said before.

I regualarly crit for 10k+ with impact shot while lurkers is up. That is without perfect vorpal, without ancient weapons (using murderous jesters) and without the brutal backstab feat. Quite possible that the rogue that hit him had all of the above, as opposed to the poster having bad gear imo.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    so this is just another l2p thread then?
  • Options
    dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »

No, its just another rogue ability that murders CWs 10-0.

Someone said: You must have horrible gear with little to no Defense stat.

Yeah thats CW gear for you allright, no defense.
  • Options
    zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    The exact text of Impact Shot:

"Attack your opponent from a medium range, Pushing them slightly. This skill has 3 encounter charges.
    Stealth: Briefly Stuns the target, and cost no charges."

The exact text of Lurker's Assault:

"Lurk through the Shadowfell, dealing 20/40/60% extra damage and rapidly regenerating Stealth for a few seconds."

Combine them:
    1. while an Encounter power normally depletes stealth fast, Lurker's regenerates it fast. Therefore, Lurkers + Encounter Power = lose stealth at roughly the normal rate.
    2. every spam of Impact Shot is free while stealthed (does not deplete the counter)
    3. given "1" above, you can fire MORE THAN 1 "free" Impact Shot while under Lurker's Assault. In fact, you can roughly get 3 off.
    4. 3 "free" Impact shots while stealthed at +60% damage, can be followed immediately by 3 normal impact shots.
    5. 3+3=6
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    inexgrav wrote: »
    op class op skill

^ player who needs to l2p
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »

yep, with bads crying about how they aren't good enough
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Impact shot regularly crits for 19-20k for me, with the caveat that when it does, it is 1) a critical, 2) a flanking critical

With lurkers up I have seen it go well over 20k
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zaodun wrote: »
    The exact text of Impact Shot:

"Attack your opponent from a medium range, Pushing them slightly. This skill has 3 encounter charges.
    Stealth: Briefly Stuns the target, and cost no charges."

There are seperate charges for when you are stealthed. This is just an example at how much Cryptic failed with tooltip errors and lack of relevant information on tooltips for powers/feats.

None of the impact shots are actually "free" it only seems so because it takes 10 seconds to fill stealth meter (this might be different depending on feats/gear that increases the stealth meter, I dont' know/never tested.). It takes 12 second on my rogue that has barely any recovery to regain 1 charge, thus after using a charge during stealth by the time you bring your stealth meter back to full that charge will be replenished.

An easy way to test this if you want to see for yourself:
    - go to the dummies
    - remove any gear that has recovery to make you regain charges on impact shot as slow as possible, to make the test easier
    - use lurkers, then wait a couple seconds to not set the cooldown too soon
    - use 3 impact shots from stealth
    - once lurkers drops off, end stealth with impossible to catch (or any other skill really, you won't be able to use impact to end it since you will have no charges)
    - use shadowstrike and notice you can't impact shot while stealthed atm. You will also notice if you pay attention that there is a countdown on the icon, when this countdown reaches 0 you will have a 1 displayed on the bottom right of the icon and the icon will go from black and white to colored (red and black) indicating that you now have a charge.

While stealthed you will notice that in the bottom right corner of the impact shot icon there is a charge counter as well, that will decrease by one every time you impact shot from stealth, easily noticeable when lurkers is up since you won't leave stealth.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    If you use impact shot while stealthed, the first charge will not be consumed but the stealth itself will be consumed.

You will have to regenerate stealth after using 1 charge of impact shot.

There are surely feats that increase the stealth regenration, but there are no feats that prevents stealth loss from using encounters.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    If you use impact shot while stealthed, the first charge will not be consumed but the stealth itself will be consumed.

You will have to regenerate stealth after using 1 charge of impact shot.

There are surely feats that increase the stealth regenration, but there are no feats that prevents stealth loss from using encounters.

Day late and dollar short. Perhaps you should read the discussion and catch up before trying to contribute by stating the obvious. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wall of text
    More wall of text

You're still wrong. 4 Impact Shots with Stealth, 3 without.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    Impact shot regularly crits for 19-20k for me, with the caveat that when it does, it is 1) a critical, 2) a flanking critical

With lurkers up I have seen it go well over 20k

I thought you had me on ignore... oh wait.

Over 20k lol. Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Yeah, maybe if the squishy target is fully Enfeebled. I can LA+Lashing for over 45k on a fully Enfeebled target too. Doesn't mean much.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I thought you had me on ignore... oh wait.

Click, I took you off ignore to be the bigger person.
    Over 20k lol. Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Here are some ACT logs screenshot from PvP back on the 9th.

mr44zk.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Here are some ACT logs screenshot from PvP back on the 9th.

4 out of 16 times you reached over 20k and barely. ACT doesn't show which of those targets were Enfeebled and which weren't.

Also, Stalena is a squishy CW bot and your flanking crit Impact Shot only did 15k to it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    4 out of 16 times you reached over 20k and barely. ACT doesn't show which of those targets were Enfeebled and which weren't.

Also, Stalena is a squishy CW bot and your flanking crit Impact Shot only did 15k to it.

Screenshots aren't enough to prove you wrong, I guess. I'm not sure what else to tell you man. You called me out, I responded, you still have diarrhea-mouth.

You might know a lot about this game man, but you sure as hell are wrong a lot about my character.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Screenshots aren't enough to prove you wrong, I guess. I'm not sure what else to tell you man. You called me out, I responded, you still have diarrhea-mouth.

You might know a lot about this game man, but you sure as hell are wrong a lot about my character.

LOL diarrhea-mouth. Did I curse at you or call you any names in here? Imagining things, bro.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You are still running your mouth like it doesn't happen, and doesn't happen often is the diarrhea-mouth reference.

This after you said and I quote "Over 20k lol."

I just showed you how LOL it is and now your tune has changed to "barely 20k". How else can I respond?

I at first doubted your PvP skills and you proved to me you are pretty competent. My ego can handle telling you that. By the same token, doesn't my screenshot prove in the same fashion how often I hit 20k impact shots? 4/16 is 25%.

Is it really so unimaginable that my high str high power high crit TR could pump out that sort of damage?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You are still running your mouth like it doesn't happen, and doesn't happen often is the diarrhea-mouth reference.

This after you said and I quote "Over 20k lol."

I just showed you how LOL it is and now your tune has changed to "barely 20k". How else can I respond?

I at first doubted your PvP skills and you proved to me you are pretty competent. My ego can handle telling you that. By the same token, doesn't my screenshot prove in the same fashion how often I hit 20k impact shots? 4/16 is 25%.

Is it really so unimaginable that my high str high power high crit TR could pump out that sort of damage?

Let's analyse what you said shall we?

You: "Impact shot regularly crits for 19-20k for me, with the caveat that when it does, it is 1) a critical, 2) a flanking critical"

"Regularly crits for 19-20k..." I see 6 out of 15 crits for 19-20k. That's not even close to "regularly." That's way less than than the average of your flanking crit Impact Shots. The majority of your crit+flank and most likely with LA up are in the 10-16k range, not 19-20k.

You: "With lurkers up I have seen it go well over 20k"

"Well over" as in 1-3k over 20k. Yeah, "well over" my as$. And that's with LA+crit+flank. Again, doesn't show which targets were Enfeebled or not. Also doesn't show what class and how much Defense your targets had.

Me: "Yeah, maybe if the squishy target is fully Enfeebled. I can LA+Lashing for over 45k on a fully Enfeebled target too. Doesn't mean much."

You conveniently left out that quote of mine where I said you can hit for that much if it's on a squishy target that's Enfeebled.