What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game was meant to fail at the start

124»

Comments

• callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Is true.

The guild im an officer in "Vendetta" was the most dominant PVP guild on Dragon for the first month, maybe two.

By the end of the first month, all the core members were geared, full t2/ancient/rank5-8 enchants, all of the core members quit.

And now here we are, I log in MAYBE once a week just to make sure im still the best TR on dragon -> "I am".

Point is I havent changed a piece of gear since the third week this game came out? Theres nothing to do in this game, it has reached it peak a few months ago, the game is dying, etc.

Ill just wait for something with some substance to come out, I learned my lesson so thank you PwE ^_^
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    umm sorry but its always been about money, can't think of any company out there making products just make people happy in mind, they do make certain people happy, they want make cash at the same time.

Ah, to be young and ignorant again.

Kyo, there was a time when companies put out the very best product the could not to please customers, but because of a little thing called pride in your accomplishments and profit was a by-product of this policy. Little by little, this has changed. Companies cut corners anywhere they can now to save money and transfer profit on up the ladder, sacrificing quality. Craptic is no different. Cutting corners to save a buck and churning out half-arsed material so the low expectation generation can lap it up.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Neverwinter is an utterly forgettable pit-stop in the long line of shallow "me too" pablum MMOs. These small inconsequential quick-buck games have destroyed the MMO genre.

Cryptic and PW are just flim-flam fly-by-night make a buck and gone "companies" adding nothing of worth to a genre which is already a rotting corpse.

At least EA...hmm...no, EA is still worse by several orders of magnitude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alantiaalantia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    Neverwinter is an utterly forgettable pit-stop in the long line of shallow "me too" pablum MMOs. These small inconsequential quick-buck games have destroyed the MMO genre.

Cryptic and PW are just flim-flam fly-by-night make a buck and gone "companies" adding nothing of worth to a genre which is already a rotting corpse.

Feeling better now? Where did the game company hurt you? Don't be shy we are listening and we are here for you.
    It is what it is:cool:
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »

Yet they flim flamed you out of $200
    Who has the issue.
    Go back to WoW and spend $15 a month and $60 per expansion that is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    and Mounts that cost $30 and up......
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Huh? what guild? Also, are you saying that it was designed to fail at the start but failed at failing so it's still going past the start?
    edited July 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    Huh? what guild? Also, are you saying that it was designed to fail at the start but failed at failing so it's still going past the start?

I think you are right it failed to fail at the start so it started without failing so I guess that means it failed to fail at the start right?..
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    alantia wrote: »
    I think you are right it failed to fail at the start so it started without failing so I guess that means it failed to fail at the start right?..

That's the impression I'm getting.
    edited July 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    That's the impression I'm getting.

There we solved the whole thread! Cake or pie?
  • sekhmetscorpiosekhmetscorpio Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So this thread can be summed up like this...

There are the people that rush to end game as fast as possible never truly enjoying any game then crying and complaining that they are bored because they rushed through everything and now they have only a bit of "endgame" to toy with and intense ADD. Then similarly there are also the people that pay to win as much as possible instead of having fun earning their gear, then they complain they are bored because they already have it and didn't want to earn it. Ummm who is the fool here? Its not the devs. Its you. You play like a fool. So go find a new game. We are tired of the same QQ you do on every game you get into. I know you only play ANY game for 2 months tops and annoy everyone actually playing and enjoying the game, then you go find a new game and new bunch of people to annoy. Go away now please.

Then there are the people that 1) find a brand new game, 2) play the game just enough to know what they are talking about when they complain and troll so hard its like they are getting paid for it.

If you are not one of the 3 above described people you may or may not possess some measure of common sense, but are more than likely enjoying the game you are playing. Kudos for you! The above described people are all over the forums of games, but seldom have common sense and even less seldom enjoy anything in life that they do. Their parents are proud and their non existent girlfriends think they are super cool for winning at games so fast while failing at life. AWESOME! Keep trolling bros... you rock.
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    There we solved the whole thread! Cake or pie?

Pie on cake?????
    edited July 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    Pie on cake?????

Ala mode yes!
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well... perhaps if the game was better, threads like this wont exist.

It wouldn't matter if this game cured cancer, solved world hunger, and got 3.5 and 4E players to get together and sing kumbaya. There would still be threads like this.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
    edited July 2013
    Ala mode yes!

No that would be Ice cream between the Pie and cake.....
    MMMMMMM Now I am hungry.
  • ungoodungood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    It wouldn't matter if this game cured cancer, solved world hunger, and got 3.5 and 4E players to get together and sing kumbaya. There would still be threads like this.

This is some right and proper win!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    D&D Home Page - What Class Are You?
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This game is soooo super fun. I'm glad I spent at least $600 so far.

You just said you hated it? I'm confused.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • jesterdavidxjesterdavidx Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am glad I didn't waste a single penny on this fail of an MMO but I have to wonder, why was this MMO ever allowed in the first place?
    This game is very much Cryptic. It has all the flaws and problem areas of their past efforts. It's what they know how to make. They've never released a finished game or been particularly good at managing end game content, PvP, bugs, exploits, and the like.

Why was it released? I imagine for a couple reasons.
    First, to maintain the licence which would likely vanish if the game was delayed too long. The D&D name is licences to Atari and not Perfect World, and Cryptic was started work on the game when they were still a part of the former.
    Second, because as a new acquisition, PWE likely wanted to see some Return on Investment sooner rather than later.
    So is this how MMOs going to be in the future? Broad cast Free-to-play, add a cash shop, removing subscription, and rake in the money to individuals that are stupid enough to spend the money on cash shops?

I have to say, video games both in quality and reputations, has ever so gone down hill ever since the introduction of "Cash Shops" and "Free to play". However it rakes in the money for companies like Perfect World, while new to this company, yes I have learned that's how this company makes money is "Cash Shops" only.
    I wouldn't call this game particularly representational. They're likely making some money, but prices are pretty high to fall into the "impulse" purchase range and there's not a lot of options. If they cut prices by 3/4 they might end up making more money in increased sales: more smaller purchases rather than the few big purchases.
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well... perhaps if the game was better, threads like this wont exist. It doesn't matter if this thread becomes locked, closed, or deleted; its the mere fact that "Perfect World" deliberately allowed the game to fail.

So I blame the company, not the idea of the game, but it clearly shows that Dungeon and Dragons Online, is far superior than this piece of junk.

Yeah but what you call junk is good to others. Just because you dislike this game doesn't make it bad. If it took some people calling the game bad to make the game actually bad then all the games in the world and all throughout history would be bad. This game isn't completely awesome but it's still great to a lot of people. Plus how you were saying people had spent money on this and now they're mad or something well they decided to spend that money. That's there own fault no one else's.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295