What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game was meant to fail at the start

Comments

• Options
    derspenglerderspengler Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wards. Enchantments. Converting Zen into AD.

There is a huge advantage when you have a single "Lesser" Weapon or Armor enchantment when it comes to PvP. Also there are more sets for PvE that out shine PvP gear when it comes to set bonuses. Fastest Mount makes a difference too.

So basically what the guild did was to test everything they made sure they had 20-30 Rank 10 runes for armor and pets for each rune field, perfect weapon and armor enchants. Copy your character to Test realm and do all the testing you want to make the perfect character.

While yes it is their choice, there is a huge difference in game play advantage if you have a single weapon and armor enchant. This its been discussed by other people in other threads to argue about the "Buy to Win" for both PvP and PvE.

Edit: Oh and spending AD to by pass the waiting time to max out professions. Since a Dev confirmed that to have the BiS slot gear can be obtained in trade skills, this fueled the incentive.

Also, because the RNG "On loot Drops from dungeons *even with Dungeon Delves*" is so bad, you can just buy most of your gear off of auction house without playing the game fully and beat the game.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, that helped clarify the situation.

Unfortunately, I'm still not feeling any sympathy. Your idiot guild mates wasted tens of thousands of dollars trying to figure out endgame on game that's only a few months old. Tens of thousands (and I'm going to keep saying that amount because it's so ludicrous) of dollars to find out some information that can (and will) be be changed overnight. Repeatedly. And will be worthless eventually because level increases and expansions (hah) will render them pointless, suddenly all those hard-bought epics will be mid-level gear outclassed by green drops and quest rewards.

Ten. Thousand. Dollars. $27.40/day if it was over the course of a year. Far more in this case since it was a game that's been around for 2-3 months. They blew more per day on average than a lot of players' daily take home pay, of COURSE they're going to be upset the game didn't meet their expectations because it's impossible at that level.

It's their money, of course, so it was their choice. But it's my choice to point and laugh, and then go back to running around with my spiffy drow spider mount and l33t facial tattoos.
  • Options
    xomnifariousxxomnifariousx Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sooo, I can't find a search function, nor can I create a new thread, so I'll just ask here. There aren't any bows in Neverwinter? No ranger class? What?
  • Options
    deephorizon111deephorizon111 Member Posts: 103
    edited July 2013
    Quote:
    Matt Firor: "This is more a multiplayer Elder Scrolls game than an MMO."

Link:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/elder-scrolls-online-interview/
  • Options
    chanceboonchanceboon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, so much drama over a game so young.

I don't understand the need to toss so much hate at something free. If it isn't what you want, if you can't get into it any more, then walk away. No one is forcing you to stay here and waste your time...go away.

Honestly, life is too short to go off on these tangents...
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    LOL not proff of our claim now is it... yeah they said it was a multiplayerm action game where is the suprise you claim where is the decent where is the fury?
    That was a description of the game.
    To many think MMO means Must group that is wrong you are wrong MMO means Muliple Players online doing the same content at te same time.
    It has nothing to do with grouping or pvp it is multiple people online many games have the option to group that does not mean that you must group.
    You and the "suprised" author with a distorted view that you happen to find agrees with yours does not make a it a controversy well in your mind maybe. Where is the link saying it was said to be a MMO by the devs at first where is the link showing the mass fury over the chage as you claimed. Please support your claim.

To many likle you claim something with no proff and then cry oer being challanged for proff. Well this is what happens you provide no proff to support your claim but a dev saying they were making a multiplayer action game not a forced grouping game. LOL ok nice try but try again.
  • Options
    chanceboonchanceboon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    LOL. Must have hit a nerve. Look, we understand...you don't like the way things are going...so do something different. Instead of sitting here complaining, find something else.

At any rate, I've wasted enough time on this idiocy, I hope you find something you'll enjoy.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While I agree, the people that come on here do enjoy the this game "when they have money to spend" but for those that can't, come here. I have been reading other forums about similar situations like this of the same set up and its clear that Perfect World is okay allowing "advantage" from real cash to come into play.

So while I am not debating anything that other threads brought up, I just want to know why DnD setting was sold PW in the first place and what was the incentive?

So the first educated guess is that it had be a large sum of money offered on the table as one factor. Comparing to the new story about an American company, is selling one of its largest meat companies to China for over 5,000 billion dollars, yes that phrase is correct as stated in news and article, one has to wonder what was given to DnD to allow them to sell rights to PW that ended up ruining a good reputation for DnD.

The DnD setting was not sold to PW in the manner you refer to. The rights to a Neverwinter MMO were purchased by Cryptic/Atari initially. Then Atari sold Cryptic to PWE. At no point did the owners of DnD sell directly to PWE.

You might want to double check your numbers on that meat company sold to China. You are off by a factor of 1,000. The amount, the largest Chinese take over of an American company, was under 5 billion dollars, not 5 trillion dollars (5,000 Billion) as you claim. Currently the most valuable companies in the world (less than 500 billion dollars) are less than a tenth of what you claim for that relatively (very relatively) low valued meat packing company.
    the lead game developer did say its only going to be online game play

No he did not. The article says, "Matt Firor says they are focused on building a great Elder Scrolls game which happens to also be a MMO."

It also says, " “This is more a multiplayer Elder Scrolls game than an MMO." This phrase means that it will be both. If something is described as having more of X than of Y it means that it has both X and Y contained within it.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    Well that is how people like the OP support thier Oppinion Hyperbole and lack of facts/proff.

At this point, since the OP has demonstrated either a willingness to exaggerate by a factor of 1000, or an inability to understand large numbers, I wonder if the tens of thousands of dollars mentioned as having been spent by his guild mates are off by a factor of 1000 as well. Are the real numbers tens of dollars ? Did members of his guild perhaps spend only ten to twenty bucks each ?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    At this point, since the OP has demonstrated either a willingness to exaggerate by a factor of 1000, or an inability to understand large numbers, I wonder if the tens of thousands of dollars mentioned as having been spent by his guild mates are off by a factor of 1000 as well. Are the real numbers tens of dollars ? Did members of his guild perhaps spend only ten to twenty bucks each ?

I bet with your derailing post, you would even suggest there is no "Buy To Win". Honestly, its not suprising why this game died.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I bet with your derailing post, you would even suggest there is no "Buy To Win". Honestly, its not suprising why this game died.

I commented on points raised in the OP. Your definition of derailing seems to be as inaccurate as your counting. Or is it your honesty that was faulty in the OP rather than your math ? Should we assume that you were lying rather than just lacking in the ability to count at a fifth grade level ? I am actually curious.

You would lose your bet.

Any purchasable advantage is Pay to Win, even in a PvE focused game. Any game with a player to player market place and finite access to resources has competition. The ability to pay for an advantage in any form of competition is at the heart of the phrase, "pay to win." Cryptic's games have a very measurable Pay to Win aspect. I am less familiar with PWE's non-Cryptic games but I expect that they do as well.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    I commented on points raised in the OP. Your definition of derailing seems to be as inaccurate as your counting. Or is it your honesty that was faulty in the OP rather than your math ? Should we assume that you were lying rather than just lacking in the ability to count at a fifth grade level ? I am actually curious.

You would lose your bet.

Any purchasable advantage is Pay to Win, even in a PvE focused game. Any game with a player to player market place and finite access to resources has competition. The ability to pay for an advantage in any form of competition is at the heart of the phrase, "pay to win." Cryptic's games have a very measurable Pay to Win aspect. I am less familiar with PWE's non-Cryptic games but I expect that they do as well.

So basically you are wasting time and "Spamming" when you actually know the real truth about the deteration of the game's state.

Let me guess you are either one of those people that make filler post, the one that spends money, or fan boy. Good to know you are in that field.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Yeah, that's the article I found, too... which is a whole 5 days old. (So this is brand new stuff, not some thing players have been rumoring about forever).

Also, if you actually read it:
    Wait, you can solo everything??

I have to admit when Firor first said most of the game can be solo’ed, I had a bit of a freak out. I mean why bother to make a MMO at all if the player can never group with anyone else ever? That sounds like a horrible MMO. However, if you pay attention Firor follows the statement up by saying the leveling content is mostly soloable. When you think about it most MMOs these days are pretty much soloable through the leveling content. They all have dungeons you need to group up to do, but you do not have to do those dungeons.

It’s actually a measure of how much MMO’s have changed over the years that you no longer have to group up in any part of the leveling. Back when Final Fantasy XI came out you couldn’t walk two feet alone much less level the entire way on your own. Now all the major games allow you to get through the leveling experience without grouping up with anyone. So it really is just a continuation of the trend, which is a whole other issue.

There is a caveat to the “being able to solo level” things. Firor did say soloing the content is slower than if you grouped. Might seem obvious, but this could be a big deal for those of use who feel like when you play an MMO you should play with other people. The real question is how much slower will it be. If it is substantially slower then it will give people more reasons to group up, which works for a MMO, but it might be an aspect which will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the people who really just want another Elder Scrolls game and aren’t so interested in the MMO aspects.

EDIT: what the? Dammit, I wrote a several paragraph reply here, and when I hit post it all disappeared except for the above. /headdesk

tl;dr - sounds like every MMO I've played since vanilla WoW in 2005. Including solo content - especially leveling content - is darn common in MMOs. Both because they want to attract all the customers they possibly can, and because the die-hard "the game begins at the cap" MMO raiders just want to blow past the leveling as fast as possible - old, EQ & FF11 style, "leveling is a long slow grind, that requires a dedicated 5-man group farming a monster spawn for months" tedium hasn't been popular in years.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the article I found, too... which is a whole 5 days old. (So this is brand new stuff, not some thing players have been rumoring about forever).

Wait, you can solo everything??

I have to admit when Firor first said most of the game can be solo

Yeah but here is the problem, what they are trying to do is derail the thread. From what I read that the Dev responded, when Teso was announced and time later went on, it was player base they called TESO being an MMO. Then later on as you said in this article, the Dev responded and correct them Zenimax never said it was an MMO, just only an Online game.

Rumors were started by the player base. I have no idea what those other posters are trying to say or prove but, I was plain and clear, like bread and butter.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Yeah but here is the problem, what they are trying to do is derail the thread. From what I read that the Dev responded, when Teso was announced and time later went on, it was player base they called TESO being an MMO. Then later on as you said in this article, the Dev responded and correct them Zenimax never said it was an MMO, just only an Online game.

Rumors were started by the player base. I have no idea what those other posters are trying to say or prove but, I was plain and clear, like bread and butter.

Check my edit, the post got mangled. You're creating something out of thin air - the game, as described by that dev in that article, is a standard MMO of the last decade.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So basically you are wasting time and "Spamming" when you actually know the real truth about the deteration of the game's state.

Let me guess you are either one of those people that make filler post, the one that spends money, or fan boy. Good to know you are in that field.

Apparently your reading comprehension is as lacking as your ability to count or tell the truth.

I made no comment about deterioration of the game. Pay to Win has been part of the Cryptic business model since before NW launched so its existence here is not a function of deterioration but rather of status quo.

1) My initial post was a direct commentary on points raised in the original post. Since then my posts have been responses to yours. If these subsequent posts are, "filler," then such can only be the case because they are replies to your posts that derail the thread.

2) I have not spent money on this game.

3) I do not particularly care for Cryptic as a company and would be happier if a different company had the rights to this, one of my favorite intellectual properties.

Your ability to guess is as off target as your bets.

• Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

You really do not get it do you....
    It is going to be an MMO...
    A massively Multiplayer Online Game.
    It is not however an MMORPG but a MMOAA.

You are confussing the genres with the base definition of MMO.

Here from the MMO Wiki a real correct definition for you.
    A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously.
    Nothing about grouping or solo play defines an MMO.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Check my edit, the post got mangled. You're creating something out of thin air - the game, as described by that dev in that article, is a standard MMO of the last decade.

Yeah but its not like I can link in game footage. Problem is, you cant explain something if people arnt willen to listen, I figure the article would be enough but these posters are out for blood for some odd reason.

Typically what the Dev commented on is right, its not a standard MMO but its not an MMO. I can't explain something people have yet to experience in game. All I can say is that it doesn't follow Blizzard's game World of Warcraft rules of "This is how an MMO should be".

So far, they are true to their word that its a solo type game but in all, it really is no different from "Skyrim", which people loved. Its just an online version of Skyrim. I am not sure what the big deal is anyways. I suppose I will have to wait until more BETA invites are sent out.
  • Options
    o0java0oo0java0o Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly, I had played World of Warcraft for years and this game was a real breath of fresh air for me. I was skeptical from the beginning because it was a free to play game. I pay nothing to play and I paid nothing for the game. Your average game cost about $60 and depending on if there is a monthly fee you could be looking at another $10-$15 on top of it. I look at this way If I am enjoying the game, throwing $15 bucks a month at it isn't that unreasonable. If find myself bored and not having fun then I will stop playing and never look back. I've played for about month now and have spent maybe $15 total on this game and I don't I don't feel at all ripped off. I like to buy keys and a get useless Items out of the boxes its my :)

I will agree though that the free to play with option to buy in game currency is not my favorite model for a game. It does give people an unfair advantage. This is just the way things are now... People like to sit down for 30min to an hour and play a game. Giving them the opportunity to just purchase their gear rather working for. Myself I enjoy working for the gear because of the sense of accomplishment it give me. Just remember the people that buy their gear and didn't work for it will never have that felling of greatness.

At the end of the day it's just a game and if you are not enjoying it don't play it. Go watch a movie It will only cost you $10-$15 for a whole hour and twenty minutes of entertainment :) -Java
  • Options
    kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    I agree with you 100%, the business of game development is not about entertainment anymore or giving the players what they want. It's about the money. Once venture capital companies got involved in gaming the industry began to take a turn for the worse. It's now about profit and not success of a well built game, it's now about how much money can be raked in quickly.

Someone said it before, it's a schill..I think was the terminology.

It's sad, there are so many of us that would pay for a good game, one with depth and longevity, but I'm afraid those days are gone. Maybe it's time to grow up, get serious about life, and stop gaming....Yuck.

Anyways, I feel your pain, I do. If I was ten years younger I'd change my career path and go into gaming and try to help fix it, but I'm building a good career in product/service management in a Software as a Service industry and I'm too old to change...like you care.

umm sorry but its always been about money, can't think of any company out there making products just make people happy in mind, they do make certain people happy, they want make cash at the same time.

before MMO's when company made a game it had genre's if u liked the genre cool u would buy it, me i don't like call of duty not going knock people enjoying those. People think all MMORPGS can please the masses because its form of media can update, sorry no such thing its not going please everyone, if u truly hate how the game is going should just find new game to play.

this model of mmorpgs isn't going away, free to play makes more money in long run, people these days don't want spend monthly fee, but same time a good amount spend way more through cash shops, lots of korean mmo's have made millions hell even billions because of cash shops.
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    umm sorry but its always been about money, can't think of any company out there making products just make people happy in mind, they do make certain people happy, they want make cash at the same time.

before MMO's when company made a game it had genre's if u liked the genre cool u would buy it, me i don't like call of duty not going knock people enjoying those. People think all MMORPGS can please the masses because its form of media can update, sorry no such thing its not going please everyone, if u truly hate how the game is going should just find new game to play.

this model of mmorpgs isn't going away, free to play makes more money in long run, people these days don't want spend monthly fee, but same time a good amount spend way more through cash shops, lots of korean mmo's have made millions hell even billions because of cash shops.

Actually early on, game developers didn't make much money, they actually lost money making the games. That had to change, but unfortunately it changed to far in the other direction. Now game design companies employ some of the weathiest programmers in Silicon Valley. 15 years ago, those game developers were driving beat up volkswagon bugs and lived in their mom's basement cause they were massive computer geeks. Those were quality days, the developers wanted to impress their audience with only the best in action, animation, mechanics, quests, what have you. Those days are gone.

I keep thinking of a game I played for hundreds of hours called Return to Castle Winterstein...lol Wolfenstein or something, there was like 4 maps, 4 classes, and yet we played it over and over and over for hundreds of hours, cause it was well designed, combat was engaging and fun, classes were unique enough you didn't get bored. Think of Unreal Tournament...those were the days of quality gaming experiences. Now, it's quick win cash jobs that are super buggy and eye candy but the real thought behind the mechanics the detail of the play planning isn't there anymore.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The OP has a good piont its the truth as it stands right now. And the few FB have a point also they still at this point in time have fun playing the game.

The fact is more and more people are leaving then staying.

I think more people will return after this first module get released. BUt if its released just like every other new thing added to this game as of yet. They will leave and more will leave with them.
  • Options
    loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well... perhaps if the game was better, threads like this wont exist. It doesn't matter if this thread becomes locked, closed, or deleted; its the mere fact that "Perfect World" deliberately allowed the game to fail.

So I blame the company, not the idea of the game, but it clearly shows that Dungeon and Dragons Online, is far superior than this piece of junk.

in my personal experience DDO was inferior, i played that for no more than a week. Neverwinter has a fantastic engine.
  • Options
    bongstickbongstick Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2013
    All i know is that i was in a guild of 60 members. We all quit after seeing how big of a fail GG was. I just logged on because i have to wait 30 minutes for my next ranked queue in the league. No one online.

I still think that Neverwinter should never have left Alpha phase. The game is far from finished and polished. The fact that the CW class still has 50% of their feat/class sets not working is just an insult to the people that read that the game has gone live. The dungeons got old and boring really fast due the exploits.

Most disappointing thing is Cryptic. They keep telling and showing people how great the game is. It's hard to convince someone anything if he/she believe in their own lies.
  • Options
    wiserwithagewiserwithage Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited July 2013
    For all of the complaints, I have to ask:

What else did you expect? Cryptic is notorious with releasing games before they're completely ready. After about 6 months of being Live, their games get to a polished enough state that they start to become attractive. As a result, it's foolish to get into their Beta events. It's even more foolish to treat their Beta events as a pseudo-Live version of the game. I was a bit baffled about Cryptic's refusal to wipe all of the non-Foundry content off at the end of Beta. Now as someone who just started up 7 days ago, I'm walking into a deeply entrenched end game populace and people already leaving the game in droves because of standard MMO burn out and frustration with Cryptic acting like Cryptic.

I'm more interested to see how things shake out in the coming months. Once the Foundry becomes more stream lined and better established, there should be some interesting content options there. The same goes for Cryptic adding new dungeons, skirmishes, and PvE questing zones. By this point, the people who will be left in Neverwinter will be those of us who are still passionate about the game and believers in its future. The time for evaluation is when they have reached that mark. If I'm enjoying the game by the holidays, then Cryptic will have succeeded. Trying to measure its success before that point is counter-productive since that's not how Cryptic realistically operates.
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So your guild rushed to the finish via buying everything and now they arw all bored and left?

Shocking
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Slow day at work so I cam in here to watch people complain. LOL!

No but seriously, people play MMOs for different/always changing reasons.

I've always been a hardcore gamer, and have been playing MMOs and such since the days of Sierra online (yeah I'm that old).
    The first successful MMO I played was EQ(1) for MANY years. Anyone who played Evercrack knows how hardcore that game was... My only complaint was the loot system SUCKED!
    So why was EQ so successful for so long:
    1) Community - You made real friends AND enemies
    2) Dungeons and zones included everyone in that area on the server. You helped or killed people how you saw fit. You could become a pariah or a saviour, and that can be SO satisfactory!
    3) Your race had a hometown, and you defended it to the core!
    4) NPCs were fair game! There was nothing safe!
    5) "TRAAAAIIIIIIINNNN to zone!" - Multi-level dungeons with real danger, powerleveling (mentoring a squire, etc)
    6) Skills could be developed by ANY class if you practiced enough
    7) Factions within your race/class (Kill enough of a type and your gods and brethren even in your hometown would attack you on site - Real risk / reward)
    8) Raids - 20 person raid into Plane of Hate or Fear... better get another 40!
    9) Where tanks were tanks and cleric were clerics!
    10) Lastly COMMUNITY!

I beta WOW and never thought it would be as successful as it was.... going from EQ to WOW felt blah! WOW was so simple it was ridiculous to me. So I didn't play it when it went live, and haven't regretted it.

On the flip side EQ became another job... and I HAD to quit. Plus the loot system sucked (can't stress that enough)

For years I stopped playing... until someone got me into DDO... which for 2 years held my interest enough, but it seriously lacked in a community, and it's mechanics are blegh (microtransactions done well in this game though). I started playing this a few months ago, and what is keeping me here is I like the combat system. It's onyl a few months old... it has time to progress and be great.

Things that could make it great
    Lower microtransactions
    Ranked PVP
    more modes of play:
    Rift style events (not the every 5mins nonsense, but random 20people skirmishes) "Call to Arms!)
    Skirmishes that allow you to choose from your favorites at end-game that properly level
    Foundry quest taken in house and enhanced for loots etc.

The engine is capable. The battle mechanics are fun. There is a lot that can be done with this.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    All I can say is that it doesn't follow Blizzard's game World of Warcraft rules of "This is how an MMO should be".

Ah there we get to the problem you are one of those ill informed that thinks Blizzard and WoW were either the first or the be all end all MMO and that all MMO's should follow the same crappy lore less path of comic book add what ever we want BS.

WoW was neither the first or the Best or the most defining MMO.
    If you want cookie cutter standard MMO #55 why not just stay with that wow <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think from a business stand point the free to play model is a great revenue move! I am guessing but I would say that on average they are making WAY more money from the micro transactions then they would from subscriptions especially from early beta and release where some people were sending $100+ for founder packages, bags, character slots, character respecs, etc.

As for "meant to fail" I don't think there is a company alive that makes a product with the intent of it failing so your post is very confusing on that aspect...

Cryptic is making a huge attempt to make Neverwinter as successful as they know how to do it with the resources at their disposal.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This game was meant to get a foothold in the wildly popular wow gen mmo world.

As far as the most awesome setting in fantasy lore (FR) it is no doubt wasted on this shoot um up.
  • Options
    alantiaalantia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Everyone has an opinion, or a past mmo. Games are meant to have fun in, they are suppose to be entertaining. If a person is not having fun then move on. Because coming here to complain is like spitting in the wind. Complain with your wallet and let those of us enjoying this game discuss the aspects we like or that we would like to see improved through useful suggestions or imaginative ideas. The WoW general discussion forums are that way, for complaining like a little girl
    >

The interesting aspect as someone else has pointed out is the combat system. I am looking forward to the CW skills to be completed also. Much better options than some pay to play MMO's I can think of. So many possibilities to choose from. You know I love the fact that you can dye your armor. Some pay to play mmo's won't even put that in, and some of them say that its too hard to provide dyes for armor. I can think of some pay to play mmo's that don't have a feature like the Foundry, where you can actually design your own dungeon quest and share it with complete strangers. Some of those are totally awesome and the people who wrote them are too. And....you get AD for doing them! plus the loot. Just a little food for thought.
    It is what it is:cool: