test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529g.36

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
This build is set to go live on 7/11/13 at 7AM PDT.

User Interface
  • A couple Zen Market preview images have been updated to better reflect the respective items.
  • Turkish language and locale "i"s and all of its flavors should behave correctly now.
Systems and Items
  • Alchemy has had some tooltip updates to better reflect where Alchemical Knowledge comes from.
  • Solvent is now added to the first couple Alchemy tasks to reduce the need to visit the profession store immediately.
  • The Dancing Jagged Blade, Dancing Shield, and Honey Badger companions should now be more responsive in combat.
Content and Environments
  • Fixed a potential stability issue that can sometimes occur at the end of a Gauntlgrym PvP match.
  • Castle Never respawn campfires have improved logic on which campfire is correct according to the party progress.
  • Fardelver's Crypt unintended rock climbing has been corrected.
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    tobiasmorgantobiasmorgan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does this patch fix the Alchemy leveling issue?
    While Neverember Fiddles - NW-DKV72BYTD - Give it a try!
  • Options
    doogbattlesmokedoogbattlesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There has never been a issue, you have to expearment to level up. Please try it you see.
  • Options
    tobiasmorgantobiasmorgan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There has never been a issue, you have to expearment to level up. Please try it you see.
    I'm Level 15 in Alchemy, I've got a clue as to how it works. There is, however, a bug concerning leveling up through the Gateway (search "gateway alchemy bug" and be amazed). The community has been asking for weeks to get some kind of indication that they're more than just "aware" of the bug and are identifying and fixing it.
    While Neverember Fiddles - NW-DKV72BYTD - Give it a try!
  • Options
    dougenheimdougenheim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you level alchemy through the gateway, there is a chance that you could gain enough xp to fill the alchemy bar but it doesn't actually level up the alchemy skill to the next level. When you're in that situation, you can't do anything to advance the alchemy skill. Many people have been stuck for weeks, including myself. No amount of experimentation will get anything but the unstable potions, goo, etc.
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    No. No theres definately a bug. It comes from the gateway. You get caught in limbo between levels with a full exp bar but no recipes for the next level. Theres a fairly lengthy discussion on the bug subforum...ive been stuck for almost a month now.
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    Does this patch fix the Alchemy leveling issue?
    lets see how long it takes to get an answer...if at all!!
  • Options
    rosko44rosko44 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Gate Alchemy Bug has been around since Neverwinter went live on June 21st since that is when I first got bugged and have been stuck at max exp for lvl 4. They've had plenty of chances to fix it and haven't yet.
  • Options
    helldemon44helldemon44 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    •Castle Never respawn campfires have improved logic on which campfire is correct according to the party progress.

Might wanna buy ur ancient slavemasters ring of control and or other CN rings, seems like they are gonna be a bit harder to farm now, and especially if they make it so u cant bug the boss
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Oh noes, you can't exploit CN. Whatever will we do? Maybe I can finally get a party who wants to actually do the dungeon? What a concept:D.
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    And so, an end is put to those annoying "LFG Fardelver FASTRUN" spam waves in the Atrium.

Not that the boss is a challenge.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It's a T1 Dungeon. It's harder than Vansi;). The T2 boss is another story.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What happened to the NW.3.20130701a.0 patch?
  • Options
    bekey2ndbekey2nd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    -sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip-
  • Options
    regolith13regolith13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes Alchemy is Broken and has been since 6/21/13

SEE:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?365422-Gateway-Alchemy-Bug&highlight=alchemy+bugs
    or
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?368511-My-alchemy-is-still-broken!!&highlight=alchemy+broken

Here is description of the Bug from 6/22/13:

Progression Blocking Alchemy Bug

Victim Counter of this Bug +1
    At least some hope that it get fixed soon, if I'm not the only one with the problem...

Exp Bar is filled, just didn't level.

Repeating Experimentation is futile, as it seems you get the Knowledge Scrolls only with the recipies (which you already got).
    You are stuck in alchemy -due to my observation- till they fix it, if you experience it.
    Therefore the big warning:
    Do NOT collect your Exp granting Alchemy-Tasks in the Gateway,
    if you want to level further.

Please fix this ASAP and make sure your QA (if you have one at all) in future checks all recipies in game and in the gateway before bringing professions live. Wondering really how such elementar bugs make it to live at all...
  • Options
    shananiganzzshananiganzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't worry finished leveling my alchemy to 20 today. If your bugged don't worry. Your not missing much. As far as I can tell there are maybe 2 usefull potions you can make but currently its way to expensive/ to much work to be practical and the dyes are BS. All they do is return a classes armor to what they originally look like.
  • Options
    ularieldurothilularieldurothil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013

This nibz. Not so mighty on your high horse now huh?!
  • Options
    dd93dd93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    This build is set to go live on 7/11/13 at 7AM PDT.

User Interface
    • A couple Zen Market preview images have been updated to better reflect the respective items.
    • Turkish language and locale "i"s and all of its flavors should behave correctly now.
    Systems and Items
    • Alchemy has had some tooltip updates to better reflect where Alchemical Knowledge comes from.
    • Solvent is now added to the first couple Alchemy tasks to reduce the need to visit the profession store immediately.
    • The Dancing Jagged Blade, Dancing Shield, and Honey Badger companions should now be more responsive in combat.
    Content and Environments
    • Fixed a potential stability issue that can sometimes occur at the end of a Gauntlgrym PvP match.
    • Castle Never respawn campfires have improved logic on which campfire is correct according to the party progress.
    • Fardelver's Crypt unintended rock climbing has been corrected.

Can someone explain to me why this will take 90 minutes? Not angry or anything, just intrigued to know the mechanics , so on and so forth.
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ... and the dyes are BS. All they do is return a classes armor to what they originally look like.

The dyes can be used on other classes, so you can use wizard colours on your TR. Which would be fine if they weren't all very dull colours no one would want on any character. Could have been a really great profession if they just weren't so stingy.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dd93 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why this will take 90 minutes? Not angry or anything, just intrigued to know the mechanics , so on and so forth.

It takes 90mins. cos the union rep. says so :D

I have to ask:
    Where are the fixes for:
    • Alchemy leveling
    • the queue taking forever to create an instance for a full party (10+ mins to port to an instance on a timer)
    • the queue only porting some of the party
    • the queue not matchmaking well
    • several sets bonuses/mis-matched set items
    • vendors handing out incorrect items
    • the gateway on several browsers not working as intended (buttons not forming, unreadable font)
    • many CW spells & feats not working as described, or with some racials
    • so many clipping issues with heads/hair/helms/masks it's obvious that they never look at anything other than a bald, small nosed, male human
    • cape physics
    • Foundry being up/down more than a... (you get the drift)
    • spam
    • Profession tasks, not showing, only showing rares etc.
  • Options
    brostenbrosten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    90 minutes aint much.

Usually any large scale maintenance means:

- controlled environment shutdown
    - install patches
    - perform test procedures
    - bring all services back according to plan
    - if test results are good :go live else: extend maintenance

I dont know what size NWN is, but I'm guessing it's a sizable environment, with a ton of virtualized servers running, along with some nifty load balancers.
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    brosten wrote: »
    90 minutes aint much.

Usually any large scale maintenance means:

- controlled environment shutdown
    - install patches
    - perform test procedures
    - bring all services back according to plan
    - if test results are good :go live else: extend maintenance

I dont know what size NWN is, but I'm guessing it's a sizable environment, with a ton of virtualized servers running, along with some nifty load balancers.

wait, wait, wait.... you're telling me, they TEST things? are you sure you have the right company here?
  • Options
    mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, they're fixing the environment for Fardelver's, but not for GG PVP.

Note to self: PVP Cheating OK, PVE Cheating very very bad.
  • Options
    dizzy0samdizzy0sam Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, still no class fixes? There is like 15 things wrong with CW and i bet it is same for other classes...
  • Options
    dd93dd93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dizzy0sam wrote: »
    So, still no class fixes? There is like 15 things wrong with CW and i bet it is same for other classes...

Well, personally, the only problem i have found with GWF is the Unstoppable bug, and 1 of the T1 sets doesn't work properly, and my only other is a Rouge, and only problem i have seen so far is my T1 set doesn't increase some things correctly, and my Gearscore seems to go between 8k to 8.6k every few seconds , and i am not changing anything.
  • Options
    frontfootfrontfoot Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I think someone else needs to learn to read. It is IMPOSSIBLE for some people to level up alchemy if they tried to level up via gateway.
  • Options
    asthirsasthirs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2-3 issues fixed and some cosmetics ... It's all what you did from last patch?
    How many developers do you have? One student on half?

Just quick look on forum ... bug report has 275 pages! It's about 6500 issues reported! It's ****ing joke!

It's really fully released product? Looks like pre alfa for me! Or maybe I miss something and this is a private server ...

I'm here only for 3 weeks, but I saw many bugs ... bugs reported long ago! And what can I see now, you won't fix that!
    I still have unfinished quests on my 60lvl CW ... bugged quests!

Just give me new more bugged content without fix this old **** and I will leave!
  • Options
    darklodusdarklodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited July 2013
    dd93 wrote: »

Hi,
    I being a programmer by day, I know a little why they need the time. Basically the time even though it seems long for the amount of patch notes comes from all the procedures needed to do the patch. Even if they did the deployment to the servers through a batch system where all the fixes were batched up in an automated process, they may have to reboot servers which does take a lot longer in most cases than rebooting your PC. Not to mention if they had to do updates to the database behind the game and the web server updates for the Gateway etc. Most times the patch itself takes seconds or a few minutes to patch, it's the reboots and depending how things are configured the sequence of the reboots that take the most time. Hope that clears it up a little...

darklodus
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am guessing the Fardelvers issue was were people were skipping straight to the boss.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It takes 90mins. cos the union rep. says so :D

I have to ask:
    Where are the fixes for:
    • Alchemy leveling
    • the queue taking forever to create an instance for a full party (10+ mins to port to an instance on a timer)
    • the queue only porting some of the party
    • the queue not matchmaking well
    • several sets bonuses/mis-matched set items
    • vendors handing out incorrect items
    • the gateway on several browsers not working as intended (buttons not forming, unreadable font)
    • many CW spells & feats not working as described, or with some racials
    • so many clipping issues with heads/hair/helms/masks it's obvious that they never look at anything other than a bald, small nosed, male human
    • cape physics
    • Foundry being up/down more than a... (you get the drift)
    • spam
    • Profession tasks, not showing, only showing rares etc.

None of that is important.

They did the important bit - fixed a graphic in the Zen Store.

Priorities - Cryptic has them wrong.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yet I don't see fixes for the other 1,000 things that have been a major issue and broken. Are we waiting for a expansion to fix major in game issues. Is there any real plan to fix major in game issues that have been unresolved for months?
This discussion has been closed.