Comments

• Options
    cliunwolfczcliunwolfcz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so Jagged Blade working now?
  • Options
    handzenhandzen Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    when is the foundry going to be available again?
    its been down for days
    NW-DDMJD8HFR
    NW-DLXRPHAI4
    NW-DLWWS6WE5
    NW-DBYXMD7VM
  • Options
    rikkendarerikkendare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having issues with rubberbanding, game was working fine yesterday but today i can't play at all, anyone know what's up with that? I tried everything i found on the internet that could cause this but nothing fixed it, some help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    bushy808bushy808 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It takes 90mins. cos the union rep. says so :D

I have to ask:
    Where are the fixes for:
    • Alchemy leveling
    • the queue taking forever to create an instance for a full party (10+ mins to port to an instance on a timer)
    • the queue only porting some of the party
    • the queue not matchmaking well
    • several sets bonuses/mis-matched set items
    • vendors handing out incorrect items
    • the gateway on several browsers not working as intended (buttons not forming, unreadable font)
    • many CW spells & feats not working as described, or with some racials
    • so many clipping issues with heads/hair/helms/masks it's obvious that they never look at anything other than a bald, small nosed, male human
    • cape physics
    • Foundry being up/down more than a... (you get the drift)
    • spam
    • Profession tasks, not showing, only showing rares etc.

Zen store fixed. Work done. See you in a few days when we add something new to the Zen Store. - Love Cryptic
  • Options
    metalwrestlermetalwrestler Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ahhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    ustademirciiustademircii Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please help patch takes too long to play this game is very nice, but the following patch Find a solution
  • Options
    zodden100zodden100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so Jagged Blade working now?

For me yes.

It no longer stays still. I don't have to move the mobs to it any longer.
  • Options
    baelzedenbaelzeden Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm having rubberbanding issues too. I haven't had any since the Valindra Invasion event in open beta testing but it's back and bad.
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How can you complain so much at a free game? If you're so unhappy go play a paid subscription game or just STFU and bear it until they fix it years later.

Seriously this ongoing answer from people gets beyond old. Get a clue!!!! If the game were truly meant to be played ongoing without anyone spending money how long do you think it would last? There are plenty of us who have spent money. There are plenty of us who would continue to spend money if someone would listen and fix the things we really consider important. If you are never going to spend a dime fantastic, enjoy the game for free. At the same time don't be such a ******.

The post that listed a host of actual issues earlier in the thread is spot on. They fix very minor things in general compared to the bugs that have existed now for months. Many of the patches break more than they fix. If you want to debate that you are simply a fanboy and troll.

As for the bugs with CW I completely quit playing mine about a month ago. I have enjoyed leveling a GF to some degree. Overall however thank god I got an invite to beta test another game. While it has a few issues its closed beta is flawless compared to this. For anyone who wants to pile on and tell me to go play that don't waste your time , I plan to do exactly that.

I honestly love this game and the potential is immense. It is a shame that the service is the way it is. It is even more of a shame for people to defend them on the premise its "free".
  • Options
    kinglekingle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To the post above you made a mistake to what you consider Important, i must ask do you have any programming knowledge, have you written a line of code, are you Crpytic or your the game lead developer it is not what you consider important because you did not make the game you did not design the mechanics so you can not say what you think is important.

Software development has steps and Major Bugs in games are fixed in Expansion packs because these requires more work to be done and more testing, major systems takes time to debug than you think, i looked at the bug reports most of people reporting bugs don't even know how to report a bug, they just say it not doing x it doing y instead, ask how do you replicate this bug to fix something you have to know what cause it in the first place. And thats the hard part knowing what cause it with out re-writing the entire system, who knows maybe they are doing that, from all other Games Classes are fixed in Expansion Pack, those are not no major issue and also saying every game is flawless in Closed Beta because there is no real load on the severs, open beta is what shows the problem/

Things will be fixed by priority and this was just a small patch so it was only intended to fix lower tier problems not major problems those only get fix with Expansion Packs all you have to do is wait, can't wait go play a next game or better yet Learn C++, Learn how to create a game sever, Learn 3D Modeling,Animation,Rendering etc and build your own. Maybe then you will realize that they have lives too and maybe only work between 8-5 and that they are not forcing you to pay any money, it not a requirement it total voluntary and because of that they do give it some high Priorities.

You people just thing when you report something they just wave there hand and it is fixed, if only coding worked that way i bet they could simple say okay we fix the Alchemy leveling but it wipes all of your Alchemy levels and skills. When something gets Debug it has to be tested so that it don't cause other game Systems to Crash or the Database to crash and if it a algorithm issue then it is never easy o fix
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kingle wrote: »
    To the post above you made a mistake to what you consider Important, i must ask do you have any programming knowledge, have you written a line of code, are you Crpytic or your the game lead developer it is not what you consider important because you did not make the game you did not design the mechanics so you can not say what you think is important.

Software development has steps and Major Bugs in games are fixed in Expansion packs because these requires more work to be done and more testing, major systems takes time to debug than you think, i looked at the bug reports most of people reporting bugs don't even know how to report a bug, they just say it not doing x it doing y instead, ask how do you replicate this bug to fix something you have to know what cause it in the first place. And thats the hard part knowing what cause it with out re-writing the entire system, who knows maybe they are doing that, from all other Games Classes are fixed in Expansion Pack, those are not no major issue and also saying every game is flawless in Closed Beta because there is no real load on the severs, open beta is what shows the problem/

Things will be fixed by priority and this was just a small patch so it was only intended to fix lower tier problems not major problems those only get fix with Expansion Packs all you have to do is wait, can't wait go play a next game or better yet Learn C++, Learn how to create a game sever, Learn 3D Modeling,Animation,Rendering etc and build your own. Maybe then you will realize that they have lives too and maybe only work between 8-5 and that they are not forcing you to pay any money, it not a requirement it total voluntary and because of that they do give it some high Priorities.

You people just thing when you report something they just wave there hand and it is fixed, if only coding worked that way i bet they could simple say okay we fix the Alchemy leveling but it wipes all of your Alchemy levels and skills. When something gets Debug it has to be tested so that it don't cause other game Systems to Crash or the Database to crash and if it a algorithm issue then it is never easy o fix

Your post is so off base its hard to determine where to start. So YOU are telling me that I am wrong about what I think is important? You are telling me that class feat and spell bugs for my character that have been documented for months are unimportant?

1)Your post clearly demonstrates why those who code don't make business decisions and often don't understand service relevant to end users. I have worked with a LOT of coders where my role was to insure that they were given direction based on the needs of the business and our customers.

2) Many of the things complained about as far as bugs go have been bad for MONTHS not a few days. I completely understand the need to dig into and test bug solutions. If you think they are doing that you are deluded. If there was that much testing occurring patches wouldn't be generating hosts of new bugs when they fix the old ones. Just how well do you think the Alchemy was tested??

3) Lastly as a paying customer I don't really care anything about coding or the challenges of coding. As a PAYING customer I expect to be listened to and given fixes. I certainly don't begrudge those who don't spend but realistically if it weren't for myself and the rest of the people spending money you wouldn't even have the opportunity to play the "free" game.

You are a classic example of a techie who knows just enough to be dangerous while having no idea what service is about. I sure wish my customers who spend roughly $40MM annually with our company had service expectations as low as you.

Regarding the coders it is clear that some of them aren't very good. The bigger issue however lies with the management above them. They should be the ones firing some of the coders and also ensuring they are staffed to fix the issues. The other game I am beta testing is a month or more from launch and plays far smoother than this game. The sad thing is this game has far more potential.
  • Options
    gharetgharet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    grokc wrote: »
    lets see how long it takes to get an answer...if at all!!

So far their rate is "1 acknowledgement per 4 weeks"
This discussion has been closed.