What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Moonstar Agent Info Thread

dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Foundry
I just got the Moonstar Agent title..

What is a Moonstar Agent?

Moonstar agents, also referred to as Teukiir, is a special prestige class on Faerun. They are all members of the organization known as the Moonstars which was founded by Khelben Arunsun.

There is another level after Moonstar Agent, called Moonstar (Izatar). It requires all Foundry author achievements, including having your quests featured twice.

Blah, blah, blah. Who cares? What rewards do you get?

1) The "Moonstar Agent" title. Duh.

2) A Moonstar Agent Cloak. It's basically an author dude writing in his obnoxiously large analog journal with a giant hulking quill. I would think he should be typing away on a computer for more modern relevance, but ok.

Actually though, I think it's pretty cool looking, almost as good as the Artifex one (Props to Holydizzle for the photobomb):

zxxe.png

3. You get a second companion to go along with your imp - called the "Icosahedron Ioun Stone." *EDITED*: The only unique part of it compared to the other ioun stones in game is that it is purple (thanks @dardove)

It's a buff with HP: +11 to power, critical strike, and armor pen at level 1.

ibde.png

Now what?

That's about it. I'm starting to level up my GF/

Any questions about any of the above, let me know.
Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
Post edited by dzogen on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    **Reserved**
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DOH! Now i have to change my post to:

FIRST! LOL

Gratz on getting it completed :)
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    shefenhowshefenhow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    Grats!
    /10Char
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Way to go! Izatar and I were just speculating lastnight that you must be getting close. :D
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    It's completely unique from what I know of the game thus far. It's a companion that isn't really a companion - it's a buff.

It is not unique. There are several other augment pets. There is the two other ioun stones (Ioun Stone of Allure and Ioun Stone of Might) and the cat. Though it is currently the only purple augment pet.

Now, on top of giving you a buff that goes up as it levels, it also gives you the stats of any runestones and items you equip to it. HP bonuses don't transfer though.

Another benefit is they can't die.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, adding to the FAQ. And Congo Rats!
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Grats man. I knew you'd probably be first, you've obviously been working hard for it! :cool:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks everyone!!
    dardove wrote: »
    It is not unique. There are several other augment pets. There is the two other ioun stones (Ioun Stone of Allure and Ioun Stone of Might) and the cat. Though it is currently the only purple augment pet.

Now, on top of giving you a buff that goes up as it levels, it also gives you the stats of any runestones and items you equip to it. HP bonuses don't transfer though.

Another benefit is they can't die.

Ah interesting, I'll change that bit. Good to know. Makes it even less cool. :)
    izatar wrote: »
    Grats man. I knew you'd probably be first, you've obviously been working hard for it! :cool:
    zovya wrote: »
    Thanks, adding to the FAQ. And Congo Rats!

Thanks dudes (dudette) - you guys are awesome authors!!
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    :) Congratulations dzogen! Final title of Foundry authors, eh?
    I laughed at the photo-bombing Holydizzle. ^^
  • Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    and faq is stickied. i guess.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Grats dgozen!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ok so the big benefit of the stone is levelling up. It essentially makes your toon invincible & one shot everything if you slot it with epic 60 gear & enchant.

This is my level 4 GF with the stone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfhUzgihZ5U

This should be fun once more slots unlock in low level dungeons, lol.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hrm, does the stone give the same bonuses as the Ioun stone of Allure?

Also, is there a list of all the achievements somewhere? I'm interested in trying to get this, now that I know there's more than just title rewards
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zephryl1 wrote: »

Also, is there a list of all the achievements somewhere? I'm interested in trying to get this, now that I know there's more than just title rewards

I would point to the wiki, but Foundry Authoring achievements is the only category that is really lacking. I'm slowly working on making a foundry quest so I can help fill the gaps there, unless someone would be nice enough to provide the info.
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Congrats to you. That companion is awesome:)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zephryl1 wrote: »

I looked at it and think it does but not sure. You could just buy it. I don't know if the allure stone applies across all your toons or not, but this one does. Zovyas guide stickied shows all the titles and achievements.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I looked at it and think it does but not sure. You could just buy it. I don't know if the allure stone applies across all your toons or not, but this one does. Zovyas guide stickied shows all the titles and achievements.

The Allure stone doesn't, I already have one :P

Just wondering if the base two stats it improves is the same... Also, what rarity is the Foundry one?
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Very nice, congrats!

For people who care about lore, the Moonstars were created as an offshoot of the Harpers, after Khelben got frustrated after realizing that he didn't hold as much sway with the organization as he thought he did.
  • Options
    fitzy666fitzy666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    something something hehe
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Practically speaking, Moonstar Agent is the final title available for Foundry Authors. You will need to complete all the authoring quests except for one.
    I just hit Moonstar Agent, and this statement is not correct.
    There is another title above Moonstar Agent, called simply "Moonstar". It required 29 foundry authoring achievements and 18 foundry community achievements.
    I still see 2 available foundry authoring achievements--for me its Foundry Master IV which requires 10 quests with 250 stars, and Featured II, which is 2 quests that have been featured.
    I also see that I have 2 unfinished foundry community achievements, one is tip 250 quests, and the other is "its a habit" which requires reviewing a foundry quest everyday for a week 8 times.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I just hit Moonstar Agent, and this statement is not correct.
    There is another title above Moonstar Agent, called simply "Moonstar". It required 29 foundry authoring achievements and 18 foundry community achievements.
    I still see 2 available foundry authoring achievements--for me its Foundry Master IV which requires 10 quests with 250 stars, and Featured II, which is 2 quests that have been featured.
    I also see that I have 2 unfinished foundry community achievements, one is tip 250 quests, and the other is "its a habit" which requires reviewing a foundry quest everyday for a week 8 times.

Yep, you're right. I didn't even notice that before. I'll change that.

Although I have all the foundry author achievements, the only ones left are the featured ones. So essentially to get this title you'd need all the quests and to be featured twice. Given that they only feature lore quests, I don't see myself getting this one.

(oh and congrats :))
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, I'll add to the FAQ. I was wondering why there were only 9 ranks.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Can either of you, Izatar or Dzogen, tell me if it says anything about a new cloak or companion?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Can either of you, Izatar or Dzogen, tell me if it says anything about a new cloak or companion?

Sorry, it doesn't say.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice.

Can you tell me any one of it's stats without a runestone/item affecting it at rank 30 so I can update the wiki please?

Also please list your characters charisma, as that will add a percentage to the value (need to remove that to get the true base).

Preferably at rank 30. Pretty sure its 10 at rank 1 (generally will list at least 11 if you have some charisma).
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey, this is a bump and a half but:

Do you need to get your quest featured in order to get Moonstar Agent?

dzogen, which Foundry Community Achievements do you still have listed as available? because from the wikipedia (and from my own page), I can't see how it's possible to get the required number of achievements.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    hav0clol wrote: »
    Hey, this is a bump and a half but:

Do you need to get your quest featured in order to get Moonstar Agent?

dzogen, which Foundry Community Achievements do you still have listed as available? because from the wikipedia (and from my own page), I can't see how it's possible to get the required number of achievements.

You do not need a featured quest to get rank 9 'Moonstar Agent', but it makes it much easier. You do need 2 featured quests in order to get rank 10 'Moonstar'.

The reason you can't see the required number of achievements is that once you complete some of the ones you still have, you get a similar new one but with higher requirements. The most difficult to complete for me was reviewing so many 'for review' quests. You can only get credit for a few every day, so you have to keep doing it for quite a while!
  • Options
    hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You do not need a featured quest to get rank 9 'Moonstar Agent', but it makes it much easier. You do need 2 featured quests in order to get rank 10 'Moonstar'.

The reason you can't see the required number of achievements is that once you complete some of the ones you still have, you get a similar new one but with higher requirements. The most difficult to complete for me was reviewing so many 'for review' quests. You can only get credit for a few every day, so you have to keep doing it for quite a while!

TY, i just got my tipsy 3 achievement and realised there's a tipsy 4 (just edited it into the wikipedia). is that the highest? or is there a tipsy 5?
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    hav0clol wrote: »
    TY, i just got my tipsy 3 achievement and realised there's a tipsy 4 (just edited it into the wikipedia). is that the highest? or is there a tipsy 5?

Yeah the wiki lacks some information and that's a bit sad. I would add some information, but how i can do it?

Tipsy is the achievement for 'any amount of tip' right? Then it give maybe a fourth step for the other tips achievement too(tip maximum on someone) aren't it?