test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I beat the game

fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am in the Champion of the Mage Gear fromGyrm coins at the vendor, dressed head to toe. I've done pretty much every dungeon that exists. I have done new dungeon several times. I am all decked out in high end gear, there's nothing left for me at the vendor.

So I guess, I win?
Post edited by fusedmass on

Comments

• coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    if you beat me 1v1 in pvp then you win! =) (last boss)

dont worry, i am a CW
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thats nice...bye bye then
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I am in the Champion of the Mage Gear fromGyrm coins at the vendor, dressed head to toe. I've done pretty much every dungeon that exists. I have done new dungeon several times. I am all decked out in high end gear, there's nothing left for me at the vendor.

So I guess, I win?

Have you created foundry quests? Did you clear CN? Maxed professions? Leveled up a second character? Have perfect enchants in all of your gear? Stone or Cat companion?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have you completed every achievement?
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

So I guess, I win?

What was your prize for beating the game?
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    thats nice...bye bye then

Where are you going? Are you leaving because of the O.p writing about their experiences in beating Neverwinter? You have to at least stick around to see what their prize was for beating the game.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I am not playing this to beat it so I can not tell you if your done or not.
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Quick look around you, look up, look left, look down, now ask yourself again.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I guess, I win?

Naw you didnt beat the game yet. I know this because you are still posting here.

You see, when you REALLY beat the game. It triggers a special sub routine that instantly wipes all your characters, uninstalls the game, and then has your account revoked, including forum access.

Keep trying though, im sure you'll do it. Of course, you wont be able to tell anyone about it. So there is a down side. :p
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Your not finished yet. Just like i am not finsihed either . I forgot my password and havnt logged into the game for 3 weeks.

I havnt quit yet just hanging out till this mod 1 goes live see how that fails or passes.
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It took you this long you suck.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Taking into account the growing and persistent nature of MMOs, one cannot "beat" an MMO. There is no "end" unless it is perceived as an opinion.
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013

So I guess, I win?

this is NOT an RPG, this is an MMO... diffrence is

RPGs, you finish everything = win, you get a nice end credit movie.
    MMOs you finish everything = you are better geared and can do whatever still unlocked content there is.

in an MMO you never win, you just get a little better.
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Taking into account the growing and persistent nature of MMOs, one cannot "beat" an MMO. There is no "end" unless it is perceived as an opinion.

This whole thread was (Perceived as an Opinion), by Op which was kicking back on the ole (trolololol juice) a little to much.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • gdred21gdred21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Beating" this game takes a looong time. Getting top gear here is, well, almost literally impossible. If you have a good dedicated group and run CNs all day long, not hard at all. Still, you "beat" it? Do you have the ancient weaponset for both your weaps? Top tier 2 for your class? Ancient gearset in waist/neck/rings? Gemmed shirts/pants? Full rank 9 enchantments? At least 3 professions to rank 20? Stone/Cat with top-notch gear? Doubt it. And even if you DID all of that, you could just roll a new toon, since leveling takes next to no time in this game, and you'll be level 60 enjoying NW again with a new, fun class.
  • vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    its hard to win at a game that isn't even finished yet, note: paragon paths to be added, races, other classes, more expansions, bugs yet to be fixed. You my friend, have mastered your ONE character. Cool, but as stated, master all classes and the other variations mentioned, and by that time they will have more reasons for you to spend time and money. I haven't played in like man, 5 weeks I think? I'm waiting for major class shifts, additions and changes. I have no idea why I am evening typing, oh yeah late night drinking.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agree with the other posters, it's difficult to 'beat' an MMO, especially one that has User-generated content like the Foundry.

However, when I realise that I could be doing other, more productive things with my time, then I consider it beaten to the point that it makes sense to walk away.
  • urizendorurizendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited July 2013
    You can't beat an MMO, it expands forever until the company who created it says its over.
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Currently, I have no new alts. Right now as it stands I completed the latest dungeon they had, both on T1/T2. I played PVP numerous times at level 60, so much I know the layout of exactly every map. I have obtained expensive enchantments. There is nothing in Gyrm Coin Vendor, that I don't already have.

I suppose I will till the new dungeon arrives. I do have all the top gear however, done most if not all the dungeons and completed the PVP maps. I understand the game is forever expanding, yet as of right now the next dungeon won't be out for a few months. Even If I completed T2 dungeons. I have the best gear so it wouldn't benefit me.

I'm not bragging. I logged in nearly everyday and worked intensely hard to obtain the gear. Its true my professions are not maxed, but who needs maxed professions when you have all you need. Maybe end game is just a point of view, however I suppose I'll roll a new toon to start again.

As far as content in itself, I have done them all, numerous times. In fact with latest dungeon released. There's no need spend an hour and half doing one dungeon. When you can spend 15 get T1/T2 off the new dungeon they released.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well to be honest i can understand what the OP is trying to say. I play for 2 months and i already have every piece of gear i want... Ancient jewelry, Ancient Weapon and Off-hand, full T2 of each set, enchant lvl 7, epci shirt and pants, ioun stone, dyes, etc.... and no i didnt spent a single penny in this game so far.

By beating the game i think OP just trying to point that he doesnt have anything else to do and i agree with him in that part, atm im just farming Frozen heart, spellplague and CN to get some items to sell for AD but i rly dont need to :/

New content is about to be release but im trully affraid it wont be enough (if they confirm only 1 delve), but its a shame coz i rly love the game... cant stop playing it even after i get everything i want.... :/
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013

There are waiting periods though.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    There are waiting periods though.
    . . . . . That would be an opinion though of what one chooses to do in an MMO, which the options are vast and nearly limitless depending on one's desires, likes, and dislikes. I have never played an MMO in which I felt like there was nothing left to do while in the interim for a new expansion, module, season, or whatever they call them. I've always found things to do. That's just my own opinion though, so really... in the end, it is the player that decides in their own opinion on what they can and cannot do in an MMO, relatively speaking.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . That would be an opinion though of what one chooses to do in an MMO, which the options are vast and nearly limitless depending on one's desires, likes, and dislikes. I have never played an MMO in which I felt like there was nothing left to do while in the interim for a new expansion, module, season, or whatever they call them. I've always found things to do. That's just my own opinion though, so really... in the end, it is the player that decides in their own opinion on what they can and cannot do in an MMO, relatively speaking.

I would agree with you that desires play a huge role in what there is to do , and how it effects differing individual satisfaction levels. My gauge for this is normally how long it takes to level every class to maximum, and have them geared and challenging the hardest content in the game. If I can achieve this within the timeframe between expansions or new content inclusion, then I will enter a holding pattern.

I am not the norm. I am retired and have quite a bit of time to kill. The game developers can not, and should not cater to me. I cant help but wonder what it's like for those folks who play only 1 character as a main though. The whole point of making a game a fast leveling experience, is to get folks to end game quickly so they can begin the process of gearing up to defeat the final boss. If I refuse to spend any AD I have earned or bought to buy gear, my journey to castle never is done about a month after I hit 60 ( I can use the AD I acquired doing dailies and professions during the leveling process to buy 9300 gs easily, with AD to spare) Add a week or even 2 to that to get the strats down and execute CN and you are done. Anything after this is grinding. (This is what I consider the waiting period)

I have to admit that this game has taken me the least time to hit max level, of any mmo I have ever played (unless you consider warframe an mmo) and has been the easiest to get end game capable gear. It is my opinion that the content does not match up with the time it takes to max out.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013

So I guess, I win?

Yep you won man! Nicely done.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013

So I guess, I win?

no...you seem to be a dorky geek without a real life.....
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Have you created foundry quests? Did you clear CN? Maxed professions? Leveled up a second character? Have perfect enchants in all of your gear? Stone or Cat companion?

Anyone can clear CN rofl this dungeon is a joke .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    This whole thread was (Perceived as an Opinion), by Op which was kicking back on the ole (trolololol juice) a little to much.

yeah i got this vibe too. some 12 year old got hold of enough money for a HOTN pack some how.
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gdred21 wrote: »
    "Beating" this game takes a looong time. Getting top gear here is, well, almost literally impossible. If you have a good dedicated group and run CNs all day long, not hard at all. Still, you "beat" it? Do you have the ancient weaponset for both your weaps? Top tier 2 for your class? Ancient gearset in waist/neck/rings? Gemmed shirts/pants? Full rank 9 enchantments? At least 3 professions to rank 20? Stone/Cat with top-notch gear? Doubt it. And even if you DID all of that, you could just roll a new toon, since leveling takes next to no time in this game, and you'll be level 60 enjoying NW again with a new, fun class.

Buy T2 gear, enchants, and runes from AH. Kidding!
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited July 2013
    The real question is... what level enchants do you have in your gear? :D

Seriously though, you can do what I do, I am working on my 5th level 60 gwf... I think I finally found a gear - build that doesn't suck.
  • omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2013
    I have a BiS cw, other then greater vorpal (but cbf to get perfect lol). So what do I do? I leveled a rogue, im gonna gear him up and set him up just so he can walk around 1 shotting in pvp xd. hopefully new content is out by the time im down farming cn on my cw for rogue gear lol.