Install Arc

@ spawn camp QQ

2»

Comments

• chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    I'm so mad and without retort that I'm gonna link some south park

Oh ok. Good luck in your future pvp ventures. Try to stay out of your own spawn.
    INB4, INB4
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    Oh ok. Good luck in your future pvp ventures. Try to stay out of your own spawn.

Back atcha, Twerk. Keep using cheap, unintended exploits to make yourself feel better about yourself. Ta!
    edited July 2013
    Back atcha, Twerk. Keep using cheap, unintended exploits to make yourself feel better about yourself. Ta!

I've never spawned camped btw, I just enjoy forum baby tears. So everything you've said thus far is mute. What else ya wanna cry about?
    INB4, INB4
  • kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've never spawned camped btw, I just enjoy forum baby tears. So everything you've said thus far is mute. What else ya wanna cry about?

You're trying way too hard to act like some bad ***, and it makes you look like a fool.
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I've never spawned camped btw, I just enjoy forum baby tears. So everything you've said thus far is mute.

Think the word you're looking for is moot...
    edited July 2013
    Think the word you're looking for is moot...

Ok I lost the troll war. Idgaf either or on tge subject of spawn camping. It's a long 12 hour shift.
    INB4, INB4
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    That's great and all but what is the plan for when you are spawn camped in GG and can't control your character? I mean you might as well alt tab or afk till you get your gryms because there isnt' much to learn here other than GauntlGrym and the PVP spawn system has a pretty big design flaw which doesn't take very long to realize.

Yop, for GG it's a problem.

Give people 5-7 sec immunity after spawn = problem solved also for normal PVP ;P
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm thinking just redesigning spawn points so you can't attack them would be the simplest and easiest and....most obvious fix.
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    I'm thinking just redesigning spawn points so you can't attack them would be the simplest and easiest and....most obvious fix.

Not really if you think about it, just making the spawn camp non-reachable still won't solve the problem of whole opponent team standing in front of the spawn and waiting for their preys.

I would personally really do that with like 5 sec immunity after spawn, so basically this would prevent people camping near spawn areas.

The immunity must be short enough to not allow people to run immortal to point and capture of course :)
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I've never spawned camped btw, I just enjoy forum baby tears. So everything you've said thus far is mute.

Either you mean "moot", or you're not just loathsome, but an accomplished surrealist too.
  • deinokdeinok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Easier than that. Put guards in front of spawn locations that one shot everything of the opposing team that enters their Line of Sight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    pw3cka wrote: »
    Not really if you think about it, just making the spawn camp non-reachable still won't solve the problem of whole opponent team standing in front of the spawn and waiting for their preys.

I would personally really do that with like 5 sec immunity after spawn, so basically this would prevent people camping near spawn areas.

So everyone charges out in their nintendo immunity time and then as soon as it's up: back to being picked off one-by-one. I'd rather allow people to gather in the spawn and charge out together, so it's at least a 5v5 rather than a series of 5v1s.
  • ghettogeniusghettogenius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Baseball rules. Shut out. You lose.

Lolwut? I don't see pitchers hurling fastballs at players in the dugout before they step up to the plate.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    what is this ?!
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The issue is that this game will queue the equivilents of an NFL team with Pro Bowl players at every position against a Junior Varsity team comprised of people who were cut from the Varsity squad, into the same game, and attempts to call it even. Hilarity ensues. News at 11.
  • jimrdvjimrdv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sooner or later they will make a fix for GG. Nothing against camping the lower part of the spawn point, or the entrance. But staying up where the player spawns seens a bit ridiculous IMO. PWE and Cryptic are really lagging behind with all these bugs...

9259873875_b86c9c640f.jpg
  • keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really dumb thread, they already fixed spawncamping in the two 5v5 maps. GG will get the same treatment, just a matter of time.
  • thelastdarknessthelastdarkness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If your team gets rocked all the way back to your spawn you deserve to get stomped at gy. And newsflash... If said team overwhelmed you to the point your whole team is at spawn... Removing their ability to camp you would not give your fail team any more of a chance at winning. It would just end up delaying the inevitable for both parties.

.common sense 101.

Or would have them matchmake to closer gear scores so its actualy a challenge. Beating down scrubs is boring and no fun. I want to fight not play with children.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Or would have them matchmake to closer gear scores so its actualy a challenge. Beating down scrubs is boring and no fun. I want to fight not play with children.

Ya queues are definitely not long enough.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    keobiaa wrote: »
    Really dumb thread, they already fixed spawncamping in the two 5v5 maps. GG will get the same treatment, just a matter of time.

You can call the thread dumb if you want, but realize that the devs attempted to fix spawn camping in the two 5v5 maps twice, yet you can still spawn camp in the 5v5 maps.

So if we want to use the 5v5 maps as a reference point on how long it will take to fix GG, we can safely say that it won't be properly fixed until at least September, if it is EVER properly fixed.