test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

@ spawn camp QQ

chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
If your team gets rocked all the way back to your spawn you deserve to get stomped at gy. And newsflash... If said team overwhelmed you to the point your whole team is at spawn... Removing their ability to camp you would not give your fail team any more of a chance at winning. It would just end up delaying the inevitable for both parties.

.common sense 101.
INB4, INB4
Post edited by chabowbies on

Comments

• kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They should make it so that if a team pushes the other all the way to the spawn, it kicks both teams out, because it wasn't a real fight and was worth no reward.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Your team doesn't need to be rocked in Gaunt to be spawn camped, a few people from the opposing team can just go there and wait for people to trickle in.
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kierlakx wrote: »
    They should make it so that if a team pushes the other all the way to the spawn, it kicks both teams out, because it wasn't a real fight and was worth no reward.

Baseball rules. Shut out. You lose.
    INB4, INB4
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    Your team doesn't need to be rocked in Gaunt to be spawn camped, a few people from the opposing team can just go there and wait for people to trickle in.

Oh so all the QQ is about a few strays womping on a few lesser strays. K.
    INB4, INB4
  • korollakorolla Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    Oh so all the QQ is about a few strays womping on a few lesser strays. K.

you must be really bad at this game if you can't figure out how to control a larger group with a smaller one using the right attacks - maybe you should consider an easier game.
  • kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If your team gets rocked all the way back to your spawn you deserve to get stomped at gy. And newsflash... If said team overwhelmed you to the point your whole team is at spawn... Removing their ability to camp you would not give your fail team any more of a chance at winning. It would just end up delaying the inevitable for both parties.

.common sense 101.

Another scrub supporting bad sportsmanship. So cute.
    Bet if you'd play a team game like basketball and your team would dominate the other team in a friendly game you would not let your reserve players get some time but instead you would let your best players play the whole game without break just to "show" these "noobs" how bad they are.
    Pathetic.
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kroniker wrote: »
    Another scrub supporting bad sportsmanship. So cute.

When playing in a competitive environment there is no sportsmanship. It's PLAY TO WIN!
    Sportsmanship in competitive gaming is when you give it your all, giving them a hand shake at the end of the game. Please go learn how sportsmanship works in competitive gaming.
    kroniker wrote: »
    Bet if you'd play a team game like basketball and your team would dominate the other team in a friendly game you would not let your reserve players get some time but instead you would let your best players play the whole game without break just to "show" these "noobs" how bad they are.
    Pathetic.

As for your basketball thing, It depends on how it's played. If you're play some freshman high school game then yes. But if it's professional competitive basketball game, no one cares. Professional basketball players only have one job and that's to perform well. If they don't well they get kicked and don't get paid well. You have to show world who's number 1. You also have to put on a show. Professional athletes care about their stats as it goes on your career record.

In Neverwinter some people take it competitively, to them it's not some casual friendly PVP game as you make it out to be.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It's the old game/sport false analogy again. What fun.

Ultimately, you're playing this to have fun. You're not a professional NW pro-1337 suparfan earning $$$, you're a player, playing a game.

If you can only have fun by kerbstomping people who have no possible ability to fight back, then you need to reevaluate both your attitude to the game, and indeed to life in general.

Think of a game of chess: you (an experienced player) vs someone else who is inexperienced. You start playing. FOOLS MATE LOL.

You play again. ROFL FOOLS MATE AGIAN LOL L2P.

You play again. They're really not enjoying the way you keep two-move beating them. Perhaps you should explain what they're doing wrong, or possibly try a different approach so you actually get a game out of it? NOPS FOOLS MATE AGAIN FARMIN SCRUBS LOL

It's just...a pointlessly juvenile thing to do.
  • kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    When playing in a competitive environment there is no sportsmanship. It's PLAY TO WIN!
    Sportsmanship in competitive gaming is when you give it your all, giving them a hand shake at the end of the game. Please go learn how sportsmanship works in competitive gaming.

As for your basketball thing, It depends on how it's played. If you're play some freshman high school game then yes. But if it's professional competitive basketball game, no one cares. Professional basketball players only have one job and that's to perform well. If they don't well they get kicked and don't get paid well. You have to show world who's number 1. You also have to put on a show. Professional athletes care about their stats as it goes on your career record.

In Neverwinter some people take it competitively, to them it's not some casual friendly PVP game as you make it out to be.

This game is not competetive, not even in the slightest. Play some CS or chess for that matter and even there sportsmanship is highly valued especially by the pros, at least in chess, etc. Seems like computer games bring out all the scum in society.
  • xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    I like killing people in pvp. Does that make me a bad person?
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

.common sense 101.

Its not the whole team... usually its a trickle effect... Oh you don't think I haven't heard about the "camp rush" tactic?

Please tell me how killing people as they are spawning and given a real chance is? That's like a boxer in a boxing match walking over in between rounds taking cheap shots, even if he's winning. Another example, a football team at half time does a rush on the opposing teams locker room and beats the snot out of them so they can win more. I mean if you are ROFLSTOMPing the opposing team why do you feel the need to spawn camp?

You know what would be awesome? If you entered an opposing camp site to be cheap, you get booted from the match.
    edited July 2013
    korolla wrote: »
    you must be really bad at this game if you can't figure out how to control a larger group with a smaller one using the right attacks - maybe you should consider an easier game.

Do tell which tactics are used in accomplishing this when you cannot control your character.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hah. No one gets pushed back to the spawn unless you mean killed anywhere on the map.

"Anyone who ever dies for any reason in GG deserves to be spawn camped."

k
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »

This is how it works.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Hah. No one gets pushed back to the spawn unless you mean killed anywhere on the map.

"Anyone who ever dies for any reason in GG deserves to be spawn camped."

k

Exactly. You don't have to push the enemy team back in order to spawn camp Gauntlygrym. The team of spawn campers simply gets off the carousel at the enemy spawn camp.

You going to post a fourth of your team at the wall to your spawn camp to prevent this from happening?
  • appletazappletaz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The people are right who argue that good sportsmanship has no place in the current genre of MMOs. Most of the people who play these games were never taught that losing is part of the game. Bullying has become the common trait amongst MMO players. They were taught that winning is the only option. They are precious beings and deserve only to win. You know. Little snowflakes. Unique and precious. So if they get any advantage, they crush the opposition.

Losing is a really important part of the game, in my opinion. You learn how you get crushed. You learn that certain things don't work and must be altered. It is just as important as winning. And it builds character. And yet I have rarely found anyone in the MMOs I've played that take any kind of loss with grace. Their characters are flawed and perhaps never will understand the point in a personal growth perspective.

It is a sad commentary of our society.

I would also like to add that due to the PUG aspect of the game, working together as a team is not really going to happen much. Each player pretty much does their own thing and has no idea of how to protect and operate as a team.
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Completely agree with OP.

Also something i posted in other thread...

When you are playing 1vs5 the worst thing you can do is to stay in spawn or disconnect.
    I have not seen a single person that would get any better by doing so :)

The best way how to actually get better is to play against better opponents and outnumbered.

Instead of crying jump down and try to take their cleric down :)
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    appletaz wrote: »
    Losing is a really important part of the game, in my opinion. You learn how you get crushed. You learn that certain things don't work and must be altered. It is just as important as winning. And it builds character. And yet I have rarely found anyone in the MMOs I've played that take any kind of loss with grace. Their characters are flawed and perhaps never will understand the point in a personal growth perspective.

It's funny, as pretty much everyone undergoes the same journey too- starting off a bit puzzled, and just being insta-killed repeatedly. Every single game that I have ever PvPed in starts off like this. There is a learning curve, at it's very steep at the start. You need to work on your tactics, and then bang your head against things until muscle memory allows you to execute your intentions with very little fumbling.

Everyone undergoes this process, it's funny that so few have the cojones to admit it, and get drawn into a sort of cycle of abuse, with near-pathological unpleasantness.

Of course, there really is a "PvP demographic", of sorts, of adolescent (either chronologically or emotionally) males, which stereotypically doesn't bode well for acceptable behaviour. Your contention that "it is a sad commentary of our society" is a little bit of facile overreaching. I do suspect that at best/worst, it is a sad commentary on a certain self-selecting type of person.
    edited July 2013
    pw3cka wrote: »
    Completely agree with OP.

Also something i posted in other thread...

When you are playing 1vs5 the worst thing you can do is to stay in spawn or disconnect.
    I have not seen a single person that would get any better by doing so :)

The best way how to actually get better is to play against better opponents and outnumbered.

Instead of crying jump down and try to take their cleric down :)

That's great and all but what is the plan for when you are spawn camped in GG and can't control your character? I mean you might as well alt tab or afk till you get your gryms because there isnt' much to learn here other than GauntlGrym and the PVP spawn system has a pretty big design flaw which doesn't take very long to realize.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2013

.common sense 101.
    Above is the OP and this is a classic example of the sorts of things you should be aware of as parents. More and more generations are playing games now and parents may find themselves playing the same games as their kids. Even if you are not playing on the same field as your progeny, don’t let this be your kid. Don’t let this sort of self interested narcissism be the best you can do for your children. Please teach them some respect for others and some degree of sportsmanship.

At this age they are desperate for power of any sort but encourage them to find their power in helping others and developing their own skill not breaking others down and taking from them.

In so many ways this is what PVP offers, the very worst of humanity. It brings out the savage, self-only view previously more common to infants and wounded animals.

Needless to say parents, it has not made your job easier.

Have some respect and show some sportsmanship. It’s not like you don’t know the difference between right and wrong. Don’t be a thug sheep,do what’s right. Have this talk with your kids today parents.

There are enough awful people in the world.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

.common sense 101.

Unless its GG where its more of a strat to spawn camp there which makes you a bad player.
    edited July 2013
    Itt: mad ppl getting worked at spawn
    INB4, INB4
    edited July 2013
    Itt: mad ppl getting worked at spawn

ITT: Scrub's all TWERKED cause he finally managed to win a Gaunt PvP match
    edited July 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    ITT: Scrub's all TWERKED cause he finally managed to win a Gaunt PvP match

Twerked doesn't mean what you think it means homeboy. GG is boring. I don't even play it that often. But i havent lost 1 yet. Sorry you're mad bro.
    INB4, INB4
    edited July 2013
    Twerked doesn't mean what you think it means homeboy. GG is boring. I don't even play it that often. But i havent lost 1 yet. Sorry you're mad bro.

Grats on your first big GG win, Twerky!
    edited July 2013
    Grats on your first big GG win, Twerky!

7 and 0 so far in GG. Sry Ur mad bro.
    INB4, INB4
  • nodozennodozen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think any players or guilds camping should be banned.
    edited July 2013
    7 and 0 so far in GG. Sry Ur mad bro.

Don't get all horked, TWERK! I'm sure you'll get another chance to exploit a win before they wall off the spawn camp.
    edited July 2013
    Don't get all horked, TWERK! I'm sure you'll get another chance to exploit a win before they wall off the spawn camp.

Oh so winning is an exploit now. You're clearly legitimate then. My bad.

Edit: oh and by legitimate I mean you lose a lot. Again. Sorry you're hurt, guy.
    INB4, INB4
    edited July 2013