test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skeletal Dog Give-Away!

wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The mod says I can't give away skeletal dogs. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by wuhsin on

Comments

• gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What server?
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gabryel wrote: »
    What server?

Dragon, sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    are they the blue or white dogs?
    happy days!
    edited July 2013
    are they the blue or white dogs?

White, which is why I specified commons. I hear we're supposed to be able to upgrade the quality of our companions though in the future with AD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll be doing that tonight! Hopefully you can reserve one for me, I always give 5 star reviews to fellow Foundry forum members.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
    edited July 2013
    I'll be doing that tonight! Hopefully you can reserve one for me, I always give 5 star reviews to fellow Foundry forum members.

Sure, I got plenty of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Isn't this bribery?
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Way to go Wuhsin.

And grr cipher9 (wait, I'm Cipher 9 :mad:) let the GD crowd have this one, you authors do enough back rubbing between your *****fests :p
    edited July 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    Way to go Wuhsin.

And grr cipher9 (wait, I'm Cipher 9 :mad:) let the GD crowd have this one, you authors do enough back rubbing between your *****fests :p

BTW: I'm normally cipher or cipher_nemo, but PWE in all of their annoying arrogance will not let me change display names for my existing account (was set to a character name in another game). Worse, they don't allow special characters like dashes or underscores, so I had to add a number between the two names. And plain cipher was of course already taken. And they wouldn't let me delete my old account to create a new one, so blame PWE.

Here's my stance on rating bribery: I personally give 5 stars to everyone's quest I've reviewed on the forums and in my guild if I thought their quest was worth a 3 or higher star. But I always give honest written feedback. So this isn't much of a stress to ask this from me in the first place. ;)

Also, what's the "GD crowd"??
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited July 2013
    thesakari wrote: »
    Isn't this bribery?

Yes, sir, it is. But I play a Trickster Rogue, and I got arrested twice yesterday while reviewing other peoples' Foundry missions. So I guess it's sort of in character for me. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice idea...maybe I'll do something similar only with a blue dog. I have 1 extra, so it would have to be a random draw...
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, you're actually buying 5-star ratings?
    Seriously, Wuhsin, you're above that.

If you're going to offer token prizes to people who play your quest, there should be no strings attached except for decent feedback. But requiring a 5-star review is pretty, ummm... low.

I've always held you in high respect as an early fellow Foundry Author. Please don't give me cause to reconsider that.
  • leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So buying gold from someone = bad
    And buying ratings from someone = good
    Got it...
    You got 20 dogs worth right? I wager you will get more than 20 people who will 1 star your project out of shear contempt for being a "Rating-Farmer".
    edited July 2013
    If you're going to offer token prizes to people who play your quest, there should be no strings attached except for decent feedback. But requiring a 5-star review is pretty, ummm... low.

Well, think of the alternative. Asking people for favorable reviews then someone giving 2 stars with good comments. Is that favorable? Seems like that gray area could be abused.

As for low, is this any lower than people promoting their own quests on their social media outlets to their existing fans? Is this any lower than a dev promoting their quest to a group of people willing to kiss up? Is it our fault as Foundry authors that the rating system is broken where quests appealing to the lowest common denominator (eg: exploiting grind quests) get higher ratings and more reviews?

It's an ethical dilemma where no one can really say their ground is higher.
    leeford wrote: »
    You got 20 dogs worth right? I wager you will get more than 20 people who will 1 star your project out of shear contempt for being a "Rating-Farmer".

And that would be trolling foundry authors with 1 star ratings. The same sort of behavior we've been complaining about on the forums.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ... is this any lower than people promoting their own quests on their social media outlets to their existing fans?

Do the people on the social media sites get a skeletal dog or any form of compensation?
    .......asking your project to be rated on anything other than its own merits? come on man....
  • sindrelasindrela Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll go play it and give a review, but it shall be a honest review, not one for a doggy :)

I'm making my first Foundry atm, having lots of fun doing so, personaly think Foundry is the one major good point of this game, that will keep Neverwinter going, aslong as makers keep creating stuff.
    edited July 2013
    So buying gold from someone = bad
    And buying ratings from someone = good
    Got it...

I've already gotten all the troll reviews first thing. They'll have to make alts to 1 star me again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    /10 characters.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, think of the alternative. Asking people for favorable reviews then someone giving 2 stars with good comments. Is that favorable? Seems like that gray area could be abused.

As for low, is this any lower than people promoting their own quests on their social media outlets to their existing fans? Is this any lower than a dev promoting their quest to a group of people willing to kiss up? Is it our fault as Foundry authors that the rating system is broken where quests appealing to the lowest common denominator (eg: exploiting grind quests) get higher ratings and more reviews?

It's an ethical dilemma where no one can really say their ground is higher.

And that would be trolling foundry authors with 1 star ratings. The same sort of behavior we've been complaining about on the forums.

Ummm, yes. It is.
    edited July 2013

I've always held you in high respect as an early fellow Foundry Author. Please don't give me cause to reconsider that.

Sorry, but this is what some of us have to do when we make a successful quest, then publish a sequel, and a bunch of jealous Foundry authors rush to down-vote it first thing. If they hadn't down-voted me out of spite, I would be steadily getting more and more plays without having to offer any incentive or even advertise my quest, because my quest WAS high enough up on the list where people were seeing it and playing it of their own accord before this BS happened. I'm just trying to regain lost footing here. Please don't hate me for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Sorry, but this is what some of us have to do when we make a successful quest, then publish a sequel, and a bunch of jealous Foundry authors rush to down-vote it first thing. If they hadn't down-voted me out of spite, I would be steadily getting more and more plays without having to offer any incentive or even advertise my quest, because my quest WAS high enough up on the list where people were seeing it and playing it of their own accord before this BS happened. I'm just trying to regain lost footing here. Please don't hate me for that.

Well, I am not a foundry author so I am ignorant to your plight. There shouldn't even be a rating system if you ask me, as it is about as subjective as blondes, brunettes, or redheads. I just think that even if it is like how you are saying, with "jealous Foundry authors rush to down-vote" your content, I would rather take their abuse than sell off my integrity. But that's just me.
    edited July 2013
    Well, I am not a foundry author so I am ignorant to your plight. There shouldn't even be a rating system if you ask me, as it is about as subjective as blondes, brunettes, or redheads. I just think that even if it is like how you are saying, with "jealous Foundry authors rush to down-vote" your content, I would rather take their abuse than sell off my integrity. But that's just me.

There's been a lot of debate about the rating system on the Foundry sub-forum during the past few days. Some want a Positive Only rating system, where you can Like or +1 a quest if you like it, and if you don't, you just don't Like/+1 it.. I'm thinking this would eliminate a lot of the trolling that has caused other authors to outright withdraw their quests lately. Realistically though, we can't expect the devs to change the rating system so drastically, as it would probably require them to wipe every quest's ratings.

Maybe what I'm doing is hardly ethical, but as cipher pointed out earlier, it's not much worse than the senseless trolling and exploitation currently rampant in the Foundry. I've been devoting a lot of time over the past week to trading reviews with other authors, and have been quite generous with my ratings. That's why I'm so disheartened that all that hard work has been flushed down a metaphorical toilet over three or four people wanting to make alts and butcher my adjusted rating. That's why I just want to regain those few points I lost. If you think I'm scum though, go ahead and down-vote me for it. Just don't expect me to keep producing content if everyone is going to trample my ratings for petty reasons like they think I'm a jerk or the sky looks funny. Or my personal favorite so far, two people constantly dying to kobold minions..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Sorry I tried this on my Cleric and simply got bored, run up a spiral, take 10 paces fight, take ten paces fight repeate, repeate repeate ext.. throw mobs off, they dont die, but if they knock you or pet off then you die. First foundry I have actualy canceled in my quest log out of bordom. (which is sad as I love Kobolds)
    edited July 2013
    sindrela2 wrote: »
    Sorry I tried this on my Cleric and simply got bored, run up a spiral, take 10 paces fight, take ten paces fight repeate, repeate repeate ext.. throw mobs off, they dont die, but if they knock you or pet off then you die. First foundry I have actualy canceled in my quest log out of bordom. (which is sad as I love Kobolds)

Well the map is called Zigby's First Strike.. It's an invasion. Did you expect a lot of dialogue? It even says in the quest description that a horde of murderous kobolds has been unleashed. You should have figured you would have to contend with a horde of murderous kobolds. Sorry you hated it though. The ending is where all the dialogue and story is at, but even it consists of several bosses one after another. Did you by any chance play Campaigns & Kobolds, or even read the quest description?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    wouldn't this be akin to skirting normal game mechanics?
    edited July 2013
    The Hordes down the bottom were fine, I just got bored going up the spiral, think it may have been more fun if there were more flat areas as you go up, maybe fortified blockades. As it just seemed to be a pointless grind as you walk up.

Though saying that it may be alot more fun on my GWF, as I tend to preffer mindless violence on that cha, so shall give it another run through tomorrow.
    edited July 2013
    sindrela2 wrote: »
    The Hordes down the bottom were fine, I just got bored going up the spiral, think it may have been more fun if there were more flat areas as you go up, maybe fortified blockades. As it just seemed to be a pointless grind as you walk up.

Though saying that it may be alot more fun on my GWF, as I tend to preffer mindless violence on that cha, so shall give it another run through tomorrow.

Yeah, the character you play has a big impact on the game experience. I only play a trickster rogue, so I prefer missions that involve spying, espionage, sneaking, assassination, theft, you know, rogue stuff. Thanks for being willing to give it a second glance, any feedback you have will help me to make the next one better. I do recommend searching for me under the Best tab though and giving Campaigns & Kobolds a go, because this map is a sequel to that one, and playing it will help you better understand the plot of this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Ok, I played and reviewed it. :) Here's my honest reviews with critical/constructive feedback...
    • Lots of flicker. Walls near the beginning, along the back, are overlapping badly at exact same coordinates so they get flicker. You can remove this be offsetting each overlapped object by 0.01 or 0.001. Same with bodies of fallen Protector's Enclave soldiers on ground.
    • Spiral is nice, but not very dynamic. Gets a little boring doing the same spiral over and over again. Especially if the mobs knock you off.
    • No spawn point. That's not good. How is anyone supposed to recover from injuries without spending money on items? Just throw one in half way up or before the final tough battles.
    • Rock at the top is a very ugly asset. It's not your fault it's ugly, that's Cryptic's fault for their art team. But it is your fault for including it at close range. It's something that's meant to be placed in the distance. There are some items with pixelated or ugly wireframes that you can use up close if you're careful about it, but this is not one of them.
    • Too many waves at the end with no rest period between them. You can fix this be having to talk more to NPCs in-between or have the mobs walk up the spiral to delay encounters.
    • There's a storyline but it's not introduced, so it doesn't have much meaning. Why am I climbing a spiral and fighting things in the first place? You don't have to write too much, but build your story. :)
    • NPCs that I meet without knowing who they're supposed to be or why they're there. Introduce fewer NPCs or build their characters over time along the way of the climb up the spiral.
    • Don't stack encounters. That's a big no-no. My main is a TR, so I have ways of surviving, and she's low-level so it's much easier than max level, and still I was having to go through all of my tricks to survive. I never died, but I had to kite mobs, etc. And this was not at the end on the final boss waves, it was before then with the dragons and then the swarm of mobs. However I did die when one knocked me off (my fault for not having my facing correct). Note I didn't try the difficulty selector. I wanted to see what it was like in its default mode.
    • Not sure why there are mobs in the village if there is no reason to be there. An Easter egg or side purpose would be nice to give a reason for people to explore a little there.

If I did an honest star rating it would probably be a 2 or 3. But supporting fellow authors on the forums and for your reward I gave it a 5. :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited July 2013
    wouldn't this be akin to skirting normal game mechanics?

Do your guild mates review your quests favorably? Would you call that "skirting normal game mechanics"? Reviews are reviews, people can choose to rate however they like for whatever reason. Granted, it would not be an honest rating, but the rating system in its current state doesn't punish dishonest ratings.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited July 2013
    I sent your skeletal dog already cipher, thanks for the feedback. If you want to better understand some of the characters, and the plot, you should find my quest Campaigns & Kobolds, and play it. This map is a sequel to that, so I understand how you would feel some characters weren't properly introduced if you hadn't played it first. By the way, congrats on beating it on Hard mode. Only the best players can do that. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]