What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skeletal Dog Give-Away!

2»

Comments

• cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I sent your skeletal dog already cipher, thanks for the feedback. If you want to better understand some of the characters, and the plot, you should find my quest Campaigns & Kobolds, and play it. This map is a sequel to that, so I understand how you would feel some characters weren't properly introduced if you hadn't played it first. By the way, congrats on beating it on Hard mode. Only the best players can do that. :cool:

I don't have any mail yet. Perhaps it's delayed?

And thanks, that makes more sense. For those playing this quest for the first time without playing your other quest you might want to mention that in-game with another NPC or so. I have to admit I didn't read your description, only the in-game dialog I read. So if you had it there my apologies.

As for hard mode, it helps to be a lowbie character. I hear maxed level characters have it much more challenging.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't have any mail yet. Perhaps it's delayed?

And thanks, that makes more sense. For those playing this quest for the first time without playing your other quest you might want to mention that in-game with another NPC or so. I have to admit I didn't read your description, only the in-game dialog I read. So if you had it there my apologies.

As for hard mode, it helps to be a lowbie character. I hear maxed level characters have it much more challenging.

Hopefully you'll get it soon, if not we'll work something out. I got plenty more. Yeah, it's in the description. The description includes a letter from Bigby, and is meant to be the true introduction to the quest. The characters Zigby, ???, Mordenkainen, Melf, and Bigby were introduced in Campaigns & Kobolds, that's why when Mordenkainen appears he greets you by name, and you speak with him as if you met before, because in the story you have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    BTW: I'm normally cipher or cipher_nemo, but PWE in all of their annoying arrogance will not let me change display names for my existing account (was set to a character name in another game). Worse, they don't allow special characters like dashes or underscores, so I had to add a number between the two names. And plain cipher was of course already taken. And they wouldn't let me delete my old account to create a new one, so blame PWE.

Here's my stance on rating bribery: I personally give 5 stars to everyone's quest I've reviewed on the forums and in my guild if I thought their quest was worth a 3 or higher star. But I always give honest written feedback. So this isn't much of a stress to ask this from me in the first place. ;)

Also, what's the "GD crowd"??

GD=General Discussion.

And I thought Cipher 9 was a Star Wars reference...never mind then :)

Well the map is called Zigby's First Strike.. It's an invasion. Did you expect a lot of dialogue? It even says in the quest description that a horde of murderous kobolds has been unleashed. You should have figured you would have to contend with a horde of murderous kobolds. Sorry you hated it though. The ending is where all the dialogue and story is at, but even it consists of several bosses one after another. Did you by any chance play Campaigns & Kobolds, or even read the quest description?

Wuhsin as I said in my feedback, I admire that you want to make a quest that is a tougher challenge than most. As far as Foundries go this is the equivalent to the Rimehound in the original campaign.

But it is imperative that quest overviews correctly describe what the player is about to experience and your overview fails completely with that. 'Hordes of Kobolds' are hardly a threat normally after all, but the size of the horde is not the issue here. While you are expecting players to be psychic, you completely forget that the only player who knew what to expect the first time they entered your dungeon was YOU! So with all due respect, instead of telling players what they should know, why not realise that a person who has always had the nearby safety net of a campfire is quite likely to expect one on your map unless you tell them otherwise.

Be honest and upfront and those who want to take up the challenge can at least go in armed with the pots and kits they will need to heal up. Don't warn players and many will leave before you get a 'play' count, never mind a rating.

Anyway, back on(?) topic before this thread gets smelted :p

So yeah C9, SW:TOR. Do you play it?
    edited July 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    Wuhsin as I said in my feedback, I admire that you want to make a quest that is a tougher challenge than most. As far as Foundries go this is the equivalent to the Rimehound in the original campaign.

But it is imperative that quest overviews correctly describe what the player is about to experience and your overview fails completely with that. 'Hordes of Kobolds' are hardly a threat normally after all, but the size of the horde is not the issue here. While you are expecting players to be psychic, you completely forget that the only player who knew what to expect the first time they entered your dungeon was YOU! So with all due respect, instead of telling players what they should know, why not realise that a person who has always had the nearby safety net of a campfire is quite likely to expect one on your map unless you tell them otherwise.

But.. I gave you a giant crater filled with lava.. Can't you heal with that? Is the lava not comfortable enough? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    So yeah C9, SW:TOR. Do you play it?

Oh I loved TOR, was there in open beta, early access, etc. Well, loved it until we found out there's no end game except for repeating the same couple of Operations over and over again in different difficulty settings. So then I enjoyed open PvP in Illum. Until they neutered that, as in removed all rewards for doing it instead of fixing exploits. So then I enjoyed leveling alts, until they transferred us to different servers without having any say in it, losing our character names, etc., forcing guilds to recreate themselves. Yeah, EA/Bioware drove TOR into the ground. And the insult to injury is their neutered F2P option.

Now we get to watch Cryptic/PWE drive Neverwinter into the ground. Oh joy. Well, at least end game is neverwinter isn't playing Huttball over and over again. Instead in Neverwinter we get to play GG over and over again with plenty of bots to go around. ;)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    But.. I gave you a giant crater filled with lava.. Can't you heal with that? Is the lava not comfortable enough? :(

tumblr_m08sd9NPJs1r9848mo1_500.gif

@C9. Huttball! "Ladies and Gentlebeings" <3 Have you seen the new home and away kits they have for the Frog Dogs and Rotworms? I'm trying to collect all four :p
    edited July 2013
    tumblr_m08sd9NPJs1r9848mo1_500.gif

LOL! 10 char
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I look forward to running this quest. I will review it, and if it's worth 5 stars I'll give them.....and you DON'T even have to send me a dog! I just like running foundry quests.

Two questions:

1) Is it balanced for higher levels?

or

2) does it have a difficulty slider?

Like I said, I love the foundry. Except (and I don't know if this is a Cryptic or a foundry creator issue) I find the balance to be way, way off once a player reaches mid level 40's or so.

I literally rerolled a character because there were some foundry quests that I really wanted to do, but were impossible to do at around level 45.

Now that this character is level 51, I am running into the same issues....foundry quests that I've enjoyed doing up until now are close to impossible, if not just straight up impossible, to finish.

Anyways, a huge thanks goes out to you creators. Some of you are extremely creative. And some of you are just demented. ;)
    edited July 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    I look forward to running this quest. I will review it, and if it's worth 5 stars I'll give them.....and you DON'T even have to send me a dog! I just like running foundry quests.

Two questions:

1) Is it balanced for higher levels?

or

2) does it have a difficulty slider?

Like I said, I love the foundry. Except (and I don't know if this is a Cryptic or a foundry creator issue) I find the balance to be way, way off once a player reaches mid level 40's or so.

I literally rerolled a character because there were some foundry quests that I really wanted to do, but were impossible to do at around level 45.

Now that this character is level 51, I am running into the same issues....foundry quests that I've enjoyed doing up until now are close to impossible, if not just straight up impossible, to finish.

Anyways, a huge thanks goes out to you creators. Some of you are extremely creative. And some of you are just demented. ;)

1. I only have one character and he's level 27, but higher level players ran it on harder difficulty than what it is now just fine.

2. Yes, but instead of just picking Easy, Standard, or Hard at the beginning, you can choose to make the harder encounters disappear at any time in the quest through dialogue options with an enigmatic elf.

I recommend you search for Campaigns & Kobolds under Best. It should bring up both Campaigns & Kobolds and Zigby's First Strike too. This is the sequel to Campaigns & Kobolds, so if you want to understand the story and characters better, you might want to play that map first if you haven't already. The characters in this quest assume you already met them in the previous one. It's in the quest description that it's a sequel but not everyone takes the time to read it. In this case you should.

Oh, and bring potions. Lots of potions.. There is no campfire, only a crater full of lava, and a bunch of dead NPC's. And murderous kobolds. Lots of murderous kobolds. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. I only have one character and he's level 27, but higher level players ran it on harder difficulty than what it is now just fine.

2. Yes, but instead of just picking Easy, Standard, or Hard at the beginning, you can choose to make the harder encounters disappear at any time in the quest through dialogue options with an enigmatic elf.

I recommend you search for Campaigns & Kobolds under Best. It should bring up both Campaigns & Kobolds and Zigby's First Strike too. This is the sequel to Campaigns & Kobolds, so if you want to understand the story and characters better, you might want to play that map first if you haven't already. The characters in this quest assume you already met them in the previous one. It's in the quest description that it's a sequel but not everyone takes the time to read it. In this case you should.

Oh, and bring potions. Lots of potions.. There is no campfire, only a crater full of lava, and a bunch of dead NPC's. And murderous kobolds. Lots of murderous kobolds. :p

Excellent. Thanks for your hard work!

(And C&K is already in the queue....I think I'm subscribed to you.....I'll definitely run that first. I love doing quest chains.)
    edited July 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    Excellent. Thanks for your hard work!

(And C&K is already in the queue....I think I'm subscribed to you.....I'll definitely run that first. I love doing quest chains.)

Well since I added these quests to a campaign they haven't shown up under the Subscribed tab for me.. And the campaign won't show up on any lists no matter how many times I republish the quests, add and remove them, etc. The Foundry search can be pretty buggy like that. Anyway, thank you for my playing my content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    I still have plenty of Skeletal Dogs left to give away! :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowboxshadowbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is sickening, bribing people to review your quest for 5 stars is pretty low, it's a slap to the face for the whole foundry community and you should be ashamed.
    Stats.png
    edited July 2013
    shadowbox wrote: »
    This is sickening, bribing people to review your quest for 5 stars is pretty low, it's a slap to the face for the whole foundry community and you should be ashamed.

I'll pretend to be ashamed if it will make you feel better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irtoof75irtoof75 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wuhsin, in the foundry if you have a unpublished quest in the campaign the campaign and any publised quests will not show on any lists.
    "Crayons taste like purple"

Campaign: Night of Embers - NWS-DQX5GVNKO
    1: A Flame In The Darkness - NW-DE47BTDI9
    edited July 2013
    irtoof75 wrote: »
    Wuhsin, in the foundry if you have a unpublished quest in the campaign the campaign and any publised quests will not show on any lists.

My quest shows up on the list. I looked at it just a second ago. All the quests in my Campaign are published. You can do a title search in Best for "Campaigns & Kobolds" and easily find both Campaigns & Kobolds, and Zigby's First Strike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin, I still didn't get a Skeletal Dog from you. :(
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin, I still didn't get a Skeletal Dog from you. :(

I'll mail another one then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    The mod says I can't give away skeletal dogs. If you support my quest though, I might still do it anyway discretely. Both my inventory and mail are cluttered with them, and I really need to get rid of them.

For Great Justice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    The mod says I can't give away skeletal dogs. If you support my quest though, I might still do it anyway discretely. Both my inventory and mail are cluttered with them, and I really need to get rid of them.

For Great Justice.

Forum mods can't tell you what to do in-game. But they can enforce the rules of conduct on the forums. Does your contest break those terms?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png