test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where's the T3?

13»

Comments

• millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I watched that power creep video. It presents a good argument but at the end of the day, Everquest and World of Warcraft are pretty much the MMO standard of success, and results are hard to argue with. Sure there are other games out there that enjoy a moderate amount of success, and are even profitable, but EQ and WoW are the giants of their time. Power creep seems to really only be gear relevant. I stand by the reincarnate or alternate advancement methods of improving your character because no matter what, everyone starts at 0 on those and cant skip to having 20 past lives, or 1000 AAs. You have to grind it out. Old content remains most relevant with the reincarnation method. That would be great to see.
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Indiana Jones does it for the loot and not because it's fun to get yourself killed by exploring dungeons.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic actually have a good history with horizontal progression in STO, since the introduction of Mk XII equipment they haven't added a new level of equipment, what they have done is added equipment with Mk XII power with new effects and abilities preventing the Power Creep you see in many other games.

It does actually work quite well.
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    This, games are supposed to be fun to play, the rewards are a bonus. I just ht 60 and haven't even done an Epic yet but I'm looking forward to it. Adding T3 would be welcome but it's too soon IMO for those of us who are still working on T1.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    verugan wrote: »
    This, games are supposed to be fun to play, the rewards are a bonus. I just ht 60 and haven't even done an Epic yet but I'm looking forward to it. Adding T3 would be welcome but it's too soon IMO for those of us who are still working on T1.

Loot is part of the fun for many many many people. Why would you worry about t3 if you were working on your t1? How does it impact you at all?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Loot is part of the fun for many many many people. Why would you worry about t3 if you were working on your t1? How does it impact you at all?

yes nothing,if he doesn`t enter arena, and if he likes to do both buy an arena set, and put your greens back on if you go t1 dungeons if you don`t like to overpower your dungeon.
    that`s a lot of ifs, but more simple as it looks ;p
    what you probably like to have then is an equipment manager ;p
    should be easy for them to just add it, because there`s also the towncloth thing.