test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10 PvP games. 83 "confirmed" bots.

oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just played 10 straight PvP games and, throughout each match, zone posted the message "Conducting a poll to try and determine how many bots are currently occupying PvP in Neverwinter, please say HI if you are not a bot".

I got 16 responses...

I know its not super thorough testing, but you get the point. If you are unable to spot a bot when you see one, please feel free to troll me. But to most, the writing is on the wall...

Those arguing against people complaining about bots either A: Love the feeling of dominating a team of 80% bots or B: Love the feeling of dominating a team of 80% bots and have spent hundreds of dollars on perfect enchants....kiss!
Post edited by oregonize on

Comments

• theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    "Confirmed" Haha, yeah I am sure.
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hate to throw a wrench into your testing but, I'm thinking people who don't read English might be mixed into your 'confirmed bots' category there.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I hate to throw a wrench into your testing but, I'm thinking people who don't read English might be mixed into your 'confirmed bots' category there.

No no no dont bring logic into this. These epic PVPers can spot a bot from a mile away. They can do a much better job then Cryptic ever could so just recognize their brilliance.
  • oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Yes, because a majority of people who play this game don't speak english....sorry, but no. The language barrier is such a better explanation for the people who are obviously bots in PvP...

If you have no idea what a bot does in PvP, please spare this thread....
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's a pretty good chance that most people simply won't reply because they don't care to or even see your message. Very flawed method of finding bots.

It's much easier to just observe their behavior. Bots are very obvious.
    edited July 2013
    No no no dont bring logic into this. These epic PVPers can spot a bot from a mile away. They can do a much better job then Cryptic ever could so just recognize their brilliance.

Cryptic!!! Wooo, you are so right! Those guys have totally proven their ability to police this game! I sooooo should have thought of that! Nevermind, bots AREN'T ruining this game....carry on.
  • marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited July 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    There's a pretty good chance that most people simply won't reply because they don't care to or even see your message. Very flawed method of finding bots.

It's much easier to just observe their behavior. Bots are very obvious.

^ i mentally shut off the chat window during PVP time to avoid the smack talk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I use a chat tab that eliminates zone chat so there is that as well......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    marlz wrote: »
    faleth77 wrote: »
    I use a chat tab that eliminates zone chat so there is that as well......

If you are playing PvP right now and have no clue that your team and the opposing team are full of bots, I don't know what to tell you.... If you are unaware then hi five to you cuz ignorance is bliss and you must think you are awesome as a result.... all those clever bro's defending point 2...love those guys! So strategic....#pleaseopenyoureyes
    edited July 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    If you are playing PvP right now and aren't constantly inundated by the crazy amount of bots, I don't know what to tell you. If you are unaware then hi five to you, you must think you are awesome!

So many bots, its Skynet and The Matrix all in one! Run to the hills, Run for your lives!

In all seriousness, I dont care about the bots because this is a game. If people want to automate their gameplay then Ok. I will have fun killing them over and over because its PVP and its all about killing people over and over anyways.
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, because a majority of people who play this game don't speak english....sorry, but no. The language barrier is such a better explanation for the people who are obviously bots in PvP...

Actually I was trying to prove a point that there are too many factors that exist for a player on the client end to even consider any sort of accurate count on this.
    edited July 2013
    Actually I was trying to prove a point that there are too many factors that exist for a player on the client end to even consider any sort of accurate count on this.

I got your point and thought I covered it when I said that my test wasn't thorough. But my "test" is mute and was obviously not the point.... Anyone who has half a brain can tell when they are playing with or against bots. (More often than not, its both!!! Gasp! Really! If you pay attention to more than just the red and blue, you'll see.)
    So many bots, its Skynet and The Matrix all in one! Run to the hills, Run for your lives!

In all seriousness, I dont care about the bots because this is a game. If people want to automate their gameplay then Ok. I will have fun killing them over and over because its PVP and its all about killing people over and over anyways.

Glad you are having fun, your kind will destroy this game....and you should go play Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or something :-P
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Their is always /Dance party in the middle to spice things up when pvp'ing. Lets get to it,
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Pretty sure a bunch of level 60 bots were banned, so OP is probably just seeing the new ones level up.
  • xuhnxuhn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i made a poll similar to yours this afternoon,but asking if there are bots in my pvp games.
    only 3 replied to the question.
    conclusion is 97% of pvp players are not bots.
    edited July 2013
    I got your point and thought I covered it when I said that my test wasn't thorough. But my "test" is mute and was obviously not the point.... Anyone who has half a brain can tell when they are playing with or against bots. (More often than not, its both!!! Gasp! Really! If you pay attention to more than just the red and blue, you'll see.)

Glad you are having fun, your kind will destroy this game....and you should go play Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or something :-P

Nah its fine I would rather play a MMORPG for the Roleplaying and PVe side of the game, you know the side of the game that most dominates the amount of content.
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh no? you mean to say that I am a bot, because I didn't reply to you because I don't have zone chat open all the time?

Erm.. *bleep* *ClicK* *Whirrrr*
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    The % of bots does not matter.
    1 is enough to ruin your arena.
    And there is always athleast 1.
  • guyfromlastnightguyfromlastnight Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I noticed a lot more bots while leveling to 60 than at 60. The bigger problem with the PvP system in my opinion is the lack of penalties for quitting. I would say a third of my matches at least 1, oftentimes 2 players from my team will quit at some point during the match. If my team doesn't take 2 right off the bat or we fall behind significantly at some point I figure there's a 50% chance we're going to be shorthanded. That's not even including the matches where the other team has ditchers too.

These griefers really ruin the spirit and fun of PvP. I hate fighting shorthanded the whole match, there's almost no point in putting effort into it. Nor is it fun to beat up on a shortened team. I wish there would be a penalty like a 10 minute cooldown before they could join another PvP or some kind of stat like "% of matches completed" just....something.
  • bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I doubt that there was 83 people using no mounts, basic powers and running towards the nearest contested pillars among those 90 op has pvp'ed with.
    Ranger.jpg
  • skarsysskarsys Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can tell you which is a player and which is a bot in PVP with 99.99% degree of accuracy. I used to program certain software and a pattern is easy to detect, plus seeing the same player doing the exact same thing over and over again, in every game, is a sure sign.

If only they would give me a ban-hammer, I can rid the game of most bots :D
    edited July 2013
    skarsys wrote: »
    I can tell you which is a player and which is a bot in PVP with 99.99% degree of accuracy. I used to program certain software and a pattern is easy to detect, plus seeing the same player doing the exact same thing over and over again, in every game, is a sure sign.

If only they would give me a ban-hammer, I can rid the game of most bots :D

Hey guys, this guy used to program. Watch out I think he is unique.
  • alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I noticed a lot more bots while leveling to 60 than at 60. The bigger problem with the PvP system in my opinion is the lack of penalties for quitting. I would say a third of my matches at least 1, oftentimes 2 players from my team will quit at some point during the match. If my team doesn't take 2 right off the bat or we fall behind significantly at some point I figure there's a 50% chance we're going to be shorthanded. That's not even including the matches where the other team has ditchers too.

These griefers really ruin the spirit and fun of PvP. I hate fighting shorthanded the whole match, there's almost no point in putting effort into it. Nor is it fun to beat up on a shortened team. I wish there would be a penalty like a 10 minute cooldown before they could join another PvP or some kind of stat like "% of matches completed" just....something.

This is not an issue. Let's be fair here. I leave rounds all the time and it has nothing to do with winning or losing. I leave when I see 2 or more members not get on horses and run to #2 and die before 1 or 3 can be capped. I also leave every round just before the match ends on my 39 because I do not wish to get xp from the fight and end up having to refarm my gear all over again. Mind you that is to say I leave when my teams score is 950. And why is it that 99% of the bots are in fact.. rogues.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    none of the bots at 60 are TR's on mindflayer

most are CW's with the long range and stacking tons of HP

scripts in place to parse out combatlog as it fills so that it retargets whoever just damaged the user

the good news is the bots are so bad that a quick daze always ruins their scripting
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I think I can count how many times I have typed in PvP on one hand.

Plus I hide Zone Chat so the only hope they have to get my attention, amongst all the combat log spam, is to type in "Party" or "Speak." Chances are, I won' see much of anything typed unless I notice somebody doing something unexpected. If I am fighting I am focused on the fight. :p
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

I personally ignore Zone chat unless I am looking to buy something in town. Please just save yourself more embarrassment and stop showing us what a fool you are.

Bots, yes. 83/100 = lie.
  • skarsysskarsys Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys, this guy used to program. Watch out I think he is unique.

No need for ur asinine attitude. On subject, Anyone who did even a bit of programming can detect a bot a mile away.
  • dagnaru5dagnaru5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited July 2013
    at the lower rung 30-50 you can easily spot a bot by just looking at their items, if they are wearing lvl 8 - 20 stuffs, more often than not they are bots.

another way to see is just to look at their static route of play lol. on my alt, most of my matches have at least 2 bots on each team XD. i know its not 83/100 but to say it is rampant, is an understatement
  • tope1159tope1159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    I play pvp with zone chat off. :D
    Just have guild and party chat up.
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    marlz wrote: »

I run chat with Zone turned off as default, simply not to hear spammers when I walk through the main map.

note to OP: I'm not saying there are not bots, it's very obvious there is... just saying asking through chat is useless, most my friends have Zone and local turned off. (Zone for spam, and local has a bad habit of being 90% Roleplayers that are not even playing the game, just roleplaying a chat.