test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which character class do you think is the strongest or wins the most in level 60 PvP

2»

Comments

• Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    A half-Orc TR maxed out in STR/DEX with ~2200 arm pen, 50% crit, perfect vorpal and running an executioner build with overrun critical is OP as heck.

Since half-orcs get 5% more damage on critical hits and lashing blade always crits from stealth, if he uses first strike (15% more damage on the first hit), that's 20% more damage from lashing blade alone.

Lashing blade from stealth then becomes a oneshot encounter to any class besides a GF or GWF. With lurker's assault and perfect vorpal, you can do 40k+ lashing blades and 70k+ spamming CoS.

TR is the only class that can do 100k+ total damage in 10 seconds. Granted it's with a daily but ridiculous none the less.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fighters outkilling every one, rogues follow dangerously close, and the cleric and controlwizard don't kill all that much.

Looking at it like that it all seems pretty balanced as it is.
  • Options
    kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Fighters outkilling every one, rogues follow dangerously close, and the cleric and controlwizard don't kill all that much.

Looking at it like that it all seems pretty balanced as it is.

How can you call that balance? Would be balanced if all classes could kill with about equal chances but that is not the case
  • Options
    kefratharkefrathar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, maybe they can create an event, even if it is a 'guild' event. Have everyone suited up in the same 'clown suit' and only have the weapon be different. It would make for an interesting match then. Or just have an event where everything was stripped from you, and you had the very 'basic' setup for the event. Then it would be totally based off of skill and not the gear.
    Rathar Issmuss - OP
    Kellendros - CW
    Licasia Fey-Branche - DC
  • Options
    dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kefrathar wrote: »
    Well, maybe they can create an event, even if it is a 'guild' event. Have everyone suited up in the same 'clown suit' and only have the weapon be different. It would make for an interesting match then. Or just have an event where everything was stripped from you, and you had the very 'basic' setup for the event. Then it would be totally based off of skill and not the gear.

Like it is only based on skill when rogue has such powerful stealth you can only target him in the split second you stand nose to nose with him, he takes a step back and no target. Not a single encounter I used could bring him out of stealth. And I had time to try everything, he was just toying with me.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    A half-Orc TR maxed out in STR/DEX with ~2200 arm pen, 50% crit, perfect vorpal and running an executioner build with overrun critical is OP as heck.

Since half-orcs get 5% more damage on critical hits and lashing blade always crits from stealth, if he uses first strike (15% more damage on the first hit), that's 20% more damage from lashing blade alone.

Lashing blade from stealth then becomes a oneshot encounter to any class besides a GF or GWF. With lurker's assault and perfect vorpal, you can do 40k+ lashing blades and 70k+ spamming CoS.

TR is the only class that can do 100k+ total damage in 10 seconds. Granted it's with a daily but ridiculous none the less.

Oh dear lord and heaven. SMH another person making wild accusations they have no clue about and just chugging the TR hater-aide.

So now CoS is doing 70K damage? and LB is doing 40K?

Half Orcs don't make the best TR's BTW, contrary what you think. You are also tossing Perfect Vorpals on TR builds too? Seriously? Really? Have you seen how much those cost? you act like they get one for free upon creating their character.

These are the wild and STUPID, assumptions that are made and drawn conclusions from them, which is not based on any facts.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kroniker wrote: »
    How can you call that balance? Would be balanced if all classes could kill with about equal chances but that is not the case

That's not balance, that's uniformity ;)
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Really? is that best you have? LMAO!!!!!!!!

Anyone who blows that much money to get gear to have the best is going to do well. I suggest you go look at the top of this poll and see what the trend is going for. LOL.

If that's what you do with your money go ahead. I would rather invest 500 dollars to make more money. After maybe 2 or 3 years at best and you get bored and leave the game guess what, yep that's right you will be out 500 dollars. If its nothing to you, then so be it.

Pssssst this is how much you are clueless, you cant one shot someone with impact shot.
    Lol, you must be ****. Yes you can with Lurker's up, I didn't say by itself. Check the TR forum where INT rogue hit a cleric for 23k on one impact shot from Lurker's
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    BTW, $500 is all relative. It might be a lot to you but to others its nothing. Some people spend more than that in one month dining out.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    GF are insanely OP for my DC in PvP. They punt me out of my circle and stun lock me till I'm dead. I think for a DC a GF is by far the worst match up in PvP.

TR does more damage but as long as I'm cowering in my circle they don't kill me as fast though they can 1 shot me outside of a circle. GWF are nasty... Do less DPS then a rogue but more then a GF and I can see how they can be a real nightmare to players who depend on keeping them at range. CW are more annoying then dangerous... If they punt me outside my circle another class can easily knock me into the dirt.

If I see another DC I just smile and wave.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Which character class do you think is the strongest or wins the most in level 60 PvP"

Depends which class your fighting with, there is no class that is good vs all the other classes.
    and the cleric and controlwizard don't kill all that much.

I disagree, that TR's are mostly killstealers and there for getting a lot of kills (doing the last 5% dmg shouldn't be rewarded with a kill) doesn't mean they are the best. I seen DC (like mine DC) or CW getting much more kills than the DPS classes. I seen CW's getting over 20 kills and I as DC made several times above the 20 kills. Getting 30+ is only possible if your going to killsteal or you fight vs a lot of bots (or big noobs). I can oneshot (a real oneshot) a lot of people with Hammer of Fate, that gives me a lot of kills this way :).
    GF are insanely OP for my DC in PvP. They punt me out of my circle and stun lock me till I'm dead. I think for a DC a GF is by far the worst match up in PvP.

I completly agree with that, that perm Prone/Knockback from a GF is just sad for us DC's, you can't escape, you can't attack, you can't do a ****, your just a meatbag to punch on for those GF's. AS and FF are both pretty useless against a very good GF.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    End Game nothing compares to a gwf. litterally no debate hands down they will roll you an there is nothing you can do vs them 1v1 if you doubt it PM in game an i can arrange a match vs a good GWF for you.

then its a close match between tr/gf

then dc

an cw's are free kills atm
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    End Game nothing compares to a cw. litterally no debate hands down they will roll you an there is nothing you can do vs them 1v1 if you doubt it PM in game an i can arrange a match vs a good CW for you.

then its a close match between tr/gf

then dc

an gwf's are free kills atm

Trolled the troll. :eek:
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Primates. The correct answer is primates.

give me some primate music ;p
    voted cw, because an avarage is asked ;p
    not in 1 on 1
    ranged always have the advantage of being ranged, and so not standing between all the melees hitting eachother.
    too bad this advantage is made bigger by reducing tr`s ranged.
    before that those 2 classes were prety balanced :D
    but ok, never ending story. balancing acts.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Very interesting results so far. I look at the result and say what the hell because so many are complaining about TRs and want them nerfed.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    dawnkeibalsdawnkeibals Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    L O L at rogues not being the front runner of this poll, when the other top two threads of this forum section are currently about rogues still going 40 and 0 - post rogue nerf - posted by rogues themselves.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    L O L at rogues not being the front runner of this poll, when the other top two threads of this forum section are currently about rogues still going 40 and 0 - post rogue nerf - posted by rogues themselves.

Make you think the the top two classes are smart enough not to draw attention to themselves......... I hardly see GF pvp videos posted in the forum and very rarely GWF. The 40-0 is very rare to occur and often occurs when fighting undergeared inexperienced players.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Closed for necromancy. Please check the last post date before you post in a thread. If more than 30 days have passed, please create a new thread.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.