test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which character class do you think is the strongest or wins the most in level 60 PvP

wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
That is if they are equally geared and played at the same level of competence.
Post edited by wholyhandgrenade on

Comments

• Options
    killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    GWF is awesome when your tab ability isn't broken (happens to me at least once a game) and when your abilities don't take the lowest priority (My attack animation finishes when my opponents just starts and his over rides mine.)
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    killz2many wrote: »
    GWF is awesome when your tab ability isn't broken (happens to me at least once a game) and when your abilities don't take the lowest priority (My attack animation finishes when my opponents just starts and his over rides mine.)

you break up their attacks and they don't have defense, I really fear GF's, CW's, and TR's more.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Premades. The correct answer is premades.
  • Options
    brustlebrustle Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    manholio wrote: »

This. + massive AD -> top enchants. What class you play/what "skills" you think you have, are negligible next to that.
  • Options
    pelkastpelkast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Indeed, it's entirely gear based nothing to do with certain classes or skills. All the skills PVP needs is currently how to dominate 3 bases to win.

This poll is also meaningfulness, none of us have fought without gear on us, so we don't know how the classes work like that. All the opinions are based on matches when that they felt that some guy with some class is OP, because s/he can't win it with her/his own class.

Certain classes may work better on domination style pvp (tanky ones), but in my opinion every class is needed to win, and this is what I like the most and should get all the focus from devs to maintain this on both pvp and pve.

E: Also this poll misses an answer "None, it's team play!".
  • Options
    ar2k88ar2k88 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GWF by far, sure, the GF takes ages to kill, and with the right build can stunlock you nearly to death, but atleast you still have a chance of escaping.

GWF however, hes fast, he can stun, deals more damage than any other class, is completely unvulnerable when popping unstoppable, which with the right gear/build he can pop with only seconds after the first one is out. And he already has tons of armor.
    Its **** frustrating when my main damage dealer, the lasher strike, hits him for a tiny 4k, only to have him pop unstoppable, heal up those 4k hit points while i use all my abilities to stay away from him, as soon as unstoppable goes away, i lounge in doing 3-6k damage before he takes me down from 100% to 0% while popping unstoppable again, making my helping CW completely useless, which he shortly after sprints over to and cleaves to death in seconds.

Unless you have 3-5 people bashing his brains in he simply wont go down, if hes lucky enough to have a cleric with him, its harder to down him than the last boss of CN
  • Options
    dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    Meh GF doesn't have that problem with GWF just use prone skill on em when they aren't unstop and unload if they get back up and unstop just waiting it out and repeat or if other team members are there soon as GF prones them or even a cleric with daily prones them just focus fire and they die.
  • Options
    ultimuslai2013ultimuslai2013 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Primates. The correct answer is primates.
  • Options
    kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    TR, GWF and GF are at the top, DC and CW are at the bottom. In other words melees dominate at the moment.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kroniker wrote: »
    TR, GWF and GF are at the top, DC and CW are at the bottom. In other words melees dominate at the moment.

melees are exactly what the last patch buffed while at least the DC was highly nerfed, I forget how CWs faired but I think they might have also been nerfed
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    CWs suffer from more than 20 bugs and/or broken feats/powers.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are counters against pretty much every encounter power out there, but I haven't found any way out of the GF's ragdoll rotation. Once you're in, you only get out dead.

Every other class has prominent weaknesses... I've got no clue what the GF's is.
  • Options
    lowe911lowe911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    There are counters against pretty much every encounter power out there, but I haven't found any way out of the GF's ragdoll rotation. Once you're in, you only get out dead.

Every other class has prominent weaknesses... I've got no clue what the GF's is.

TR's smoke I guess is a good counter, I'm a GF and I find it annoying when I get smoked :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    TR smoke counters all classes more since you cannot use any defensive abilities and not even shift abilities you have to rely on passive defences until the daze wears off and in this regard GF is stronger than any other class.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    when a GF goes after and tries to hold an end node all by themselves then its pretty much game over as it takes 2 characters to handle it (3 if well geared) and being against it is like losing a player (or 2)
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »

Daze, smoke bomb and freeze ray are the most common ways of dealing with a GF without using too much brain power. I know I always have freeze ray slotted on my CW. None of these will help if you're outplayed or out-geared.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Agree

now equally geared i think GF are the most problematic, huge damage output with tenes, and even withouyt tenes a GF well played can control a node enough time for other members to come in a 2vs 1 match and they usually get a lot os assist if you know how to play them, as for the ones that kill the most i could think of TR
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Daze, smoke bomb and freeze ray are the most common ways of dealing with a GF without using too much brain power. I know I always have freeze ray slotted on my CW. None of these will help if you're outplayed or out-geared.

ya,that's if you are a CW... as a cleric I can only go away as they will block and ignore just about everything I can do, even from the backside they seem typically immune to most of my effects
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ya,that's if you are a CW... as a cleric I can only go away as they will block and ignore just about everything I can do

Yeah, clerics are fooked vs a GF or GWF.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited July 2013
    The one that uses the most tene's and regen pots, of course.
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Depends on how coordinated the team. A well coordinated casting team will dominate against melee fighters.
  • Options
    iphxpaganiphxpagan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a GF I can tell you the best way to attack a GF is from behind. We have several lunging abilities but no evading abilities. If were using block go around, just sitting there pummeling our shield isn't going to get you any were. From what I've seen DC and CW are not underpowered in PvP, they're just more difficult to use properly. Both are long range fighters that need to remain at long range.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    iphxpagan wrote: »
    As a GF I can tell you the best way to attack a GF is from behind. We have several lunging abilities but no evading abilities. If were using block go around, just sitting there pummeling our shield isn't going to get you any were. From what I've seen DC and CW are not underpowered in PvP, they're just more difficult to use properly. Both are long range fighters that need to remain at long range.

even from behind its hard for DC's to get off anything against a GF as everything is still often blocked or outright ignored (sunburst often works from behind and at wills, but other stuff still no)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GFs are completely OP and out of control. 2-shotting + permastunning my 10k DC with 2k defences is just too much too my taste. GWFs are also very boring opponent, although not many of them run a stunlock build. But they can, and when they do it, there's no point playing anymore.
  • Options
    kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    ok. first. pvp isn't balanced, and there is another factor. Skill of one person compared to the skill of another. Say a cw that doesn't dodge and takes punches to the chin and dies horribly fast, I am going to completely ignore. Most posts on here I am going to ignore. I will say this though.
    For 3 classes wearing pvp gear + greens.
    TR's are offensively the best. They can oneshot people wearing nothing but that with dailies, have encounters that hit with crit around 14k, and defensively, they have an at-will that makes them immune to controls during encounter cooldowns, and stealth for undetection. A well played tr will not take much damage while he is killing 2 people at one time, with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear.
    Then is GF. I rarely meet a good gf, when they do they are a powerhouse offensively and defensively. The others, I just want to ask what the did with their character. Maybe they used the hybrid pvp/pve build I looked at and laughed at? mm. I don't know, but there are some good ones out there, that can kill a person, even a very defensively specced gwf in their 3 encounters alone, and have good defenses. Its mostly due though, to playing their char well.
    Then is GWF. Their damage is the lowest of all classes *my cleric wearing the same eq levels, can outdamage him, except during unstoppable). There are two common builds, one is a supposed dps build, and one is a defensive build. DPS only means (healer save me, im gonna try to fight) and if I fight 2 at once against me, I can garauntee I will win because they are made of paper, and still cant do damage. It doesn't matter if they have skill or not in this instance. Then there are the defensive ones, yes they are tanks, and with unstoppable have lasting ability. The posts on here saying they are unkillable, you are doing something wrong. TR's can still oneshot you with 2 encounters and 1 daily, when all things are maxxed (enchants, vorpals etc et al)
    then is cleric. Once forsight is fixed they will be much better defensively, but have a good offense as well as their healing. Most don't use things like bastion of health, and their other healing skills, out of pure stupidity. 1v1 as my cleric against a gwf, it was laughable. gwf couldn't hurt me, and I just whittled him down and killed him easily, and that was offensive dps build gwf
    then is cw. They really do have low damage except their dailies. At least they can get that to pop fairly often with 4 encounter slots. Unfortunately for them, most people cant play the class. they say oh I have 4 encounters, I am going to spam them, and then only have magic missile and no control while someone pounds my face in. Just because you HAVE an encounter able to be used, doesn't mean use it immediately. use it when you need to control.Otherwise, their damage is a bit low for their frailties
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I "like" it how well geared GFs can two or three shot me like a TR while I need minute to wihittle him down and I don't see how that wil change in any meaningful way if I'd catch up in GS.
    10k Lunging Strike? Yes please! /sarcasm
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    killz2many wrote: »

Even when broken, how are you supposed to be able to ever use it? When not in combat your bar is empty, no way to become Unstoppable before the fight starts. And when the fight starts, you get dazed, which disables Unstoppable. Or you're disabled, which disables Unstoppable. Or you're hanging in the air, which disables Unstoppable, Or you're proned, which disables Unstoppable.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Even when broken, how are you supposed to be able to ever use it? When not in combat your bar is empty, no way to become Unstoppable before the fight starts. And when the fight starts, you get dazed, which disables Unstoppable. Or you're disabled, which disables Unstoppable. Or you're hanging in the air, which disables Unstoppable, Or you're proned, which disables Unstoppable.

Only prone disable unstoppable
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    GWFs run a stunlock build.

Take Down. Then what?
    And Take Down, that's assuming the gwf was allowed to come close. That is, you did not stealth, you did not CC him, you did not teleport away, you did did not make him bounce back one hundred meters away with your charge.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    s3p3nt3ans3p3nt3an Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not level 40 yet so I didn't vote... but im lvl 28 right now and TR is absolutley the dom class in pvp. at this lvl. A trickster rogue at lvl 28 can stealth, daze you, give you a critical while still in stealth and half your hp is gone before you atk them...
This discussion has been closed.