Options

Cryptic: Is this a joke?

2»

Comments

• Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rathelas wrote: »
    why not the graphic and sound team fix the endless roaring of pets and mounts in pe? Change the sound so its not as annoying.

^ this! Please! Naow!

As soon as I go to the bank or auction house, I hit the mute button on my keyboard. I cannot tolerate that anymore. Oh and PORTAL SOUNDS! OMG! If you do foundry, and work with portals, you will go INSANE.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    That's even better.

It fact it proves my point perfectly showing that models are so easy to rescale that you can actually rescale them on the fly.

Anyone recall the giant bug in Champions Online that could rescale your character to be larger than the buildings in Millennium City?

That wasn't an art issue, that was a coding issue with a specific low level item ingame although it caused a similar issue to the one in huckaseven's sig although on a much larger scale.

It's probably the potion that makes you "huge" LOL I've made myself huge, tiny, a chicken, a wolf and poisoned myself countless numbers of times. One of the fun things about alchemy (except I know better to only use them in PE where I self heal LOL)
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »
    It's probably the potion that makes you "huge" LOL I've made myself huge, tiny, a chicken, a wolf and poisoned myself countless numbers of times. One of the fun things about alchemy (except I know better to only use them in PE where I self heal LOL)

nope, its the potion that makes you tiny :)
    once you mount, your size will be normal again and the horse will be tiny

and btw, i was a bear once too, though i couldnt mount then as i was indoors
  • Options
    mixxathonmixxathon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is something to be said about this being a F2P game.
    As Cryptic (yep, I refuse to use the completely idiotic and juvenile "Craptic" since I do not wish to come off as a simpleton that is not able to actually, you know, spell) have stated, they really liked being able to release this completely free as it gave them an opportunity to release stuff at their own leisure. I suppose that this also includes fixes.

They do not have an enormous amount of staff, all paid for by the monthly subscription fees. If one cannot grasp this basic notion about economics, one has bigger issues than this game being buggy, that I can tell you.

The fixes will come, the exploits will be eradicated and stuff will be added (with more bugs and exploits of their own). Just take it easy, be patient, and wait.

And if it does not? What then?! Well, then this business venture will fail and we can all go back to our pen & paper RPG, play LOTRO or GW2, or why not try something great, like The Secret World or SWTOR - while we wait for the next D&D MMO to come along.

Peace is a lie!
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »

OMG I have to try that LOL I didn't realize it did that :D I was only a chicken for 12 seconds, I haven't gotten anything good from the more advanced potions yet. :D
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »

Yeah, its pretty neat to run around PE as a half-orc on a tiny Howler. Looks hilarious.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When you are polymorphed by the unstable potions, your skills are disabled for the duration, which prevents you from scaring your horse.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mixxathon wrote: »
    (yep, I refuse to use the completely idiotic and juvenile "Craptic" since I do not wish to come off as a simpleton that is not able to actually, you know, spell)

Hey, way to take a jab at someone! Too bad I actually CAN spell and am quite erudite in my command of invective, my inane, puerile not-friend. I use Craptic instead of Cryptic because it is more symbolic of the four years of neglect and general malaise I have seen in three games this company has developed. Totally unhappy communities in all three, as well as the very same problems and bugs migrating down the game ladder. That duplication bug that hit the AH? Straight from Star Trek Online. Cryptic is their methods of communication with the player base, while Craptic is their game development skills. The company has some decent....actually GREAT imaginations. Just shotty implementation. But this is all my opinion, which has been formed since the 2009 launch of Champions Online and through today, in Neverwinter.

They do not have an enormous amount of staff, all paid for by the monthly subscription fees. If one cannot grasp this basic notion about economics, one has bigger issues than this game being buggy, that I can tell you.

Fairly recently, Craptic celebrated having adding a 50TH developer to their Star Trek Online game. That's fifty people. Dedicated to one game. Champions has (according to a recent announcement made by Jack Emmert)opened a whole STUIDO to devote to CO. Here's the link.
    http://www.develop-online.net/news/44417/Champions-Online-developer-opens-Seattle-studio

Haven't heard what the team size is for this game, but I can assure you, it is supposed to be more than adequate to deal with the issues that have popped up. Personally, I don't think they are, what with still missing bugs that were reported back in closed beta and all. It's almost like they either don't care, or are deliberately letting those bugs stay...it certainly seems that way to me. There is a community rep that has recently(and currently) stated(states) that Champions Online, the oldest game in Craptic's stable, pulls in adequate amounts for it to stay live and running, and that there is NO TALK of shutting it down. Star Trek Online just got a new expansion pack. And, let us not forget this game. Neverwinter. Just released. All this evidence suggests that Craptic is doing -just fine- financially. So, you go right ahead and think that "They do not have an enormous amount of staff" despite all these facts.
    The Secret World or SWTOR - while we wait for the next D&D MMO to come along.

Neither of which are actually fantastic or even mediocre games, in my(and others) opinion.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is something to be said about this being a F2P game.
    As Cryptic (yep, I refuse to use the completely idiotic and juvenile "Craptic" since I do not wish to come off as a simpleton that is not able to actually, you know, spell) have stated, they really liked being able to release this completely free as it gave them an opportunity to release stuff at their own leisure. I suppose that this also includes fixes.

The fixes will come, the exploits will be eradicated and stuff will be added (with more bugs and exploits of their own). Just take it easy, be patient, and wait.

And if it does not? What then?! Well, then this business venture will fail and we can all go back to our pen & paper RPG, play LOTRO or GW2, or why not try something great, like The Secret World or SWTOR - while we wait for the next D&D MMO to come along.

Peace is a lie!

First of all this game is no longer in the supposed "Beta" stage. The fact the game is F2P doesn't mean its not generating revenue. Unless your privy to their sales figures none of us know what kind of a staff the game can or cannot support.

There are many founder members and plenty of people who have spent money in the cash shop. At a minimum those of us who have spent can expect bugs to be fixed in a reasonable time frame. The only way they will have long term success is if they fix the bugs and then add new content. The reality is that many of the patches have fixed a few bugs while at the same time creating a host of new bugs. If you deny that you are simply trolling.

It is clear that various departments have different responsibilities. Many businesses at times have to reallocate those resources as the needs of a project change. It appears to me they need to do so.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zaarel2 wrote: »
    It is clear that various departments have different responsibilities. Many businesses at times have to reallocate those resources as the needs of a project change. It appears to me they need to do so.

The issue is that this isn't like a warehouse or shop floor where most jobs can be done with minimal training, almost everyone who works at Cryptic will have at the very least a college level degree in their field and most will focus purely on that field. Reallocating resources means firing and hiring people.
  • Options
    virtualcrackvirtualcrack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Those are two completely different departments. ;)

The graphic artists, audio guys and animators wouldn't be much use solving bugs which aren't graphical or audio based. Heck most of the bugs which are graphical and audio based aren't with their actual work but issues which are derived from coding errors in the game engine calling software.

Fact of the matter is the things being put into the game now are being done by separate departments and likely in their "off time" between assignments that are directly "Module 1" or maybe even "Module 2" by people completely unrelated to most of the bugs you would complain about. :D

excellent response!
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The issue is that this isn't like a warehouse or shop floor where most jobs can be done with minimal training, almost everyone who works at Cryptic will have at the very least a college level degree in their field and most will focus purely on that field. Reallocating resources means firing and hiring people.

I agree with you 100%. I also think it is clear they need to do exactly that unless revenue or their desire to invest would allow them to add head count.
  • Options
    orgnlsinorgnlsin Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Reallocating resources means firing and hiring people.

Sorry but no, it does not. At least not unless management is moronic. Staff with specialized skills can be reassigned from one specialized job to a similar specialized job.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Reallocating resources means firing and hiring people.

Craptic pretty much "reallocated" the entire development staff of Champions Online to this game and STO previous to the announcement of Craptic North...which, for the record, I STILL can't find despite living in Seattle where it is supposedly located.

• Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Craptic pretty much "reallocated" the entire development staff of Champions Online to this game and STO previous to the announcement of Craptic North...which, for the record, I STILL can't find despite living in Seattle where it is supposedly located.

Why what are you planning to do? They will never give you the address.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Why what are you planning to do? They will never give you the address.

It's not about "giving me(or anyone, for that matter) the address". It's my understanding businesses have to have a listing in WA business directories. Having been operating since the first of the year....seven months into the year....and there's still no listings......brand new directory out the first of July.......No "Cryptic North".

And I'm not "planning to do" anything. Except maybe try to verify something that Jack Emmert spouted off. The man's notorious for just popping out any little thing, true or not just to sound good for an interview.

• Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After reading this post , I have decided to pull all the secretaries who work at my business from their jobs and move them to the production line. I think the IT guys would be more useful loading the trucks, and the safety department can start a new marketing campaign. I'll move a couple people from engineering into any vacant positions, in order to keep efficiency up, after all, an engineer can do anything. I'll bring in the custodial staff to fill the vacant engineering positions and have management do the cleaning......where is my mop?

I can see it now....Manager of the Year....Incoming.