test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question to comunity - need help with fixing bug

attronachattronach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

Because I can't get single response from Cryptic in game or outside I try to ask community to help me what Im doing wrong.

My charactec can't use Invocation, because my icon with invocation power is empty. I paste this bug two times into bug section on forum, a sent a LOT of ingame help request without SINGLE response from crptic.

Can anyone help me/sugest me what I have to do?

This bug first appear at lvl 14, now im 60 a long of time. I cant get AD, wards, bufs and nobody from crptic cares.
<removed for civility>

Any sugestions please?
:(
Post edited by attronach on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have no idea what you mean by the icon being empty.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . You will not get responses to bug reports. You'll need to press H (by default) or the ?-Mark on your main menu and press GM Help and then choose the one for Powers, choose Invocation if it is there, if not leave blank. Then detail the issue. This is the only way you'll get an answer from a Game Master, is by a GM Ticket - support is a different department which is why you haven't gotten a response. Also, please be civil, there is no need for name calling and other rude remarks.

. . . . . Also, sending multiple GM tickets on the same issue can cause your ticket to take longer. I am not sure why, this is just what I am told. Normally, a GM Ticket will be answered within 48 hours on business days, however they are extremely bogged down on GM Tickets (mostly due to people making multiple tickets on the same thing) at this time, so responses can take 7 business days or more depending on the category of issue and severity. If you can access your GM Tickets through the Support Site or in-game, please close your multiple ones, leave one open and just update that one with new/relevant information.

. . . . . Feel free to post your GM Ticket ID here in case the Support Staff sees this thread. However, Support does not work on these forums, so they will not respond to you here. You might get a response from a Developer or Community Manager however.

. . . . . As for the disappearing Invocation Skill issue itself, this was a known issue back in the late stages of Beta and as far as I knew it was resolved. So if you can close down your multiple tickets and update just one of them, this might help expedite it.
  • attronachattronach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . You will not get responses to bug reports. You'll need to press H (by default) or the ?-Mark on your main menu and press GM Help and then choose the one for Powers, choose Invocation if it is there, if not leave blank. Then detail the issue. This is the only way you'll get an answer from a Game Master, is by a GM Ticket - support is a different department which is why you haven't gotten a response. Also, please be civil, there is no need for name calling and other rude remarks.

. . . . . Also, sending multiple GM tickets on the same issue can cause your ticket to take longer. I am not sure why, this is just what I am told. Normally, a GM Ticket will be answered within 48 hours on business days, however they are extremely bogged down on GM Tickets (mostly due to people making multiple tickets on the same thing) at this time, so responses can take 7 business days or more depending on the category of issue and severity. If you can access your GM Tickets through the Support Site or in-game, please close your multiple ones, leave one open and just update that one with new/relevant information.

. . . . . Feel free to post your GM Ticket ID here in case the Support Staff sees this thread. However, Support does not work on these forums, so they will not respond to you here. You might get a response from a Developer or Community Manager however.

I DID this at least TEN times. I didn't post same probleme more than once. I post it agan every time when automat respond to me "petition to GM is closed" (yes this automatic response to ALL MY petitions)
    So please don't try make idiot from me. You have not working ingame support and since begining you try move every problem to players!

and BTW: In the past another person from Cryptic staff told me "make BUG report on forum, don't send in game GM request help" SO one person doesn't know what second doing??? Or you have new rules for every new week???
    I did EVERYTHING I'm asked for but got NOTHING in response!

It is horrible support and question is WHY NWN have support like this? Cryptic really don;t have money to raise support team so they can be able respond to BUG REPORT SINCE BETA over months???????????
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Please do step back and calm down. There is no need to get upset. I was just laying out all the facts as I seen you had written them. I am not able to peer into your mind and know what you have done. ;)

. . . . . Could you please copy and paste your GM Report that you wrote that got closed (not their response as that is not allowed by the Rules). I'd like to see why they are closing it down and maybe help you write a better worded report, if that is the case as to why it may be misinterpreted and closed.
  • attronachattronach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Please do step back and calm down. There is no need to get upset. I was just laying out all the facts as I seen you had written them. I am not able to peer into your mind and know what you have done. ;)

. . . . . Could you please copy and paste your GM Report that you wrote that got closed (not their response as that is not allowed by the Rules). I'd like to see why they are closing it down and maybe help you write a better worded report, if that is the case as to why it may be misinterpreted and closed.

check this: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?371341-Empty-invocation-icon

this:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?313851-Can-t-use-Invocation-see-picture

and this:

error.jpg

13 days!, tomorrow will be petition automatically closed with same auto response "sorry we have blabla blabla"
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Thank you!

. . . . . Please click on edit ticket, and edit the ticket. This will refresh the timer. Do this every week to keep it alive.

. . . . . I would suggest writing something like this as your description for what is wrong:
    "My invocation icon has vanished and I am no longer able to Invoke the Gods. It has been like this for quite a long time now and I have yet to be able to finish the introductory invocation mission. I also am unable to drop the invocation mission."

. . . . . In any case, I will escalate your reports here (as well as others' you linked to) to my Community Managers to see if they can help usher a response to the players.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Isn't there a way to verify files or to check that all of your game files are correct? I'm not quite sure. It seems to happen when my game crashes. Probably does nothing though. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Do it after your game session, and before you go to sleep, so it's done when you wake up. Only thing I could think of. Sad that you've missed all of those daily invocations and they don't care to do anything about it.

Try doing the "congress" method. Submit a ticket about not being able to buy $50 or so worth of zen, and on the second half of the ticket, add your true problem. Just like congress does on a bill. Add things that have nothing to do with the other, just to get it in.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really wish I had an answer for you.
    edited July 2013
    Isn't there a way to verify files or to check that all of your game files are correct? I'm not quite sure. It seems to happen when my game crashes. Probably does nothing though. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Do it after your game session, and before you go to sleep, so it's done when you wake up. Only thing I could think of. Sad that you've missed all of those daily invocations and they don't care to do anything about it.

. . . . . I do not think this will help as this was an issue that was previously resolved and has since reoccurred. However, it is worth a shot.

. . . . . To verify game files, you do this on the launcher when the game is not running. Open the launcher and before signing in, click on Options on the top right. Then check mark "Force Verify" and the launcher will then verify all files when you sign into the launcher. This process can take a long time, or be very quick, depending on ones system.
    edited July 2013

Try doing the "congress" method. Submit a ticket about not being able to buy $50 or so worth of zen, and on the second half of the ticket, add your true problem. Just like congress does on a bill. Add things that have nothing to do with the other, just to get it in.

I did already. Verifyed files, try to game on second PC. Nothing.
    If I know trere isn't support, fastest way at lvl14 when I discovered bug was delete character and create new one :(
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Thank you!
    . . . . . I would suggest writing something like this as your description for what is wrong:
    "My invocation icon has vanished and I am no longer able to Invoke the Gods. It has been like this for quite a long time now and I have yet to be able to finish the introductory invocation mission. I also am unable to drop the invocation mission."
    Done. Now We will see.
    edited July 2013
    attronach wrote: »
    Done. Now We will see.
    . . . . . Thanks again! Please let me know if your ticket does get closed again. If it does, please PM me the closing reason they give so I can forward it off to my Community Managers.
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Thanks again! Please let me know if your ticket does get closed again. If it does, please PM me the closing reason they give so I can forward it off to my Community Managers.
    35 days since report and NOTHING happens.
    Are you still thing there are AT LEAST ONE person at customer care department?

<removed insult>
    edited July 2013
    attronach wrote: »
    35 days since report and NOTHING happens.
    Are you still thing there are AT LEAST ONE person at customer care department?

<removed insult>
    . . . . . I am very sorry for your troubles, however that should have been sent in PM or not at all. Besides, insults are a bane on Communities, please don't use them here. Respond to the Ticket, so it doesn't get closed. Because of your tone in your posts, I must remind you - hostile Tickets will not help. Keep your hostilities and insults out of them, and the forums, if you want proper support and discussion. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.