What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Healing Powers and Synergistic Feats

scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in The Temple
Latest update : 30/1/2014

Hi.
This is a simple list of which Healing Powers/Encounters proc which Feats/Passives (and now select boons).

There might be a list like this elsewhere but I didn't see one here. So, for easy reference and for people who are perhaps levelling their first cleric (and because I lose bits of paper, so bookmarks are easier XD), I thought I'd pop this one up.
If you see any errors or omissions, please feel free to point them out.

Sunburst - procs Foresight / Enduring Relief* / Invigorated Healing / Cleanse** / Restoration Mastery* / Repurpose Soul* / Disciple of Divine Lore (on healing) / Divine Advantage / Cycle of Change (on healing) / Burning Guidance*

Divine Sunburst - add Linked Spirit*** / Rising Hope (see Linked Spirit note) / Anointed Holy Symbol

Divine Astral Shield - procs Invigorated Healing (on the initial casting, not per tick) / Rising Hope / Linked Spirit*** (on preview - see top date) / Anointed Holy Symbol / Burning Guidance*

Divine Forgemasters Flame - procs Foresight / Enduring Relief* / Rising Hope / Restoration Mastery* / Repurpose Soul* (on first tick) / Disciple of Divine Lore (on healing) / Rising Hope / Linked Spirit*** / Cycle of Change (each heal tick procs a stack) / Anointed Holy Symbol

Healing Word - procs Divine Advantage / Foresight / Enduring Relief* / Restoration Mastery* / Cleanse** / Repurpose Soul* (on first tick) / Disciple of Divine Lore / Cycle of Change / Healing Action* / Burning Guidance*

Divine Healing Word - add Linked Spirit*** / Rising Hope / Anointed Holy Symbol

Astral Seal - the Heal from this procs Foresight / Enduring Relief* / Restoration Mastery* / Cleanse** / Disciple of Divine Lore / Cycle of Change (and Linked Spirit***) / Divine Advantage / Healing Step (Seal has to crit) / Burning Guidance*

Soothing Light - procs Divine Advantage / Linked Spirit*** / Enduring Relief* / Cleanse** / Restoration Mastery* / Repurpose Soul* / Disciple of Divine Lore / Cycle of Change / Foresight

Bastion of Health - procs Divine Advantage / Enduring Relief* / Invigorated Healing / Foresight / Restoration Mastery* / Cleanse** / Repurpose Soul* / Disciple of Divine Lore / Cycle of Change / Healing Action* / Burning Guidance*

Divine Bastion of Health - add Linked Spirit*** / Rising Hope / Anointed Holy Symbol

Exaltation - procs Divine Advantage / Enduring Relief* / Restoration Mastery* / Cleanse** / Repurpose Soul* / Cycle of Change / Burning Guidance*

Divine Exaltation - add Rising Hope / Anointed Holy Symbol

* This Feat stacks with other skill's procs of it, though I've yet to see more than two stacks.
NB. The tooltip for Enduring Relief is incorrect, it procs in non-divine mode too.

** My experience with Cleanse is that while it says 8 seconds cd, this cd only applies to the same target hence the wording "re-cleanse" in the tooltip. This makes just 1 point in it still very viable for PVE.

*** You can get the Linked Spirit buff to proc on some skills without actually casting in Divine mode. Including it seems, skills that don't actually have a Divine mode. Cast as normal and then switch to Divine mode. Some skills need this to be done faster than others. So far tested, this works on Sunburst (you can also proc Rising Hope in this manner) and the heals from Astral Seal (ty punisouffle, I would not have thought to check that otherwise). If there are any others then please let me know. I will test a bit more though.

* Healing Action maxed out adds 5% of the action points you would get without it. So, for instance, if your Bastion of Health would normally add 13% ap, with Healing Action maxed it would give 13.65% ap. The one upside to this rubbishness is that the ap meter rounds up, so you would get 14% on the meter.
It seems to round up even if the % added is below 0.5 ie. Healing word gives you 7% without Healing Action, with it you would get 8% despite it actually being 7.35% (although this assumes that the original 7% wasn't rounded off).

* Burning Guidance Seems to be able to proc from Repurpose Soul heals. Won't proc if you're soley healing yourself.

(A brief note on the Boon Rampaging Madness (not rly a healing synergy but wth) - the tooltip says no more than 1 stack may be gained per second. This is incorrect (try it with sunburst). Also, this boon procs off AOE damage from active companions (like Bloodfire from the Invoker for example).

* Repurpose Soul's heal is affected by Healer's Lore (although according to Kurahavi, this doesn't extend to the % increase in the heal's value). I know this because: Repurpose Soul's heal procs Disciple of Divine Lore.
The "target" as descibed in the tooltip does not benefit from the aoe heal. This includes the caster of a critical self heal.
It seems that Repurpose Soul can proc independently for each person in Bastion of Health's AoE since it seems each separate heal in that AoE can crit independently (I will check this further).

Another feat that can proc feats is Sovereign Justice (The Feat at the end of the righteous tree). I've personally seen this proc Divine Advantage, Enduring Relief, Cleanse and I suspect it would proc a couple of others.

Also here is some more useful info about the feat Repurpose Soul courtesy of Landragoon:
landragoon wrote: »
1a. Ground-target AoE spells don't target enemies or allies. These spells include Daunting Light and Flame strike. They do not proc Repurpose Soul at all.
1b. Funny enough, even though Divine Glow only targets ground, one target critically hit by Divine Glow will radiate the Repurpose Soul healing. If you crit more than one target, there's still only one heal.
1c. Since they never gets a critical effect, Chains of Blazing Light and Astral Shield cannot proc Repurpose Soul.
1d. Since I don't have Bastion of Health, I cannot categorize it. It might work similarly to Divine Glow
2. Point blank Area of Effect spells target everyone inside the AoE as a seperate spell. (This is the reason for Sun Burst's huge AP generation - you get as much AP as you would for hitting every target inside the AoE with a single encounter.) Since they target everyone individually, Repurpose Soul procs for every target critically hit
3. Channeled Effects target for each tick - hence, every critical tick of Punishing or Soothing Light as well as Hammer of Fate procs Repurpose Soul.
4. DoT/HoT effects only target on spell cast. Hence, only the first tick for a critical Brand of the Sun, Forgemaster's Flame, Break the Spirit and Healing Word procs Repurpose Soul.
5a. Single-target spells and powers, including Lance of Faith, Astral Seal damage, Sacred Flame and Guardian of Faith always proc Repurpose Soul on a critical hit.
5b. For all intents and purposes, Searing Light counts as a single-target spell. Hence, only the main target of Searing Light will radiate a Repurpose Soul heal if hit critically. Pass-through targets, or side targets from the Divinity effect, will not proc Repurpose Soul.
6. Critical Astral Seal heals do not proc Repurpose Soul.

Other useful references:

http://clericguide.com/

Kaelac's Guid to Devoted Clerics
Post edited by scozzers on

Comments

• Options
    punisoufflepunisouffle Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I heard from somewhere Forgemasters proc linked spirit... I am sad it doesn't. But no need to respec then I guess ~~\(=w= )/

Also, this might be a lil off topic but ... when Sunburst-tab trick works to proc LS, does Astral Seal-tab work too?
    Crazy question awaiting crazy answer. (ASeal procs all the same stuffs as SB, barring Invigorated Healing... hey I'm just curious!)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Also, this might be a lil off topic but ... when Sunburst-tab trick works to proc LS, does Astral Seal-tab work too?
    Crazy question awaiting crazy answer. (ASeal procs all the same stuffs as SB, barring Invigorated Healing... hey I'm just curious!)

Good question. I'll check that now.
    And the answer (after like 10 seconds testing) is yes, Linked Spirit does proc from the heals from Astral Seal.
    I have decided that I may as well put that info into the list.
    Nope, FF doesn't proc Linked Spirit. I feel like it should though. The heal from it is a Heal in the tooltip.
  • Options
    spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    very nice, props for all the testinig. This should get a sticky.

shouldn't enduring relief be listed under the divine version of spells, or does it proc off of normal against what the tooltip says?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    spani4rd wrote: »
    very nice, props for all the testinig. This should get a sticky.

shouldn't enduring relief be listed under the divine version of spells, or does it proc off of normal against what the tooltip says?

Yes, the tooltip on Enduring Relief is incorrect, it procs off non-divine mode powers also.
  • Options
    punisoufflepunisouffle Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't suppose you would add Repurpose Soul healing to that list?
    That'd be so painful, studying it at face-tanking range to see what if procs, if it even procs anything ^^;

Ahh~ and the Virtuous tree's Disciple of Divine Lore. Does it have a chance to proc of any kind of heal affected by Healer's Lore?
    (...and does Healer's Lore affects every kind of heal, even Regeneration like non-divine Healing word...)
    Maybe there're answer hidden deep in the forum, but this thread is just golden.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't suppose you would add Repurpose Soul healing to that list?
    That'd be so painful, studying it at face-tanking range to see what if procs, if it even procs anything ^^;

Ahh~ and the Virtuous tree's Disciple of Divine Lore. Does it have a chance to proc of any kind of heal affected by Healer's Lore?
    (...and does Healer's Lore affects every kind of heal, even Regeneration like non-divine Healing word...)
    Maybe there're answer hidden deep in the forum, but this thread is just golden.

When I've got some more time to put in on the preview server, I will check Repurpose Soul (but I've always had that specc'd and I haven't really noticed anything extra kicking off) and I will check Disciple of Divine Lore too (it was lax of me not to go down the Virtuous tree).
    I'm pretty sure Healer's Lore affects Non-Divine Healing Word. I've seen some pretty big crits on Healing Word with that passive slotted. It also affects the heal from Astral Shield (although, that is a HoT now, not Regeneration anymore - but you know what these devs are like). That's fairly easy to check though. A Man at Arms companion counts as an ally (maybe all companions do, I don't have a huge stable ;s) so, just take him out, get him beaten up and heal him (you'll also see any buffs that proc under his name, just like another player). The problem comes in that unlike Foresight, Healer's Lore doesn't show up as a buff, so you're purely looking at the numbers there. Those increased numbers are very noticable though, especially on crits.
  • Options
    landragoonlandragoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1a. Ground-target AoE spells don't target enemies or allies. These spells include Daunting Light and Flame strike. They do not proc Repurpose Soul at all.
    1b. Funny enough, even though Divine Glow only targets ground, one target critically hit by Divine Glow will radiate the Repurpose Soul healing. If you crit more than one target, there's still only one heal.
    1c. Since they never gets a critical effect, Chains of Blazing Light and Astral Shield cannot proc Repurpose Soul.
    1d. Since I don't have Bastion of Health, I cannot categorize it. It might work similarly to Divine Glow
    2. Point blank Area of Effect spells target everyone inside the AoE as a seperate spell. (This is the reason for Sun Burst's huge AP generation - you get as much AP as you would for hitting every target inside the AoE with a single encounter.) Since they target everyone individually, Repurpose Soul procs for every target critically hit
    3. Channeled Effects target for each tick - hence, every critical tick of Punishing or Soothing Light as well as Hammer of Fate procs Repurpose Soul.
    4. DoT/HoT effects only target on spell cast. Hence, only the first tick for a critical Brand of the Sun, Forgemaster's Flame, Break the Spirit and Healing Word procs Repurpose Soul.
    5a. Single-target spells and powers, including Lance of Faith, Astral Seal damage, Sacred Flame and Guardian of Faith always proc Repurpose Soul on a critical hit.
    5b. For all intents and purposes, Searing Light counts as a single-target spell. Hence, only the main target of Searing Light will radiate a Repurpose Soul heal if hit critically. Pass-through targets, or side targets from the Divinity effect, will not proc Repurpose Soul.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Thanks!
    Yes, I've noticed No.3 myself, which is kind of why I was going to double check with dots but now I don't have to. I guess I'll check Bastion of Health though. Punisouffle's question was more about whether the heal produced by Repurpose Soul procs any of the above feats, if you have any idea about this, you could save me some time =)
    I will add your info to the op.
  • Options
    kurahavikurahavi Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    About Repurpose soul

From my test heals that crit and heal yourself do not proc, but I guess if you manage to heal someone else with critical heal it procs, except Astral Seal most likely wont. At least with SB if the heal is crit on others it procs. I tested bastion, SB and healing word, none of them procced on me.

The heal from repurpose soul with 3 points is 15% of the dealt true damage.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Prophecy of Doom doesn't seem to proc repurpose soul.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I'm quoting this again because this has really really annoyed me. I don't really like using sacred flame and while I do have a thing for "chuckers" (d2 javazon ftw), lance of faith pretty much roots you too. It's not as if BotS's dots tick fast or anything, so why would the devs do that? It's really annoyed me, finding out that the one alt will aside from AS that I use consistently is gimped in this way. Repurpose soul accounts for a respectable amount of healing and if I'm to understand this correctly, sacred flame spammers can get a proc on each single hit that crits (linked spirit anyone) while I only get a proc once every 7 ticks?? ... unless I spam BotS which totally defeats it's point. Really annoying. I mean I kick myself for not noticing tbh. My healing did drop off when I got fed up of sacred flame ... but wtf, they want me rooted to the spot do they, holding down left click. I might roll with lance of faith for a while and see how that feels.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I thought about testing lance of faith vs sacred flame to determine how much crit you would need to have to make lance of faith through repurpose soul heal more when sacred flame gives the temp hp.

So after hitting the dummies for ~10 mins with each skill, I separated the data into 3 attacks on each. I also counted out the crit hits by dividing the damage by 1.75. None of the hits were flank, so I didn't have to worry about this.

So my stats on this test toon in test realm are as following: 3561 power, 2982 crit, 3234 recovery, 3012 def, 690 deflect, so I have bit lower power compaerd to most clerics out there. Wis 26, Cha 19, Str 15, Con 12, Dex 12, Int 10, so yes my stats aren't all perfect + I wanted to see high wis/cha instead of my usual 19 str, 19 cha, 22 wis.

I am using divine conduct as weapon 656-802 damage, no weapon enchant, full miracle set.

So I hit dummies with these stats, and I separated each hit on its own column to count the average damages:
    (Lof = Lance of faith)
    Lof 1st hit: avg 941 dmg / hit
    Lof 2nd hit: avg 938 dmg / hit
    Lof 3rd hit: avg 1345 dmg / hit
    Total avg: 1075 dmg / hit

(SF = Sacred Flame)
    SF 1st hit: avg 877 dmg / hit
    SF 2nd hit: avg: 872 dmg / hit
    SF 3rd hit: avg: 1170 dmg / hit
    Total avg: 973 dmg / hit

Now I counted the time spent from first to last attack, divided it by number of attacks - 1 to get the time between attacks. The times I got are: SF: 0.754s and LoF: 0.867s. If I divide the damages by these numbers:

Lof 1st hit: avg 941 / 0.876 = 1085 dmg / 3s
    Lof 2nd hit: avg 938 / 0.876 = 1082 dmg / 3s
    Lof 3rd hit: avg 1345 / 0.876 = 1550 dmg / 3s
    Total avg: 1239 dmg / s

SF 1st hit: avg 877 / 0.754 = 1162 dmg / 3s
    SF 2nd hit: avg: 872 / 0.754 = 1156 dmg / 3s
    SF 3rd hit: avg: 1170 / 0.754 = 1551 dmg / 3s
    Total avg: 1290 dmg / s

Now something to note tho, the time between attacks varies as in the time delayed after 1st and 2nd attack is less than what it is after 3rd attack. For example hitting LoF 4 times in a row, time between 1st and 2nd attack is roughly 0.8s, time between 2nd and 3rd is roughly 0.8s, but time between 3rd and 1st attack is roughly 1s. On the other hand on SF it seems bit more varied, time between 1st and 2nd roughly 0.6s, 2nd and 3rd roughly 0.7s and 3rd and 1st ~0.95s. These numbers can go bit back and forth in combat log so it is not 100% valid data for the delays, which is why I used average over 10 minutes to try to minimize variation.

After looking this data the only thing that can make Lance Of Faith better than Sacred Flame is if LoF scales better with power or you have feats for LoF.

After this I figured might as well try Brand of the Sun(Bos) and Astral Seal(ASeal):
    BoS avg: 576 dmg / hit, 0.973s between atacks => 592 dmg / s

ASeal avg: 807 dmg / hit, 1.055s between attacks => 765 dmg / s

Note: The numbers are non-critical damages.

Conclusion:
    It seems for my case sacred flame actually did more dps than lance of faith did, because of this no number in crits can over take sacred flame + the shield it gives by activating more repurpose souls. So if trying to maximize repurpose soul, seems like sacred flame takes the win.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kurahavi wrote: »
    I thought about testing lance of faith vs sacred flame to determine how much crit you would need to have to make lance of faith through repurpose soul heal more when sacred flame gives the temp hp.

So after hitting the dummies for ~10 mins with each skill, I separated the data into 3 attacks on each. I also counted out the crit hits by dividing the damage by 1.75. None of the hits were flank, so I didn't have to worry about this.

So my stats on this test toon in test realm are as following: 3561 power, 2982 crit, 3234 recovery, 3012 def, 690 deflect, so I have bit lower power compaerd to most clerics out there. Wis 26, Cha 19, Str 15, Con 12, Dex 12, Int 10, so yes my stats aren't all perfect + I wanted to see high wis/cha instead of my usual 19 str, 19 cha, 22 wis.

I am using divine conduct as weapon 656-802 damage, no weapon enchant, full miracle set.

So I hit dummies with these stats, and I separated each hit on its own column to count the average damages:
    (Lof = Lance of faith)
    Lof 1st hit: avg 941 dmg / hit
    Lof 2nd hit: avg 938 dmg / hit
    Lof 3rd hit: avg 1345 dmg / hit
    Total avg: 1075 dmg / hit

(SF = Sacred Flame)
    SF 1st hit: avg 877 dmg / hit
    SF 2nd hit: avg: 872 dmg / hit
    SF 3rd hit: avg: 1170 dmg / hit
    Total avg: 973 dmg / hit

Now I counted the time spent from first to last attack, divided it by number of attacks - 1 to get the time between attacks. The times I got are: SF: 0.754s and LoF: 0.867s. If I divide the damages by these numbers:

Lof 1st hit: avg 941 / 0.876 = 1085 dmg / 3s
    Lof 2nd hit: avg 938 / 0.876 = 1082 dmg / 3s
    Lof 3rd hit: avg 1345 / 0.876 = 1550 dmg / 3s
    Total avg: 1239 dmg / s

SF 1st hit: avg 877 / 0.754 = 1162 dmg / 3s
    SF 2nd hit: avg: 872 / 0.754 = 1156 dmg / 3s
    SF 3rd hit: avg: 1170 / 0.754 = 1551 dmg / 3s
    Total avg: 1290 dmg / s

Now something to note tho, the time between attacks varies as in the time delayed after 1st and 2nd attack is less than what it is after 3rd attack. For example hitting LoF 4 times in a row, time between 1st and 2nd attack is roughly 0.8s, time between 2nd and 3rd is roughly 0.8s, but time between 3rd and 1st attack is roughly 1s. On the other hand on SF it seems bit more varied, time between 1st and 2nd roughly 0.6s, 2nd and 3rd roughly 0.7s and 3rd and 1st ~0.95s. These numbers can go bit back and forth in combat log so it is not 100% valid data for the delays, which is why I used average over 10 minutes to try to minimize variation.

After looking this data the only thing that can make Lance Of Faith better than Sacred Flame is if LoF scales better with power or you have feats for LoF.

After this I figured might as well try Brand of the Sun(Bos) and Astral Seal(ASeal):
    BoS avg: 576 dmg / hit, 0.973s between atacks => 592 dmg / s

ASeal avg: 807 dmg / hit, 1.055s between attacks => 765 dmg / s

Note: The numbers are non-critical damages.

Conclusion:
    It seems for my case sacred flame actually did more dps than lance of faith did, because of this no number in crits can over take sacred flame + the shield it gives by activating more repurpose souls. So if trying to maximize repurpose soul, seems like sacred flame takes the win.

Thanks for the info. Yea, I always took the extra time in between the 3rd and 4th attacks on SF/LoF more as being the extra time between the 3rd and the 1st attacks (if you see what I mean) since SF and LoF are kind of 3 hit skills.
    As I said above though, spamming BotS kind of defeats it's purpose and isn't a very good way to test it's dps - time between ticks would have been better (also the subsequent ticks increase in damage) .. but then that's moot since this was about repurpose soul procs .. and since you would have to hit 3 mobs with BotS to have a chance at getting the same RS procs that SF/LoF would give in one "cycle" on one mob (unless you want to vastly reduce it's power by spamming it), and since it attacks slower, yea ... not so good for RS. I guess the key is you're more mobile with BotS but that isn't such a big issue any more in PVE with the aggro fix.

The more I look at RS not proccing from subsesquent ticks, the more it just seems like an error. With Divine Forgemasters and Divine Break the Spirit, each subsequent tick after the initial one does the same damage (this holds true for crits also) and doesn't increase the way the ticks do when cast outside of divine mode. Now, why do that unless it was to limit procs based on it's damage ... but we don't get those procs = /
    I will check the other stuff people have asked about as soon as is possible. Yesterday, lol, I logged in to preview only to find they'd buggered up the keyboard interact ie you couldn't do anything, not even hit esc to get to the menu to quit. I had to actually alt/tab and close the game window. It seems they don't test anything. Edit: Same today also ...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    scozzers wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Yea, I always took the extra time in between the 3rd and 4th attacks on SF/LoF more as being the extra time between the 3rd and the 1st attacks (if you see what I mean) since SF and LoF are kind of 3 hit skills.
    As I said above though, spamming BotS kind of defeats it's purpose and isn't a very good way to test it's dps - time between ticks would have been better (also the subsequent ticks increase in damage) .. but then that's moot since this was about repurpose soul procs .. and since you would have to hit 3 mobs with BotS to have a chance at getting the same RS procs that SF/LoF would give in one "cycle" on one mob (unless you want to vastly reduce it's power by spamming it), and since it attacks slower, yea ... not so good for RS. I guess the key is you're more mobile with BotS but that isn't such a big issue any more in PVE with the aggro fix.

The more I look at RS not proccing from subesquent ticks, the more it just seems like an error. With Divine Forgemasters and Divine Break the Spirit, each subsequent tick after the initial one does the same damage (this holds true for crits also) and doesn't increase the way the ticks do when cast outside of divine mode. Now, why do that unless it was to limit procs based on it's damage ... but we don't get those procs = /
    I will check the other stuff people have asked about as soon as is possible. Yesterday, lol, I logged in to preview only to find they'd buggered up the keyboard interact ie you couldn't do anything, not even hit esc to get to the menu to quit. I had to actually alt/tab and close the game window. It seems they don't test anything tbh. Edit: Same today also ...

I am pretty sure bots hits same amount of damage on each tick unless reapplied. Maybe you have had terrifying insight as class feature when you have tested bots?

As for the keyboard error, if you bind other keys to go power-tab, for example ',' then copy the character, it should copy changed keys. For example I have been using Y-button to access character, and it worked in the test server, same as my F5 for horse. On the other hand the buttons I had set for default, did not work.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am pretty sure bots hits same amount of damage on each tick unless reapplied. Maybe you have had terrifying insight as class feature when you have tested bots?

For me, the damage of BotS increases per subsequent tick.
    No, I don't slot TI.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    List updated to include the feats Repurpose Soul, Disciple of Divine Lore and Cycle of Change and to add Foresight to Soothing Light (missed that one, sorry).

Thanks to those who queried those feats.

As ever, feel free to point out any omissions or screw ups.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    For me, the damage of BotS increases per subsequent tick.
    No, I don't slot TI.

Hmm I tested it and it really hits same damage on each tick. So I was looking at some feats that would increase the damage and I could find only one: Templars Domain, but this is most likely not the one. Then I thought about armor sets, High Prophet's set gives 10% armor shredding and can stack 3 times, maybe this is the reason for the damage changes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hmm I tested it and it really hits same damage on each tick. So I was looking at some feats that would increase the damage and I could find only one: Templars Domain, but this is most likely not the one. Then I thought about armor sets, High Prophet's set gives 10% armor shredding and can stack 3 times, maybe this is the reason for the damage changes.

I don't know. Combat log says one thing. Floaters say another. I suspect it's probably a visual bug somehow related to enchantment radiant damage ignoring 50% of the targets damage resistance. I don't have such enchantments slotted though.
    Actually, does all radiant damage ignore 50% DR or what? This game is so oblique in it's descriptions of things.
    Check your floaters and see if they increase. If it's just me, I guess I'll be reparing some files or something.

I don't want to veer too far off topic though.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't know. Combat log says one thing. Floaters say another. I suspect it's probably a visual bug somehow related to enchantment radiant damage ignoring 50% of the targets damage resistance. I don't have such enchantments slotted though.
    Actually, does all radiant damage ignore 50% DR or what? This game is so oblique in it's descriptions of things.
    Check your floaters and see if they increase. If it's just me, I guess I'll be reparing some files or something.

I don't want to veer too far off topic though.

I have 0 arp:

From combat log:
    Brand of the Sun,Pn.Qg9vdl,Radiant,,509.759,608.304 x 6
    Brand of the Sun,Pn.Qg9vdl,Radiant,Kill,509.759,608.304

In game:
    Your brand of the sun deals 510(608) Radiant to Nothic Mindwrap.

So 16.2% damage resisted by armor on these lvl 49 Nothic Mindwraps, can be found in the beginning of The Chasm.

Also the numbers coming from the mob showed exactly same number 510 on every tick unless I attacked again. It just stacks em up like other damages too, as in damage from crits stacks up in the own number and damage from non-crits into its own.

Now I do know that for example TRs bleed has this weird mechanic where if you hit duelist flurry same time as bleed ticks, the bleeds tick has increased arp. Now also since the mobs do have 16.2% armor, you need to have some debuff to actually hit under this, and you mentioned about 50% armor ignoring. This could be understood that the armor goes -50%, which shouldnt happen without debuffs or the monsters having only 8.1% armors left.

Now if we think that you would be wearing armor where the set bonus gives -30% resistance + on your feet you have at least one point in templars domain, if these feats can take armor resist to negative, i dont know cos i never tested, then it would actually take the resist to -43.8%

Edit: tested Templars Domain and it cannot push damage reduction from armors to negative, so the reason must be somewhere else. Also more testing, how does this feat even work or does it even work at all? Quick find on topic, someone seems to have made bug report almost a month ago, stating the feat has never been working as intended.

Edit2: Also you stated that repurpose soul is affected by healing lore. This could be true, since I didn't respec to test Disciple of Divine Lore, but as far as extra healing, it still gives only 15% of true damage dealt in crit as healing regardless if you have healers lore on or not.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have 0 arp:

From combat log:
    Brand of the Sun,Pn.Qg9vdl,Radiant,,509.759,608.304 x 6
    Brand of the Sun,Pn.Qg9vdl,Radiant,Kill,509.759,608.304

In game:
    Your brand of the sun deals 510(608) Radiant to Nothic Mindwrap.

So 16.2% damage resisted by armor on these lvl 49 Nothic Mindwraps, can be found in the beginning of The Chasm.

Also the numbers coming from the mob showed exactly same number 510 on every tick unless I attacked again. It just stacks em up like other damages too, as in damage from crits stacks up in the own number and damage from non-crits into its own.

Now I do know that for example TRs bleed has this weird mechanic where if you hit duelist flurry same time as bleed ticks, the bleeds tick has increased arp. Now also since the mobs do have 16.2% armor, you need to have some debuff to actually hit under this, and you mentioned about 50% armor ignoring. This could be understood that the armor goes -50%, which shouldnt happen without debuffs or the monsters having only 8.1% armors left.

Now if we think that you would be wearing armor where the set bonus gives -30% resistance + on your feet you have at least one point in templars domain, if these feats can take armor resist to negative, i dont know cos i never tested, then it would actually take the resist to -43.8%

Edit: tested Templars Domain and it cannot push damage reduction from armors to negative, so the reason must be somewhere else. Also more testing, how does this feat even work or does it even work at all? Quick find on topic, someone seems to have made bug report almost a month ago, stating the feat has never been working as intended.

Actually, I think I've just been reading the Floaters incorrectly.
    They show the ticks AND the total damage done (additively). My bad.
    Edit2: Also you stated that repurpose soul is affected by healing lore. This could be true, since I didn't respec to test Disciple of Divine Lore, but as far as extra healing, it still gives only 15% of true damage dealt in crit as healing regardless if you have healers lore on or not.

I didn't look too closely at the heal's value. I just observed that Disciple of Divine Lore proc'd from it. I took "active" in Disciple of Divine Lore's tooltip to mean that Healer's Lore is affecting the heal, not just that Healer's Lore was in a passive slot. Regardless, Repurpose Soul's heal procs Disciple of Divine Lore.
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This should be stickied. scozzers do you also happen to know which heals are affected by Healing Action?
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    This should be stickied. scozzers do you also happen to know which heals are affected by Healing Action?

Hi. I never have that spec'd so neglected to check it. Thanks for bringing it up. I'll check it later.
    In the meantime a rough assumption, since the wording uses Heal in green, would be that it at least works from Healing Word, Bastion of Health and Sunburst. Forgemaster's will be debatable. I will check it and update the list to include it.

Edit - Update:

Ok, so far the results of testing Healing Action have shown the following:

1. Maxed out it adds 5% of the action points you would get without it. So, for instance, if your Bastion of Health would normally add 13% ap, with Healing Action maxed it would give 13.65% ap. The one upside to this rubbishness is that the ap meter rounds up, so you would get 14% on the meter.
    It seems to round up even if the % added is below 0.5 ie. Healing word gives you 7% without Healing Action, with it you would get 8% despite it actually being 7.35% (although this assumes that the original 7% wasn't rounded off).

2. There is no buff icon to show when it's active nor any combat log info. One is soley working from the ap meter.

3. Sunburst will require a few helpful souls to check since self heals with it don't generate ap and on allies it has to heal for it to generate ap (I suspect it will generate ap per person healed) Also, since it's damage effect does generate ap, this makes it tricky to check in combat. I will get it done though because I think SB will be the only (..relatively) decent ap generator with this feat. I'll add that info when I've done it.

So far though, it works (as I thought) with Healing Word and Bastion of Health. It doesn't work with Forgemaster's or Astral Seal (or if it does work for Astal Seal, it's so minimal that you wouldn't get anything for it - but given the other results showing a "rounding up" on the meter, I would say it doesn't work). I've added that info (and No.1 above) to the list.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you very much for the update. I do hope you get better results with Sunburst, since at the moment the feat is starting to look like it's just another Initiate of the Faith.

Once again I hope this gets stickied. For any cleric intent on understanding the various feats at work behind their heals - and thus maximizing the potential of their class, regardless of whether they are virtuous/faithful/righteous specced - the information found in this thread is extremely valuable and you won't find most of this stuff anywhere else.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait wait wait. Why the hell not does Divine Forgemasters Flame not proc Linked Spirit. When you use Forgemaster's Flame in Divine it adds the Heal. However it works with Astral Shield? Astral Shield is a Regeneration ability, while Forgemaster's Flame is a Heal.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Astral Shield is a HoT now, not regen. It doesn't (as far as I know) proc linked spirit anyway. Astral seal appears to, though (which is weird too, but hey).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you very much for the update.

You're welcome.
    Wait wait wait. Why the hell not does Divine Forgemasters Flame not proc Linked Spirit. When you use Forgemaster's Flame in Divine it adds the Heal. However it works with Astral Shield? Astral Shield is a Regeneration ability, while Forgemaster's Flame is a Heal.

I think you have confused Astral Seal for Astral Shield.
    Forgemaster's, though it has a heal in divine mode, doesn't seem to be considered a true heal. The true heals "heal" both in and out of divine mode. Any feat where the word Heal is mentioned in green works with those true heals. Some confusion comes from Cryptic's vague (and sometimes plain incorrect) descriptions. Healing Word for example is written as regeneration in non divine mode yet works like a true heal as mentioned above. The fact that they use green "heal" in Divine Forgemaster's description muddles things even more.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well that stinks, That means the only only way to truly use Linked Spirit is with heals that not man people tend to use except Astral Seal and Bastion of Health. Healing Word I don't normally see people use because it's just not...good. Foremaster is a great heal because anyone near by just gets it, and yes the description muddies it since it is green and says heal in there with divine. Astral Shield is also a heal but it's considered a regeneration due to the wording in it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Updated.
    Just noticed that some sort of fix has been implemented. Divine Advantage now procs from Sunburst (both normal and divine) and the heal from Astral Seal (possibly more - still checking - will update). Thank you Cryptic. That's a nice fix.
    List updated to reflect these changes. Will be checking some other things over the next few days to see what else they've changed and not mentioned.

(this is on preview server - might not be live yet - maybe someone can confirm this for me since I don't have it spec'd on live)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I will test it on the live server later. It does look like they're doing a lot of unannounced tweaking. Two days ago while soloing with my Virtuous cleric I was getting massive damage spikes with Sunburst/Divine Glow. They would sometimes crit for as high as 8k. The only explanation I could think of was that someone was playing around with Cycle of Change's mechanics.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I will test it on the live server later. It does look like they're doing a lot of unannounced tweaking. Two days ago while soloing with my Virtuous cleric I was getting massive damage spikes with Sunburst/Divine Glow. They would sometimes crit for as high as 8k. The only explanation I could think of was that someone was playing around with Cycle of Change's mechanics.

That would be great if you could check it, thnx.
    I don't know about any changes to cycle of change but 8k does seem high. Although if you have a ton of power, vorpal, rising hope proc'd (bear in mind this was fixed recently), maybe linked spirit proc (companion?), divine glow maxed/used in divine mode and you caught in the glow .. could be doable solo.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That would be great if you could check it, thnx.
    rising hope proc'd (bear in mind this was fixed recently)

What was "fixed" with Rising Hope, please?