test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP daily. Please get rid of AD reward we don't want it!!!!

Comments

• Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    You have a point, but I would prefer that the AD for the daily remained except you only got it if you win a game- that would dissuade people from afking.

This is actually a great point I can live with that.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seems like alot more people disagree with the OP than he realizes. And Im in the boat with them.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Seems like alot more people disagree with the OP than he realizes. And Im in the boat with them.

I realize that project caravan was nerfed from 200 AD to 100. It was needed a lot QQ over and over why I don't understand. It was 100 AD. 4000 AD is nothing and I still think that it shouldn't be a PvP reward. So you got alts queing for the Daily maybe if they have to gear up win and contribute they can get a award. Still think AD is by far the worst choice. I just don't think anyone can convince me or make any sense how it is a great choice. If you want AD go farm. If you want PvP items then PvP.
  • Options
    sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited July 2013
    It's my only way to do AD pls don't
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I doubt the majority of players want AD removed from the PvP dailies. It will also not deter bots in any way, they're on all day long. Glory is worthless because of this as well as the PvP gear. Though it was already sub par to begin with.

This is a ridiculous fix for an easy to fix problem. The only thing is it would force the devs to earn their salaries. As a leave penalty would be acceptable if bots did not litter pugs.

I don't know how the sub system works for this game but in much older MMOs a GM could zone into any instance # they liked watch a reported player then escalate that report to the executive GM for banning. If such a system is not in place that's their lazy fault for not looking at every single MMO ever for guidance.
  • Options
    terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Need an ELO, or matchmaker rating, or whatever you want to call it. Put people who always lose with+against people who always lose. Then the bots can all play each other.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want AD for playing PvP... to be honest its about the only place I make AD as I don't really play anything else.
  • Options
    killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This is the single lowest concern about PvP. We have 1 PvP mode, class's aren't balanced, latency is terrible, and you have to go through several queues before even finding a full 5v5. Not to mention the PvP gear is terrible and you're *****ing about getting AD reward for a daily? stfu.

Removing the reward won't stop afkers or bots it will just lessen the already small amount of people that queue for pvp.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ad reward for pvp daily is perfectly fine , don't remove it ever .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If you want AD go farm. If you want PvP items then PvP.

What do you think the bots in PvP are doing? They are farming Glory to buy PvP sets which they then sell for AD. AD and PvP is joined at the hip as long as the gear you buy with Glory is saleable. Cutting out the AD reward for PvP would not stop the botting in PvP.
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'd rather see em merge gold and AD to the same currency, then bots would farm gold somewere else instead of quing up for pvp. And it would be alot easier to track em down since they wouldn't jump from instance to instance every 10 min.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I wonder if they realize a majority of people that pvp, only pvp FOR the daily AD's and if you took that out a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of people wouldn't even do pvp and the pvp'ers would then be griping how they have to wait for hours for a pvp match and they always face the same people and are bored.

Personally, I would rather see them do away with pvp all together and focus on content. If you like being a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, talking trash, and killing people, go play call of duty. Too many games have moved away what drew people in the first place. That would significantly drop the QQ'ing about class balance too.
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think what needs to be taken away from PvP is the OP.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    I think what needs to be taken away from PvP is the OP.

Lol we barely have PvP and I am needed.
  • Options
    anzentantouanzentantou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Most of the listed problems on the forums and a lot of QQ about bots, afkers, players just wanting to get there daily in depending on bracket 1-4 games. It makes sense to some taking a break from whatever they are doing to que up if they are low on AD and broke cause they don't know how to make AD to try and afk threw the PvP daily for 4000AD.

This is the problem!! Please remove AD from the PvP daily. I don't do PvP or the daily for it and don't want AD as a reward. Its stupid. Why would you reward me a PvP player with a PvE currency. Not only that you are encouraging botters and afkers to join a PvP game for this very small #$%^ reward. The current #$#% reward draws even worse players that don't care to do there daily AFK.

Simple fix to the afk, botter movement is the reward. I much rather have a PvP reward for the PvP daily. Maybe I am the only one that thinks this is common sense but really.

The rewards could be
    PvP pots or battle elixirs
    Glory
    PvP unique dyes.
    Coins to use in a PvP shop

Ect...ect...ect.. Remove AD as a reward from our PvP we don't want it. We do 20 matches a day and would like to see some PvP rewards from it. I doubt players would stop after there dungeon for PvP rewards to afk in. Just makes sense.

so if you have extra AD to spare send some over other than that stfu your not helping anyone but yourself
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Most of the listed problems on the forums and a lot of QQ about bots, afkers, players just wanting to get there daily in depending on bracket 1-4 games. It makes sense to some taking a break from whatever they are doing to que up if they are low on AD and broke cause they don't know how to make AD to try and afk threw the PvP daily for 4000AD.

This is the problem!! Please remove AD from the PvP daily. I don't do PvP or the daily for it and don't want AD as a reward. Its stupid. Why would you reward me a PvP player with a PvE currency. Not only that you are encouraging botters and afkers to join a PvP game for this very small #$%^ reward. The current #$#% reward draws even worse players that don't care to do there daily AFK.

Simple fix to the afk, botter movement is the reward. I much rather have a PvP reward for the PvP daily. Maybe I am the only one that thinks this is common sense but really.

The rewards could be
    PvP pots or battle elixirs
    Glory
    PvP unique dyes.
    Coins to use in a PvP shop

Ect...ect...ect.. Remove AD as a reward from our PvP we don't want it. We do 20 matches a day and would like to see some PvP rewards from it. I doubt players would stop after there dungeon for PvP rewards to afk in. Just makes sense.

Okay so they remove the AD from the daily, but all the "rewards" you suggest would stop botters or afkers from not playing? LOL

How about this, give absolutely NO rewards for pvping? Then there shouldn't be any need for bots or afkers. Don't give ranks, don't give glory, NOTHING.
  • Options
    scionhartscionhart Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am purely an PVE player and I do PVP at times specially when I get bored. I don't AFK in PVP.

The rewards may not be great but it helps.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    so if you have extra AD to spare send some over other than that stfu your not helping anyone but yourself

I am helping everyone that loves PvP
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Refrain from posting only images/GIFs. These lend nothing of value to a discussion and are considered a form of spamming.

Please read and familiarize yourselves with Rules of Conduct before you post, as your posting here constitutes consent to those rules.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I partly agree with the OP.
    The thing is that removing the AD doesn't fix all the problem. Actually, I think that the AD is not they main reason why there are BOT's in PvP (because of the rough AD to AD conversion limit); as other have said, the main reason is that they can farm Glory to Buy PvP items which are not BoP, and then they sell them for AD using the Auction House; also they farm experience, but to do that I'd rather create a farmable foundry quest and BOT in there, that would be much faster.

So the only way to stop PvP BOT's is to make PvP items BoP and maybe reduce the EXP gain. Although, then the BOT's will probably go somewhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The answer may be to improve the Glory system. First off, Glory should probably not be purely a currency. It should be a ranking. Your ranking should not disappear. You may get some kind of tokens along with the rank to buy things. It is an odd way to deal with pvp combat.

Another thing which would be interesting is to improve the glory store. This would be a perfect opportunity to introduce some clothing with special significance, cloak of glory, shirt of glory, crown of glory.

This would justify getting rid of the AD.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mytgroo wrote: »
    The answer may be to improve the Glory system. First off, Glory should probably not be purely a currency. It should be a ranking. Your ranking should not disappear. You may get some kind of tokens along with the rank to buy things. It is an odd way to deal with pvp combat.

Another thing which would be interesting is to improve the glory store. This would be a perfect opportunity to introduce some clothing with special significance, cloak of glory, shirt of glory, crown of glory.

Yea the Glory shop is pretty sad atm. I should be browsing threw pages and pages of stuff in there. The entire system needs a overhaul for sure and how its earned.
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mytgroo wrote: »

I like that idea, but also glory should be required to equip an item. That way players will not be able to equip items obtained PvPing if they do not have enough glory (pretty much like the ranking system it works in WoW). :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."