test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leavers aka Rage Quitters are ruining our pvp community one match at a time

Comments

• Options
    smezzasmezza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    logancaine wrote: »
    Everything that kicks the game completely out of balance is a bug and has to be fixed. Period.

+1000 !!!

By leaving your team you kick the game completely out of balance therefore allowing you to quit is a bug and has to be fixed. I am glad you are in favor of a penalty for leavers. ;)
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Everything that kicks the game completely out of balance is a bug and has to be fixed. Period.
    It doesn't mater if its a programing bug or a design bug. Like the Tenebrouses... Those are game-design bugs.

If you want to play with me.. Don't be a perma-cloaked TR.

You could learn to fight back against them.

Perma stealth build rogues have no chance against me.
    Ones that build for pure dps however can kill me.

So they seem like a weaker build imo when it comes to duels. They are strong for back capping unsuspecting teams, but smarter teams can counter them well.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    axer128 wrote: »

So they seem like a weaker build imo when it comes to duels. They are strong for back capping unsuspecting teams, but smarter teams can counter them well.

oh.. How ill you duel someone you cant see nor attack.. even if you know where he is. YOu can start casting AoE... But yeah he sees the animation then just change his position.. So how should you fight someone that kills you slowly with knives and cant be attacked? You cant fight him back unless he makes a failure. Which is unlikely if he knows how to play.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    axer128 wrote: »

Axer, would you mind giving some hints how to deal with stealth TRs as right now I am having real trouble with them.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    smezza wrote: »
    +1000 !!!

By leaving your team you kick the game completely out of balance therefore allowing you to quit is a bug and has to be fixed. I am glad you are in favor of a penalty for leavers. ;)

Never said there shouldnt be a penalty for leavers... I just said why I would leave...
    But you know... If you have a penalty for leaver without fixing such problems like perma-stealth rogue and overpowered Tenebrouses, you will only end up with people staying in their spawn-point waiting for the game to end. Where is the point?
    So you penalize player too that stay at the spawn point... Well.. That would end up people not playing PvP anymore. It the best way of killing a game. Penalizing players instead of repairing the game first.
    It's like if the state forces you to drive a car with broken breaks.
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't abandon fights against premades UNLESS the following conditions are met:

1) There are bots on my team
    2) There are bots on my team
    3) There are stupid people repeatedly running one at a time to 2 instead of capping the other unguarded points.
    4) Oh wait, number 3 was the stupid bot programmers having their bots run to 2 nonstop.
    5) There are bots on my team.
    6) There are TRs abusing the CoS and IoC duration (they set the duration for "infinite", pop IoC out of Stealth = takes no damage or CCs the entire match) & cooldown timer (cooldown on CoS is set to 0 so it's instant recharge) hacks to make them invincible and able to throw endless CoS daggers.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Axer, would you mind giving some hints how to deal with stealth TRs as right now I am having real trouble with them.

If you have a dodge, use it, this will break up the damage scaling of CoS.
    If you have sword, start swinging in the general direction of the noise.
    If you see a black smoking TR.... keep your distance for 3 seconds, and then hit him.

Basically don't run away, unless he's trying to get a duelist flurry in, once the third hit connects there's no way to cancel that.
  • Options
    smezzasmezza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Never said there shouldnt be a penalty for leavers... I just said why I would leave...
    But you know... If you have a penalty for leaver without fixing such problems like perma-stealth rogue and overpowered Tenebrouses, you will only end up with people staying in their spawn-point waiting for the game to end. Where is the point?
    So you penalize player too that stay at the spawn point... Well.. That would end up people not playing PvP anymore. It the best way of killing a game. Penalizing players instead of repairing the game first.
    It's like if the state forces you to drive a car with broken breaks.

I understand your concerns but 1 perma-stealth isn't making a full team and you still can win against a team which has one. However when you leave it means defeat for your team. When you leave the perma-stealth laughs his socks off as 1) he managed to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you off and 2) he can rampage more easily through the left over of your team.

Anyway, in PvP right now there are 2 situations: 1) I am in a bus rolling over the last poor guy left on the opposite team (usually I just sit as 5 vs 1 is not fun) or 2) I am the last poor guy that gets rolled over by the bus. I could leave too but I don't. I sit by the fire and ask if anyone interested in 1 vs 1. If nobody's interested then I play Air Guitar :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    smezza wrote: »
    I understand your concerns but 1 perma-stealth isn't making a full team and you still can win against a team which has one. However when you leave it means defeat for your team. When you leave the perma-stealth laughs his socks off as 1) he managed to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you off and 2) he can rampage more easily through the left over of your team.

1 perma stealth TR makes the whole game unfair. 1 perma-stealth TR breaks my fun. If everybody leaves a game with a perma-stealth TR then someday, nobody is using this build anymore, because nobody wants to play with them. Its easy as that.
    1) he will maybe... But he will be pissed if everytime he play, everybody is quiting.
    2) He cant... cause I always tell the whole team to quite, before I do. So if they are listening to me. The perma-cload TR will have nobody to kill.
  • Options
    leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    There is no "pvp community". P2W enchants. 2 maps 1 mode. No rankings. No E-Sport. this is a 6 month game for most until the big titles hit with all the above.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »
    There is no "pvp community". P2W enchants. 2 maps 1 mode. No rankings. No E-Sport. this is a 6 month game for most until the big titles hit with all the above.

What big titles?

HOnest question I'd love to check out some new games.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    1 perma stealth TR makes the whole game unfair. 1 perma-stealth TR breaks my fun. If everybody leaves a game with a perma-stealth TR then someday, nobody is using this build anymore, because nobody wants to play with them. Its easy as that.

Dude, it looks like you're blaming TR's for everything that's wrong with the game. I can tell you, even if perma-stealth is nerfed into the ground because whiners refuse to learn counter-tactics, there will be a a new whipping boy to take the beatings.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Dude, it looks like you're blaming TR's for everything that's wrong with the game. I can tell you, even if perma-stealth is nerfed into the ground because whiners refuse to learn counter-tactics, there will be a a new whipping boy to take the beatings.

Dude... There are many things that is unbalanced, but you can counter them or learns to live with them. Only the perma-stealth is not counterable. You can't. There is no way. You have to pray that the TR makes a mistake und uncloak for a millisecond, so that you can target him.
    Its not about refusing to learn a counter tactic... It's about having no option.
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    cannot PvP for 15 or 30 min if you quit
    surrender voting for when you feel there is no way you can win
    maybe?
    something like in LoL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Dude... There are many things that is unbalanced, but you can counter them or learns to live with them. Only the perma-stealth is not counterable. You can't. There is no way. You have to pray that the TR makes a mistake und uncloak for a millisecond, so that you can target him.
    Its not about refusing to learn a counter tactic... It's about having no option.

I've got a 60 TR, CW and GWF, stealth is not invisiblity. Get close enough, pop an effect on them, do some aoe... it will draw them out.

Those are counters you are refusing to apply.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    1) he will maybe... But he will be pissed if everytime he play, everybody is quiting.
    2) He cant... cause I always tell the whole team to quite, before I do. So if they are listening to me. The perma-cload TR will have nobody to kill.

Ahhh thankyou its my hard counter VS perma stealth just leave. They get owned everytime when you leave and they get no glory. I am glad others are increasing in numbers of doing it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've got a 60 TR, CW and GWF, stealth is not invisiblity. Get close enough, pop an effect on them, do some aoe... it will draw them out.

Those are counters you are refusing to apply.

lol... right AoE... You are kidding right? I think you never have played against a perma-cloaked TR.
    First you have to find out where he is. If he good he will keep changing his position. Throw daggers from here. Throw dagger from there. You start "casting" AoE. He will see that animation and just walks away. Come back... Throw dagger from here, then from there.
    You cant target someone you cannot see. It is not possible. This game is built that way.
    He must be a very <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> TR, if he lets his opponent get that close.
    That's not even a counter attack. That's coincidence. A counter-attack is, if a Wizard cast a "see invisible" spell and the invisible is uncloaked.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »
    cannot PvP for 15 or 30 min if you quit
    surrender voting for when you feel there is no way you can win
    maybe?
    something like in LoL

Yep, that would be the way to go I think.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lol... right AoE... You are kidding right?

You cant target someone you cannot see. It is not possible. This game is built that way.

Yes I'm serious and I play an almost-perma-stealth TR, that's how I know these counters work.

Again, but I'm afraid you'll just ignore it again, stealth is NOT invisibility, TR's can be targeted (and killed, dazed, choked, iceknifed and whatnot) while stealthed.

I'll grant you though, CW's are worst at it, and so they make excellent TR targets.
  • Options
    armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think this is the first generation that was never taught by their parents or "village" the honor in losing, or even how to do it gracefully. You learn so much more by losing than you ever do by winning. But our lil snowflakes just cannot bear to endure the pain of it. Oh My.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yes I'm serious and I play an almost-perma-stealth TR, that's how I know these counters work.

Again, but I'm afraid you'll just ignore it again, stealth is NOT invisibility, TR's can be targeted (and killed, dazed, choked, iceknifed and whatnot) while stealthed.

I'll grant you though, CW's are worst at it, and so they make excellent TR targets.
    almost-perma-stealth TR

You got the answer.
    Did you read what I wrote? "I have to hope that he makes a mistake and decloak for a millisecond"
    Yes that's what I need to hit him... But that's not even possible if he is perma-cloaked and plays well.

And again.. I know you will ignore it... You cant be targeted unless you decloak for a small period of time... Then even you cloak again you will be hit by anything I throwed on you while you are decloaked. It would mostly something that holds you in place or gives you time damage (Except you are immune). As long as the animation for the spell is running I can hit you with anything I have (You are sort of visible for that time.).
    But that requires that you make a mistake and decloaks yourself. That's why its not a counter-attack, its just a ****ing coincidence.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Its slightly off topic, but most GWF and GFs seem much more OP than "perma"-stealth rogues. If we all decided to protest about what we view as an OP class/build by leaving pvp matches, the game is going to be in a bit of trouble don't you think?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Its slightly off topic, but most GWF and GFs seem much more OP than "perma"-stealth rogues. If we all decided to protest about what we view as an OP class/build by leaving pvp matches, the game is going to be in a bit of trouble don't you think?

GWF and GF are counterable, perma-stealth is not. But that's not the point.
    The point is "bug"-using people should not be supported and I refuse to play with them.

The game is in trouble already. Don't worry. It starts with bots and ends with bug-using.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You got the answer.
    Did you read what I wrote? "I have to hope that he makes a mistake and decloak for a millisecond"
    Yes that's what I need to hit him... But that's not even possible if he is perma-cloaked and plays well.

I read it, and you are very wrong. In how many ways do I need to tell you that when you are close enough to a stealthed TR you can see him in order for you to understand that when you get close enough to a stealthed TR you can actually see him?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I read it, and you are very wrong. In how many ways do I need to tell you that when you are close enough to a stealthed TR you can see him in order for you to understand that when you get close enough to a stealthed TR you can actually see him?

How many times do I have tell you that a good TR don't let anybody get too close to him. As if he don't see me coming... You would be playing like a **** if you don't move away... A real perma-cloaked TR spams knives from a distance. That's enough to perma camp a point and binds players (GF or GWF, since there are the only one who can survive long enough) which are needed somewhere else. No chance for GF to kill the perma-cloaked. He is plainly too slow. The CW and TR cant even live that long. Not even to mention the Cleric.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    How many times do I have tell you that a good TR don't let anybody get too close to him. As if he don't see me coming... You would be playing like a **** if you don't move away... A real perma-cloaked TR spams knives from a distance. That's enough to perma camp a point and binds players (GF or GWF, since there are the only one who can survive long enough) which are needed somewhere else. No chance for GF to kill the perma-cloaked. He is plainly too slow. The CW and TR cant even live that long. Not even to mention the Cleric.

You do know that once a TR moves, CoS resets back and hardly does any damage anymore, right?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    GWF and GF are counterable, perma-stealth is not. But that's not the point.
    The point is "bug"-using people should not be supported and I refuse to play with them.

The game is in trouble already. Don't worry. It starts with bots and ends with bug-using.

That is your opinion- to me a "perma"-stealth rogue is much easier to counter than a well built and played GWF or GF. Game is fine for just starting apart from the lack of a leavers penalty and the ad reward for losing. Well at least pre-60 its fine.
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So you are upset a bunch of randoms dont want to get smashed by your premade??!?!?

Try to set up matches with another premade if you want a challenge. Or did you just want to farm pugs and are upset they are leaving before you get the chance?
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    armenua wrote: »
    I think this is the first generation that was never taught by their parents or "village" the honor in losing, or even how to do it gracefully. You learn so much more by losing than you ever do by winning. But our lil snowflakes just cannot bear to endure the pain of it. Oh My.

SO MUCH THIS.

Didn't any of you schlubs play Little League or Youth Soccer or even pickup games of football or basketball in your neighborhood growing up? Quitting is poison. It's shunned in a team game. You quit on your team, you should be shunned.
This discussion has been closed.