test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leavers aka Rage Quitters are ruining our pvp community one match at a time

axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
In the last ~50 random pvp matches I did, at least 2+ players have rage quit due to how well we were doing.

It leaves us against a few players, who often hide in there spawn as they realise they have no chance, and us to be bored while they reap the benefits of leaving and joining a new match against probably lesser opponents (probably bots).

It's a horribly uncaring thing to do, and shows complete and utter disrespect for others. As you waste 5 players time to improve your own. Is your time more important than 5 players ? How ? Why?

Answer: It's not. You're a mean, uncaring, inconsiderate person if you do that.

Personally would never give up, I'd fight 1v5 to the last breath.

So please, to anyone with a conscious: Never do this, if you did in the past and didn't understand how upsetting and unfair it is to other, please reconsider what your doing to teh community.

I mean my very last match against I think a spanish guild - full 5 man perform, I queued up with only 1 - girl in my guild on a cleric. We did happen to wind up with a third guildy random as my guild is big and we love pvp.. But yea, other 2 were random.

After we gained the first 100 points, the entire enemy team rage quit in unison.

I mean Crush It is a top pvp guild, I can understand there fear of us.. But thats just so unfair to us.

We send them a tell asking why, there response:
1 guy DC'd. So because 1 guy had poor internet, the guy who made that call: You wasted not only 5 of our time, but your other 3 guildies who may have wanted to continue. You are not a good person.

Afterwards we even offered to requeue and do a 5v5 when there DC'd player got back.
There reponse:
Yes.
We waited 10 minutes for them to form.
Once the other guy got back on, they declined and did gauntlgrym.

Wasted 15 minutes of our time. we got nothing out of it.

Please respect each others time in pvp. Everyones time is valuable, and yours isn't more so than others.

(ps devs: You could easily fix this by debuffing players who rage quit - Set them at -100% glory gain for the next 24 hours, and -10% damage delt in the next pvp match for deserting)
-Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
-Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
Post edited by axer128 on

Comments

• derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    In the last ~50 random pvp matches I did, at least 2+ players have rage quit due to how well we were doing.

It leaves us against a few players, who often hide in there spawn as they realise they have no chance, and us to be bored while they reap the benefits of leaving and joining a new match against probably lesser opponents (probably bots).

It's a horribly uncaring thing to do, and shows complete and utter disrespect for others. As you waste 5 players time to improve your own. Is your time more important than 5 players ? How ? Why?

So please, to anyone with a conscious: Never do this, if you did in the past and didn't understand how upsetting and unfair it is to other, please reconsider what your doing to teh community.

I mean my very last match against I think a spanish guild - full 5 man perform, I queued up with only 1 - girl in my guild on a cleric. We did happen to wind up with a third guildy random as my guild is big and we love pvp.. But yea, other 2 were random.

After we gained the first 100 points, the entire enemy team rage quit in unison.

I mean Crush It is a top pvp guild, I can understand there fear of us.. But thats just so unfair to us.

1 guy DC'd. So because 1 guy had poor internet, the guy who made that call: You wasted not only 5 of our time, but your other 3 guildies who may have wanted to continue. You are not a good person.

Afterwards we even offered to requeue and do a 5v5 when there DC'd player got back.
    There reponse:
    Yes.

Please respect each others time in pvp. Everyones time is valuable, and yours isn't more so than others.

(ps devs: You could easily fix this by debuffing players who rage quit - Set them at -100% glory gain for the next 24 hours, and -10% damage delt in the next pvp match for deserting)

Cry me a river .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please, if we are well and truly beating you - don't quit and ruin our experience of us rofl-stomping your team as that only wastes our time as we wait for the timer to drop.

You should do the right thing and stay connected so we can continue to beat you whilst the counter runs down.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They need to fix this with lockout timers tbh, You leave you get 15-30min lockouts to all Ques, You stand afk in spawn for more then 3 min, booted and same thing. It not only ruins the game for the team you're playing with if you leave, the other team only get about half the Glory for the match aswell. Considering: If one leaves, everyone else does it aswell.
  • velsparwisen1velsparwisen1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    They need to fix this with lockout timers tbh, You leave you get 15-30min lockouts to all Ques, You stand afk in spawn for more then 3 min, booted and same thing. It not only ruins the game for the team you're playing with if you leave, the other team only get about half the Glory for the match aswell. Considering: If one leaves, everyone else does it aswell.

It's a nice idea that was implemented in WoW, however the "deserter debuff" in that game only made bots even more prevalent as they do not want to be penalized for leaving a game early. An instant replacement would be ideal.
  • merinfelmerinfel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well that's what happens when someone does not pick the class that can shut u down and kill you before you have even a chance to enter a command in.
  • dryspelldryspell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    team full of randoms vs premades doesnt make things easies either. there should be 2 ques one for all randoms and one for premades that would solve a bunch of issues aswell. for that matter they could do ques based of gear score. and lockout timers is def a good idea to addon to what ive said. theres plenty of things they could be doin.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Its not rage quiting. Its called moving on to another PvP match to get glory. If you stay then you are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If you leave then you get more glory. Kinda a no brainer.

My time since time is the most precious thing is more valuable then 5 players time. I don't know them.

There is nothing to fear from crush it or any other guild premade. /leave is just a hard counter and you get no glory. so you are owned.

This is a pretty bad troll thread I enjoyed it. Time to leave a match when I see crush it so I can ROFL.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pretty sure I am going to start leaving just because of this post.
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can leave as well you know. Just move to the next game.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • akmadjdakmadjd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its not rage quiting. Its called moving on to another PvP match to get glory. If you stay then you are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If you leave then you get more glory. Kinda a no brainer.

My time since time is the most precious thing is more valuable then 5 players time. I don't know them.

There is nothing to fear from crush it or any other guild premade. /leave is just a hard counter and you get no glory. so you are owned.

This is a pretty bad troll thread I enjoyed it. Time to leave a match when I see crush it so I can ROFL.

Exactly...right now there is NO penalty for leaving the game and joining a new one. The difference in glory is substantial.
    Devs should implement some system to discourage leaving OR encourage staying.

Timers? Rating system? some other creative method? Maybe the highest scoring player on losing team gets some form of glory boost? Anything...bottom line is this...
    you can stay, spend 15 minutes and get 100 glory, or go to a different game and get much more.
  • brustlebrustle Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you really want me to spend 20 minutes of my life tossing myself into a premade blender? no thanks. que solo, in freshly-dinged 60 green gear: then stay in game with 2 bots on your team, against a full premade, epiced out, exploit-funded tenebrous slotted whiners. On principle. So you're not being mean.

just realized the OP was probably trolling. you got me!
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, but no one cares that people are leaving the matches you pub stomp in.

Contrary to your claims it is not ruining the pvp community. It is actually probably for the better that they can leave as they are most likely not going to enjoy playing your guild's premade at all and as anyone that is solo queing could tell you, premades are the minority of those that are using the pvp queue system.

Setting a 5 minute queue penalty for leavers is fine, to prevent people from queue hopping until they get a team they feel has good odds of winning. Penalizing people for not getting spawn camped by a premade is just silly. However, adding an option to concede the match would be a good idea imo. Another way to remedy the situation that premades can't get their e-peen wax on would be to add a separate queue for premade teams of 5, leaving hte current queue for solo or duo queuers much like many succesful MOBAs do.

Forming 5 man premades to pub stomp is a horribly uncaring thing to do, and shows complete and utter disrespect for others. As you waste 5 players time to improve your own. Is your time more important than 5 players ? How ? Why?
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Join a guild. Problem solved.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • ravendireravendire Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I leave a game if I come up against a pre made team and I'm with randoms. Do I care what you think about me? No. I play this game for fun, not to be trampled by an organised group of players for 10-15 minutes. Don't blame the player, blame the developers. If your pre made could be matched to other pre made games then you wouldn't have a problem and I wouldn't have to leave.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

There reponse:
    Yes.

You play premade against pugs. What do you expect. Do you know how many times i see the same bots still running in pvp. I see dcers all the time too.

They nerfed the rewards for losing. You get gimped with a bot so you will lose and you expect people to be a punching bag for you.

Your kidding right ?

If you live for the challenge then pug on your own and only PUG.T eaming with your geared guildies and *****ing about the compeition is about the lamest thing i have ever read on these forums.

Wake the F... Up buddy.
  • noose93noose93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    We dont nesessarily need a deserter debuff either. All would be fixed with simple rating system. You gain points in mach, you gain rating. High rating players fight against high rating players and low against low. Bots would be, ofc, at the bottom, fighting each other. If one has low rating, kill a few bots and boom, you're in mid/high rating. Dont get me wrong, I'd be fine with deserter debuff, but I just think we shouldnt punish for being frustrated for playing 5 times in a row against premade, we should be rewarded for taking a stand against them, and with good luck, even win them, gaining a boost in ratings.
  • kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    @OP
    Which benefit do you enjoy for leaving? That game does not count for the 4 games you need for the Daily PvP AD reward and you do not gain any glory. The only benefit you get is not wasting your time getting GY camped or simply trashed but you still lose.
    This game needs serious improvments in PvP before we can talk about a leaver penalty.
    noose93 wrote: »
    We dont nesessarily need a deserter debuff either. All would be fixed with simple rating system. You gain points in mach, you gain rating. High rating players fight against high rating players and low against low. Bots would be, ofc, at the bottom, fighting each other. If one has low rating, kill a few bots and boom, you're in mid/high rating. Dont get me wrong, I'd be fine with deserter debuff, but I just think we shouldnt punish for being frustrated for playing 5 times in a row against premade, we should be rewarded for taking a stand against them, and with good luck, even win them, gaining a boost in ratings.

No that won't work, it would just lower the population rastically. We need more separations between different type of PvP players and therefore the current mode must be retained and additional incentives and filters added on top of balancing the classes more.
    capgarnas wrote: »
    You play premade against pugs. What do you expect. Do you know how many times i see the same bots still running in pvp. I see dcers all the time too.

They nerfed the rewards for losing. You get gimped with a bot so you will lose and you expect people to be a punching bag for you.

Your kidding right ?

If you live for the challenge then pug on your own and only PUG.T eaming with your geared guildies and *****ing about the compeition is about the lamest thing i have ever read on these forums.

Wake the F... Up buddy.

So true even though the words of choice are a bit crass.
    ravendire wrote: »
    I leave a game if I come up against a pre made team and I'm with randoms. Do I care what you think about me? No. I play this game for fun, not to be trampled by an organised group of players for 10-15 minutes. Don't blame the player, blame the developers. If your pre made could be matched to other pre made games then you wouldn't have a problem and I wouldn't have to leave.

Also a good point.
    Join a guild. Problem solved.

Join a guild, get told how to specc and play if you don't play the fotm <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Yes pllix!!11 /sarcasm
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    laudon1 wrote: »
    You can leave as well you know. Just move to the next game.

No I can't often, because i'm not a horrible person and I do care about the 1-3 that may be left. I will continue to fight that one guy who wants to finish the match to earn his daily/glory.

Sure if all 5 enemies have left and all the points are capped, I obviously note that fact to me team and leave as it doesn't hurt anyone. But the problem is when individuals do it - The others left behinds get screwed.

When theres just 1-3 left, I generally offer to 1v1 them, so its not boring or unfair for them.

And no this isn't just premades vs randoms. This happens when I solo queue very frequently.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Note to all disrespectful people in this thread: All of your post breaking the forum rules will be reported. Please refrain from continuing with that, this is not intended to troll anyone.

If you do find yourself against a Crush It premade that i'm in and find yourself having a hard time , you can ask us for 1v1s or anything else. We are all nice people that will communicate and work with you to enjoy our pvp matches.

We don't like destroying ungeared randoms much either, we queue up and hope to face the strongest opponents and get a good challenge.
  • logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I always leave a game if one of my teammates or enemies is a perma-cloaked TR. Even if we are winning.

I'm protesting against this kind of allowed bug-using.
    edited July 2013
    logancaine wrote: »
    I always leave a game if one of my teammates or enemies is a perma-cloaked TR. Even if we are winning.

What your doing is ruining the community and wasting others time actually, since theres no clear evidence thats a bug.
    edited July 2013
    What your doing is ruining the community and wasting others time actually, since theres no clear evidence thats a bug.

Everything that kicks the game completely out of balance is a bug and has to be fixed. Period.
    It doesn't mater if its a programing bug or a design bug. Like the Tenebrouses... Those are game-design bugs.

If you want to play with me.. Don't be a perma-cloaked TR.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

This is pretty much it in a nut shell. It is the reason why a leavers penalty (I think a 15-30 min lockout on all queues would be best) is completely necessary. The culture of the game has become, if you don't like it, for whatever reason, just leave. Don't worry that you are ruining the game for everyone else in that pvp match. It is really quite absurd, no wonder every other mmo/moba has a penalty in place to prevent this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Everything that kicks the game completely out of balance is a bug and has to be fixed. Period.
    It doesn't mater if its a programing bug or a design bug. Like the Tenebrouses... Those are game-design bugs.

If you want to play with me.. Don't be a perma-cloaked TR.

See? This has just gotten totally out of hand, its unbelievable that this kind of thing can be allowed to happen in an mmo in 2013. I hope alarm bells are going off for someone who has any control over this game, because the implications of a post like this are enormous.
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The problem is that usually when you stomp someone they are already 4, or they have 2 bots in team. It's bad when this happens yeah, but what would happen with the OP suggestion? Nothing. Afk would not be punished. Better do this way: when you reach 600 score you win if other team is not at least at 100, and could be even more. A surrender system would be useless since the large amount of afk or bot in the game.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    See? This has just gotten totally out of hand, its unbelievable that this kind of thing can be allowed to happen in an mmo in 2013. I hope alarm bells are going off for someone who has any control over this game, because the implications of a post like this are enormous.

They are able to make a choice how they spend their time.

If you dont want to deal with broken mechanics you shouldnt have to. People wont leave the match they will leave the game if you force them.

If the devs bring in deserters buffs and allow premades to queue at the same time people will leave this game. A good premade stacking gear and skill just destroys PUGS.

Most people want a fair fight. A premade team is not a fair fight especially full guild with voice comms.

Do you really think you start the match in a fair manner, its it an even chance for the pug team. No its not. You dont respect them, why should they have to respect you.

It cant be that hard to understand.
    edited July 2013

If you dont want to deal with broken mechanics you shouldnt have to. People wont leave the match they will leave the game if you force them.

If the devs bring in deserters buffs and allow premades to queue at the same time people will leave this game. A good premade stacking gear and skill just destroys PUGS.

Most people want a fair fight. A premade team is not a fair fight especially full guild with voice comms.

Do you really think you start the match in a fair manner, its it an even chance for the pug team. No its not. You dont respect them, why should they have to respect you.

This!
    PvP is broken. Balance is broken. People uses the game bugs. I choose not to play with those people... Any problem with that?
  • kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Yes they really should look into perma stealth because it is utterly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Luckily so far not many rogues of that sort exist. Or at least allow us to fire single target abilities freely as well without the need to lock onto a target. That way I could at least try to hit the rogue in stealth.
    edited July 2013

First I don't play in a pre-made in NW, the people I know are still playing in GW2 or Tera. I hate getting pub-stomped by pre-mades as much as anyone else. But people do not just leave games because they are up against a premade, they leave for any little reason.

You talk about choice? Every time a person leaves for some dumb-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> reason like there is a "perma stealth rogue in the game" that leaver is ruining the game for all 9 other players. That one person belittles the choice made by the other 9 players, and leaves them with little choice but to quit themselves.

Furthermore putting a leavers penalty in does not take away choice; it actually gives you a real choice. When you queue for pvp you make the choice to stay through to the end, even if you are getting hammered, even if there is an OP GWF that 4 of you can't kill; you make the choice to play or pay. It also protects the choice that the other 9 members made when they decided to play.
    edited July 2013
    First I don't play in a pre-made in NW, the people I know are still playing in GW2 or Tera. I hate getting pub-stomped by pre-mades as much as anyone else. But people do not just leave games because they are up against a premade, they leave for any little reason.

You talk about choice? Every time a person leaves for some dumb-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> reason like there is a "perma stealth rogue in the game" that leaver is ruining the game for all 9 other players. That one person belittles the choice made by the other 9 players, and leaves them with little choice but to quit themselves.

Furthermore putting a leavers penalty in does not take away choice; it actually gives you a real choice. When you queue for pvp you make the choice to stay through to the end, even if you are getting hammered, even if there is an OP GWF that 4 of you can't kill; you make the choice to play or pay. It also protects the choice that the other 9 members made when they decided to play.

Nice point not buying though.

Im not going to make up for the developers mistakes. Why should i waste my time. Stomped by overbuffed melee stacking tenes. No thanks. So many matches you see exactly what you stated 1v4 smack talking GWF,s. Fun fun.... stealth based cos spamming rogues. Great times. Press 2 buttons FTW. Saw one in my last match smack talking a CW.

Said run ***** as the CW was forced to leave the point. Caught him while boasting and ganked his lame ....

Maybe the devs should fix those broken mechanics first.
This discussion has been closed.