test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OMG Cryptic thats really Lazy !!!!!

xphantasmxxphantasmx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was extremely surprised when i purchased the new tiger R3 mount.
It looks awesome , but what really happened was cryptic painted the panther , threw a saddle on it and sold it as a mount!!
It has the same animations as the panther , even sits backs to paw its face with the rider on its back , you hit the space bar and it has exactly the same animations as the heavy howler , for heavens sake how lazy could you guys get????
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by xphantasmx on

Comments

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    xphantasmx wrote: »
    It looks awesome , but what really happened was cryptic painted the panther , threw a saddle on it and sold it as a mount!!
    It has the same animations as the panther , even sits backs to paw its face with the rider on its back , you hit the space bar and it has exactly the same animations as the heavy howler , for heavens sake how lazy could you guys get????

Can we see some of your examples of what you would have put in instead?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @theviking2006 log into game and find someone with a tiger mount , you will soon see what i mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    @theviking2006 log into game and find someone with a tiger mount , you will soon see what i mean.

Im not saying its lazy on their part, but did you even read what I wrote? Do you have anything better you could contribute to the game?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yep i read what you wrote m8 and i answered you , want a drawing ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yep i read what you wrote m8 and i answered you , want a drawing ?

Nope full models with animations. Lets see what you can do m8.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Im not a programer m8 , but if cryptic wants to sell R3 purple mounts they could at least make them worth the money they cost and have them unique , not with the same animations as other mounts !!
    Honestly it demonstrates a lack of respect for those who actually pay money for a r3 unique mount and all you are actually getting is a painted skin.
    Its not about what i can do or not , its about misleading people into thinking they are buying something new and unique!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Im not a programer m8 , but if cryptic wants to sell R3 purple mounts they could at least make them worth the money they cost and have them unique , not with the same animations as other mounts !!
    Honestly it demonstrates a lack of respect for those who actually pay money for a r3 unique mount and all you are actually getting is a painted skin.
    Its not about what i can do or not , its about misleading people into thinking they are buying something new and unique!!

FYI you dont need to be a programmer to do a model, and only minimal programming knowledge is needed for animations, if you even want to go that route.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    FYI you dont need to be a programmer to do a model, and only minimal programming knowledge is needed for animations, if you even want to go that route.

Doesn't even need minimal programming knowledge.
    Video evidence through FRAPS/streaming/etc should be just fine.
    .-.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Well if you purchased it then it must have value to you...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    i would like to see the paintings :D
  • Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ask them if you can get your money back. .. .. .. .. HAHA j/k
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's called cookie cutter, it's all marketing, there's no time to be creative in their capitalistic world, time is money and money is time.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bait and switch are the hallmarks of this game. It is unfortunate that development is so preoccupied with designing strategies to trick people out of money.

Just look at all the shady shell games in the game, the psychological tricks, the obfuscations and imagine how cool the game could be if that effort had gone into making the game itself a great place for players.

But I’m not so sure there even is development here. I think the devs are actually working on other things and occasionally get a memo to find an extra hour in the day for some work on Neverwinter.

I could be wrong… but someone would have to show up to prove it.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »
    Bait and switch are the hallmarks of this game. It is unfortunate that development is so preoccupied with designing strategies to trick people out of money.

Just look at all the shady shell games in the game, the psychological tricks, the obfuscations and imagine how cool the game could be if that effort had gone into making the game itself a great place for players.

But I’m not so sure there even is development here. I think the devs are actually working on other things and occasionally get a memo to find an extra hour in the day for some work on Neverwinter.

I could be wrong… but someone would have to show up to prove it.

^. this...ten chars
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Alright serious question.... What the hell did you expect it to do? Or Be? I mean, it's a (cat) Mount like the (Cat) Companion. Of course the D@mn things going to have similar animations or exact or w/e. Good Lord, it's not a dragon mount with a Cat design slapped on it and it flies around with wings and spits fire out of it's mouth.

I think it's good for what it does, a cat mount with Cat animations like the cat companion. Be thankful it wasn't a Wolf Mount with Cat animation.s
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Alright serious question.... What the hell did you expect it to do? Or Be? I mean, it's a (cat) Mount like the (Cat) Companion. Of course the D@mn things going to have similar animations or exact or w/e. Good Lord, it's not a dragon mount with a Cat design slapped on it and it flies around with wings and spits fire out of it's mouth.

I think it's good for what it does, a cat mount with Cat animations like the cat companion. Be thankful it wasn't a Wolf Mount with Cat animation.s
    Don't muddy the waters with half isms..its not SIMILAR..it IS the panther mount..WITH THE SAME animations.How much you wanna bet for Christmas we get a star mask with a different texture lol..cmon..wake up ppl.
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It is really strange to ask a customer to do something themselves.
    It's like a person is saying, You know, guys, your new book is basically the same as the old one.
    And people reply, write your own book and the publisher will sell it to you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    nikitaoz wrote: »
    It is really strange to ask a customer to do something themselves.
    It's like a person is saying, You know, guys, your new book is basically the same as the old one.
    And people reply, write your own book and the publisher will sell it to you.

well when you think about it that's what suggestion boxes are."We don't know how to run our own business..Make a suggestion!"
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @ zjesminz LOL
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Tiger looks a lot like the panther in the advertising, so no surprise there. I saw one a bit ago and it looked pretty cool, and that's what matters for such a thing.
    Same with the zen-mage, and so many other mobs and companions, they swap powers around. I reckon that's part of the Foundry too. Kinda like a Frankenstein thing... ;)
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't muddy the waters with half isms..its not SIMILAR..it IS the panther mount..WITH THE SAME animations.How much you wanna bet for Christmas we get a star mask with a different texture lol..cmon..wake up ppl.

I still fail to see any issues with this. Why would you program an entire new feline model when you have one already? It's not lazy or unprofessional, look at other MMO's and see how many of them use the same models with new skins and effects throughout the game.

Even WoW does it, the human mounts, warlock mounts, paladin mounts and undead mounts all use the same basic model and animations set with different skins.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Oh come on man, it's a Tiger Mount, even if it uses the same animations as the panther companion. At least the O.p has a nice rank 3 mount to ride around on, even if it cleans it's self like the panther companion. :D
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Member Posts: 1,399 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Implying that NW is getting "leftover" dev time is asinine. Come to Champions and see what developer neglect REALLY looks like.
    op6on.png
    KWRussell // PRIMUS // Twitter // Spotify
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please refrain from posting non-constructive GIF or image only posts. Thanks.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    One of the BIG faults with their business zen store model is: "there is no back story for these Mounts"..They have no history in the game..they're not seen in the game anywhere..being ridden by NPCs...being referenced to...they just drop from Zen heaven and "appear". Very unimaginative....sure you have a new tiger mount...The circus passed through and forgot to load up the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> white ones when they left.Have a white tiger!
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Implying that NW is getting "leftover" dev time is asinine. Come to Champions and see what developer neglect REALLY looks like.

As a Champions player I must bow to your superior logic.

P.S. This forum engine has an allergy to tick marks and some punctuation and apostrophes. Perhaps it was developed "in house".