test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OMG Cryptic thats really Lazy !!!!!

Comments

• chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    One of the BIG faults with their business zen store model is: "there is no back story for these Mounts"..They have no history in the game..they're not seen in the game anywhere..being ridden by NPCs...being referenced to...they just drop from Zen heaven and "appear". Very unimaginative....sure you have a new tiger mount...The circus passed through and forgot to load up the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> white ones when they left.Have a white tiger!

I still remember my first ever mount I got in AD&D. My Dungeon Master allowed for me as a Paladin to have a Winged Pegasus, which he later killed off that same night. I was forever scared, but it would be cool to have a winged Pegasus in this game, so long as it doesn't die.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just wish they'd let us copy mount appearances. So my rank 3 mount can look like the ones I like better.

For example: I like the orange tiger better than the white. Yes, I know you can upgrade them. But buying the orange for for $25 then paying another $50 worth of AD to upgrade it is unacceptable (imo).
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • p0kerzp0kerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, here's my problem with the tiger mounts:
    What is the point of having all these different rank mounts? I want the orange tiger mount but I want it to be rank 3 but **** buying the training manual for it because that is like 6k zen value when they could have just released another rank 3 orange tiger mount for 3500 zen as well.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But then if they let you change the appearance how would they sell those training manuals?
  • p0kerzp0kerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    I just wish they'd let us copy mount appearances. So my rank 3 mount can look like the ones I like better.

For example: I like the orange tiger better than the white. Yes, I know you can upgrade them. But buying the orange for for $25 then paying another $50 worth of AD to upgrade it is unacceptable (imo).

lol...posted same thoughts at same time
    edited July 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »
    But then if they let you change the appearance how would they sell those training manuals?

Really doubt they are selling all that many of them anyway. At least not the 2 million AD rank 3 upgrade. Its nearly 3 million AD for both books. Upgrading a single mount to rank 3 should never cost more than just buying a Zen shop rank 3 mount for all your characters.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Implying that NW is getting "leftover" dev time is asinine. Come to Champions and see what developer neglect REALLY looks like.

The last sentence should've read:
    "Come to Champions and see what is in store for Neverwinter in two to three years."

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Exactly what a F2P game has to offer.....
    reskinned hats and horses....

enjoy the heck out of it....you aint getting much more than that. Now...unless you have more money to part with....kindly make way for the sucker behind you please.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xphantasmx wrote: »
    Yep i read what you wrote m8 and i answered you , want a drawing ?

I... Lol'ed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    when it comes down to it, "Vanity" items implies you need to have a group of "peers' to be vain in front of. My guild has stopped playing..over half of my friends list has stopped playing. I have no one in game who gives a rats <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> what im riding or wearing or anything so yea..one hand washes the other and in the last three patches we have seen one thing getting all the attention while the other needed things are not..and that's vanity items. So..keep focusing on how we look while you lose your player base.
  • matronymatrony Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
    edited July 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »

They make the training manuals cost so much to entice players to purchase their zen mounts but currently, they don't offer enough color variations with the rank 3 mounts (such as offering a rank 3 orange tiger). I'd purchase a rank 3 orange tiger if they offered one but there's no way I'm going to purchase a 2500 zen rank 2 orange tiger and buy that training manual (which is absurdly overpriced, but the reason these are overpriced is to encourage zen purchasing...paradox). So, in this case, their line of thinking is working against them because their customers want different color variations from the zen store at the rank 3 quality. I just think selling the rank 1/2 mounts are not as productive anyways especially with the current training manual costs. In summary, here are some options that Neverwinter could act upon to make this whole mount system better:
    1) Either lower the cost of training manuals considerably (by like 75%) and still keep their normal ****ty rank1/2 mounts in zen store
    OR
    2) Take out rank1/2 mounts and offer more rank 3 mount variations. They could maybe still keep some rank 1s in there for the newcomers that don't want to pay that much and just want a starter mount for each character.

Another thought I just came up with is to consider a player that refuses to spend real money. The player levels up and buys their ****ty 5g rank 1 mount. The next step is to rank their mount up w/ the 768k AD rank 2 training manual. Well, if the player realizes he can just transfer that to zen which is about 2400 zen currently, he can just save up a little more to get the 2500 rank 3 horse or even save longer for a 3500 zen mount. So, a player that doesn't want to spend real money should never want to buy a training manual. And, even w/ players that spend real money, they shouldn't want to buy those manuals if they had common sense.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, let me throw this into the discussion instead of starting a new thread. How about the developers of this game give us something otherwise of new companions or mounts. When are we going to see a new class? How about that new race that has been in development forever and a fricken day. Where's my ranger, or druid, or monk. Or a abjuration wizard, or sorcerer or anything like that.

But, but, but, we have yet another companion for you!
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    A. the fight at the beginning of this thread is... weird - turn on game and look lol. The point was about laziness. And B. this thread could be combined with the one on the star mask. Have we run out of ideas devs? I think maybe youneed more interns or ask us more often. Loved when you asked about new pets - but then they gave us a pig... OMG- there were some good ideas and thats what they picked?
    It is either a lack of people to work so they are taking shortcuts, or they don't want the game to have staying power (and I doubt the latter, because there are some very dedicated people.) - so what gives? I know you have heard the phrase 'intern'.
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    Well, let me throw this into the discussion instead of starting a new thread. How about the developers of this game give us something otherwise of new companions or mounts. When are we going to see a new class? How about that new race that has been in development forever and a fricken day. Where's my ranger, or druid, or monk. Or a abjuration wizard, or sorcerer or anything like that.

But, but, but, we have yet another companion for you!

Because they surely have different teams doing different tasks. And like the first poster said, they took the same animations as other mounts/companions, so it was easy.

Really, I think this is a moot point. Don't like it? Don't buy it. It gives more choice to the players and that's fine
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They're gonna squeeze every dime out of you that they can. Ever notice that when you have no lock boxes in your inventory you receive lock boxes up til 20? That's not coincidence..that's design.
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They're gonna squeeze every dime out of you that they can. Ever notice that when you have no lock boxes in your inventory you receive lock boxes up til 20? That's not coincidence..that's design.
    That's because people got SWAMPED with lockboxes in Champions Online.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Really, I can count the number of Lockboxes my main picked up on her journey to level 60 on my hands without using my thumbs.
    edited July 2013
    whenever i used to buy keys for lockboxes(until i realized it was a money scheme) I would always joke with my BF "Well i guess they know I don't have anymore..so..I'll start getting some"..and without fail I always did.
    edited July 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Really, I can count the number of Lockboxes my main picked up on her journey to level 60 on my hands without using my thumbs.

how many of those did you buy Zen for and then buy keys for?
  • zikkszikks Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nope full models with animations. Lets see what you can do m8.

Well if Cryptic wants to expand upon the foundry idea by coming up with a way for us to create mounts, modules, races, classes that are in spirit with the rest of the game I'm sure it would show how horribly understaffed they are.
    edited July 2013
    zikks wrote: »
    Well if Cryptic wants to expand upon the foundry idea by coming up with a way for us to create mounts, modules, races, classes that are in spirit with the rest of the game I'm sure it would show how horribly understaffed they are.

The funny thing is another game already beat them to that idea.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    That is lazy. They shouldn't release more garbage when stuff is broke. Maybe they need more money to work on all the bugged stuff.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All the money is going to developing next game, 'Project X' i think it was called.
    :rolleyes:
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • brustlebrustle Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lazy, or clever? personally whenever someone tells me I'm being "lazy", I hear "efficient"
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    All the money is going to developing next game, 'Project X' i think it was called.
    :rolleyes:

I thought it was Project X and Y
  • altreloaltrelo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really don't see why it's such a bad thing...
  • blondesolidblondesolid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    I expect nothing less than LOTS of copy/paste store/content. Generic game gonna get generic updates.