test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are we sharing costumes between games?

flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
4ebb7b86da152b24fde06c46f353bbff1372461981.jpg

Did that Lliira chick just borrow something from Champions Online?

The Superhero dude from the left...His mask....

Cstore_Display_Goldenage_01.png

:p
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
And playing by myself since Aug 2009
Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about kittens ?
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    4ebb7b86da152b24fde06c46f353bbff1372461981.jpg

Did that Lliira chick just borrow something from Champions Online?

The Superhero dude from the left...His mask....

Cstore_Display_Goldenage_01.png

So that's what happened to Captain America, he changed costumes and replaced his shield with a buckler.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the ... cough... 'New' content Cryptic, anyone might start wonder what your actually doing with your time with all these **** n paste jobs going on..
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmmm... if it's that easy to pull stuff in from CO / STO... I could think of a few things I'd like to have over here...
    Norse Helmet and a few others...
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, it's not the same proportions or color, so it looks like a new model/texture/etc. The idea, no, that's not new. But it's not like they just took assets from one game and shoved it in another - it doesn't work that way.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Well, it's not the same proportions or color, so it looks like a new model/texture/etc. The idea, no, that's not new. But it's not like they just took assets from one game and shoved it in another - it doesn't work that way.

It absolutely does work that way.

That's the point of all the games running the same engine.

That's why they can just take assets, like animations, from one game and shove them into another.

This mask looks pretty much the same, with the points of the star just tweaked a little bit.

And come on, the colors? Easiest thing to change.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Like mr. biffsmackwell so well said, that's how it works.
    Things we've seen. Lots of you have no idea.

The actual point of this thread was, if it had any, they have ported stuff from CO to both STO and NW. But, it doesn't seem to work otherway around. So, y'all can thank CO for the mounts and stuff you have here. And the Foundry...
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The actual point of this thread was, if it had any, they have ported stuff from CO to both STO and NW. But, it doesn't seem to work otherway around. So, y'all can thank CO for the mounts and stuff you have here. And the Foundry...

the mounts...ehe...I didn't know that in CO one of the travels power was Spider riding :p
    edited July 2013
    They said in CO it cannot be done with current engine. Out comes On Alert! "expancion" and....Hover Bikes!
    Out comes NW with upgraded engine and *KHAZA-DHOOOM!!* rideable mounts!
    So ergo, CO is the origin of NW mounts.
    'Nuff Said.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It absolutely does work that way.

That's the point of all the games running the same engine.

That's why they can just take assets, like animations, from one game and shove them into another.

This mask looks pretty much the same, with the points of the star just tweaked a little bit.

And come on, the colors? Easiest thing to change.

So, no response the the part where it's clearly not the same model, so it can't be just an asset copied over. (just looked at it again, the nose structure is entirely different, too...)

Right, whatever. Knee-jerk complainers just gonna complain. :rolleyes:
    edited July 2013
    Yes, you're right.:o
    They didn't use any assets from the CO.:p
    I'll go sulk in my sleeping bag now.
    :rolleyes:
    edited July 2013
    So, no response the the part where it's clearly not the same model, so it can't be just an asset copied over. (just looked at it again, the nose structure is entirely different, too...)

I uhh... didn't complain.

I looked at it closer and I think you're actually right. But you're a silly person if you think they can't just copy and paste assets over.
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They said in CO it cannot be done with current engine. Out comes On Alert! "expancion" and....Hover Bikes!
    Out comes NW with upgraded engine and *KHAZA-DHOOOM!!* rideable mounts!
    So ergo, CO is the origin of NW mounts.
    'Nuff Said.
    Hover Bikes? We drows should petition Lolth that She updates our spiders to those Hover something :p
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I uhh... didn't complain.

I looked at it closer and I think you're actually right. But you're a silly person if you think they can't just copy and paste assets over.

Oh they could, but did they? No they didnt
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Shouldn't the question be rather, 'if you can share assets between games, why the heck did you choose THAT one?'.
    That's the question I would have asked.
  • neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It may not be the exact same asset, but it does just show you how little creativity Cryptic has when it comes to content.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 3,694 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Right, so they add a couple extra polygons and better mapping and it's automatically "different." LMAO!

In the words of meme condescending Wonka:

willy-wonka-you-must-be-new-here.jpg
    edited July 2013

And you are so sure of yourself.
    Where did you get your info? Pulled it from thin air?
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Right, so they add a couple extra polygons and better mapping and it's automatically "different." LMAO!

In the words of meme condescending Wonka:

willy-wonka-you-must-be-new-here.jpg

Yes changing the model and giving it better mapping does mean it is different. Or did you fail Game Design 101.
    edited July 2013
    Seems we have here a Real Game Designer. What games have you made?
    edited July 2013
    Seems we have here a Real Game Designer. What games have you made?

Currently in progress of a title for Android.
    edited July 2013
    Oh, that explains it all then.
    edited July 2013
    Oh, that explains it all then.

And the games you have worked on/ are working on?
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, i'm working on plumbing business atm. Masters degree on flushing down turds.
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, i'm working on plumbing business atm. Masters degree on flushing down turds.

Ah so nothing actually constructive to say about this. Just complaining to complain.
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why doesn't someone ask the question, if they can share in game assets, why can't they hook up Core Connect for crying out loud. And why does NW crash so much more than CO? And why does NW disconnect so much more than CO? I think maybe they are sharing the wrong assets.
    edited July 2013

Not this particular time, no. But they have, and will.

Mind you, I'm not against copying assets from one game and putting them into the other. That's one of the main perks of sharing a game engine. I just wish the asset sharing went both ways a little more often.
    edited July 2013
    Yes. It's all about complaining.
    Good thing you've been so constructive about things.
    edited July 2013
    Not this particular time, no. But they have, and will.

Mind you, I'm not against copying assets from one game and putting them into the other. That's one of the main perks of sharing a game engine. I just wish the asset sharing went both ways a little more often.

To me it would depend on what they are sharing. Character creation from CO? Hell yeah!
    Costumes from CO? Uhh...no
    edited July 2013
    Why doesn't someone ask the question, if they can share in game assets, why can't they hook up Core Connect for crying out loud. And why does NW crash so much more than CO? And why does NW disconnect so much more than CO? I think maybe they are sharing the wrong assets.

Have you've been playing CO recently. The disconnecting is quite bad there.
    And Core Connect... It just doesn't work with Cryptic Games. And who actually uses it? We got ARC now.:rolleyes: