test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are we sharing costumes between games?

Comments

• clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Like how Thor was overshadowed in The Avengers? Didnt he have his own movie as well with a sequel coming up?

Cap's going to have another movie too. Oh, and Iron Man has had three so far. Spider Man had three, plus a reboot. Supes just got a reboot. Batman had two and a half films of reboot. Your point is....?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seriously?

That "star-mask" is so utterly awful that I wouldn't put one on any of my toons if a) they gave me it for free and b) paid me 25 Zen an hour to wear it.

If this is Cryptic's idea of good cosmetics then they need to sack whoever is in charge of that area of game development.

My 6 year old nephew could do better.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Cap's going to have another movie too. Oh, and Iron Man has had three so far. Spider Man had three, plus a reboot. Supes just got a reboot. Batman had two and a half films of reboot. Your point is....?

Its not about who has movies. Its about a Superhero who is "fantasy" themed who isnt as overshadowed as most people think. He is a well known superhero because of the movies and the comics.
    Like how Thor was such a major title in the comics? And if I'm not mistaken, that movie didn't do as well as Iron Man, Man of Steel, The Dark knight saga, or even X-Men.

Not to mention? You look at his entire getup and it would be quite easy to say that it could work in other themes.

Yeah considering he has been around since '62 I would say he is a major title in the comics. And its not just his get up but his home and background that makes him a "fantasy" superhero.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah considering he has been around since '62 I would say he is a major title in the comics. And its not just his get up but his home and background that makes him a "fantasy" superhero.

Then let me put this in a way you might understand:

I want to play a game with superheroes. I have plenty of 'fantasy' options available should I want to add that element to a character's appearance or background. However, I want superhero stuff first. If I were dead set on being a 'fantasy' hero, I'd be playing this game or WoW. I am not, therefore I would like *Focus* on superhero and comic book things, and they can shovel the fantasy swords, elves, chainmail, and other silliness to Neverwinter.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

I want to play a game with superheroes. I have plenty of 'fantasy' options available should I want to add that element to a character's appearance or background. However, I want superhero stuff first. If I were dead set on being a 'fantasy' hero, I'd be playing this game or WoW. I am not, therefore I would like *Focus* on superhero and comic book things, and they can shovel the fantasy swords, elves, chainmail, and other silliness to Neverwinter.

And If I want to play a fantasy superhero what makes what you want worth more then what I want? Opinions thats all.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Since we are on a fantasy game's forum - my guess is that very few people here care what you want in a superhero game.

Besides superheroes can be fantasy based. Anytime you mesh different superhero types it creates some oddities. Compromise has to be made. If you have a problem with how CO does it, why are you voicing your opinion here instead of there?
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited July 2013
    And If I want to play a fantasy superhero what makes what you want worth more then what I want? Opinions thats all.

Because what you want is in a minority compared to other things, and there is already plenty. I could always demonstrate this with enough time, but you're a squabbler looking for a fight and I don't think you're even worth me writing out this ent
    edited July 2013
    Because what you want is in a minority compared to other things, and there is already plenty. I could always demonstrate this with enough time, but you're a squabbler looking for a fight and I don't think you're even worth me writing out this ent

Obviously the game companies don't think they are such a small minority. Otherwise they wouldn't cater to it.
    edited July 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Besides superheroes can be fantasy based. Anytime you mesh different superhero types it creates some oddities. Compromise has to be made. If you have a problem with how CO does it, why are you voicing your opinion here instead of there?

Because this game is out where it can be seen. And this topic is based on something between CO and Neverwhatever.

Please refer to original post kthxbai.
    edited July 2013
    Edit, NVM.

Not worth it.
    edited July 2013
    Because this game is out where it can be seen. And this topic is based on something between CO and Neverwhatever.

Please refer to original post kthxbai.

Original post has nothing to do with your dislike of fantasy in CO either.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    4ebb7b86da152b24fde06c46f353bbff1372461981.jpg

Did that Lliira chick just borrow something from Champions Online?

The Superhero dude from the left...His mask....

Cstore_Display_Goldenage_01.png

:p

I dunno, but that super hero chick on the right can sit on my mask any day...
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Like how Thor was overshadowed in The Avengers? Didnt he have his own movie as well with a sequel coming up?

I was talking numbers. Like, there's way more non-fantasy-themed superheroes than there are fantasy-themed-superheroes.

Yes he has his own movie but that's irrelevant to the point. I never said fantasy-themed superheroes don't get into movies or don't make money.
    edited July 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Original post has nothing to do with your dislike of fantasy in CO either.

Well, fantasy kids now have their own house to play in. Perhaps it should stay there. Enjoy.
    edited July 2013
    I was talking numbers. Like, there's way more non-fantasy-themed superheroes than there are fantasy-themed-superheroes.

Yes he has his own movie but that's irrelevant to the point. I never said fantasy-themed superheroes don't get into movies or don't make money.

No its true there are way more Non fantasy type superheroes out there. I could list way more then is necessary, but that doesnt mean that a Fantasy themed superhero is overshadowed by them. Thor is widely recognized, but he is also an exception which I understand.

What I dont get is why some people think that just because it is a superhero game there cant be fantasy elements as well. I like playing a superhero like Thor or Doctor Strange and Etrigan, Or hell even Green Arrow.
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hehe nice catch - Not a big fan of the mask though. Just another inventory slot it will take up. All the rest... Woot!
    edited July 2013
    What I dont get is why some people think that just because it is a superhero game there cant be fantasy elements as well. I like playing a superhero like Thor or Doctor Strange and Etrigan.

Well, how would you feel if Neverwinter was starved for content, and let's just say that Asian elements aren't your thing- but you got 5 'costume sets' and expansions based on Samurai and Ninja?
    edited July 2013
    Well, how would you feel if Neverwinter was starved for content, and let's just say that Asian elements aren't your thing- but you got 5 'costume sets' and expansions based on Samurai and Ninja?

I wouldnt care because I can accept that it is just a game, one in which that isnt catered to my likes and dislikes.
    edited July 2013
    I wouldnt care because I can accept that it is just a game, one in which that isnt catered to my likes and dislikes.

Right. Well, no one's said it should cater to what YOU want.

Hell, I'll put it to you this way: All I'm saying is that we have plenty of it. There are also plenty of fantasy games and most of us would rather see something focused on Superheroes (for a change) than to get the scraps from Neverwinter's plate.

But, I've spent enough time and you're going to defend your standpoint and so am I.

Cryptic has, fortunately, stopped with the fantasy elements on CO. I hope it stays that way. I hope Neverwinter gets all that stuff.

Also, I highly doubt you 'wouldn't care'. But I'll come back and check in 3 years when you're singing the same tune we are because Cryptic has pushed this game to the back burner for a new shiny game.
    edited July 2013
    Right. Well, no one's said it should cater to what YOU want.

Hell, I'll put it to you this way: All I'm saying is that we have plenty of it. There are also plenty of fantasy games and most of us would rather see something focused on Superheroes (for a change) than to get the scraps from Neverwinter's plate.

But, I've spent enough time and you're going to defend your standpoint and so am I.

Cryptic has, fortunately, stopped with the fantasy elements on CO. I hope it stays that way. I hope Neverwinter gets all that stuff.

Also, I highly doubt you 'wouldn't care'. But I'll come back and check in 3 years when you're singing the same tune we are because Cryptic has pushed this game to the back burner for a new shiny game.

You gave the scenario of what if something was introduced that I did not like. I told you I would act like an adult and go about my business. Its really not that hard to understand that you cant have everything your way. In superhero games there will be fantasy themes and items and characters because some people like that. That does not mean its a "slap in the face" to everyone else, they just need to act like adults.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Either way, the mask looks dumb as heck.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
    edited July 2013
    You gave the scenario of what if something was introduced that I did not like. I told you I would act like an adult and go about my business. Its really not that hard to understand that you cant have everything your way. In superhero games there will be fantasy themes and items and characters because some people like that. That does not mean its a "slap in the face" to everyone else, they just need to act like adults.

All right. Let's pretend you're not trying to be condescending. You're missing the point. And since you're a fantasy fan, I kind of expect you to go on the defensive.

However, we have a difference of opinion. Just because mine is different from yours, and I would not like to see certain things in my game and I voice an opinion against it, does not make me a 'child'. As a customer, I have every right to state what I like and dislike. It is the nature of business, and an adult actually understands that feedback and criticism is crucial to the success of a game.

You are not taking the high road. You're coming off as condescending. If you cannot understand that this is my opinion, and instead believe that your personal opinion of where fantasy belongs and does not belong somehow trumps my own- well, you're obviously not as good at this adult thing as you think.

Again, it is my opinion that our developers should focus on superhero content, yours should focus on fantasy. If we can cross every now and then, so be it. When that time to cater to something we already have plenty of is spent on doing more of that- it alienates others with different preferences. So, it's not a slap in the face, it's a disappointment- and as customers, we can voice that.

Now, do be a good boy and let's 'agree to disagree'. I don't feel like giving any more lessons.
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All right. Let's pretend you're not trying to be condescending. You're missing the point. And since you're a fantasy fan, I kind of expect you to go on the defensive.

However, we have a difference of opinion. Just because mine is different from yours, and I would not like to see certain things in my game and I voice an opinion against it, does not make me a 'child'. As a customer, I have every right to state what I like and dislike. It is the nature of business, and an adult actually understands that feedback and criticism is crucial to the success of a game.

You are not taking the high road. You're coming off as condescending. If you cannot understand that this is my opinion, and instead believe that your personal opinion of where fantasy belongs and does not belong somehow trumps my own- well, you're obviously not as good at this adult thing as you think.

Again, it is my opinion that our developers should focus on superhero content, yours should focus on fantasy. If we can cross every now and then, so be it. When that time to cater to something we already have plenty of is spent on doing more of that- it alienates others with different preferences. So, it's not a slap in the face, it's a disappointment- and as customers, we can voice that.

Now, do be a good boy and let's 'agree to disagree'. I don't feel like giving any more lessons.
    There are plenty of fantasy-based super heroes / villains (Wonder Woman, Cerces, Aquaman, Namor, Doctor Strange etc...). Enough that they SHOULD do content for them as well as for other types.
    My current CO characters have 2 "fantasy" types an Asian-esque zen swordsman type, a cyborg archer, and a gun-toting dwarven soldier...

My own preference is for them to do content for one "genre" then for another, not to mix them up too much...
    edited July 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    TMy own preference is for them to do content for one "genre" then for another, not to mix them up too much...

This, sir- I agree with. I think it should be spread evenly across the board. Sadly? It's really not.
    edited July 2013
    This, sir- I agree with. I think it should be spread evenly across the board. Sadly? It's really not.

Hopefully with Cryptic North that'll change.
  • pyroknight777pyroknight777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmm well I do hope they'd share better and cooler stuff xD Anyways,for a comment posted on page 3...CO lags and crashes more than NW for me...(sometimes my whole pc crashes cause of it)....
    _________

@pyroknight777 in the game ^_^ Don't worry if you see me stalking you...my characters are kind of "new" to social life...I mean how would you think a fire demon-turned hero would react to a girl if all he sees in hell are half-naked devilish women...
    edited July 2013
    One of the BIG things I love about the CO/STO/NW relationship is that I can chat with my friends and see if they're online regardless of which of the 3 games I'm playing.
    edited July 2013

Its one thing I really like about DCUO. The mix between fantasy and non fantasy is great.
    edited July 2013
    Its one thing I really like about DCUO. The mix between fantasy and non fantasy is great.

Yeah... they released their DLC pretty well... though when I first played it, I kept comparing it to CO LOL. I was like "did they just steal like... everything from CO?"
    edited July 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    Yeah... they released their DLC pretty well... though when I first played it, I kept comparing it to CO LOL. I was like "did they just steal like... everything from CO?"

I really need to play more CO to see the similarities, good thing these games are free or I would be pretty poor pretty quickly.