Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529g.33

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
User Interface
- Character History
* Added Save/Edit buttons
* Fixes for when Inspecting another player’s history
* Added better error messaging in cases where the updated history was invalid
- Added keybind translations for Italy, Turkey, and Poland.
- UGC Catalog now has support for Italy, Turkey, and Poland.

Systems and Items
- Duplicate ranks of the Savage enchantments now properly stack
- Many of the new potions will now properly be searchable in the Auction Hall
- Major Potions of Potency are no longer usable before level 60

Content and Environments
- Added the Celebration of Lliira!
* See the Disciple of Lliira at the Festival Information platform in Protector’s Enclave
* Light fireworks to help the celebration. Fireworks!
* Rewards
** Earn unique dye packs!
** Unique Ceremonial Mask of Lliira Fashion item!
** Fireworks!
** Unique title!
* Start time: Wednesday 7/3/13 @ 10:00am
* End time: Monday 7/8/13 @ 10:00am
* The Disciple will stay around for 2 days after the event so you can still redeem your prizes.
* More Fireworks!
- Player vs Player Maps
* You may now not target from or into starting respawn areas to help prevent fights from occurring in a desired safe area
** This means fights shouldn’t start until you jump down from the respawn area
- Dungeons
* Pirate King’s Anchor has been reintroduced into the game
- Gauntlgrym
* Removed “Soon” messages where applicable
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    regolith13regolith13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about fixing Alchemy Advancement
    Then I will celebrate
    Fireworks are nice but I spent a lot of time trying to level Alchemy and have been stuck for over a week now!

Most of my chars are stuck at full exp points bar but won't go to next level
  • Options
    tapp3r101tapp3r101 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah... if you could do something about the Devoted Cleric being absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and super boring to play, that'd be great. Also change the Life Steal on the Cleric PvP items to some more Defense instead, we're healers not damage dealers. Don't neglect the Cleric class.
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is the NPC going to reward things like enchantments that DONT WORK?? Why aren't you fixing our "prizes" from the last event? Why am I not seeing in the patch notes that your fixing the Savage Enchantments "COMPLETELY" (fixing the stacking issue is a partial fix)?? I won't be concerned with the duplicate ranks of the Savage working properly, I'm concerned with them WORKING AT ALL! Why are you releasing content that will probably be bugged instead of focusing your time on correcting the bugs that are in your current content??

Why are you wasting my time??
  • Options
    blaueblume1blaueblume1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    speak for yourself. I like the idea of a dps cleric :cool:
  • Options
    f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited July 2013
    My cleric heals just great. Have cleared all content post AS nerf. User error?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The in-game calendar still reads as May & it is currently July..
  • Options
    dilligaf76dilligaf76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is the NPC going to reward things like enchantments that DONT WORK?? Why aren't you fixing our "prizes" from the last event? Why am I not seeing in the patch notes that your fixing the Savage Enchantments?? I won't be concerned with the duplicate ranks of the Savage working properly, I'm concerned with them WORKING AT ALL! Why are you releasing content that will probably be bugged instead of focusing your time on correcting the bugs that are in your current content??

Why are you wasting my time??

Stop playing then you whinging git
  • Options
    aerong1aerong1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tapp3r101 wrote: »
    Yeah... if you could do something about the Devoted Cleric being absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and super boring to play, that'd be great. Also change the Life Steal on the Cleric PvP items to some more Defense instead, we're healers not damage dealers. Don't neglect the Cleric class.

They are really good, and is awesome beaing a DC.
    they are really tough on pvp if they have a good build, they can be deadly.
    even when they nerfed the AS i have no problems solo healing a CN group, even on the last boss fight.
    maybe you are one of thoose noobs that dont understand how to play a cleric on neverwinter.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    chitsuphrenechitsuphrene Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Nothing fixed in Foundry? Absolutely nothing?!?
    :confused: :rolleyes: :( :mad:
    i missed something ?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    dilligaf76 wrote: »
    Stop playing then you whinging git

Not sure what "whinging" is, but what I am doing is voicing an exasperated concern that is going unheard, and I'm not the only one complaining about the issue as there are multiple threads on the Savage Enchants not giving stats. If you like getting and playing with broken toys, be my guest. It just seems like a waste of time to introduce new content when they can't fix the content currently available, it's just potentially adding to the pile of broken toys.

I don't want to stop playing, I don't think anyone currently on here actually WANTS to stop playing. But when we are falsely presented with a product that is supposed to work in a certain way, and it doesn't, well, it's hard to keep playing with it. I WANT to keep playing, and if Cryptic wants the same thing, they will listen and fix the fraking things.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    @mechomancer:
    why you keep saying stuff, that aint true?
    you asked, why the savage enchantments arent fixed in this patch and why you dont see anything related to them in then otes

well, youre either stupid or blind:

- Duplicate ranks of the Savage enchantments now properly stack
  • Options
    chaclonchaclon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not sure what "whinging" is

whinge (wɪndʒ)

— vb , whinges , whingeing , whinged
    1. to cry in a fretful way
    2. to complain

Not that I agree with the other poster that you are whinging, just thought I'd clear that up for you.
  • Options
    xtc690xtc690 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why all reinforced arms are boe and Gf's are bop.Fix this plz.....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    @mechomancer:
    why you keep saying stuff, that aint true?
    you asked, why the savage enchantments arent fixed in this patch and why you dont see anything related to them in then otes

well, youre either stupid or blind:

I am obviously referring to them working to begin with. I note in my comment that is says they are fixing the stacking problem, did you read that far?? Having them correctly stacking is a "partial fix". Yeah, they will stack correctly IF THEY WORK AT ALL. Fixing them stacking is not a fix. Fixing them working would be a fix.
    Original post edited for YOUR convenience, and other non obvious-comment catchers.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    chaclon wrote: »
    whinge (wɪndʒ)

— vb , whinges , whingeing , whinged
    1. to cry in a fretful way
    2. to complain

Not that I agree with the other poster that you are whinging, just thought I'd clear that up for you.

Thanks for that. I am complaining, so, yeah, I guess maybe I am whingeing a bit. But am I wrong to do that? Even if I didn't pay money into this game, I do have a right to complain when something is not as it is stated to be. I'm just finding it hard to understand how Cryptic has developers that can create new dungeons and new professions but can't get an enchant to correctly update the stats like EVERY OTHER EQUIPABLE ITEM ALREADY DOES.
  • Options
    dv8rvoxdv8rvox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Regeneration does not work on the Magelord gear set
  • Options
    fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are the rewards / Unlocks for Celebration of Lliira account-wide or only for the character that participates???
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for that. I am complaining, so, yeah, I guess maybe I am whingeing a bit. But am I wrong to do that? Even if I didn't pay money into this game, I do have a right to complain when something is not as it is stated to be. I'm just finding it hard to understand how Cryptic has developers that can create new dungeons and new professions but can't get an enchant to correctly update the stats like EVERY OTHER EQUIPABLE ITEM ALREADY DOES.
    to be fair, they are'nt exactly batting .1000 on the new dungeons and professions either. My alchemy caught the bug seems like 2 weeks ago now, all I can do is harvest wood and leather and vitriol while being stuck between 5 and 6.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Guys, tomorrow is July 4th and a national holiday in the US and the beginning of what's probably a long weekend where no one's going to be working. I highly doubt you all want them to introduce some major new patch the day before a long weekend. Cut them some slack you're lucky to get a patch this week at all.
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    Come on guys, I mean really, I honestly did not expect a patch this week at all since it will be a long weekend starting on the 4th and they wont be around to work on things during that time. I keep hearing the same two factions really if they fix stuff currently broken then they get slammed by those who just want more content, if they make new content and some minor fixes to current issues, they get slammed by those who want everything fixed, but you don't just want it fixed you want it fixed NOW, some on, give them a break, this being done the day before one of the most major of United States Holidays, really? If they introduced a patch a major major patch, today and it had some game breaking exploit or inability to play certain things, and then they were gone til next monday which I suspect with the holiday will be the case, they would be even more slammed.

I like the fact they are fixing things at all, I am happy to see they are fixing pve stuff like the Anchor in Pirate King for those who need that dungeon or run it alot.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    but you don't just want it fixed you want it fixed NOW, come on, give them a break...

That's right,<insert sarcasm> I want it done NOW, 14 days after it was first introduced and bugged. That's plenty of time for someone to flip a fraking switch on the enchant to actually enchant the item.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    instead of vaste time doing such useless parch, please fix the "ancient guardian sets bug". We still nave completed sets without 4 peace bonus .
  • Options
    empressofshadowsempressofshadows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    The in-game calendar still reads as May & it is currently July..
    Moreso than that, they have every single month counting as 31 days, so every time it is a month with less it puts the date one more day off. That's pretty much the reason the calendar is always wrong. That's what they need to fix, but maybe they just can't figure out a way to properly code a calendar. I'm seriously hoping it's not the latter, because that is not a new coding concept.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the update an im looking forward to the event;)
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Interesting event - I like the idea. And yes, thanks for that pirate fix.....now if we could actually get something done about the problems that are really hurting the game, that would be nice too.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    radihradih Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    - Player vs Player Maps
    * You may now not target from or into starting respawn areas to help prevent fights from occurring in a desired safe area
    its not true :)
    Today one of my party members was on enemy respawn spot (hotenow). Dont know how but he was there.

BTW ork on geodata on respawn spot - i was stucked few times there when i wanted to turn left near rocks.
  • Options
    shadowmancer68shadowmancer68 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would you fix some graphical errors please? Like:
    - tiefling's tail or armor showing through a cloak.
    - cloak riding up through toon's neck/waist.
  • Options
    stevo6342stevo6342 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    regolith13 wrote: »
    How about fixing Alchemy Advancement
    Then I will celebrate
    Fireworks are nice but I spent a lot of time trying to level Alchemy and have been stuck for over a week now!

Most of my chars are stuck at full exp points bar but won't go to next level

Question....what level are you stuck at? I haven't had a problem yet, but I'm at level 7. Are you using the unstable potions after you make them? I don't think the drop rate on the "Knowledge" item is 100%, because there have been a few times I haven't gotten one after the research task. But I found that if I use the unstable potion each time, the rate of drop seems better.
  • Options
    stevo6342stevo6342 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh and there's still a bug on the gateway interface for Alchemy, when you do the Research tasks, your rewards aren't shown properly when it completes. That's just when using the website gateway though.

It would really be nice to be able to salvage old potions you're not using and can't sell for d1ck, in order to get raw materials quicker than 2 every 10 minutes. That goes for all professions. There really needs to be a salvage mechanic for greens and blues, maybe even purples, so let us get our hands on some raw materials from them. I'd rather have a chance at a crystal out of a blue than trying to sale it for 20 diamonds on the AH.
This discussion has been closed.