test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Neverwinter Dungeon: Malabog Castle

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Learn more about this upcoming dungeon delve for Fury of the Feywild: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=925131.

Are you ready to take down King Malabog and his forces? Leave a comment below!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What does the dungeon have, T3?
  • justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    Oh boy! A new dungeon to exploit and take shortcuts in! Sweet, wonder how long it'll take them this time to fix all the bugs and exploits with this place. Hopefully not 2-6 weeks like Castle Never and every dungeon in this game...

Where are the new classes and paragon paths for existing classes that has been promised to us since launch 2 months ago? I noticed how they left that out of their list of "new" things coming "Summer 2013" (which can be in another 2 months).
  • fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Are you ready to take down King Malabog and his forces?

TRANSLATION
    There there be 100 adds per boss fight instead of 75.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • necronet1337necronet1337 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fingers crossed for NOT another 5 man 3 boss t1 bugged dungeon -.-
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hope more than just trash filled corridors and add spamming bosses await us.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Can't wait to try it out! Looking forward to it:cool:.
  • justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    TRANSLATION

That's how Cryptic makes fights harder. They just add more trash mobs everywhere. Endless waves of trash mobs that you have the CW CC and toss out of the arena. No real boss mechanics, just avoid red stuff and tank & spank.
  • fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    justkaz wrote: »
    That's how Cryptic makes fights harder. They just add more trash mobs everywhere. Endless waves of trash mobs that you have the CW CC and toss out of the arena. No real boss mechanics, just avoid red stuff and tank & spank.

That was the entire point of my comment. hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • necronet1337necronet1337 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    justkaz wrote: »
    tank & spank.
    That would imply bosses actually have to be tanked. So... just spank :P
  • delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    I am actually looking forward to this, can't wait to run it.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Not sure whats cryptic plans.... But one dungeon wont be enough.

Im just waiting for the new expansion, if i will be able to have all top gear in 1-2weeks again i will probably quit this time... i wont be waiting 3-4 more months for a new expasion to have acess to 1 dungeon and farm items in 2weeks....
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    For the love of god fix all the dungeons to actually be fun and challenging with better boss AI and not one hour trash clearing runs. Add more pvp maps and modes. More paragon paths and classes...GG is boring and guilds need something to do 10v10 or something. Waiting in a GG pvp Q with 5 of your guildmates is not going to cut it. We've moved on to beta test future titles. If this game can use what's good about it better(combat), then we come back.
  • necrovechkinnecrovechkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not enough. Fix existing Dungeons. I'm not too concerned though, already moved on, just checking the forums for updates here and there.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will we have to be in a guild to experience this new content as well?
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TRANSLATION
    But don't worry, I'm sure there's a handy cliff nearby.
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Will we have to be in a guild to experience this new content as well?
    No. Fury of the Feywild is a module. The new Castle is a dungeon; not a raid.
  • zarkaz123zarkaz123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TRANSLATION

Lol, this is so true. Please, if you guys want this game to last, add a little variety to the dungeons and boss fights. Secret passages to optional bosses and maybe something like killing the optional bosses will make the end boss a bit easier, knocking off a buff that he would have if the optional boss was up. Have some type of strategy to it like fire around the room that you have to dodge out of or rocks falling from the sky you have avoid. Having to just deal with a mass amount of adds throughout the fight is getting old. I do like how the GG T2 dungeon last boss was done, a little different but more things to do other then kill mass mobs is better!
  • claytondoraclaytondora Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not to add to the large list of vitriol above, but I have to agree that my experience in dungeons thus far has been somewhat abysmal. Too many adds, not enough fun seems to be the general consensus, and I agree. However, I really enjoyed the foundry and solo content in the game and felt that (as a Guardian Fighter) some of the quest/foundry bosses I've encountered were quite fun and rewarding to down. I am quite looking forward to the campaign system and would love to hear more about the specifics about how that's going to play out. I think a constant stream of engaging solo content will molify a great portion of the player base.I played SWTOR a while back and got a character to level cap, and this is something they failed horribly at. That game, which really only ever praised for its "story" didn't release any significant solo content for over a year, and they languished horribly.

Definitely fix them dungeons though yo, they need to be way more fun
  • kampfer666kampfer666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Take a look on different games bosses like LOtRO...
    Balrog and watcher are good examples, every class is important!
    You don't need thousands of adds to make a boss hard to kill...
    You can put twin bosses and if you kill one much faster than the other, it goes berserk and kill the party for an example...
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How many exploits and skips? You guys don't even learn, now, gauntlgrym is vastly exploited with people doing 4-5 runs without killng anything (going under the map, rogue stleath run to the last campfire, and so on) during the event, so i'm a bit worried about what you're about to release. The gauntlgrym T1 isn't even enjoyable because people want to farm it so fast... Will your new dungeon be fun or just a race to the boss?
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Can't wait to try it out! Looking forward to it:cool:.

You look forward to what. A bugged out exploitable dungeon with boss plus <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of adds. Its just the same stuff over and over.

I will look forward to this being on the test server first. Which is the only way they even test anything and then they release it with out anything fixed. Then a month or 2 down the road they patch it
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    2 boss instance by the sound of it.

With any luck we might see 2pc jewelry sets or other weapon sets.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I wonder if the peeps for the devs are actually reading the response so far to this wonderful new one and only one dungeon. WoW people just cant wait to run this one.
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like a fun module. But, it's right around the corner, so no real wait in comparison to the wait for new content with most MMOs.
    I hope we get more features similar to Gauntlgrym.
    Neverwinter appears to be designed for casual players. Certainly, elite players will burn through content in a variety of ways...and then move on to the next game, most likely.
  • jim2108jim2108 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If this turns out to be another braindead, boring, lame ***, tank and spank, add spawning, piece of **** <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again i would actually pay anonymous to hack this ****. WotC should sue to have your rights to publish anything from the forgotten realms back.
    edited July 2013
    What can the loot from this place even be? Not enough bosses for a 4 set, CN already has weapons and jewelry...

What tier is this place supposed to be?
  • derezzdderezzd Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    t3 shirt and pants lol
  • nexdinenexdine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah the game has a real major issue with exploits and shortcuts. It's game-breaking in some ways, even, unbalances classes when some can do "unexpected" stuff that effectively ramps their power up to near-godhood. CW (and other classes, DC can do similar stuff in smaller scale) clearing stuff by tossing it down holes and getting one-shot kills springs to mind. The lovely tactic of "run to the next fire and die there so you rez there, then repeat to the next fire" is also preposterously easy to fix; make sure people rez at the last fire they were at before they were in combat.

But yeah, the trash-clearing runs lose their charm quickly when they're so predictable. Run in, kill a small group. Run to the next group, kill it. Etc. Get to the boss, clear out the trash spam and then kill the boss. It's not going to last, I fear.
    edited July 2013
    derezzd wrote: »
    t3 shirt and pants lol

ooo could almost see that :D

I'm also hoping for 2-3 piece sets designed to be used by companions. I think that might give Cryptic too much credit though...
    edited July 2013
    nexdine wrote: »
    Yeah the game has a real major issue with exploits and shortcuts. It's game-breaking in some ways, even, unbalances classes when some can do "unexpected" stuff that effectively ramps their power up to near-godhood. CW (and other classes, DC can do similar stuff in smaller scale) clearing stuff by tossing it down holes and getting one-shot kills springs to mind. The lovely tactic of "run to the next fire and die there so you rez there, then repeat to the next fire" is also preposterously easy to fix; make sure people rez at the last fire they were at before they were in combat.

But yeah, the trash-clearing runs lose their charm quickly when they're so predictable. Run in, kill a small group. Run to the next group, kill it. Etc. Get to the boss, clear out the trash spam and then kill the boss. It's not going to last, I fear.

Whatever :P SP is the most fun to me when you have some cocky as hell CW who demands you pull everything between doors/bosses at once :P