test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Neverwinter Dungeon: Malabog Castle

2»

Comments

• greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    I too would like to see less trash, and more variety in the bosses in the dungeons. However, just to throw some things around, how about actually adding more puzzles into the dungeons. For example, puzzles to unlock the next part of a dungeon, or the way to the final boss, or extra gear or packs, or even maybe dungeons that instead of final bosses have puzzles that each party member must solve separately. Perhaps even class based puzzles as well. Some of the truly great DnD games (both comp and pnp) were as much about the puzzles as they were about the hack-and-slash.
  • k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's amazing how many people flock to the negative perceptions of this new dungeon they haven't even seen yet. I'm glad to see a rare positive response in this thread at least.

To those of you who spout your nonsense before doing your research, the new boss of Malabog castle is VERY unique in how it DOES NOT have adds! The thing about it is that YOU control if there are adds to deal with. Using an interesting mechanic of having Valindra herself in the background opening portals for adds, the devs have truly tried something new. You must have alert party members who can stop Valindra before the portals open and skilled fighters who can dodge away from the MASSIVE AOE's of her dragon. I for one am extremely excited about the coming changes and I think that anyone who isn't hasn't checked out what's up in the Preview Shard.
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    k4pnkrunch wrote: »
    It's amazing how many people flock to the negative perceptions of this new dungeon they haven't even seen yet. I'm glad to see a rare positive response in this thread at least.

To those of you who spout your nonsense before doing your research, the new boss of Malabog castle is VERY unique in how it DOES NOT have adds! The thing about it is that YOU control if there are adds to deal with. Using an interesting mechanic of having Valindra herself in the background opening portals for adds, the devs have truly tried something new. You must have alert party members who can stop Valindra before the portals open and skilled fighters who can dodge away from the MASSIVE AOE's of her dragon. I for one am extremely excited about the coming changes and I think that anyone who isn't hasn't checked out what's up in the Preview Shard.

Great, just what we need another boss that spam red circles instead of actually fighting.:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
    edited August 2013
    Great, just what we need another boss that spam red circles instead of actually fighting.:(

Take a look at the YouTube video for the final boss of Malabog's Castle. It's not red circles at all. There are interesting new cross weave patterns of red that you have to dodge. People want less adds, you got less adds, but now you've got harder bosses to deal with. They're not gonna serve his head on a plate with a side order of dragon egg omelette for ya.
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    Take a look at the YouTube video for the final boss of Malabog's Castle. It's not red circles at all. There are interesting new cross weave patterns of red that you have to dodge. People want less adds, you got less adds, but now you've got harder bosses to deal with. They're not gonna serve his head on a plate with a side order of dragon egg omelette for ya.

I admire your persistence but this is an MMO forum, haters gonna hate.
  • digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I did look up the videos and it was a much more interesting fight than I've seen so far in this game. The videos I watched had one of each class battling too. Still, there WERE red circles, but not nearly as much as every dungeon so far in this game. They gave me hope that I may enjoy the difficult but more interesting fight. Too bad I didn't get to see any treasure though. Unfortunately, no video I found showed how good or bad the pay-off for fighting it would be.
    edited August 2013
    I did look up the videos and it was a much more interesting fight than I've seen so far in this game. The videos I watched had one of each class battling too. Still, there WERE red circles, but not nearly as much as every dungeon so far in this game. They gave me hope that I may enjoy the difficult but more interesting fight. Too bad I didn't get to see any treasure though. Unfortunately, no video I found showed how good or bad the pay-off for fighting it would be.

Thanks for actually taking the time to view the defenses side :P. That puts you ahead of most NW forum goers!
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Its the stupid blue dragon final boss fight. Its easy to beat and also bugged and can be cheated and exploited. At least it doesnt have adds after adds fight style. But in no way is it hard to do. Its your average release from this company. Full of bugs, exploits, cheats

What do you expect from this company?
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for actually taking the time to view the defenses side :P. That puts you ahead of most NW forum goers!

YOu never watched the video either if you did you can clearly see how to cheat the dragon
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    New dungeon? Neat!

So.. where are all the "shortcuts?" Nahhh don't tell me. That ruins the fun. Please oh please work "as intended" from the get-go.
    edited August 2013
    Of course I watched the video. What, you mean running across the battlefield to hide under a rock when the dragon flies around spewing fire? I'd say that's the most legit way to stay alive in that situation.