test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

pro tip for people in dungeons

scooterkhanscooterkhan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
DO NOT EVER , I MEAN EVER ..................USE KNOCK BACK IN DUNGEONS

I REPEAT , NEVER USE KNOCK BACK IN DUNGEONS , EVER

sick of seeing mage using knock back cuase they think they know how to play , only thing they do is get themselves and there party killed

end of rant .....party on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"SWEET JESUS ITS TAKING LONG ENUFF"
Post edited by scooterkhan on

Comments

• mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lulz..... you'll be eating those words soon enough.... knockbacks are very useful in dungeons when used correctly..... probably a bit overused in some cases.

You're what.... lvl 20? You have much to learn young one.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Knock back is only bad for low level dungeons.

In epic dungeons, knockback becomes an essential part of clearing the dungeon, throwing mobs off of ledges or not.
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    a lot of leadership qualities..too bad you don't have the slightest idea what CWs are about.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, i will use this "great" topic to also give a couple of really useful tips to random pugs...

Please, don't loot while fighting and RED circles = BAD, BLUE circles = GOOD... with that, and saying HI to your party you're set.
  • deadushka0deadushka0 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I assume the topicstarter is not talking about nockbacks from the clifs... Now a days both mages and clerics use knockbacks way to often. As a result you loose dps, all party loose dps because we had to run after each mob instead of damaging all(most) mobs att once when they are in a group.

So annoying!
  • hyttehanshyttehans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    deadushka0 wrote: »
    I assume the topicstarter is not talking about nockbacks from the clifs... Now a days both mages and clerics use knockbacks way to often. As a result you loose dps, all party loose dps because we had to run after each mob instead of damaging all(most) mobs att once when they are in a group.

So annoying!

You must be running with some bad CW's, if you time your shield knockback to abit before singularity explosion, you knock them away, but they are instantly sucked up and put down in a small pile again, right at the feet of the melee guys, well at least this is what i do.
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013

First time I tried not using repel ... Party died in high level dungeon 4 times, being overwhelmed by the adds of the boss fight.
    I switch in my knock effects and suddenly we kick ***.
  • realbandorealbando Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is true. Let your tank tank. I'm tired of knockbacks throwing the mobs I've neatly taunted and bunched up all over the room. It then take me a while to get the fight back under control, in which time the dps have grabbed all the aggro and overworked the healers. If you want to clear dungeons, read your powers and use the good AoE abilities on clusters of mobs near the tank. And if you want to throw a group of mobs off a cliff, let the tank group them up so they can all go at once.

Tanking is a tough job, all we ask is a little common sense.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Hahahahahahaha.

So you dont specify the actual power or the situation it was used in. I will say all the knockback powers have a place in Epic dungeons. Its how and when they are used. Enjoy playing CN with no CW come back and tell me how it went.
  • bitz06bitz06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Knockbacks are needed, CW's need them to generate fast AP to keep the singularities rolling and the mob's controlled. Placement of the Singularity is key, as well as the timing of his/her shield. Good CW's will punt the mobs in a nice lil corner, we they can, so the Melee classes can burn them down.
    Bitz Maidenhell - GM TSYM

TSYM Website

Dragon Server
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    realbando wrote: »
    This is true. Let your tank tank. I'm tired of knockbacks throwing the mobs I've neatly taunted and bunched up all over the room. It then take me a while to get the fight back under control, in which time the dps have grabbed all the aggro and overworked the healers. If you want to clear dungeons, read your powers and use the good AoE abilities on clusters of mobs near the tank. And if you want to throw a group of mobs off a cliff, let the tank group them up so they can all go at once.

What who said we needed you to complete any of those tasks. Dont need to you to group them. Entangling force on tab is quicker and better. Singularity also puts them in a nice bunch. What annoys me are tanks that think they should position them a certain way ussually to far from where they should be controlled.

You need to learn how to play with a CW before they need to learn how to play with you.

Edit: this was a touch harsh. You need the CW to control the mobs. If you have a good CW who thinks about the group if stacked with melee then they should control to help increase dps. When a CW casts Arcane singularity (black hole) expect them to shield burst (Massive AP gain and huge damage to all mobs) the mobs approx 1.5secs before they get sucked up. Save your AOE for when they drop down. Sometimes they may shield burst at a random time. No ones perfect. No they shouldnt use Icestorm (big icicles from the ground that sprays )only a few boss exceptions.

Now if you have two CW you will find yourself not getting much action. If they time it well (trash especially) just gets shield bursted and AS'd non stop and thats okay becuase your not taking damage and they mobs are dying.

Nothing personally annoys me more as a CW than group that want to fight mobs when they can be punted off cliffs. Dont make the run last a lot longer and a lot more expensive (pots) than it needs to be because you think it should be run the traditional way.
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Hate to tell you but tanking for tanks(the guys in the shiny armor) really doesn't exist yet in this game. I don't have to do the most DPS..the mobs come to me..I sneeze..the mobs come to me...if mobs are on me..do I wait for a cleric to heal me rather than the "tank"?...no..I shield bump to get them off me.

Also, I would like you (all non CWs) to think about your top two AP building skills. Now imagine that those skills annoy me and I call you a **** for using them. Who cares that they do damage..who cares if they keep you alive..they don't make my game play easy..so you're a ****...yea..that's just what the OP has said to CWs
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Well, i will use this "great" topic to also give a couple of really useful tips to random pugs...

Please, don't loot while fighting and RED circles = BAD, BLUE circles = GOOD... with that, and saying HI to your party you're set.
    I really hate people who feel the desperate need to pick up every single piece of green trash during the middle of a boss fight where there's dozens of adds all over and the floor is lit up red , what's the matter with these people?...
  • loup85loup85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are some rather useful tips in here.
    edited June 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I really hate people who feel the desperate need to pick up every single piece of green trash during the middle of a boss fight where there's dozens of adds all over and the floor is lit up red , what's the matter with these people?...

People should know that if your running CN dont pick up the green items. It just annoys people and most people just pick pass.

They arent worth squat.

Also when you run epics all enchantments and resources are need rolls by all. Dont feel bad thats the agreed way.

Another thing. When you see a chest everyone can loot it. When someone opens it and there is a green item in it a roll comes up. No one can open the chest again until that roll is completed. If the roll comes up choose anything just dont make people wait. It is just plainly annoying.

Also dont be an idiot and loot the chest then run off to attack mobs. that is selfish. Just wait until all get their shot at the items in the chest which can be blue or purple resource.

In T1s it is always the rogue who does this. Theres just something wrong with most of them.
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Caveat: This is not advice, just personal preference. :) I am still tweaking my CW and her powers.

*sigh* knockbacks to knock mobs off cliffs is one thing, knockbacks that scatter the mobs to kingdom come are what's bad in dungeons. If the tank is holding the aggro or kiting while the dps is on the boss then scattering the mobs is counter productive and will eventually wind up getting everyone dead fast.

Having played as a TR, DC and CW....I can tell you right now having a CW throw Ice Storm while I'm a TR hammering away at something and throwing it 50 feet behind me is the most irritating thing ever....I don't even use Ice Storm. Depending on the dungeon I swap my shield out for Ray of Enfeblement. There's no "control" whatsoever in Ice Storm it's an "oh ****" power useful only on low level mobs while leveling solo.

Shield and Repel (in the mastery slot) are useful for pushing mobs off cliffs, Shield Pulse can be useful if you find yourself alone and covered in a mob.

Just my two cents on the matter. I agree with the OP that shoving mobs and scattering mobs away from the dps is highly irritating.

Just my two cents
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hate to tell you but tanking for tanks(the guys in the shiny armor) really doesn't exist yet in this game. I don't have to do the most DPS..the mobs come to me..I sneeze..the mobs come to me...if mobs are on me..do I wait for a cleric to heal me rather than the "tank"?...no..I shield bump to get them off me.

Also, I would like you (all non CWs) to think about your top two AP building skills. Now imagine that those skills annoy me and I call you a **** for using them. Who cares that they do damage..who cares if they keep you alive..they don't make my game play easy..so you're a ****...yea..that's just what the OP has said to CWs
    As a mostly GF player, the CW AS is a godsend since I can recharge my AP meter with a few goes of cleave at the bunched up mobs and then fire off my daily. Perfect symbiosis.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Lies.
    If you've already taunted them, they'll run straight back to you & neatly surround you. In which case....free combat advantage for me.
    If the DDs have grabbed the aggro, let them die. They want to die.

If a CW or DC repels immediately before tank gets aggro, there only be three reasons:
    1) They're attempting to knock the mobs off a ledge.
    2) They're trying to commit suicide.
    3) You were too slow on the taunt & the mobs have beelined straight for the DC/CW so the DC/CW is attempting to buy themselves time for you to properly taunt.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
    edited June 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »

Shield and Repel (in the mastery slot) are useful for pushing mobs off cliffs, Shield Pulse can be useful if you find yourself alone and covered in a mob.
    Just my two cents

Sorry buddy id say worth nothing.

Shield should be used by every CW in every dungeon. Used just before AS sucks up the mobs is used correctly. Used to buy yourself and crappy team mates time is correct use as well. Repel in tab is handy in some cases i dont use it unless its spellplague last boss and CN last boss.

Shield in tab ? Not required as in tab just absorbs more damage which is not much and pushes mobs further away from you. Isnt that what you complained about :)

Please dont give advice if you dont know the class.
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    As a mostly GF player, the CW AS is a godsend since I can recharge my AP meter with a few goes of cleave at the bunched up mobs and then fire off my daily. Perfect symbiosis.

Yep nicely worked. I like to centre the AS on the GF most of the time. The ones i play with learn to keep away to the side of the boss while the rogue nukes it. I just suck them up and drop them on top of them and boom. Seems as you said they end up topping the damage on the runs that way. A GF running around trying to tank mobs. I ignore them unless they are bringing strays across for punting.
  • exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As if the damage on the trash means anything.
  • hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    When I was lvling I would get thrown in groups with other DC's and find them using sunburst in divine to throw the mobs everywhere while I was using searing light in divine to help kill groups. It would seriously annoy the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me when they scatter the mobs, then go about tossing healing word around like it was accomplishing something. *pulls out hair*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    exarkun007 wrote: »
    As if the damage on the trash means anything.

Lol k what you do ? Play fiddlesticks with trash. Engage them in a battle of riddles.

Maybe you ask them nicely to go away. How does that work.

Hello chaps we are here to take your loot and kill your leaders. Nothing to see here just passing through Mokay.

Generally you have to use damaging powers to reduce their health points to zero to move onto the next lot of trash to clear. Generally the more damage done in a faster time the better.

How do you do it ?
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    the best tip would be dont go Dungeons when not DD, the scrape are s*ck. never get the time right to play? wrong timezone? well, the dev say too bad for you :D
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Sorry buddy id say worth nothing.

Shield should be used by every CW in every dungeon. Used just before AS sucks up the mobs is used correctly. Used to buy yourself and crappy team mates time is correct use as well. Repel in tab is handy in some cases i dont use it unless its spellplague last boss and CN last boss.

Shield in tab ? Not required as in tab just absorbs more damage which is not much and pushes mobs further away from you. Isnt that what you complained about :)

Please dont give advice if you dont know the class.

Didn't say I used shield in tab (never do) I said Repel in tab. :) and for the record ( and I will change my OP to reflect this) I wasn't intending it as actual advice just and example of what I personally use and my irritation with CWs who use Ice Storm :)
  • odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's some advice on dungeons for the OP. Typing LIKE THIS is shouting and from me at least, will earn you an immediate Disconnect. Your Cleric is neither a pincushion nor your girlfriend. Hold the agro and mind your tongue.
  • theirishchicktheirishchick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    odd111out wrote: »
    Here's some advice on dungeons for the OP. Typing LIKE THIS is shouting and from me at least, will earn you an immediate Disconnect. Your Cleric is neither a pincushion nor your girlfriend. Hold the agro and mind your tongue.

Read this thread in work and now im home was just about to write the above lol

Dear OP calling people noobs (unless your joking) let alone typing all in caps is not a good idea if you want to be taken seriously.

In pretty low level dungeons its really not an issue as its run and gun without a death let alone a wipe and I only do it as a last resort if aggroed with something i cant handle (adds and im on cd's or oos to tele)

In higher level dungeons people who can really play their class have now schooled you on its merit and use.

Some interesting stuff on high level dungeons so thanks for that
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a TR, I cry a little bit inside when party members decide to randomly knock enemies about in dungeons. There's nothing more frustrating than waiting for that Duelist Flurry windup only for the mob to get sent across the room right as he's about to take the payload. I don't slot Deft Strike for my dungeon setup and when I'm spending 90% of the time chasing mobs down, my DPS suffers which just makes the fight last that much longer and is a detriment to the whole group.

If you're not using your knockbacks for tactical reasons such as knocking off cliffs or interrupting AOEs, then please just take them off your bar completely and slot in some powers that actually benefit your party. It's a sad state of affairs when you see GFs who would rather scatter enemies about in random fashion than actually try to pull and hold them, when you see CWs who have the best gathering move in the game but they refuse to use it.

I just shake my head at it all.
  • shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's the bad CW's who slot Repel in Spell Mastery and try to use it as a form of DPS. You can use Shield Repulse anytime you want in a dungeon, as long as you know where to position yourself to push mobs. Love fights where I can chain AS. Haven't had the experience with playing with a great GF yet, but I'll keep in mind to drop AS on them to build their daily.
    edited June 2013
    Im a CW..I clean the trash..I sweep it up..i push it away..i even drop it..my shield burst speeds up my ability to use AS..I may use it one minute to push them away..but guess what..in two seconds they've come running back..and whats even better..my AS is NOW up as well.

Seems a lot of people are upset that CWs "control" over mobs is a little better than theirs..Id suggest submitting a ticket to PWE.