test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lvl 60 GWF Unstoppable

2»

Comments

• Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You are not alone in you're concern for GWF. I along with others have created similar threads about this, only to be met with "Learn to Play your class better" not admitting that this class changed last patch. They always been average now they can dish out extreme DPS, at the same time wear the strongest gear to block.

I play a CW. I blinked both times around a Guardian. I used Icy touch. I even used my strongest attacks. It barely did anything. Yet a single charge from a Guardian knocked me down, stunned me below half my health and killed me. Something is really OP with this class. There are several threads.

The question is, when is anything going to be done about it. Its not people not knowing how play their class, or understand others. Something is really messed up when a tank class is doing more DPS then actual DPS, and absorbing the most damage. That is defined meaning of Over Powered.
  • Options
    asashiroasashiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let's take a closer look at the things the balance patch changed about GWFs:
    *1-2 off cooldowns on skills no one uses - check
    *skill bug fixes - check
    *utility improvements for underused skills - check
    *feat bug fixes for threat - check
    Oh look
    *Sure Strike and Wicked Strike dmg increased (about 100 points)

Apart from the 10-20% Temporary hit points on unstoppable and a more recent patch to fix CON so it actually affects armor pen... Nothing has really changed.
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vendington wrote: »
    well im a GF with 13.500 Gear score capable of doing 19 K crits... however that is not the case against those guys , even without them doing unstoppeble , and having knights challenge on them , than im lucky to hit them 5K , its just rediculous i only have tho slap them 3 times and they can just pop it right up , healing double the hp i hitted them without getting any other damage during unstoppable

19k that's it? I still do 50-60k plus crits and I am not even using a vorpal enchant. GWF's are easy kills for rogues 1 on 1.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    asashiro wrote: »
    Let's take a closer look at the things the balance patch changed about GWFs:
    *1-2 off cooldowns on skills no one uses - check
    *skill bug fixes - check
    *utility improvements for underused skills - check
    *feat bug fixes for threat - check
    Oh look
    *Sure Strike and Wicked Strike dmg increased (about 100 points)

Apart from the 10-20% Temporary hit points on unstoppable and a more recent patch to fix CON so it actually affects armor pen... Nothing has really changed.

I'd say your skipping over a large portion. Sure Strike, and Wicked damaged increased 100 points. I'd say that a massive boost.

Not to mention cool down on what you fail to mention what took place. It's not like Guardian's were always like this. This game has been open for over a full month in open beta. While their damage has been modest as it should be. You cannot expect to wear gear to protects you from a truck, and hit like one as well.

Something changed in this abilities that directly impacted the PVP. There's been over five threads complaining about this one class. I don't see them claiming CW, or Cleric are Over Powered. We're going have to get over the "its the player" and actually focus on what's the issue.
  • Options
    ness0nettness0nett Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a CW player, it's a little annoying to watch the GWF pop Unstoppable and essentially get a free kill on me. Mah Ice Knife... ;n;

As opposed to against every other class where it's physically impossible for a CW to lose in a 1v1 if they are even partially competent? Seriously, holy ****. "I can only have a 100% winrate against 3/4 other classes? Plz fix." -You
  • Options
    asashiroasashiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I'd say your skipping over a large portion. Sure Strike, and Wicked damaged increased 100 points. I'd say that a massive boost.

Not to mention cool down on what you fail to mention what took place. It's not like Guardian's were always like this. This game has been open for over a full month in open beta. While their damage has been modest as it should be. You cannot expect to wear gear to protects you from a truck, and hit like one as well.

Something changed in this abilities that directly impacted the PVP. There's been over five threads complaining about this one class. I don't see them claiming CW, or Cleric are Over Powered. We're going have to get over the "its the player" and actually focus on what's the issue.

100? it's not. 450 -> 550 dmg? Big whoop. Our at wills still hit like a wet noodle. WMS with no buff is still infinitely better than Wicked with buff. And SS is better as a single target skill than wicked is an aoe skill. The only reason to ever even put a point in wicked strike would be if you're going Instigator, which is already a mistake since that tree is terrible in it's current state.

The cooldowns were reduced 1-3 seconds (down from usually 15) on battle fury, come and get it, not so fast, restoring strike, roar, and takedown. The better skills got the 1s.

As far as hitting like a truck... I see some other classes at wills crit for as much as some of my encounters.