test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lvl 60 GWF Unstoppable

vendingtonvendington Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
On pvp i feel that unstoppable is horribly broken

it is litterly impossible to win against a GWF 1v1 or sometimes even 2v1

when they pop unstoppeble , it doesnt even matter that my dmg meter says , 2K+ hits they somehow just heal the damage from what i see?? they are not even getting 1 bit lower on hp its just rediculous

The fact that they can spam this like 6 times in their hole life is just rediculous

just wanted to say dis
Post edited by vendington on

Comments

• xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not going to say that GWF can't be beasts in PVP, but you also have considering the quality of gear. If you run up against a fully loaded GWF with a new L60 running greens, they are going to own your *** real quick.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • vendingtonvendington Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    I'm not going to say that GWF can't be beasts in PVP, but you also have considering the quality of gear. If you run up against a fully loaded GWF with a new L60 running greens, they are going to own your *** real quick.

well im a GF with 13.500 Gear score capable of doing 19 K crits... however that is not the case against those guys , even without them doing unstoppeble , and having knights challenge on them , than im lucky to hit them 5K , its just rediculous i only have tho slap them 3 times and they can just pop it right up , healing double the hp i hitted them without getting any other damage during unstoppable
  • tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    WoW,
    A thread daring to say GWFs are OP? As a 60 GWF i just LOL.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know.

OMG GWFs are terrible. Nobody wants to play with them. They get kicked from all groups. Worst class. Blah blah wah wah.

Balance patch....

OMG GWFs are OP....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • h4lofanatich4lofanatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8
    edited June 2013
    As a CW player, it's a little annoying to watch the GWF pop Unstoppable and essentially get a free kill on me. Mah Ice Knife... ;n;
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Somehow I deal more damage in PvE than in PvP. I wouldn't say it's OP.
  • shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vendington wrote: »
    well im a GF with 13.500 Gear score capable of doing 19 K crits... however that is not the case against those guys , even without them doing unstoppeble , and having knights challenge on them , than im lucky to hit them 5K , its just rediculous i only have tho slap them 3 times and they can just pop it right up , healing double the hp i hitted them without getting any other damage during unstoppable

You're more than likely running into the P2W GWF which is better.
    edited June 2013
    yokanaan wrote: »
    Somehow I deal more damage in PvE than in PvP. I wouldn't say it's OP.

well im not complaining about the damage.. becouse the damage is decent just normal

but im complaining about how much they can spam the skill, and not get any damage while its effective and healing the hp Back...

so yeah like i said they are not burst chars... but they are just impossible to defeat on 1v1 or sometimes occasionaly 2v1...

they just eat your hp with the knowledge you are losing the fight in all occasions

* Replied to the wrong person it was for you Shultzilla *
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

when they pop unstoppeble , it doesnt even matter that my dmg meter says , 2K+ hits they somehow just heal the damage from what i see?? they are not even getting 1 bit lower on hp its just rediculous

The fact that they can spam this like 6 times in their hole life is just rediculous

just wanted to say dis

Yes GWF were buffed to the top of the 5 class lineup with the last patch, but what you actually may be witnessing is the Rejuv potion bug that now allows you to use rejuv potions in PvP. Take advantage of it while you can!
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    13.5k gs as gf is not a lot since if first tree build then u gain 4-5k gs for last feat easy and all GWFs which still plays game have op gear and gems
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They gotta separate pvp and pve.. They keep <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up pve to placate pvp whiners..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Without unstoppable, how exactly do you think a GWF is supposed to avoid damage? Sprint? LOL

Sorry, but unstoppable is not OP, if anything it's still broken. Any CW with repel against a GWF is more or less an easy kill. 2 knockbacks and it's insta-win. Why? Because unstoppable doesn't... stop... knockbacks.

Try fighting any ranged class with greater plaguefire/tenebrous. Then tell me what the biggest problem in pvp is.
    edited June 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    Without unstoppable, how exactly do you think a GWF is supposed to avoid damage? Sprint? LOL

Sorry, but unstoppable is not OP, if anything it's still broken. Any CW with repel against a GWF is more or less an easy kill. 2 knockbacks and it's insta-win. Why? Because unstoppable doesn't... stop... knockbacks.

Try fighting any ranged class with greater plaguefire/tenebrous. Then tell me what the biggest problem in pvp is.

i am not saying they need to remove unstoppable , im only saying that its rediculous they can pop it up with a few hits they get...

GWF is getting unstoppable way to fast, they need to remove the fact that you gain Unstoppable by being hit, and make it so that you can only achieve unstoppable by doing damage.... not by doing damage and by being hit by attacks
    edited June 2013
    That's a complete reverse of the basic unstoppable mechanic and would require a complete recoding of a number of GWF abilities. And on a class that doesn't block and doesn't dodge, eating up damage and throwing it back in the faces of your enemies... well, it's kind of a thing.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    unholyjedi wrote: »
    Well players it is Threads Like these that actually make the game worthless because you all whine cry moan and complain about a class being OPed.....Next you all will have a thread about how the GF or TR are all OPed oh wait the TR Was already complained about being OPed thats right with in the first MONTH of OB. You all just need to knock it off and quit taking the game so seriously.

people who spend time building their characters, build / design etc, and spend all this time, are serious about their chars. 'don't take the game seriously' is a pathetic piece of **** thing to say. So get serious, silly. :P

Onto the next part. their damage is still **** compared to all classes except for cw, which does need help. Even clerics outdamage them with encounters and at-wills. throwing around a gear score is meaningless. 13.5k gear score? and your armor is probably still ****. That gwf, probably has more defense than you as a gwf, because of what YOU are wearing.

Now a good pvp gf, against my gwf, has killed me in 3 hits still, which means his encounters are doing over 50k damage each during using his ability.
    As a gwf, i have been killed in one shot, through two different tr encounters, and a tr daily.
    As a cw, you can truthfully even with its sad damage that needs worked on, kill a gwf without them getting near you, even with unstoppanle going on.
    Heres a trick, if you are casting spell after spell standing still, you are dead. Dodge more.
    A gwf can only be in unstoppable so long. they are easily controlled, have no range (except one daily which is still not range, since its interuptable.
    As a mage, don't melee a melee class. That goes with everyone eh?
    There is one great lvl 60 pvp cw i have seen, that can take on anything that comes his way. hes a challenge for the best pvp gwf's.
    Only one.
    The rest, act like their mages are tanks. And find out when they get punched in the face it isn't working. Go figure?
  • bandalf1bandalf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would you like some cheese with your whine ? Now because 3 people need to whine because they can't beat a GWF we will get a balance patch nerfing the GWF back off the chart and may as well break all of his feats like the CW while applying the nerf. The only sensible comment was they " they need to separate PVP from PVE ".Plain and simple.Quit messing around with PVE. People running dungeons don't need any more nerfs on any class.If anything give some buffs back to CW and DC and fix the feats and gear set bonuses.
    edited June 2013
    kiadannah wrote: »
    The rest, act like their mages are tanks. And find out when they get punched in the face it isn't working. Go figure?

Ok, so, honestly, I stopped doing PvP because I'm more into PvE and was outlevelling content much too fast for my liking trying to knock off all the dailies. So I've only played it quite low-level, but... jeez, yeah. Any CW who dodged away I probably couldn't catch with either of my TR or my GWF. And any that just stood there got pounded into the ground.

And also jeeeeeeeez, one of my primary strategies with any non-fighter is don't. get. hit.

I'm interested in getting back into PvP again just to see what it's like now, but I might need to scare up some more character slots and go dedicated.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Please understand how the class works. They don't magically "heal" away all your damage. They get a temporary HP boost. For all intents and purposes, consider it the equivalent of the Paladin's bubble in WoW. Now, would you unload all your cooldowns on a Paladin if he was bubbled? No? Then don't do it to the GWF. Pull back, count to 5, then watch their HP bar magically drop down again all on its own. Now you go and kill them.

Also, if any GWF is "pwning" you with OP damage, it has nothing to do with the class, it's simply all the enchants they bought and stacked onto their gear.
  • shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013

just wanted to say dis

OP has no idea what he is talking about. Unstoppable is the "only" thing that keeps a gwf from being destroyed. If you nerf it, you might as well just throw away that class and label it as the most useless class in the game.

Talk about imbalance? How about rogues 2-3 shotting people? What about GFs 3 shotting people too? How about CWs with their ridiculously high hidden dodge amount and that now all their ccs stack?

Yeah right nerf GWF, you must be bloody joking!
  • hann1bal13hann1bal13 Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Unstoppable is used a bit too often in pvp. I see GWFs win a lot of ridiculous 2v1s and 3v1s even when I am saving my abilities until right after they pop unstoppable.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I started up a GWF as my third toon the other day, sitting pretty at lvl 50 right now an its a lot of fun and completely different to my main Trickster Rogue in both PvE/PvP obviously.

Dont go nerfing another class, just leave this stuff alone.
    Every so called 'balance' you scream for only ends up bothering another party and the whole sorry mess starts again so just leave it.
    Its not as if there arent enough bugs/problems to be fixed right now without adding the tears of the losing team to the list.

Bots in PvP are a far more important thing to tackle than the balance, i have no pics, no stats or anything of the sort to back that up.
    Apart from the fact that in every match i play half the opposing team is always running into walls, oh an the main thing... Im actually winning games.. thats my proof:)

So leave the GWF alone and enjoy the unbalanced mess it is for now, it will be fixed..... eventually
  • par4nauticpar4nautic Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    i love to shocking execute them with a 25k shot while they feel immortal.
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013

just wanted to say dis

Poor troll attempt. So you cant faceroll GWF anymore so you complain...which is your right, it is also your right to get stomped back now, enjoy.

"just wanted to say dis"
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • tarnisradtarnisrad Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'll trade my buffed up Unstoppable for your 19k crits on ranged/multi target KDs, better set bonuses, and significantly lower CDs any day.
    Daint's the name. Pizza's my game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    without it you can't do anything in PvE...
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kwequa wrote: »
    They gotta separate pvp and pve.. They keep <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up pve to placate pvp whiners..

Pretty much what I was gonna say. All the effort they spend going back and forth on nerfs and buffs they could just as easily split PvP and PvE completely and work to balance each separately and then the problem would more or less be solved.

It's not fair to either party that our experiences should be ruined in the struggle to placate the other side with whatever issues they're having. The cycle will never end and I've grown tired of dealing with MMOs that wanna nerf everything to oblivion just to address whatever the Whine of the Week(tm) is. It gets old.
  • hugsfrommommahugsfrommomma Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GF's deal way too much burst damage.

Rogues deal way too much damage in perma-stealth.

GWFs are way too tough.

CWs are way too buggy.

That's pvp right now.
  • omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    gwf arent too bad if there offensively specced, but a defensive gwf is nigh immortal.
  • morbynmorbyn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rediculous is not a word.

Just wanted to say dis.
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You are not alone in you're concern for GWF. I along with others have created similar threads about this, only to be met with "Learn to Play your class better" not admitting that this class changed last patch. They always been average now they can dish out extreme DPS, at the same time wear the strongest gear to block.

I play a CW. I blinked both times around a Guardian. I used Icy touch. I even used my strongest attacks. It barely did anything. Yet a single charge from a Guardian knocked me down, stunned me below half my health and killed me. Something is really OP with this class. There are several threads.

The question is, when is anything going to be done about it. Its not people not knowing how play their class, or understand others. Something is really messed up when a tank class is doing more DPS then actual DPS, and absorbing the most damage. That is defined meaning of Over Powered.