test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher won't come out of taskbar

smackphattsmackphatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I can't get it to maximize. I literally uninstalled every game (including this one) and .net and my browser and every c++ thing on my machine. I also removed firewall and AV too. No dice. I've put everything back now and determined (with everything short of a format) that it's something about the launcher. I also tried to patch the game up through STO's launcher and that launcher is doing the same thing.
Post edited by smackphatt on

Comments

• Options
    camp6268camp6268 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing is Happenign to me.. The Launcher will not Maximize at all... i can put in my Password and even hit Enter and log into the game... but the Launcher will not load at all
  • Options
    elfesseelfesse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. My Neverwinter window stays minimized, I can not log in. Alt-tab does not work. Restarting system does not work... any suggestions?
  • Options
    chiefnamelesschiefnameless Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this started happening to me yesterday i believe. i can highlight the bar at the bottom to preview the window and see what it says that way and can fill in my password and login and get the game patched and started that way but its a bit of an inconvenience.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well maintenance is finish and I still can not log in. I have same issue.
  • Options
    odhavingodhaving Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here. My launcher is minimized and I can't put my password in the launcher's window. I reinstalled the game, i tried to execute it as admin but nothing happens.
  • Options
    big2fanbig2fan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i also have this problem and i found a fix for it

first go to regedit.exe then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher/WindowPos
    then delete the WindowPos complete and launch the game again it will work then :)

u can also launch the game if u run the game in another user account in computer
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Great it worked!!! Thanks!!!
  • Options
    afportoafporto Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    big2fan wrote: »

first go to regedit.exe then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher/WindowPos
    then delete the WindowPos complete and launch the game again it will work then :)

u can also launch the game if u run the game in another user account in computer

Lots of thanks! That's the only thing that actually worked!
  • Options
    gibemaniplsgibemanipls Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Wow, it worked, thank you gentle soul :3:o
  • Options
    psychotruckerpsychotrucker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    great fix, ty
  • Options
    thunderstirkethunderstirke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanx for posting this fix M8 :D
  • Options
    neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You don't need to start editing the registry to get it back. Just right-click the program on the task bar, select "move", then hit the arrow keys on the keyboard. It'll pop to one of the corners of the screen, attached to the mouse. Alternatively, right-click the task bar itself and choose to cascade or tile the windows.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the info, everyone (and for finding a workaround)! We're taking a look at this!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    pakero69pakero69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    many thanks <3 u :D
  • Options
    verokinaverokina Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    THANKS! i love you hihihihhihi
  • Options
    irabastairabasta Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neomys99 wrote: »
    You don't need to start editing the registry to get it back. Just right-click the program on the task bar, select "move", then hit the arrow keys on the keyboard. It'll pop to one of the corners of the screen, attached to the mouse. Alternatively, right-click the task bar itself and choose to cascade or tile the windows.

Thanks man, that worked for me.
  • Options
    xemononxemonon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks M8!
  • Options
    canary17canary17 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, everyone (and for finding a workaround)! We're taking a look at this!
    So glad I'm not the only one with this problem and that someone came up with a temporary fix for it.

Thank you, sominator, for looking into this as well.
  • Options
    dalozdaloz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks bro
  • Options
    suishokotakasuishokotaka Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone else "stuck" loading the start up through the launcher?
    My launcher is stuck with Not Responding.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    vonholtzvonholtz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Thank you this worked
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This might work as well (thanks, uglyjimmy!):

1. Start Neverwinter
    2. Start Task manager
    3. Applications tab
    4. Right click on Neverwinter and press Minimize
    5. Right click again and press Maximize
    (Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
    6. Escape to close launcher
    7. Start Neverwinter and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    naderennaderen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I actually had to edit the registry before I got mine to work.
  • Options
    darkestnight928darkestnight928 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I just got this issue and tried your solution, and it worked like a charm.

You're a savior.
  • Options
    narda1017narda1017 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since last patch. (Tried the other suggestions)
    Launcher will boot up and then lockup on cryptic screen.
    Getting Fatal Error: Unable to initialize ondemand patching
  • Options
    judicaturejudicature Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This worked for me thanks.
  • Options
    anzentantouanzentantou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013

thank you so much. tickets take long months to be answered but thank you for the help.
  • Options
    squeakinatorsqueakinator Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I deleted the Registry entry and that fixed it straight away.

Cheers!!!
  • Options
    eiguemarineseiguemarines Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Thank you so much :D
  • Options
    mariamaymariamay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had the same problem... but i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and lost my character that i had leveled up to 16... and can't figure how to get back to that toon.. if it's possible.. i had to make a new toon.... anyone know how to access that account? i used the same user name and stuff... so i'm not sure what i did...
This discussion has been closed.