Install Arc
Options

Launcher won't come out of taskbar

2»

Comments

• Options
    vimmavimma Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Props to big2fan for the fix that got me back into the game. Thanks a ton!

Note: I submitted this fix to the moderator of this forum to pass onto the code monkeys to get it in a distributable file or a .reg file or next patch.

Note to the mods: big2fan deserves a free 10 pack of keys or something equivalent. He saved you that much in time and effort alone! Make him a MVP or something but IMHO he deserves recognition for finding the real fix.
  • Options
    beriad1beriad1 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just had to do this too, silly that it doesn't work like intended
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    raginrobraginrob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I found the registry fix before I found this thread and the problem is that it will work one time and then once I come out of the game all the X and Y coordinates for WindoPos are back to EXTREME negative values.....
  • Options
    raginrobraginrob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    raginrob wrote: »
    I found the registry fix before I found this thread and the problem is that it will work one time and then once I come out of the game all the X and Y coordinates for WindoPos are back to EXTREME negative values.....

To add to this... I had this fixed by recreating the WindowPos. It gets re-created during launch (so there is no harm in deleting that value.)

It works great until the game has one of it's many crashes since the patch. Each time it crashes the WindowPos value gets corrupted again.

EDIT:
    Here is my WindoPos reg value after a crash, PLEASE NOTE the "X" and "Y" values are way off the screen!

{

List
    {
    Dlgresourceid 130
    X -32768
    Y -32768
    Width 802
    Height 623
    }
    }

If I change X and Y to positive values the launcher moves back to the screen on next launch. However another crash just corrupts them again.
  • Options
    varintufvarintuf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    big2fan wrote: »
    i also have this problem and i found a fix for it

first go to regedit.exe then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher/WindowPos
    then delete the WindowPos complete and launch the game again it will work then :)

u can also launch the game if u run the game in another user account in computer

Thank you so much this worked perfectly your a star. I was really getting annoyed with this one.
  • Options
    dragonclaw428dragonclaw428 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i get to my log in but its not letting me log into it. everything is correct i see the launch but i cant log in please help > <
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i get to my log in but its not letting me log into it. everything is correct i see the launch but i cant log in please help > <

Do you mean that you can see a box at the bottom of the screen that says Neverwinter but can't get the log in screen on to log into the game? if so you need to follow the instructions here - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?381891-Known-Issue-Launcher-Minimized-in-Taskbar
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . . If this (quoted below) isn't your issue, please create a new thread or reply to one on the same topic issue. Alternatively, you can contact Support. Closing this thread for Necromancy.
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Do you mean that you can see a box at the bottom of the screen that says Neverwinter but can't get the log in screen on to log into the game? if so you need to follow the instructions here - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?381891-Known-Issue-Launcher-Minimized-in-Taskbar
This discussion has been closed.