test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Requests for Spanish Localization

Comments

• frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can translate it for free if they want. Just PM me from any mod or dev.
  • cuentadoscuentados Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, Spanish is the 2nd most used language on all the world, and there's a big spanish comunity in your servers, so Why don't you translate game to spanish please?

Spanish people, please post in this message asking for a game on your language!!

PD: Forum don't allow to write accents and our national letter

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • piconsipiconsi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh yeah please TRANSLATE THE GAME TO SPANISH

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, English is the 2nd most spoken language, if you want Cryptic to cater to the biggest player base, you'll have to learn Chinese.
  • pinkleetpinkleet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol, pricless.
  • naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • mawy1991mawy1991 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • urizendorurizendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    English is NOT the 2nd, its the 3rd (though both are very close to each other, almost the same numbers).

By the way, I would also like a translation, im spanish too and have no problems with english but there are people who do.
  • naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Sorry, English is the 2nd most spoken language.

Sorry, but you are wrong; take a look on statistics before writting please.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since spanish has such a large community, you could take it upon yourselves to find some people willing to translate the game for free. :P
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've offered myself to do it for free a bunch of times... but still waiting for any kind of PM from the devs...
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Since spanish has such a large community, you could take it upon yourselves to find some people willing to translate the game for free. :P

Oh yeah, you can ask all users to work for free in every part of the game not only in translating to spanish, but I prefer a well paid worker on this times of unemployment to improve global economy of the world.

But ey, if you are so generous you can apply yourself to work for free for Cryptic scripting, creating new quests, programing new classes and races, making new gear, designing new armor models, or whatever you can do for help them! Thanks for you offer guy!
  • orgnlsinorgnlsin Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    piconsi wrote: »
    Oh yeah, you can ask all users to work for free in every part of the game not only in translating to spanish, but I prefer a well paid worker on this times of unemployment to improve global economy of the world.

But ey, if you are so generous you can apply yourself to work for free for Cryptic scripting, creating new quests, programing new classes and races, making new gear, designing new armor models, or whatever you can do for help them! Thanks for you offer guy!

Glad somebody understands what the Foundry is.
  • jonnyhaxvilejonnyhaxvile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it's already bad enough people linking stuff in chat that uses their locale
    seriously is it that hard to just use the english language instead?
    edited June 2013
    Up! Please SPANISH TRANSLATION!
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    it's already bad enough people linking stuff in chat that uses their locale
    seriously is it that hard to just use the english language instead?

This. I really hope they don't waste resources on translating it in more languages, at least for now.
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This game isn't offered in Mexico?..in South America?...aww so sad..English speakers really are on their money eh...Might be something to that!
  • helbjornhelbjorn Member Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Like anything else, if there's money in it, they'll do it. If not, oh well. I'm certain the bean counters have already advised them on the matter, so time will tell.

In the meantime, since its a game developed and published in the US, I suppose it would be best to keep adapting. Try starting an "English, please'" rant like this in a Spanish-speaking country like Mexico and see how much tolerance you encounter there.
  • musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think english speaking people should pay for spanish people to play for free, looks fair to me :)

Obviously, though not spanish, I support translation in spanish.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    piconsi wrote: »

Well, it stands to reason only a volunteer would get it done, as Cryptic can't pay ingame mods to monitor the report spam function...or that they can't pay people to moderate their forums, or they can't pay people to beta test their game before live release(matter of fact, they fleeced a good number of folks into PAYING THEM to beta test their product in private before releasing it to all the "little people"). Seems like Cryptic cuts budget corners on salaries and quality of product to me.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to take a moment to remind the posters that, in order for comments to be properly received and moderated, that the players post in English.

If you require assistance with translating your posts into English from your native language, please visit http://translate.google.com.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • shod24shod24 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    I talk spanish and its no need to translate the game. If you dont undestand, then is a great moment to learn while are playing. If you want to talk in spanish, there are guilds with your same language, so, there is not excuse.

But, in Foundry Quest, I would like see some key for seach the quest by one language: German, English, Spanish,...it will be intesting.
  • legionprolegionpro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    please spanish game now!!!!
  • wirlanwirlan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please, translate to Spanish!
    Please, open a subforo in Spanish.
  • jccyunior1jccyunior1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please, translate to Spanish!
    Please, open a subforo in Spanish.
  • cocodel8cocodel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello, I wanted to ask a question to the moderators:
    They plan to translate the game to the Spanish language.
    Somo enough players to speak this language, and we would like it to be translated into this also, as already been translated into other languages.

Thank you very much.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . We do not have any answer for you on this. I do know that they have made the game available in several major languages and would like to continue to localize the game for others as well. However, they have released no information as to any further consideration or development specifically to any other languages at this time. Taking into consideration how many speak Spanish in our Regions, and around the World, I would assume this is at least something still on the table for them.
  • amunrak29amunrak29 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hi.I like the ambience of the game, its story and gameplay but unfortunately the game is not in my language, Spanish.
    is possible to see a translation in the short term? apologies for my English