test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Requests for Spanish Localization

Comments

• melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i fully support this.
  • danfixdanfix Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    La comunidad latina-hispano parlante es extensa en Neverwinter, suena injusto que muchos otros idiomas tengan soporte para su idioma en el juego.

Google Translated:
    The Latin-Spanish speaking community is widespread in Neverwinter sounds unfair that many other languages ​​have support for your language in the game.
    edited November 2013
    danfix wrote: »
    La comunidad latina-hispano parlante es extensa en Neverwinter, suena injusto que muchos otros idiomas tengan soporte para su idioma en el juego.

threads like this are important because you're providing feedback to the developers about your gaming experience and how it could be better. while there is no guarantee that this will happen, it seems logical that the more interest there is for adding the spanish language, it's more likely that it could happen. at least more likely than if there was no interest at all.
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What about portuguese?
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I find there are far more Polish, German, Spanish and Portuguese "speakers" in this game than any other language outside of English. Yeah, there are others spoken about Protectors Enclave & Dungeons, but the ones I mentioned above seem to be the most predominant from my experiences.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • methillomethillo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My girlfriend would appreciate that, she has me translating everything in the game even though my english pretty much suck xD
  • macmiaumacmiau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi, I only have one question for you. When could you put the game in Spanish? Many people are waiting for the game in Spanish know entire clans waiting game in Spanish and thanks to our education system out of the ESO (compulsory school) came out with a level of very low English and we would love you to enjoy the story at all moments. Thanks and sorry for my English. ^^
  • macmiaumacmiau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it would have to do a type of survey and the players voted and we all want the game in our language to enjoy 100%! Since it is not fair just complain and wait for someone to fix it up. The Hispanic community is quite large and I think we have guides websites, wikis and even have foundrys in Spanish! No because they put the game before in Turkish or Russian because as already said Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language! Is not that awesome?
    But I think the real solution would be to do a survey because both the Portuguese and other languages ​​want their bad language would not decide among all.

Thank you all for support and I hope this continues to advance and continue to receive support.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Many people don't think the spanish speaking community isn't that big because many of us know english, but I would love to have the game in spanish too, I would be able to play with my boyfriend without having to be translating everything to him.
    So +1 for spanish translation.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • multicharamultichara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This game is execelent, except for one thing, he havent got SPANISH LANGUAGE, please add!!1
    edited January 2014
    as someone from the hispanic community, i definitely second this request and the more spanish speaking individuals that provide this feedback--be it in-game or in the forums--the more it will show PWE the importance of adding it. there has been no official word of what specific languages will be added, but they have said they do want to add more language options.

please do provide your feedback. i have seen some accusatory feedback concerning this and that's not really the right way to provide it. ser respetuoso y constructivo, por favor. gracias.
  • isansisans Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And Spanish...? When? I can't believe it.
  • krowendalkrowendal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The game is in italian, polish, turkish and no in spanish!!! I can believe it. Please many players in Spain and South America are waiting for the spanish translation.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Language localizations tend to follow pretty closely along with revenue sources. While I have not done an in depth study, it seems that revenue from Spanish speaking countries is about even with the revenue from Portuguese speaking countries (across video games in general), and most of that comes from Brazil. So I would expect that a Spanish localization will come out at some point, but it is not going to be at the top of the list. Outside of the US, in general, Germans, Russians, Poles, Italians, French and Turks spend a good deal of money on video games, pretty much in that order. Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese also spend a lot of money on video games, but they tend to be highly selective markets rather than broad based like the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I see Spanish in the zonechat about as often as I see Portuguese now, though. Revenue or not, there's a sizeable number of players who speak Spanish. We could really use a Spanish localization now more than ever. I'd almost be willing to help translate myself if my Spanish weren't muy mal.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • partekraneozpartekraneoz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello risk of being shown to revive an old thread, I wanted to contribute my bit to add to the appeal of a Spanish language translation while being only of texts.

Able to read the texts and would be a great improvement for the experience of playing this great game.

Excuse my English, I had to use google translator, is very basic and I express myself very badly so I had to use it, thanks.
  • edsenxedsenx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Spanish community is not just Spain, but also America. I can´t believe the revenue from the hispanic players is inferior to the Polish or Portuguese. The thing is, a good part of them don´t speak english, and that keeps them away from the game in the first place.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Looking at the number of countries or people that speak a given language is misdirecting at best.

Everybody points at Mandarin as the most spoken language and it is by population. With that in mind why doesn't everybody learn Mandarin? Because it is only useful in a very specific situation and to 99% of the rest of the world knowing Mandarin is as useful as knowing Pig Latin.

This is why world population is a horrible gauge for the importance of a language.

While people in the america's often think of Spanish as the second most important language in the world that is not necessarily true. Certainly in the states it is now to the point I can't walk to the corner of my street without seeing a sign in both Spanish and English (angry face) but this is, again, a localized version of importance.

Remember this is a video game so the only population that matters is gamers and prospective gamers.

While there are a lot of Spanish speaking people in the world they are not necessarily gamers. The sad reality is most Spanish speaking countries have a low standard of living and they lack the funds, time or technology to actually play video games.

The thing with Portuguese is that it is important because of Brazil. Brazil is a rising market for video games because their economy is booming and their standard of living is rising. The game industry has its eyes on Brazil as the next big market.

As for German and French, those are the main two languages used throughout all of Europe. If you live in Europe and do not know English chances are you do know either French or German.

In short languages are released in an order which makes sense to get the game available to the most amount of gamers. That is why most games always release English, French, German, Portuguese (in that order) first and not Spanish or Mandarin. I am sure they will continue to expand to new languages but looking at the world population is completely and utterly misleading as a gauge of language importance.
  • kancrakancra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi! I'm from Argentina and speek and write english pretty well, but still some aspects of the game are hard to get when the game is not in my lenguage, spanish.
    I've read all pages of this post, and agreed to some of it.
    I don't think that translating can be so hard or expensive, most games are translated to a large number of lenguages.
    If it is expensive, I think that putting some money there is not going to hurt, a lot of people don't play this game becouse they don't undestand english.
    Some say "go to a spanish guild", not everybody's willing to help translating everything all the time, and you know this is true.
    The patch for spanish lenguage is needed, it's not that we have nothing to do but to write in the forum just for fun, saying Please give us the option for spanish lenguage!!!
    I hope is just a matter of time, and that the patch is on it's way.
    We, spanish speaking people need it.
    Thank you.

PS. Saying that spanish speaking people have a low standard of life is not konwing that there are a lot of different countries in south america and that there are a lot of different standards of life too.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kancra wrote: »
    Hi! I'm from Argentina and speek and write english pretty well, but still some aspects of the game are hard to get when the game is not in my lenguage, spanish.
    I've read all pages of this post, and agreed to some of it.
    I don't think that translating can be so hard or expensive, most games are translated to a large number of lenguages.
    If it is expensive, I think that putting some money there is not going to hurt, a lot of people don't play this game becouse they don't undestand english.
    Some say "go to a spanish guild", not everybody's willing to help translating everything all the time, and you know this is true.
    The patch for spanish lenguage is needed, it's not that we have nothing to do but to write in the forum just for fun, saying Please give us the option for spanish lenguage!!!
    I hope is just a matter of time, and that the patch is on it's way.
    We, spanish speaking people need it.
    Thank you.

PS. Saying that spanish speaking people have a low standard of life is not konwing that there are a lot of different countries in south america and that there are a lot of different standards of life too.

Outside of major population centers, the infrastructure just isn't there for gaming...plus many people cannot even afford a computer let alone an internet connection, and much less a high speed connection of any sort required these days for gaming.

You have to have more than just a computer. Local providers also have to have the infrastructure laid down to support high volume, high-speed gaming....and for many South American countries (again, outside of major population centers) that is still very much a pipe dream.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited April 2014
    mod note: i went through and cleaned up this thread a bit. a number of threads requesting spanish localization in-game have been merged into this thread and i have changed the thread title to fit what it has become: requests for spanish localization. let's please keep the posts on-topic. thanks.

do not reply to this moderation note. instead, send us a PM if you'd like to discuss it.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Kankra,

I promise you PWE understands everything you said.

The ease of access is extremely important to players. All I explained is why Spanish translations are not higher on the priority list.

And while it is easy to say it should be translated there are likely hundreds of thousands of sentences to translate. It is no minor task. I would fathom it is more about time than money. :)
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Beckem, sadly I don't think they'll provide language specific servers (as the plan is to merge the existing servers into one at some point in the future).

However, they should absolutely provide localised versions of the client! If they're not doing that already, hopefully it is in the pipeline.

They have a Russian-specific server. Why not Spanish?
    edited April 2014
    Localized servers are only provided when laws prevent those countries from joining the main server.

That is why we can not opt to join the Russian or Chinese server.

Russia and China are segregated because of their countries' laws and not because of languages.
  • kancrakancra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Kankra,

I promise you PWE understands everything you said.

The ease of access is extremely important to players. All I explained is why Spanish translations are not higher on the priority list.

And while it is easy to say it should be translated there are likely hundreds of thousands of sentences to translate. It is no minor task. I would fathom it is more about time than money. :)

Thanks for your answer, I hope is just a matter of time.
  • daniell501daniell501 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hope it's only a matter of time.

Honestly I think the target audience in Spanish speaking countries is larger than what you think.
    edited April 2014
    I never said it was small.

I said it is smaller than those who speak English, German, French (as people in Europe are all but guaranteed to speak at least one of those three) and smaller than Portuguese due the Brazil being the huge upcoming market. ;)

And if you have any doubt about Brazil do a bit of research. You'll find plenty of hype in the gaming industry about the future of Brazil both in regards to video games and other markets.