test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When will PvP be fixed? (Gearscore matching, or ranking)

zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
When will you people fix your PvP so that new level 60s with no gear will stop being matched with pre-mades with tons of gear?

And if you're a scrub who thinks people who "earn" (aka have no life and play a lot) gear should be able to crush newbies with no gear:
a) die in a fire, you are a waste of life, and
b) most mmo's at least have a Ranking system so that highly Ranked players are matched, while low ranked players are matched, to give you the illusion that its skill (not just gear) which decides matches.

I am looking for a PW response here with a date + time. Preferably tomorrow or, latest, by monday.
Thanks.
Post edited by zaodun on

Comments

• Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zaodun wrote: »
    I am looking for a PW response here with a date + time. Preferably tomorrow or, latest, by monday.
    Thanks.

Giggle. You sound like a wonderful person.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Giggle. You sound like a wonderful person.

I am mean because I asked for a date and am slightly demanding over something that should have been in the game since its inception?

I can understand bugs, I am a software designer myself. This thread isn't about a bug. Its about a design flaw so blatant that the person at PWE that designed PvP for this game has to be mentally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to have left out a proper matching scheme for balance purposes, either a GS match (not great because GS itself is buggy), or a super-simple Ranking system which just about every other PvP system in the universe has.
  • Options
    osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am mean because I asked for a date and am slightly demanding over something that should have been in the game since its inception?

I can understand bugs, I am a software designer myself. This thread isn't about a bug. Its about a design flaw so blatant that the person at PWE that designed PvP for this game has to be mentally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to have left out a proper matching scheme for balance purposes, either a GS match (not great because GS itself is buggy), or a super-simple Ranking system which just about every other PvP system in the universe has.

I've found that they specifically ignore posts like yours. Be broad and stupid, and they might respond with something like "Teheehee somethings on the way"
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok tell me what will stop people form unequipping their gear to certain gearscore and then queue up - equip their gear in the match so they can play vs low geared people ?
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game was originally designed as a co-op game, not an MMORPG.

The goalposts shifted when PWE took over and thought they'd make more money with it as a MMORPG.

I imagine a lot of the problems we are seeing at due to the see-change in how this game was supposed to be played.
  • Options
    osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok tell me what will stop people form unequipping their gear to certain gearscore and then queue up - equip their gear in the match so they can play vs low geared people ?

Bind inventory completely, or simply put a limit on what range of items can be equipped while inside a certain pvp instance.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osadamask wrote: »
    Bind inventory completely, or simply put a limit on what range of items can be equipped while inside a certain pvp instance.

Basically this. Or check the GS score maximum of all the items you have on you when you accept. If the maximum score of items equipped and in your inventory is to high you get a warning and can't join.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    As pointed out, GS matching is a poor way to do matching. Ranking is better. If you don't understand what Ranking is, it means you play a match, and either win or lose. Your wins and losses affect your ranking. It is possible to also factor other things into your Ranking, such as your personal score on the scoreboard. Ranking is then used to match you in future matches.

So, you can't "game" a Ranking system like you can "game" a GS matching system. This is why %99.9999999999 of all PvP games have a ranking system.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd just withdraw support from PVP all together. It ends up ruining almost every other MMORPG out there in terms of changes to classes / balancing.

They already implement a level range - are you now suggesting that they narrow the gap even further?? Is this any different to playing in the 51-59 range as a level 51??

What will happen next? The parties must have the exact same classes, with the exact same gear?? What happens to the losing team then - what do they complain about next?

If it bothers you that much, leave PVP, do some PVE for a bit, get better gear and go back to PVP. Unfortunately, I guarantee you'll never be happy as PVP in NW is unbalanced, buggy and filled with bots / people who quit after being killed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    I'd just withdraw support from PVP all together. It ends up ruining almost every other MMORPG out there in terms of changes to classes / balancing.

They already implement a level range - are you now suggesting that they narrow the gap even further?? Is this any different to playing in the 51-59 range as a level 51??

What will happen next? The parties must have the exact same classes, with the exact same gear?? What happens to the losing team then - what do they complain about next?

If it bothers you that much, leave PVP, do some PVE for a bit, get better gear and go back to PVP. Unfortunately, I guarantee you'll never be happy as PVP in NW is unbalanced, buggy and filled with bots / people who quit after being killed.

This is the standard reply of what is called a "scrub", in PvP jargon. This player can't beat people with equal power and better skills, so they rely on having higher power via superior gear.

Every one from level 10-59 has similar gear, as no one "pimps" out their gear in those levels.
    Level 60 is its own bracket, but the difference in gear is the mathematical EQUIVALENT of matching a level 10 (ungeared 60) vs a level 40 or higher (geared 60). This isn't up for debate, its the single most well-known fact of all MMORPG gear-based progression PvP systems.

Again, for the scrubs like the above poster, this is why %99.9999999999 of PvP systems (MMO or otherwise) have Ranking Systems.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Please don't call me a scrub, if PVP fell of the edge of the Earth, I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I play PVP to have fun - sometimes I win, sometimes I die - I very rarely get upset about it.

Trying to balance PVP in any game, nevermind Neverwinter's poor attempt will always end in failure as long as other people share the same characters and skills for non-PVP fun.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

You're a pompous, self-important clown, mostly. The word "mean" is your own.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Level 60 is its own bracket, but the difference in gear is the mathematical EQUIVALENT of matching a level 10 (ungeared 60) vs a level 40 or higher (geared 60). This isn't up for debate, its the single most well-known fact of all MMORPG gear-based progression PvP systems.

Again, for the scrubs like the above poster, this is why %99.9999999999 of PvP systems (MMO or otherwise) have Ranking Systems.

I don't see any evidence for your stats, but I suggest they are incorrect, which only weakens your own argument and makes you look silly.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    When will you people fix your PvP so that new level 60s with no gear will stop being matched with pre-mades with tons of gear?

And if you're a scrub who thinks people who "earn" (aka have no life and play a lot) gear should be able to crush newbies with no gear:
    a) die in a fire, you are a waste of life, and
    b) most mmo's at least have a Ranking system so that highly Ranked players are matched, while low ranked players are matched, to give you the illusion that its skill (not just gear) which decides matches.

Thanks.

You will sadly be waiting for a while for that (response, date, and time) for what you are asking.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    ohgrxohgrx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another question may be: why the @#*@ can't I buy a single piece of pvp gear when I have 6300~ glory and can't even buy the 3150 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... fix your @#&amp;* please.. and buff GF more also. (/angrydrunk)
  • Options
    bl00dzeusbl00dzeus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    agreed they need a better match making system, its annoying going in as a random and playing a guild of uber geared people.

I like pvp, the fun ones are the close ones where people adapt to what is happening. I have won and lost fun matches this way.

Worst thing is when someone leaves and you dont get a new guy, your team normally just gets massacred at that point.

So... +1 MMS +1 keep teams 5v5 !
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Its Monday, where is my response from PWE?
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please don't call me a scrub, if PVP fell of the edge of the Earth, I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I play PVP to have fun - sometimes I win, sometimes I die - I very rarely get upset about it.

Trying to balance PVP in any game, nevermind Neverwinter's poor attempt will always end in failure as long as other people share the same characters and skills for non-PVP fun.

You do realize pvp is a very important factor in neverwinter, now that GG is out yeah?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    You're a pompous, self-important clown, mostly. The word "mean" is your own.

Don't most important people in society fall under that category?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't see any evidence for your stats, but I suggest they are incorrect, which only weakens your own argument and makes you look silly.

So your suggesting without any evidence too? Hilarious!
  • Options
    mardeab83mardeab83 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    wow so much rage in this thread... **** I so wish I was a part of this...
    and I really LoL'd when I read this "Its Monday, where is my response from PWE?"
    like a 'tude like that has ever worked, anywhere at anytime in any reality, mahahaha!
    best troll I have ever read or Zaodun is a middle manager with a freshly printed MBA.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    a battle ground which is kinda what we have. Not a true arena say as in WoW. There are no ranking and should never be. This is why we also build low lvl Twinks in games to crush other players its tons of fun and what we PvP crazy players do. We just think of millions of ways to kill you. That is PvP. I personally would love for world PvP so I can PK players while questing so they rage. This game needs that in a big way. World PvP is where its at.

Time to play my twink and finish gearing him to the fullest. Take as many potion buffs I can get and 1 shot player in the 10-19 bracket. /cheers
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    a battle ground which is kinda what we have. Not a true arena say as in WoW. There are no ranking and should never be. This is why we also build low lvl Twinks in games to crush other players its tons of fun and what we PvP crazy players do. We just think of millions of ways to kill you. That is PvP. I personally would love for world PvP so I can PK players while questing so they rage. This game needs that in a big way. World PvP is where its at.

Time to play my twink and finish gearing him to the fullest. Take as many potion buffs I can get and 1 shot player in the 10-19 bracket. /cheers

Its not often that someone admits they suck at PvP on a forum. Thanks for the refreshing change of pace.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Sounds like a waste of time without the ability to stop leveling.

I do agree that having open world PVP capabilities like Lineage 2 would be nice. However, to prevent trolls like you appear to be, they'd have to split the shards into PVP and PVE. PKing L 20 players with your L 60 is lame.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Its not often that someone admits they suck at PvP on a forum. Thanks for the refreshing change of pace.

Lol when someone admits they suck let me know. I love my PvP. I can see your hatred towards serious PvPers.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Sounds like a waste of time without the ability to stop leveling.

I do agree that having open world PVP capabilities like Lineage 2 would be nice. However, to prevent trolls like you appear to be, they'd have to split the shards into PVP and PVE. PKing L 20 players with your L 60 is lame.

Not a waste of time. Just have to be smart. Join a BG. Kill 20 players the leave before the match ends. You dominated got your PvP in and got no exp for the fun. That is how you twink currently till they allow you to turn off your experience.

You are using the same toon in that bracket.. its 20 vs 20. a Twink is the same lvl just geared to the teeth for that lvl. Hence the name Twinked.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Lol when someone admits they suck let me know.

Ok, you admit you suck at PvP right here:
    There are no ranking and should never be. This is why we also build low lvl Twinks in games to crush other players

That is a direct quote of you admitting you suck at PvP (translated from "scrub" to "english").
  • Options
    chokethesmurfchokethesmurf Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Funny thing about this whole thing is that on all my chars i have T1 PvP gear on all my chars, and yet i still beat some people that have T2. So idk what youre talking about needing the gearscore differences. I have a 9500 Gs rogue that still beats 11k peeps.
  • Options
    nyxandrianyxandria Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    In WoW this happens all the time and nobody seems to cry about it? What's your problem?
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really want a ranking system, and I want such a ranking system to be used to balance out the characters in PvP and have every class and every tree rank reasonably the same so that skill wins out in the end.