test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When will PvP be fixed? (Gearscore matching, or ranking)

2»

Comments

• Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not a waste of time. Just have to be smart. Join a BG. Kill 20 players the leave before the match ends. You dominated got your PvP in and got no exp for the fun. That is how you twink currently till they allow you to turn off your experience.

You are using the same toon in that bracket.. its 20 vs 20. a Twink is the same lvl just geared to the teeth for that lvl. Hence the name Twinked.

Yes, I am well aware of what a twink is, but the fact that ******bags drop pvp is why they need to punish people who drop pvp. I don't care if you've got triple the power on a twink then everyone else, because thats the point...but dropping pvp is lame.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shajib1234 wrote: »
    (1) You do realize pvp is a very important factor in neverwinter, now that GG is out yeah?

(2) So your suggesting without any evidence too? Hilarious!

1 - You are seriously suggesting that the 'pvp' element of GG, which (as far as I can tell) is 4 separate groups running around in a round-robin fashion with little-to-no communication is making people stand up and pay attention?

2 - You clearly don't understand how statistics work - when someone fires a bunch of numbers at you - its for THEM to prove they are correct, not the other way around. That's the reason why the author has to provide the references and quotes when writing anything which is suggested as being factual. Anything that doesn't have the necessary evidence to back it up should be considered hearsay (which is what I suggested).
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Yes, I am well aware of what a twink is, but the fact that ******bags drop pvp is why they need to punish people who drop pvp. I don't care if you've got triple the power on a twink then everyone else, because thats the point...but dropping pvp is lame.

Your team wins the match cause you dominate then at the last second you say gl and leave so that way you get NO experience. Its the only way till we can turn off Experience. Cause the whole point is to not lvl.
  • Options
    zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    Hey, PWE!

You are way behind on fixing this issue.

CHOP CHOP, I don't have all day, people!
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zaodun wrote: »
    When will you people fix your PvP so that new level 60s with no gear will stop being matched with pre-mades with tons of gear?

And if you're a scrub who thinks people who "earn" (aka have no life and play a lot) gear should be able to crush newbies with no gear:
    a) die in a fire, you are a waste of life, and
    b) most mmo's at least have a Ranking system so that highly Ranked players are matched, while low ranked players are matched, to give you the illusion that its skill (not just gear) which decides matches.

I am looking for a PW response here with a date + time. Preferably tomorrow or, latest, by monday.
    Thanks.

I lol@ you and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in your general direction, as you sir are a tool.

It took my cleric(first character), TWO days, yes TWO
    >2, once I hit 60, to get a GS over 10k. I did a couple dungeons, did some delves, got my gear, "earned" it.

If you are incapable of playing for a fiew hours to do some Delves over the course of a couple days. Then you are beyond help, go play nintendo. Stop wasting your ****ing time crying on the forums, looking like an idiot cuz you are too lazy to do some dungeons and get some gear.

No one cares if you get crushed in PvP. The ability to get gear in this game is disgustingly easy

Now....Go slap yourself in the face for being stupid and whiny baby pants
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I lol@ you and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in your general direction, as you sir are a tool.

It took my cleric(first character), TWO days, yes TWO
    >2, once I hit 60, to get a GS over 10k. I did a couple dungeons, did some delves, got my gear, "earned" it.

If you are incapable of playing for a fiew hours to do some Delves over the course of a couple days. Then you are beyond help, go play nintendo. Stop wasting your ****ing time crying on the forums, looking like an idiot cuz you are too lazy to do some dungeons and get some gear.

No one cares if you get crushed in PvP. The ability to get gear in this game is disgustingly easy

Now....Go slap yourself in the face for being stupid and whiny baby pants

Sounds to me like your the tool and a rude one at that, forums are for discussion don't like whats being discussed? get lost, can't comment without being abusive? get lost.

Some of us have lives in the past 3 days i managed to get 1 DD that's it, had time to run one other dungeon got nothing.
    All the way to 60 i did dungeons and did not get one item if DD was not running, so while it is easy its also very time consuming and some of us have a life so keep it to ya stinky attitude to ya self.

The OP has a point you get 10k GS and it don't mean nothing in most games as people are packing 13k plus and destroy those with a lesser GS.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    Sounds to me like your the tool and a rude one at that, forums are for discussion don't like whats being discussed? get lost, can't comment without being abusive? get lost.

Some of us have lives in the past 3 days i managed to get 1 DD that's it, had time to run one other dungeon got nothing.
    All the way to 60 i did dungeons and did not get one item if DD was not running, so while it is easy its also very time consuming and some of us have a life so keep it to ya stinky attitude to ya self.

The OP has a point you get 10k GS and it don't mean nothing in most games as people are packing 13k plus and destroy those with a lesser GS.

Lol you two should go cry in a corner together it seems.

Hes crying because his gear is bad. But its easy to get gear, even for people that cant play much

This isnt a "discussion"....its a cry baby fest of tears
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    I'd just withdraw support from PVP all together. It ends up ruining almost every other MMORPG out there in terms of changes to classes / balancing.

PvErs and Role Players ruin every perfectly good MMO with their narrow minded sense of class balance.

Isn't conjecture fun?
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Games should be balanced around 1v1 PvP for basic abilities and gear. The PvE side, then gets the added bonus of EXTRA abilities that can not be used in any PvP situation because they are grayed out in PvP. Problem solved over a decade ago, no need to re-invent the wheel here.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    malkavier wrote: »
    Games should be balanced around 1v1 PvP for basic abilities and gear. The PvE side, then gets the added bonus of EXTRA abilities that can not be used in any PvP situation because they are grayed out in PvP. Problem solved over a decade ago, no need to re-invent the wheel here.

Not sure what yer talking about.

I played hard core EQ 1 pvp for nearly 10 years, you could use every skill. Same build, pvp or pve. Skill actually mattered.

The problems with games nowadays is everyone feels "entitled" to items they havent earned. Not everyone is on the same level, they never will be, in any game for the rest of time. Get better, or go play a differant game
  • Options
    jawarisinjawarisin Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Never had any trouble, even with green gear when I JUST hit 60 and was looking to get pvp gear. I made 3 characters, and never had any trouble with it either. If you are any competent, you can do fine with green gear. It sure does have an advantage, but most players are like you: So bad you dont even need good gear to beat them.
    CW Renegade comprehensive build+guide PvP:
    Here for the build+guide
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Lol you two should go cry in a corner together it seems.

Hes crying because his gear is bad. But its easy to get gear, even for people that cant play much

This isnt a "discussion"....its a cry baby fest of tears

I am not crying I am pointing out gear is not that easy to get if you have a life, which you obviously don't if it only took you 2 days of playing to gear up to 10k, go get some fresh air.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Not sure what yer talking about.

I played hard core EQ 1 pvp for nearly 10 years, you could use every skill. Same build, pvp or pve. Skill actually mattered.

The problems with games nowadays is everyone feels "entitled" to items they havent earned. Not everyone is on the same level, they never will be, in any game for the rest of time. Get better, or go play a differant game

And when the divide get so big and you cannot do any T2 instances with groups as they do not want any one with less than 12k GS then the people who can run the dungeons run out of people to go with as they get bored and then no one does dungeons? yeah that's going to help the game a lot. I have been an hour in 3 queues and not one pop as a DC, so dungeons are already slowing down and when you only get a couple of hours here and there and can't actually do anything, then your right we may as well go play a different game and you can play on your own and be uber elite because there's no one left to play with and the game dies.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    jawarisin wrote: »
    Never had any trouble, even with green gear when I JUST hit 60 and was looking to get pvp gear. I made 3 characters, and never had any trouble with it either. If you are any competent, you can do fine with green gear. It sure does have an advantage, but most players are like you: So bad you dont even need good gear to beat them.

Hahahaha go in to level 60 pvp in green gear and come back and tell me you did alright? try it as a cleric and watch how fast you get burned. In fact in green gear i don't think it matters what class you play your gonna die extremely fast.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I am not crying I am pointing out gear is not that easy to get if you have a life, which you obviously don't if it only took you 2 days of playing to gear up to 10k, go get some fresh air.

I have a full time job, as I work in the Oil Field. I work over 280 days out of the year. If I can find the time, to do a couple dungeons and get gear, so can everyone else.

If you are not a complete tool in this game, by the time you reach lvl 60, there is no reason why you shouldnt have "atleast" 80k in AD.

I had around 100 from selling items. I bought a fiew purples that all sell for very cheap, and got my GS up enough to do T2 dungeons.

Again, all I hear is crying. You have some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sense of entitlement, that because you are incapable of doing the most mundane of tasks, that take little time, to get yourself some gear. You sir make me laugh, and I fire guys like you constantly in my line of work, because they dont want to put in a little effort to get ahead, instead, want things handed to them.

Go play a differant game, that obviously isnt for you.

I hear in Mario Brothers everyone gets the same gear
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    And when the divide get so big and you cannot do any T2 instances with groups as they do not want any one with less than 12k GS then the people who can run the dungeons run out of people to go with as they get bored and then no one does dungeons? yeah that's going to help the game a lot. I have been an hour in 3 queues and not one pop as a DC, so dungeons are already slowing down and when you only get a couple of hours here and there and can't actually do anything, then your right we may as well go play a different game and you can play on your own and be uber elite because there's no one left to play with and the game dies.

I have never, not even once, joined a Q solo looking for a group. PE is flooded with people asking for folks to do dungeons. If I cant go with my guild, i wait 4 seconds and find a group in /zone. I suggest you try it
  • Options
    zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013

Here is a prime example of a post from what we call "scrubs" in PvP jargon. This player sucks at PvP, and can only beat others if they have a mechanical advantage. i.e. he has 0 skill.

These scrub players always try to portray having higher gear as "earned advantage", as if having no life and paying Zen for the best enchants in the game is somehow "normal" and "the way PvP should be." Its exactly these kinds of scrub noobs that ruin PvP and let game designers like PWE get away with launching a game with PvP that has no RANKING SYSTEM.

See, if this game had a ranking system the above scrub would be in a high bracket (due to his "leet skills", aka his gear) and he would be getting crushed by players with equal power and better skills, and thus find himself quickly pushed down to lower brackets where he would remain forever.

So, remember kids, scrubs like the loser I quoted above oppose ranking systems because they suck and have no skill. Anyone with actual skill WANTS a ranking system, so we can have ACTUAL CHALLENGES in PvP, which is where the real fun is at. Ganking lowbies/people with crappy gear is only fun for scrubs.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Here is a prime example of a post from what we call "scrubs" in PvP jargon. This player sucks at PvP, and can only beat others if they have a mechanical advantage. i.e. he has 0 skill.

These scrub players always try to portray having higher gear as "earned advantage", as if having no life and paying Zen for the best enchants in the game is somehow "normal" and "the way PvP should be." Its exactly these kinds of scrub noobs that ruin PvP and let game designers like PWE get away with launching a game with PvP that has no RANKING SYSTEM.

See, if this game had a ranking system the above scrub would be in a high bracket (due to his "leet skills", aka his gear) and he would be getting crushed by players with equal power and better skills, and thus find himself quickly pushed down to lower brackets where he would remain forever.

So, remember kids, scrubs like the loser I quoted above oppose ranking systems because they suck and have no skill. Anyone with actual skill WANTS a ranking system, so we can have ACTUAL CHALLENGES in PvP, which is where the real fun is at. Ganking lowbies/people with crappy gear is only fun for scrubs.

I'm all about ranking systems.

My gear isnt that high, I'm just good at being a DC. I encourage you to join me for PvP if your on Mindflayer. I dont mind showing you what an actual "scrub" feels like, when getting crushed by a guy with mediocre "earned" gear and elite skill.

Barabus The Gray
    X.o.X.o
    Mindflayer

Devlin The Wicked
    X.o.X.o
    Mindflayer

I'm playing right now, feel free to come inspect my "oh so uber" rank 5 enchants
  • Options
    jkizz35jkizz35 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another idea would be sort of like an Arena type PvP where higher-GS/Rank players and also full Guilds can go into separately. Many times I have gone into PvP just to get wasted by a group of all guildies in full or near-full gear. I think a full guild group should have to que separately to go against other full guild groups. Putting a guild group against a pug group just ruins it because the guild has significant advantages over a pug group. Some of them would be: communication, knowing each others characters to cover them, many make sure everyone is fully geared, and others. Just a separate PvP que for full guild groups would be great to fix this and the GS/Ranking system would fix many problems with PvP as well.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When will you people fix your PvP so that new level 60s with no gear will stop being matched with pre-mades with tons of gear?

And if you're a scrub who thinks people who "earn" (aka have no life and play a lot) gear should be able to crush newbies with no gear:
    b) most mmo's at least have a Ranking system so that highly Ranked players are matched, while low ranked players are matched, to give you the illusion that its skill (not just gear) which decides matches.

I am looking for a PW response here with a date + time. Preferably tomorrow or, latest, by monday.
    Thanks.

129763381732582.jpg
  • Options
    jarrryyjarrryy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Two Abstract Oil Paintings by British professional Francis Breads, such as the first painting he ever promoted, have fetched more than £21m at a London, uk, uk community public auction, according to the BBC. Go III, which promoted for £150 at Bacon
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jarrryy wrote: »
    Two Abstract Oil Paintings by British professional Francis Breads, such as the first painting he ever promoted, have fetched more than £21m at a London, uk, uk community public auction, according to the BBC. Go III, which promoted for £150 at Bacon

tumblr_m8023aw1tC1rvv4qro1_400.gif
  • Options
    zaodanzaodan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jkizz35 wrote: »
    Another idea would be sort of like an Arena type PvP where higher-GS/Rank players and also full Guilds can go into separately. Many times I have gone into PvP just to get wasted by a group of all guildies in full or near-full gear. I think a full guild group should have to que separately to go against other full guild groups. Putting a guild group against a pug group just ruins it because the guild has significant advantages over a pug group. Some of them would be: communication, knowing each others characters to cover them, many make sure everyone is fully geared, and others. Just a separate PvP que for full guild groups would be great to fix this and the GS/Ranking system would fix many problems with PvP as well.

Not that SWTOR was super awesome or anything, but they DID have "Queue Solo" and "Queue Group", and (I believe) it made matches that way (solos vs solos, groups vs groups). I hereby give PWE permission to totally ninja that idea.

Along with ranking!
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Thanks.

I will take off all my gear and Que. Then equip all my gear and 1 shot players in Greens. lol. You mad.