test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cancelled quests- can not get them back.

discorddiscorddiscorddiscord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am in the whispering caverns and cancelled all my quests for the area assuming i could go back and pick them up again, but I cannot see how to. Anyone have a similar problem?
Post edited by discorddiscord on

Comments

• discorddiscorddiscorddiscord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    Someone else must of had this problem!
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe you are too high of a lvl now? Not sure if there is a cap on quests or not. I went back to one of the later zones and still had a quest or two available that I hadn't completed before..
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    Maybe you are too high of a lvl now? Not sure if there is a cap on quests or not. I went back to one of the later zones and still had a quest or two available that I hadn't completed before..

Whispering Caverns is the final quest zone. It's lv58+. Outleveling, not the issue. :)

...it does seem odd that you can't just drop a quest and re-get it from the questgiver, you can do that in just about every MMO out there. Oversight/bug, or a deliberate (poorly thought out) attempt to keep farmers from grinding the same quest (or the first 80% of it) over and over again?
  • terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can already grind the instances over and over as long as you don't kill the boss. I've had to do some of them two or three times because of disconnecting or finally getting in a dungeon group right in the middle.
  • discorddiscorddiscorddiscord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    Well if it stops you from continuing the campaign then it is a BIG problem.
  • poisonyann1poisonyann1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can abandon and pick up any of my quests again and again. Are you 100% sure your looking at the right NPCs to get the quests from? I know whispering caverns has multiple maps on it to get the quests, so if you can't see the NPCs with quests on your map you might have to go through the portal first.
    ;) Check out Malabog's Defense, my first good-length foundy : NW-DOPJBTXO9 :cool:
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Whispering Caverns may be the final zone however when I did it I hit 60 halfway through and my quests were grayed out...I looked at the level for them, the ones in the mines, and it said lvl 56. I still had Temple of the Primordial in my quest list and that was 58 so...outleveling is definitely possible.
  • swissmercswissmerc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have found that if you have out-levelled the quests in a zone you, quite often, do not see the exclamation mark over the quest giver's head and you have to talk to all the NPCs to find out what quests they have.
    edited June 2013
    I talked to all npcs- no quests available.
    edited July 2013
    This is game breaking- doesnt anyone know how to get my quests back?
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Are you sure the quests you had were for that zone and not some other zone?

You can always go talk to NPCs and pick up quests that you have yet to complete.
    edited July 2013
    pretty sure whispering caverns- lvl 60 or so. No npcs have quests for me- I did have some quests to kill illithid previously that i never completed.
  • lorkulorku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pretty sure whispering caverns- lvl 60 or so. No npcs have quests for me- I did have some quests to kill illithid previously that i never completed.

Same here, dropped some quests in Whispering Caverns and cannot get them back.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    You can always go talk to NPCs and pick up quests that you have yet to complete.

True. I missed the level 30 clock tower bag quest the first time around, went back and did it at level 60 no problem. The NPC didn't have the ! over his head or map marker, just have to find them and talk to them directly.

It works, for that quest anyway.
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have the exact same issue. I've submitted a ticket and am awaiting a response. Not being able to complete the endgame would be a big deal breaker for me.
  • shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you can recall the quest that you lost, you can go back to the zone, and in Zone Chat, ask if any players can share that quest with you. this requires them adding you to their party and then they can share the lost quest via "share" button at bottom right page of journal window.

Hopefully this can get you back to the campaign. If not then making a help ticket will be your only option.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
    edited October 2013
    shiralac wrote: »
    If you can recall the quest that you lost, you can go back to the zone, and in Zone Chat, ask if any players can share that quest with you. this requires them adding you to their party and then they can share the lost quest via "share" button at bottom right page of journal window.

Hopefully this can get you back to the campaign. If not then making a help ticket will be your only option.

Thanks for your response. I hope that having to share the quest isn't the case as I really enjoy the solo aspect of adventuring. Hopefully, they can fix this so I can get to play the endgame (since I'm mostly PvE, this is kinda crucial).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sharing the quest doesn't require you to complete it in a party. It just gets the quest into your journal. You can then go do it alone if you're so inclined.

Edit:
    By the way, except for completism's sake, and getting a kind of neat item from the final area quest, nothing prevents you from heading off to do whatever level 60 content you want without doing the Whispering Caverns. I haven't done this zone yet with either character I've got running around in Sharandar.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Did you check with Sergeant Knox?
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
    edited October 2013
    I've tried going back to Sergeant Knox with no results. I've also tried sharing the quest, but for some strange reason that won't work either. I submitted a ticked yesterday and hopefully I get some response.
    edited October 2013
    So I finally have my answer (and everyone else who has this problem). Straight from Perfect World themselves through an email:

<< Please do not repost CS correspondence. See section 3.03 of RoC. >>

Strange, I was Level 60 when I started the quests and left to do something else. Not like I've leveled past it. I love playing a game and then finding out I can't get to the endgame unless I create another character. There is still lots to do in Neverwinter however, this is a little much. I really can't believe they would tell someone that they can't finish the story-portion of the game. Strange.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's bizarre. You typically can't outlevel completing a quest, just having markers for it show up. If you talk to the NPCs anyway, the quests are there. And of course, in the final zone, you shouldn't be able to outlevel even the markers.

FYI, sometimes Customer Service is wrong about things, or didn't understand the question.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2013
    That's bizarre. You typically can't outlevel completing a quest, just having markers for it show up.

FYI, sometimes Customer Service is wrong about things, or didn't understand the question.

Yes that is my only hope. I can't get the achievements without the end game :(. I'm going to keep trying to share the quests I need and see if that will finally work.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Closing this because it was necro'd yesterday. See Rule 3.13, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.