test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 6-28-13 12AM PDT

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone!

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance tonight at 12AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?) to address the empty dialog box issue that some players have been experiencing.

Estimated downtime is 2 hours, and patch notes are available here.

Thank you! :)

Update 1 (12AM PDT): Maintenance has begun!
Update 2 (1AM PDT): Maintenance is complete, an hour ahead of schedule! Welcome back to Neverwinter! :)
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks for the update :)
  • Options
    mediahobbitmediahobbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you!
  • Options
    tnbwilltnbwill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seriously? TWO hours to fix this?
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tnbwill wrote: »
    Seriously? TWO hours to fix this?

well its just estimated

they also prolly want to test that everything is ok and stuff. 2 hrs is not that much
  • Options
    shrewdlogarithmshrewdlogarithm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they also prolly want to test that everything is ok and stuff

They're supposed to do that BEFORE they deploy it - but as they've been caught (for the nth time) with their pants-off AGAIN we know they just don't bother doing that...
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you please remove the T1 items from DD chest in T2 dungeons? I really HATE spending so much time and get a crappy bound T1 belt 99% of the time.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?376472-Crappy-drops-all-day-long&p=4773282#post4773282

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    keytherkeyther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I lost two awards becouse cant take eh no dialog no nothing
  • Options
    shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They're supposed to do that BEFORE they deploy it - but as they've been caught (for the nth time) with their pants-off AGAIN we know they just don't bother doing that...

Testing on a test server can only do so much. Released to a live server with 100,000+ players, all making complex decisions and doing things in ways maybe not thought out by the developers? Hard to say. Having worked in the field, you have no idea what it's like on their side. Stop getting your panties twisted up, grow a big-boy set, sit down and shut up and be thankful you have a free game to play.
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • Options
    fenghuang1fenghuang1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    think i have a similar bug where i cannot talk to NPC's to accept quests complete quests etc - basically means I cannot do anything until it gets resolved
  • Options
    amadalusamadalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I sincerely hope you are going to fix the keybind bug (see here, here, and here). An increasing number of players, including me, are out of commission atm.
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death
    http://loyaltodeath.enjin.com
  • Options
    jiguur1jiguur1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please fix fps drop after last patch !!!
    Dominatin' force of Mongolia:mad:
  • Options
    phaazenphaazen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gotta say normally im on the devs side for these things but not here... I understand that maybe this issue didnt show up until it hit live but they should have taken live down and moved to the previous patch (not effecting progress of players) while they fixed this as to not make the game completely unplayable for a large portion of their players all day. taking a server down and moving back 1 patch should have taken 30 min at most to make the game good again then when they have everythign good THEN re-apply the patch.
  • Options
    phaazenphaazen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jiguur1 wrote: »
    Please fix fps drop after last patch !!!
    sorry to say thats on your end... not their's.

The latest patch for gauntlegrym brought more players thus making your comp work harder to render more stuff which in turn dropped your frame rate.

For "lag":

Frame rate > players end (graphics card)

Rubber banding > cryptic's end / players end if they have bad connection issues

(generally)
  • Options
    talonsfury03talonsfury03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you please address the alchemy issue soon. Myself and several other that I know about are getting stuck on random levels when performing the research on Gateway. We get full XP bars but it wont lvl us, also the Experimental potions stop producing Research scrolls. I have submitted a bug report and also posted on Facebook. Thank you for the fun game.
  • Options
    amadalusamadalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    phaazen wrote: »
    gotta say normally im on the devs side for these things but not here... I understand that maybe this issue didnt show up until it hit live but they should have taken live down and moved to the previous patch (not effecting progress of players) while they fixed this as to not make the game completely unplayable for a large portion of their players all day. taking a server down and moving back 1 patch should have taken 30 min at most to make the game good again then when they have everythign good THEN re-apply the patch.

seconded...
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death
    http://loyaltodeath.enjin.com
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the update:).
  • Options
    doomtoothdoomtooth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm hoping that they will fix the bug where if you are opening a chest and take a hit the chest closes and it cant be reopened.
  • Options
    healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the patch!
  • Options
    dreadheartdreadheart Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why didn't you do this yesterday instead of having the servers down 2 days in a row?
    Yesterday would of been a very good time.
  • Options
    jezgafysjezgafys Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    phaazen wrote: »
    sorry to say thats on your end... not their's.

The latest patch for gauntlegrym brought more players thus making your comp work harder to render more stuff which in turn dropped your frame rate.

For "lag":

Frame rate > players end (graphics card)

Rubber banding > cryptic's end / players end if they have bad connection issues

(generally)

That's not entirely true poor coded sections or developed areas can easily affect frame rates you could throw tripple titans at it and would still grind to 1fps
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're working on this issue! Thanks for reporting!
    Can you please address the alchemy issue soon. Myself and several other that I know about are getting stuck on random levels when performing the research on Gateway. We get full XP bars but it wont lvl us, also the Experimental potions stop producing Research scrolls. I have submitted a bug report and also posted on Facebook. Thank you for the fun game.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    spymonkspymonk Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    3am here in South Carolina, and I'm wide awake! Make it snappy! :P
  • Options
    hiphophillbillyhiphophillbilly Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game has been real choppy since its left BETA
  • Options
    hiphophillbillyhiphophillbilly Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is Game So Choppy Since its Left BETA???
  • Options
    xkillerknightxkillerknight Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the memory fix and the cloak bug? D: what about them? They havent been fixed for a long while now... ._.
  • Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the memory fix and the cloak bug? D: what about them? They havent been fixed for a long while now... ._.

Dude... seriously? They have to fix the Zen link problems NOW!!! This maintenance probably isn't about anything but that.... they just tossed in that other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to make it look like it's not all about the Zen... Oh sorry ... yeah they did cut prices didn't they... now that $35 mount is.... well..... only $35 dollars...wtf?
  • Options
    chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People from test server said the NPC dialog bug (language locale issue) was happening on test server BEFORE the maintenance patch... they knew it... and published the error anyway knowing full well all non-USA players would have to change settings in their Windows to US English to play the game. Yet they didn't warn anyone or post the work around to it. A player figured it out and offered the solution to non-USA players.

It's one thing to make a mistake, but it's another thing to show disrespect to customers.
  • Options
    delta9thcaddiktdelta9thcaddikt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

well, why dont you activate the test shard and test it for them, like they asked us too, hmmm? why dont you help them make it a better game, then smearing them in the forums about how you dont like what they do in the free game that you play?
  • Options
    delta9thcaddiktdelta9thcaddikt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    amadalus wrote: »
    I sincerely hope you are going to fix the keybind bug (see [URL="