test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance 6-28-13 12AM PDT

2»

Comments

• syst1syst1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    phaazen wrote: »
    gotta say normally im on the devs side for these things but not here... I understand that maybe this issue didnt show up until it hit live but they should have taken live down and moved to the previous patch (not effecting progress of players) while they fixed this as to not make the game completely unplayable for a large portion of their players all day. taking a server down and moving back 1 patch should have taken 30 min at most to make the game good again then when they have everythign good THEN re-apply the patch.

Omg did this dude just ask for a rollback over missing dialog??
    I think ill thank the devs for not doing such a foolish thing. I won a lot of great auction bids today and if your talking about just rolling back the patch then screw that noise too, my arm set piece has been upgrading all day in my craft window I would be livid if it had to start the timer all over because some peeps have crappy pcs without language packs. it reminds me of the old "your game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cuz my graphics card cant handle it".

(Your to do list) Buy a new card/ download needed resources/ Quit thinking the game should work around your setup/ and finally.... you enjoy the game enough to post on the forums, so change your attitude and leave comments that help the devs instead of insulting their Intelligence
  • questionabletootquestionabletoot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    all over now, errybody shut up :p
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    all over now, errybody shut up :p

+1 /tenchar
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    phaazen wrote: »
    gotta say normally im on the devs side for these things but not here... I understand that maybe this issue didnt show up until it hit live

No, it was reported on the preview boards before the patch.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gateway still down for maintenance?
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People from test server said the NPC dialog bug (language locale issue) was happening on test server BEFORE the maintenance patch... they knew it... and published the error anyway knowing full well all non-USA players would have to change settings in their Windows to US English to play the game. Yet they didn't warn anyone or post the work around to it. A player figured it out and offered the solution to non-USA players.

It's one thing to make a mistake, but it's another thing to show disrespect to customers.

I assume that you weren't around for the rollback caused by the need to clean up after the gateway AH exploit then? That was reported in closed beta, and was an identical bug to one that occurred (and was fixed) in STO, one of Cryptic's earlier games. Despite it nearly destroying an earlier game, they didn't check for it in this one, when re-using a lot of the backend. Despite people yelling at them to fix it, they let it ride.

Now, there are claims that they also couldn't maintain a working ticket tracking system either, and they just lost all bug reports too (there were a lot about this one, as many people are basically honest). However, it went ignored and unfixed. Hell, even if a single member of personnel has the job of hanging out on the premium exploit swapping sites, he'd have seen this one in the free section long before the game was open to the public; it was common knowledge.

Meantime, lots of people had successfully exploited the hell out the bug, and stockpiled AD and goods on mule alts on other accounts that remain unbanned to this day, while others just sold their maxed out currency stacks to the goldfarmers.

Massive game-breaking bugs that not just gently caress paying customers but impact their own revenue stream are left to fester until the entire game becomes basically about that one bug (see also the cat trading frenzy). At that point, even a soccer mom reaching PE for the first time would spot that something is amiss. So in the light of this, you're still surprised at the lolcalisation code, which has never worked properly anyway* being broken again? :)

* Localisation is supposed to take a specific set of signifiers of a specific event, and then retrieve the appropriate message for it in the user's language. Localisation in NW was designed fundamentally badly, in that you tended to see messages translated into the language of the person who triggered the event, rather than your own. Thus if the first person who walked into a dungeon boss room was a francophone, everyone would get a cutscene showing the boss name in French, rather than their own language. This, I hardly need to remind you, went though beta, "open beta" and into the launched game. I have never ever seen such an obviously QA catchable fail.
  • xhosaxxhosax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    syst1 wrote: »
    Omg did this dude just ask for a rollback over missing dialog??
    I think ill thank the devs for not doing such a foolish thing. I won a lot of great auction bids today and if your talking about just rolling back the patch then screw that noise too, my arm set piece has been upgrading all day in my craft window I would be livid if it had to start the timer all over because some peeps have crappy pcs without language packs. it reminds me of the old "your game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cuz my graphics card cant handle it".

(Your to do list) Buy a new card/ download needed resources/ Quit thinking the game should work around your setup/ and finally.... you enjoy the game enough to post on the forums, so change your attitude and leave comments that help the devs instead of insulting their Intelligence

I don't think anyone should have to consistently tailor their gaming rigs to accommodate for games they want to play... There are adjustable settings in the options menu for that department. Maybe you should quit thinking your way?
  • tsantukanahtsantukanah Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was off for 24 hours and now i cannot open my game launcher even there is an update..
  • theirishchicktheirishchick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every time their game goes down due to issues like this is time people spend not playing their game, not buying zen and looking for other MMO's to play and to pay.
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So i was trying to quote someone with bad links regarding the keyboard bug and how I'd posted about it since it first came up a couple of days ago, but now even the forum is failing and only the first line of a paragraph long post with a quote showed up.

GG = gg
    - behold, halflings.