What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fury of the Feywild Dev Blog

Comments

• Options
    stevo6342stevo6342 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cool beans, really glad to see companion upgrades coming. One thing I would like to see is the ability to salvage greens using the professions, rather than just having to sell them off along with my grays. Most other MMO's involving professions give some sort of salvage mechanic to get raw components back. Has this been considered?
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Give us more broken and exploitable dungeons and don';t forget to add more broken enchants that when stacked can one shot a full pvp group of 5 people huehue .
  • Options
    willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    I am interested to see if they fully develop single player epic content. I would find the concept interesting if they had rewards on par, or almost on par with epic dungeons and similar difficult content to go with it. Dark Souls meets Neverwinter? That's probably hoping for too much.
  • Options
    bushy808bushy808 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys can't get Gauntlegrymm....the content that was to signify your LIVE launch....to work...at all...so yeah, I don't want your first module until you can repair the base game in which it will attept to expand upon.
  • Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried about the boss fights without adds. I just fear it's going to be "kite and strike". Nothing to fear, nothing to be taken care of by support classes, and everyone zergs the boss. The current game is designed to require control. I hope that there will be some sort of adds people don't consider as adds (since some here seems to hate this mechanic). I would hate boss fights to be dps races or some sort of stupid and complex mechanic to debuff the boss. That would be utterly boring. I'm levelling up a CW. If you remove adds, then i may just stop playing it and make a TR to zerg content.

Please don't make it trickster rogue online, add something to do for support and aoe classes! I would hate being forced to spec my new CW into some sort of ranger/warlock and my cleric into a passive heal bot just looking at the ground and only taking care of HP bars.

I think you can cc those solo bosses.
    I hope they are hard (more red spots then you can possibly avoid by dodge, teleport etc.)
    So you also need your controll, selfheals and defensive abiletys to survive.
  • Options
    xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looking forward to it, to be honest. I'm a huge fan of Moon elves, being one of my favorite Faerun elf races. They are a beautiful, and mystical race, so I will be making one once they are available. I do hope to see some information on the new classes coming soon.

I'm a big fan of them myself. I hope that with the companion training tomes comes the system to unbind them so I can ship my current elven wizard's companions over to the new Moon elf wizard I plan to make.
  • Options
    silverreyvatielsilverreyvatiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a big fan of them myself. I hope that with the companion training tomes comes the system to unbind them so I can ship my current elven wizard's companions over to the new Moon elf wizard I plan to make.

I'm hoping they add the new classes as well as the new elves so I can play a new race, and new class. Other than Moon Elf, I seriously want to play Drow, and while I know if I buy the Hero of the North Pack I can play Drow Renegade, I don't have that kind of money, if they had drow available as just a race for 15 to 20 dollars then I would but I'm not going to pay 200 dollars.
  • Options
    vayranovayrano Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm hoping they add the new classes as well as the new elves so I can play a new race, and new class. Other than Moon Elf, I seriously want to play Drow, and while I know if I buy the Hero of the North Pack I can play Drow Renegade, I don't have that kind of money, if they had drow available as just a race for 15 to 20 dollars then I would but I'm not going to pay 200 dollars.

They did talk about a "vanilla" version of the Drow that would be released to the masses if I recall correctly. The Drow renegade version will stay exclusive to the HoN pack.
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I like forest environment that look good and interesting for example finding a waterfall in the forest or a pond. Maybe high trees where elves has built bridges and wooden pathways.

Anyway I am sure environment will be interesting. Since we already have Succubus, I wish Nymph will be added. I can't recall that I have seen a Nymph anywhere in this game. Weapon crafting sounds like nice addition.

I know it is really much work to create a new class. That said at some point it was said that "a ranged class" will be introduced to this game. However after that announcment it has been silent as a grave regarding new classes.

While I am delighted about this expansion it would be more complete if Ranger and/or Druid Class would be released. Anyway this is a free game and I am thankful for all the content we can get.
  • Options
    jody1990jody1990 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If no new class is released with this expansion I think they gon lose ALLOT of player...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Well I like forest environment that look good and interesting for example finding a waterfall in the forest or a pond. Maybe high trees where elves has built bridges and wooden pathways.

Anyway I am sure environment will be interesting. Since we already have Succubus, I wish Nymph will be added. I can't recall that I have seen a Nymph anywhere in this game. Weapon crafting sounds like nice addition.

I know it is really much work to create a new class. That said at some point it was said that "a ranged class" will be introduced to this game. However after that announcment it has been silent as a grave regarding new classes.

While I am delighted about this expansion it would be more complete if Ranger and/or Druid Class would be released. Anyway this is a free game and I am thankful for all the content we can get.
    jody1990 wrote: »
    If no new class is released with this expansion I think they gon lose ALLOT of player...
    Well when I wrote that above that a new class like Ranger or Druid would make it more complete I did not mean they have to be released exactly as same time. A Ranger class for example could be release even before the expansion and yes they might of course decide to release new classes after expansion release and not during it or before it.

We have no certain date when new class is going to be introduced. However when I began playing I was wondering how it would be to earn free character slots as a free player. No problem I bought with AD currency ZEN and then I bought the 2 extra character slots. I have 2 Clerics... however in World of Warcraft my favorite classes were Hunter=Ranger and Druid. Yes selfish perhaps, but since next expansion is about forest expansion I could not resist to mention my favorite classes that I want to roll. Anyway my bet next class is Ranger however I could be wrong.
  • Options
    nieaniea Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm with... well.. almost every single person I've talked to or read anything from about this game: it needs archers/rangers. we have the ability to make wood elves, but can't shoot at stuff... and now we're getting MORE elves (3 new subraces so far SINCE launch), a whole new foresty area (just BEGGING for archers in the trees), and STILL no bow combat abilities.
    If I could make a ranger, I would be completely hooked on this game, but instead the most ranged i can get is a wizard, who, thanks to the rigid rollercoaster design of the game, is really a heavy damage crowd control system.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Think I would like to see.

-Mentoring system
    -More guild stuff. We are on guild bank 3 number 4 cost 600K AD, and no one can donate AD to guild bank.
    -More armor/weapon selection for lower levels
    -More classes, I know we need the two coming, but another type of Tank and Healer I hope is next.
    -Housing/Guild halls this is just a dream for me and should be way down the road, once bugs and stuff fixed, BUT I WANT SOME GUILD HALLS!!!!

Thats just a few things I want, looking forward to the module 1!!!! Keep up the good work and please bring a mentoring system some day.

Heya Bobcat! How's the fam? Glad to see you're still playing!

By the way I wholly support this.... plus one more... BARDS!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    gamerzaeongamerzaeon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well when I wrote that above that a new class like Ranger or Druid would make it more complete I did not mean they have to be released exactly as same time. A Ranger class for example could be release even before the expansion and yes they might of course decide to release new classes after expansion release and not during it or before it.

We have no certain date when new class is going to be introduced. However when I began playing I was wondering how it would be to earn free character slots as a free player. No problem I bought with AD currency ZEN and then I bought the 2 extra character slots. I have 2 Clerics... however in World of Warcraft my favorite classes were Hunter=Ranger and Druid. Yes selfish perhaps, but since next expansion is about forest expansion I could not resist to mention my favorite classes that I want to roll. Anyway my bet next class is Ranger however I could be wrong.
    Hmmm I recall a while back someone slipped us a screen of them finding a Scourge Warlock item
    Now something I found digging around the AD&D 4e Wiki for Warlock class was THIS line
    The Fey Pact, forged with a power of the Feywild, giving the user access to both wondrous and dangerous spells of the Faerie realm. Fey Pact warlocks use Charisma for their attacks.
    Warlocks in NW:FotF?
  • Options
    jody1990jody1990 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A Warlock would be nice, but I'd say get in a Ranger.. SO many ppl dying to play a ranger.. yet they keep waiting.. my Guild Leader stopped playing untill they would release Ranger because he just cba to play any other class that is currently available.
    I love to know all classes inside-out so I generally level all classes to max to know what they are capable of and to know how to counter one in pvp (or if its better to simply just avoid one... haha, like for instance I avoid GF's on my CW..*shrug*) so I just simply don't care, but I do admit once you have a char up to 60 and 10k+ geared its getting kinda boring just to farm CN constantly..
    I also understand that this game is still new and in the early stages and I've played WoW since patch 1.3 vanilla so I know it does take some time to fully get a game up and running so yeah... We just have to be patient and HOPE for the best. (altough the last update with GG was a complete let down.. for me atleast)
  • Options
    saeszu22saeszu22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately, I am in the same place as many are here with no class to play really until the Ranger/Hunter Class is released. I am able to get both the CW/TR to 20-25 and then lose interest mainly because they aren't the roles I typically play in any of the MMORPGs I've supported. I purchased the Hero of the North Pack so am absolutely up to this game doing well in cased I need to validate my intent here. Please release the Ranger class soon. Thanks!
  • Options
    jishinkaminarijishinkaminari Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm going to add my voice to the cries for Rangers.
    However, I don't want them to be archers. I love the versatility of a melee/ranged ranger, so I really wish they don't forget that rangers are NOT simply archers. There are also two weapon fighting rangers and also beastmaster rangers (though I really have no hope to see beastmasters in this game anytime soon...).
  • Options
    zinsncabszinsncabs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It'll be a Ranger first of all since few classes are as iconic in DnD (and neither the Warlock or Druid for that matter rival the Ranger in this regard). Also, it'll be the Archer Ranger as opposed to the the Two Blade Ranger - bows are missing from the game right now and we already have one dual-wielding class at the moment. Not saying that we'll never see the Two Blade Ranger, just not now.
    Elurion ben'Adar - 60 Wood Elf Hunter Ranger
    Silas - 60 Human Trickster Rogue

Ganking is good for the soul~
  • Options
    jishinkaminarijishinkaminari Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zinsncabs wrote: »
    It'll be a Ranger first of all since few classes are as iconic in DnD (and neither the Warlock or Druid for that matter rival the Ranger in this regard). Also, it'll be the Archer Ranger as opposed to the the Two Blade Ranger - bows are missing from the game right now and we already have one dual-wielding class at the moment. Not saying that we'll never see the Two Blade Ranger, just not now.

I agree that the "bowed" ranger is what is needed, what I meant is that it is silly for a ranger to keep shooting his bow at point blank and not draw a melee set of weapons.
    In fact, I miss that in this game on every class. Why can't a fighter throw some daggers to draw enemies to himself or to hit ranged enemies? In every dnd game I ever played it was idiotic not to have some kind of ranged weapon to at least use for basic attacks.
    On the other hand, why can't a wizard use the said dagger for some melee basic attacks?
    More important of all: where is the melee weapon EVERY cleric uses since the beginning of time in dnd?

I realize that there is no such thing as basic attacks in neverwinter and, so far, there is no class that changes weapons. However, the basic ranger in dnd (4e or not) uses both ranged AND melee weapons and can actually be good with both (many staple powers can be used with both a bow and a pair of swords). I find it silly NOT to have this in a ranger.
  • Options
    zinsncabszinsncabs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, it's kind of silly that the game released with limited weapon choices to begin with. There should be maces, hammers and axes for GFs to use and TRs should have short swords and rapiers. I know that the first module will rectify that with new professions, but I'm going to bet that the new "weapons" will be purely cosmetic in nature and that there will be no real reason for a GF to use a mace in lieu of a sword for example.

Anyway, Archer Rangers are the safe bet for the next class.
    Elurion ben'Adar - 60 Wood Elf Hunter Ranger
    Silas - 60 Human Trickster Rogue

Ganking is good for the soul~
  • Options
    edited July 2013

jody1990 wrote: »
    A Warlock would be nice, but I'd say get in a Ranger.. SO many ppl dying to play a ranger.. yet they keep waiting.. my Guild Leader stopped playing untill they would release Ranger because he just cba to play any other class that is currently available.
    I love to know all classes inside-out so I generally level all classes to max to know what they are capable of and to know how to counter one in pvp (or if its better to simply just avoid one... haha, like for instance I avoid GF's on my CW..*shrug*) so I just simply don't care, but I do admit once you have a char up to 60 and 10k+ geared its getting kinda boring just to farm CN constantly..
    I also understand that this game is still new and in the early stages and I've played WoW since patch 1.3 vanilla so I know it does take some time to fully get a game up and running so yeah... We just have to be patient and HOPE for the best. (altough the last update with GG was a complete let down.. for me atleast)
    Agree endgame is ok however it gets slithly boring to do that all the time and I really need like a 3000 0000+ AD more. So I play with another Cleric since personally I am not interested in the other 4 classes.

Oh god my casual friend is still level 18(my second character is level 25 and very slowly do I increase level)! He has told me 3 times during the last 10 days that this evening he will play and then he changes his mind or some plans occur and he does not have family or kids that takes his time. I really almost lost my patience with him today however he is one of my best real life friends first he text me yes I play this evening. 40 min later he text me sorry I am tired will play 5 min pray+craft.

A third character and all problems are solved and I do not want roll any existing class. Ranger please... I would guess chance is Ranger (60%), Warlock(20%), Any other ranged class(20%). Someone said tank/healer and likely wanted Paladin or some kind of Cleric/Tank however next class is ranged class unless developers completely change their plans.

Since this is forest expansion a Druid is far more likely then Paladin if class is not a ranged one. Finally they might release 2 classes at same time also not impossible idea.
  • Options
    donblais84donblais84 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like new content, but it feels likes there's more core issues that need to be sorted out or improved. There's still a large number of basic graphical bugs, like Cloaks folding over someone while riding a horse, and the issue with the Foundry loot needs to be addressed. I don't care if "it's by design", there is little to NO incentive to want to check out peoples Foundry creations if at the end of it you get a non-classes WHITE item, or green if you're *** lucky. They should be consistenly GREEN items, your level or +1 or 2, and YOUR class. Not trash!! Also, everyone is hoping for more classes, not more races. More races is "nice", but we need more class diversity to make the game more replayable. I've only heard groans and moans about the new PVE/PVP dungeon. So fix it up etc.
  • Options
    donblais84donblais84 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And sweet jesus, please fix up the gear. Being SUPER restrictive to armor AND weapons is kinda lame sauce. Sure, makes it easy to prevent people from jacking loot, but common. Or at VERY least, need to add way more diversity to the available gear to all classes. Not just 1 weapon per class. :S
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    donblais84 wrote: »
    And sweet jesus, please fix up the gear. Being SUPER restrictive to armor AND weapons is kinda lame sauce. Sure, makes it easy to prevent people from jacking loot, but common. Or at VERY least, need to add way more diversity to the available gear to all classes. Not just 1 weapon per class. :S
    One of the main requests we’ve received from players is: more visual diversity. The current version of Neverwinter definitely has an established look and feel, and our goal was to expand the creative elements of Neverwinter outside those current boundaries.

So, we’re adding a ton of stuff. New armor, new weapons, new weapon appearances, new terrains, and even new player models (see: Moon and Sun Elves). Essentially, everything that exists visually will be expanded upon.

Not only did we want to give players new things to see, but we also wanted them to have a way to make their max level characters feel more unique. With all the new weapon and armor models, we feel that each max level character will have a desirable number of options to choose from when designing their character’s end-game appearance.

Take directly from the article you're commenting on.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will Fey Knight be a new class or paragon path?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    drackainedrackaine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will the new dungeon/castle/expansion have 0 gear progression like Gauntlgrym which was announced as having endgame loot then rolled back to insulting T1 and T2 PVP gear for a huge and boring effort?
  • Options
    justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    Oh boy! A new dungeon to exploit and take shortcuts! Sweet... wonder how long it'll take them this time to fix all the bugs and exploits with this place.

Where are the new classes and paragon paths for existing classes that has been promised to us since launch 2 months ago? I noticed how they left that out of their list of "new" things coming "Summer 2013" (which can be in another 2 months).
  • Options
    gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    Bring on the gnomes!!!!
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    justkaz wrote: »
    Where are the new classes and paragon paths for existing classes that has been promised to us since launch 2 months ago? I noticed how they left that out of their list of "new" things coming "Summer 2013" (which can be in another 2 months).

In all fairness, "Launch" was June 20th. Yes, we all know that the "Open Beta" was a a launch for all intents and purposes but they have bought a little bit more time with the power of semantics! And as gamers, we're always up for some antics... :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    chthonicmythoschthonicmythos Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited July 2013
    Still, without more content (classes, paragon trees, pvp, zones, anything) the game is going to get old quick. I have an alt that just does Foundry quests, and many of them are amazing, but the reward chest at the end is a kick in the junk. woooo white gear drop after a 40 minute quest. And Gauntlgrym is only good if you are in a guild.