test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enormous new bug

ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Along with the new patch, I can no longer cast Arcane Singularity - at all. It messes up my game if I try to do so. It happened when I switched Ice Storm with Arcane Singularity. I tried a bunch of different things, relaunched the game a few times - to no avail. Arcane Singularity no longer works on my CW. (That's the big black hole we are known to be useful with, for those of you who don't know...)
Post edited by ciopenhauer on

Comments

• Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh wow , I'll test that now , if this is the case then i don't even
  • Options
    knoekoeknoekoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After today's patch Questgivers show a empty windows without any info in it...
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh gawd. This started happening to me just now.

I did not switch my CW dailies (AS + IK) at all. All, I did was enter a party, then enter Gauntlgrym. Then try to use AS.

Casting AS creates the AS yellow circle visual but placing it with left-click does not start the cast. Also, I can no longer cancel it by right clicking, it just remains stuck.

Basically, casting AS now requires a double press of the daily key AND it cannot be cancelled (or at least the hugely distracting visual cannot).

I do not know if this is something broken in Gauntlgrm or it is a general thing, since I have not tried any other content.

EDIT: The visual glitch is so bad, I can no longer play with AS (though I'm still in Gauntlgrym). I have simply taken it off my bars...
  • Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    talk about quality assurance
  • Options
    rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to Cryptic world of wonders.
  • Options
    kasyeekasyee Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay CW screwed even more... why mine class?:(
  • Options
    hellorcohellorco Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    I just updated and logged in to check this.. I tried it alone in Enclave and the spell started regularly. Did you try it when ungrouped in enclave? If so and it doesn't work I'm horrified.
  • Options
    hellorcohellorco Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    Oh now that I think about it, this may be a fix for GWF viability in pve!
  • Options
    crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not sure if I should log in now. Are control wizards borked or nerfed???
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you just have to hit 1 or whatever its bound to twice. It is a pain in the *** to not just be able to left click it when selected however
  • Options
    cavaliersinbadcavaliersinbad Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Along with the new patch, I can no longer cast Arcane Singularity - at all. It messes up my game if I try to do so. It happened when I switched Ice Storm with Arcane Singularity. I tried a bunch of different things, relaunched the game a few times - to no avail. Arcane Singularity no longer works on my CW. (That's the big black hole we are known to be useful with, for those of you who don't know...)

I am having the same problem...it was working fine before the patch update....and now cant open chat windows or chests or complete or claim rewards...WTF!!
    Anyone else having these problems...is there a fix ???
  • Options
    aienkoyaienkoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same for clerics, I think it's with all distance target skills.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone else suffering from empty windows....what can i do about *** ?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am having the same problem...it was working fine before the patch update....and now cant open chat windows or chests or complete or claim rewards...WTF!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    knoekoe wrote: »
    After today's patch Questgivers show a empty windows without any info in it...

• Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sorry to say but this must be on your end, I'm having none of these problems.
    arcane sing. works fine, just the same as before.
  • Options
    lybashkalybashka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You just have to use the key a second time to place your cast.
  • Options
    aienkoyaienkoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    sorry to say but this must be on your end, I'm having none of these problems.
    arcane sing. works fine, just the same as before.

Oblivious?

There's so many people with this issue. I bet it's only on his end yes.

Anyways;
    - quest/interaction windows are completely black
    - Can't loot rewards from anything
    - Can't use location targeting activation "on second press" option. ("on release" works tho)
    - Anything else?
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OP here. I also couldn't loot my chest for Gauntlgrym.

I just tested the method that was proposed of hitting '1' a second time to cast it and it works. But it's very annoying and again it cannot be canceled (the visuals) - we are forced to cast it if we pressed on it. Very sad.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I just ran through Gauntlgrym and my Arcane Singularity casts just fine but then again I'm not experiencing any of the other bugs either so...I know it's not a big help or anything but it's not game-wide either.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Same, after reading this thread I hopped in game to test this out on my 60 Cw and it works just fine. Not sure what's up with the Op and a few others having issues, hope it gets fixed w/e the problem is.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WOW Cryptic studios BBB rating is an F this does not surprise me in the least. FIX bugs not add more for the love of FK sake.
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is probably happening to mainly foreigners who use a different language sets for their keyboards it appears. By switching the keyboard layout to US it apparently resolves issues. Read that on the forum where they are reporting the issues and discussing solutions.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yet another reason why I have dropped $0 money on this game.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    takochan007takochan007 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cant claim rewards from chest, talking to npcs give blank windows. Tried re-installing twice, same result. Tried rolling new char, cant get past the beach because the window i blank. cant hit numbers 1-3 for choices as window is blank. its fudged
  • Options
    takochan007takochan007 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just bloody hope it doesnt effect chest loots during dd's........
  • Options
    ozball1ozball1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I posted this in another thread as I saw it before I saw this one (somehow).

I've got the same issues with my Cleric. All my AoE targetted abilities require me to hit the hotkey a second time to use them, you no longer can use the mouse click to fire the spell.

Reproduction:
    Slot any AoE targeted abilities on your bar (Astral Shield, Daunting Light, Chains of Blazing Light, etc)
    Press the hotkey for the power to bring up the targeting circle
    Click in attempt to cast, gives you a error message "Requires Target" and doesn't fire
    Press hotkey a second time and spell fires as normal. (Note this is normal and always been doable, it's the previous step that is the bug)

Also worth noting that if you have the targeting circle up and you mouse over an enemy and click it will use your At Will power that you currently have socketed rather than give you the error message.

In short, targeting circles no longer block the use of LMB At Will powers and the LMB will not fire AoE targeted abilities.
  • Options
    delis16delis16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I cannot move my character at all after the patch. None of my keybindings work. I reset them and they still do not work. I can click on a text box and I can type but once I lose the cursor and it turns to the target symbol all function is lost. Not even my escape key works. My keybindings were fine and worked before the patch.
  • Options
    sentibmsentibm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's all the same keyboard layout related bug guys. Had all of this i.e. blank npcs dialog boxes, casting singularity etc. on double hot key tap instead of hotkey->mouse click.

The temporary fix is to add/switch to English US keyboard layout in Windows.
    In Win8 you should go to control panel -> Language and there click on "Add a language" and choose English (United States). The keyboard layout under this should say "Keyboard layout: US". I moved mine on top of the list but don't know if it's necessary. After doing this everything is ok in game. Don't know where it is exactly in Win7 but it should be pretty easy to find somewhere in control panel settings. You can have Windows in any language you want, just keyboard settings must be set exactly to pure English (United States) or maybe English US in Win7 (not sure how it's called there). Some people stated that after you do this and game works fine you can switch back to your normal keyboard layout. I don't know cause I haven't tested it.
  • Options
    ozball1ozball1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sentibm wrote: »
    The temporary fix is to add/switch to English US keyboard layout in Windows.
    In Win8 you should go to control panel -> Language and there click on "Add a language" and choose English (United States). The keyboard layout under this should say "Keyboard layout: US". I moved mine on top of the list but don't know if it's necessary. After doing this everything is ok in game. Don't know where it is exactly in Win7 but it should be pretty easy to find somewhere in control panel settings. You can have Windows in any language you want, just keyboard settings must be set exactly to pure English (United States) or maybe English US in Win7 (not sure how it's called there). Some people stated that after you do this and game works fine you can switch back to your normal keyboard layout. I don't know cause I haven't tested it.

This worked for me, though I did have to relog for it. I was running on English (Australia) before. Also it is English (United States) on Windows 7. If you're running multiple keyboard layouts then make the the default input language is also set to English (United States).