test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

any word when the training tome's will be avialable ?

Comments

• spacecowboy3117spacecowboy3117 Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Greedy?

Servers cost money to run, and you can play this game 24/7 for free.

Also, it's still in BETA.

Stop whining.

.... Its not whining, its called being a smart consumer, and demanding a certain standard of quality. Professionals do not pull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this.
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    I just wish store bought companions were for the entire account. I've now bought 3 rocks(Rogue, Cleric and CW) and the 2 acolyte's(which absolutely kicks butt on a gwf and GF btw).

Oh well, now to get my cleric to 60!!

Really do wish they'd add in the tomes tho since the acolytes cap at 25.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe the problem is that level 30 grants the companion an extra power and most of the companions don't have a level 30 power. So they have to design new powers for every companion except the purple companions. Not sure what they will do with the augment companions like the Cat and Ioun stones. Sure it would be easier to just let us level to 30, but I rather look forward to getting an extra power at level 30 than get to level 30 and wait till my Companion is complete.
  • jubbathehattjubbathehatt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    .... Its not whining, its called being a smart consumer, and demanding a certain standard of quality. Professionals do not pull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this.

What?

Complaining on a FREE forum about something you get for FREE so that you may waste your FREE TIME means you have NO RIGHT to whine about something that is provided you for FREE.

Do you not get the point?

Or are you the sort of person who whines about what colour a Christmas present is, too?
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    exterminos wrote: »
    i just went to the vendor in game that sells companions and on her second page there is training tome I , II, III and i have a maxed out cleric at 15, when you mouse over them it says coming soon ? any of the threads i was able to find about this subject were pre-open beta ....so any idea when they will be available since i really could use a healer higher than 15 since i am now 30 ?

Sometime between now and next year.

They haven't said so who knows. The fact that there are place holders for them tends to indicate sooner rather than later but again sooner just means when they release it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No it is whinging. The thing is only launched 2 weeks no matter if you call it beta or not and your expecting everything to be fixed NOW!!!! You insane.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bumping for a chance at some info when we will see some tomes.
  • cireous04cireous04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact of the matter is... people are feeling forced to spend money on companions while being teased, in-game, that their current companions could potentially be just as good if they only had access to tomes that are "coming soon". Tomes that were in previous betas but are suspiciously missing now.

It's not a far-fetched conclusion to be drawn that someone came up with an idea to remove the tomes for a perceived duration of time allowing for quest companions to become virtually worthless as the entire player base levels up, hoping that most people will *bite* and buy level-appropriate companions from the Zen shop or elsewhere.

I think it's the fact that the tomes were there and then removed that lends to the assumption of GREED.

Either way, fully-leveled companions will cost *something*.

However, they should allow us to decide what companions we want to level and spend AD or Zen on, not blatantly strip this decision from us. The most powerful pets (cat and ioun stone) will require most people to spend real money as it is, so why not let us enjoy the leveling process with companions that will out-live their usefulness anyways.

Because of greed? Maybe.

At least that is my perception. I actually just wrote this to bump the thread.

Could we have our tomes please?

I think it's time.
  • alignmentsalignments Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If its really lev 30 skills thats keeping them from putting the tomes back in, I would be OK with just the first tome being out and getting the lower capped companions up to mid level. Otherwise, make it happen PW. Its the least you could do for price gouging the new spider pet (2500 Rare compared to 2000) smh!
  • kindbuzzkindbuzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just a FYI, but a lvl 15 companion is equal to a lvl 30 character. So you should be good with them until late 20's.
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly. I think they might not release the tomes. I mean they started releasing the "Uncommon" companions and right now Cleric is the most sought after.
  • coreytrevercoreytrever Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have seen green versions of the bought companions. How is this being done without tomes being released?
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The green companions came from the now-discontinued Adventurer's Friend Pack.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Would also like to know when the (Unbind Companion) feature is being fixed. It would be great if it worked and I could spend the 46k Ad to unbind my cat on my cleric and mail it to another character.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Also, can we not have our companions take 8 hours to train or spend 36k Ad to speed that process up. No I don't have three companions on one of my alts. I was working on leveling up my wolf and for it to train from level 27 to level 28 it takes 8 hours 48 minutes, which is pretty **** crazy.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • konfliktxkonfliktx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump.. Come on, devs, let us know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Yeah this is getting ridiculous tired of my companions being level 15
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    konfliktx wrote: »
    Bump.. Come on, devs, let us know.

They have let us know. We will get them when fury of the feywild is released.
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really do not see Cryptic releasing these book until they feel they have made enough from selling ZEN companions or more people leave the game and this then becomes a hype announcement to get people to come back. Which may be sooner than they realize, Grin
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • azmoran11azmoran11 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    They pretty much said 2 months when Feywild is released. Ya, that's far to long away and really dumb. Just the facts. =/

EDIT:

Here's the copy of what they said on the Feywild Q&A Blog thingy.
    Players will definitely be excited to hear that they’ll be able to upgrade the quality of their existing companions. Would it be possible to hear some of the specific benefits one gains from utilizing this system?

Answered by: Lindsay Haven, Systems Designer on Neverwinter

Upgrading the quality of a companion increases its base stat, and provides the potential to increase the rank of your companion all the way up to 30, maximizing its end-game viability.

And of course, companions of higher rank gain access to cooler appearances!
  • alan150973alan150973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bump for an actual Dev response. I see this as a serious and needed question that requires an answer. The tomes are clearly already in the game since they can be seen on the Emporium merchant but say "Coming Soon" for price. These need to be enabled, especially as more and more people are nearing level cap. As people have mentioned, pretty much all pets except cash shop pets and founder pets are rendered pretty useless until these tomes are implemented.

You may have you answer right there, If they allow the upgrading of "white" companions then fewer people are going to pay cash for the Blue and Purple companions. I'm not holding my breath to see these tomes available any time soon.
    :(
  • shadowmystryshadowmystry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know it seems like the cleric is pretty good atm for you... but in about 10 or so levels it becomes almost useless, because it just stands still and casts... this means it will stand in the wonderful red circles and get one shot... even if u could rank it up to 25 or 30 it would die very fast.
    I only say this because if they did add it in game (increase pet ranks) the cleric probably wouldn't be that great of a choice to spend what I assume will be A LOT of AD.

From levels 4 - 45 cleric is pretty good but it doesn't take too long to get to 45. And being higher rank and having boosted health and stats aren't going to make it survive much longer (maybe 15 seconds instead of 5). Where as a melee pet that runs into battle (lets say in a group) will get more healing done on it and survive a lot longer. And of course better yet just get the stone pet from zen store for 2000zen or buy of AH for 700,000 - 1 mil AD, or cat for that price about.

Soo when it all comes down to it... buy cat or stone as they can't die and really help you a lot more then any other pets... they rank to 25 and the extra 5 you could get if you could upgrade wouldn't be much. I would like to see them fix the unbind pet first so I can send my rank 25 stone to a new level 4 toon and blitz through.
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cat, stone, "white" Mage are all excellent companions.

The rest so far are junk.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    According to the dev blog their plan is not to sell those tomes but rather make it a series of quests instead to make the feel of "growing" with your companion more organic. And this will be content after the release of module 1 if all goes well.
  • thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    According to the dev blog their plan is not to sell those tomes but rather make it a series of quests instead to make the feel of "growing" with your companion more organic. And this will be content after the release of module 1 if all goes well.
    Now that sounds too good to be true! Would be very nice.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Right, we will be able to upgrade companions with the upcoming Feywild module.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild

From the dev blog:
    Players will definitely be excited to hear that they’ll be able to upgrade the quality of their existing companions. Would it be possible to hear some of the specific benefits one gains from utilizing this system?

Answered by: Lindsay Haven, Systems Designer on Neverwinter

Upgrading the quality of a companion increases its base stat, and provides the potential to increase the rank of your companion all the way up to 30, maximizing its end-game viability.

And of course, companions of higher rank gain access to cooler appearances!

What was the design direction behind adding a quality upgrade system alongside the already existing Blue/Purple companions?

Answered by: Lindsay Haven

We wanted to give players more options to earn high level companions without spending Zen or having to part ways with a high volume of Astral Diamonds. Rather than making a one-time purchase, players increase the quality of their companion using this process, which is more iterative and welcoming to players who prefer smaller, more spaced-out Astral Diamond investments.

Along the lines of what Matt said, we want players to have more diversity when it comes to creating a unique character in Neverwinter. Having more companion choices with more ranks and appearances will give players more choices when selecting a companion that best fits their play style and character concept.
  • ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dresden00 wrote: »
    I really want to know this as well. Having our companions limited to level 15 is highly annoying, not to mention we are wasting xp gained that they could be getting. Please put these tomes in.

And at this point, it makes it look like P2W since you cant earn any higher companion than 15 without zen. (dont give me the ah <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> either, someone had to pay money to put it on there)
  • ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    players increase the quality of their companion using this process
    errr what process?
  • ishaan2000ishaan2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I need for cleric
  • temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    Right, we will be able to upgrade companions with the upcoming Feywild module.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild

From the dev blog:

Looking forward to this. Cleric is my mainstay for 80% of my toons while leveling, and I use the MaA for the others. I love the idea of "building" my comp rather then just buying them (though this will be more attractive once they actually fix the system they have in place for transferring comps)

Good job on getting this in game fast Cryptic. Now you need to fix the comp system so we can move/mail/sell our comps. At least a word on it's progress...im holding off on buying some as they aren't worth the price right now without having the option of porting them. fix what you got there cryptic, and you'll have a nice comp system in development. As of right now it's just a hinderance.