Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Trying Hard to Kill Itself.

2»

Comments

• Options
    draaagundraaagun Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Makes me wonder how much EA paid the BBB for that rating.
    Well they sure could afford it, they make money. Speaking of which PWE should be able to afford a positive rating aswell. I have spent more on your games than EA games. EDIT albeit I do not care what the BBB says . I am quite capable of knowing what I like :0
  • Options
    ungoodungood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Well this is a rage post No doubt about that one.

I will say that the customer service is the worst I have ever experienced in any industry.
    Their ability to release content without major bugs is below average for an mmo.
    Their ability to handle botters and exploiters is about average for an mmo.
    The character combat is above average for an mmo.
    The amount of content for a newly released mmo is below average.
    The time to level to cap is much faster than average.
    The time to get BIS for 1 character is much lower than average for an mmo.(It can be bought instantly)
    Character specialization is below average for an mmo.
    Character customization is about average for an mmo.
    Equipment cosmetic choices are below average for an mmo.
    The accumulation of wealth is easier than most mmo's

All of these are my opinions, of course and you may not agree. They are based solely on myself leveling 4 of 5 classes to 60 and comparing the time/effort it took to reach a gearscore that qualified me for the highest dungeon in the game, as opposed to other titles I have played. (and I have played quite a few)

Well said...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    D&D Home Page - What Class Are You?
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    draaagun wrote: »
    Well they sure could afford it, they make money. Speaking of which PWE should be able to afford a positive rating aswell. I have spent more on your games than EA games. EDIT albeit I do not care what the BBB says . I am quite capable of knowing what I like :0

Some companies won't pay on principle. Wolfgang Puck, for instance, has a C rating with the BBB. Surely he can afford to pay, true...but he refuses to.

It's about giving a truly objective, unbiased opinion.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have never played a game that's out of beta with so many INCOMPLETE features. Especially the class diversity, worst of all F2P MMO (aside those asian grindfest of course) very shallow skill tree too.

"Coming Soon" this
    "Coming Soon" that

or never.
  • Options
    hulkina21hulkina21 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They knew about the keyboard bug on the 22nd on the test shard with multiple posts complaining about it. Here we are 5 days later with a "live" (what a fancy word that likes to be thrown around) release and the bug is still there. An absolute game breaking bug. Makes you wonder what other things survive through into live that isn't a glaring black screen on every NPC. Long story short our feedback doesn't matter and has no real impact into how this game will progress. They will continue to pump out this horrible BUSINESS plan with no regards to balance or the community itself. The sheer amount of bugs in this game is astronomical. The sooner we realize this game is over 50% broken whether its content, p2win model, exploits, imbalances, game mechanic failures or lack of heeding community feedback the sooner we can move onto a different game that actually deserves our time/money/dedication.

Wake me when we are finished with the ALPHA testing and have moved on to an Open Beta.
  • Options
    ungoodungood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know the BBB rating for EA is A+, right? Didn't some attention seeking consumer magazine named it "worst companies in the USA" two years in a row? :p

The BBB does not consider the working conditions of a company, only it's relations with it's customers.

So a company may be a great place to work, but had no CS to speak of, while another company might be a pit but have a massive CS team. And While the rating itself may not mean that much, it's a very big "Oh that explains everything" when a customer feels jaded by the business, and when they are talking to their friends, they will bring it up with lines like, "Yah, I should have known better then to give them my money, it's F rated by the BBB"

Not that this matters to most people who play games, but, it makes a game that is starting to get a red flag rep look even worse, not saying PW or Cryptic should go buy a rating, but everything and anything you can to to make yourself look better should be done, like say for example, going over those unresolved issues and taking care of them.
    Some companies won't pay on principle. Wolfgang Puck, for instance, has a C rating with the BBB. Surely he can afford to pay, true...but he refuses to.

It's about giving a truly objective, unbiased opinion.

The truth is, if you take care of your customers, you don't need to buy a rating.

Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    D&D Home Page - What Class Are You?
  • Options
    rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nikitaoz wrote: »
    This is a ragepost.
    Please, re-write it in a more civilized way so that normal people take it seriously.

On a side note, they need to add fashion item. Because right now their fashion is out of fashion.

I dont want you to take this thread seriously. So please say something about the topic or please go start to polish Cryptic & PWE boots.

Writing the facts is not a ragepost. I'm not whining about a nubish hard fail or being a lamer. It's the game that trying to play with our anger meter.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    BBB ratings don't mean a lot since you can buy an A+ if you're willing to fork over the cash.

So... you just want the anti-fanboys here to hate on the game and fuel your rage?

No, fanboys only licking the boots of the companies. They can't see the simple reason.

The hardcore players who makes the MMO's playable. Example, World of Warcraft started with hardcore playerbase and improved alot because Blizzard actually listen players and always pay attention to bugs/exploits. After WotLK, they chose support casuals and now the game is nothing more than Disneyland.

I'm trying to give a reason other than protecting the company and back their faults. If this is a ragepost, then it will be.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You are 100% correct. I hope there are no new classes or content anytime soon as we still need paragon paths first!!! Also need our current dungeons to work right. Then need all the bugs fixed. Savage enchants still don't work never have. That's just terrible. Why would I want a new class so I can put another enchant in his gear that don't work?
  • Options
    pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this game was intended to be a pay to win cash cow from the start. PWI designs all its games that way and they milk them into nothingness until they shut it down. The game will be as it is now until they start to lose some money then they will add a few more classes which should have been in the game since launch to breath a bit of life back into it.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

same Korean formula for MMO gaming since time began. Nothing about this game is D&D they made up the new table top rules of 4E just to release a game that was nothing like the older versions of the table top. No one class serves a particual roles they wanted a game that everyone fends for themselves aka solo's in a group. They make this possible by selling what you need in the cash shop so they make money feeding a starving animal crumbs and all we have to do is pull their cart for them. I abandoned this pay to win crapfest when they nerfed the clerics back in beta and said "clerics were never meant to be a healing class, we provide healing items in the cash shop instead if you want heals" knowing full well that meant pay to win.

If you want a truely GOOD gaming MMO that has roles and a great environment I suggest you ditch PWI and its pay to win and come over to Rift now that its free to play its much better and actually has a great system (many call it World of Warcraft 2.0)
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pallier wrote: »
    this game was intended to be a pay to win cash cow from the start. PWI designs all its games that way and they milk them into nothingness until they shut it down. The game will be as it is now until they start to lose some money then they will add a few more classes which should have been in the game since launch to breath a bit of life back into it.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

same Korean formula for MMO gaming since time began. Nothing about this game is D&D they made up the new table top rules of 4E just to release a game that was nothing like the older versions of the table top. No one class serves a particual roles they wanted a game that everyone fends for themselves aka solo's in a group. They make this possible by selling what you need in the cash shop so they make money feeding a starving animal crumbs and all we have to do is pull their cart for them. I abandoned this pay to win crapfest when they nerfed the clerics back in beta and said "clerics were never meant to be a healing class, we provide healing items in the cash shop instead if you want heals" knowing full well that meant pay to win.

If you want a truely GOOD gaming MMO that has roles and a great environment I suggest you ditch PWI and its pay to win and come over to Rift now that its free to play its much better and actually has a great system (many call it World of Warcraft 2.0)

This game has never and will never be Pay 2 Win. People should just stop using that term if they don't know what it means.

Pay 2 Win is when no matter what you and your teammates do you cannot progress threw content. So you break down and buy the sword of the apocalypse from the cash shop. Now you and you friends can down the content. This was pay 2 win. Paying 2 win means that no matter what you do you can't progress threw something and have to pay to do it. Nothing in this game is that challenging and there isn't some almighty item on the cash shop either. Its pay for convienence. Everything in this game can be earned which means its not Pay 2 Win. Nothing in this game is to challenging that you are forced to buy stuff that just doesn't exist.

So please stop saying pay 2 win. Its not.
  • Options
    pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pay to win means if i use MONEY I can beat you. NOT pay to play... which is what your thinking of... if a person spends money to buy cash shop items they can get healing potions, gear, and things that can give you the win advantage in pvp AND pve. they can get to end game quicker, farm more pvp points, and basically win the game with wallet power... that sir is PAY TO WIN.

EDIT:

oh and btw you can't enchant items in the game to the maximum bonus UNLESS you buy cash shop items so yes in a sense there is an element of pay to play as well.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    jezeen5jezeen5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is both Pay to Win and Pay for Convenience. But, that being said the p2w is relatively low and affordable when you compare it to PWE's flagship game Perfect World International, where you can spend well in excess of $10,000 and still not have the gear needed to survive in pvp.

Edit: There is also a well known case on the HT server of PWI where a player spent something in the region of $23,000 to be the first to get this godly weapon and about 2 weeks later pwi released a new set of weapons and armour that were doubly as good and cheaper. Just be glad NW is not like pwi.

Edit 2: In my opinion every company should strive to have as good customer service as the game Path of Exile does now. Where they not only listen to players and add, change and create what the players want (within reason) but they actually play the game with you and talk to everyone like they're good friends not like they're the boss and you should listen. Not a bad word can be said about GGG's customer service.
    Death or Glory
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jezeen5 wrote: »
    It is both Pay to Win and Pay for Convenience. But, that being said the p2w is relatively low and affordable when you compare it to PWE's flagship game Perfect World International, where you can spend well in excess of $10,000 and still not have the gear needed to survive in pvp.

Edit: There is also a well known case on the HT server of PWI where a player spent something in the region of $23,000 to be the first to get this godly weapon and about 2 weeks later pwi released a new set of weapons and armour that were doubly as good and cheaper. Just be glad NW is not like pwi.

This game runs by PWE so expect this stupidity you mentioned in your post.

I understand companies who wants to earn alot of money by sucking our pockets. But i DO NOT understand a reason why they trying this with so uncompleted and buggy game. I dont care about your PWI. All i care about NW and its makers.

I'm trying to show a reason not to play this game unless huge changes made that peoples mentions in all their posts. If you act against them and take action against current "amateur-ness", they will be forced to make changes.

If not? Then say goodbye to game.
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    I don't get all this hate..
    I play the game and enjoy it, did not have any major issues with bugs, until yesterday (the missing dialog bug on NPCs)..
    in PvP some times I get kills, some times I get owned.. and I tried different classes, yet I never felt like the game is broken, the classes are all **** or OP or whatever you guys are filling this forum with..
    I'm not saying there are no bugs and issues, but from what I see they are working on it and fixing and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up sometimes and then fix again and patch and try to balance... last time I checked, that's how all the MMOs and not only are..

regarding the pay to win.. @pallier, don't see the problem there.. if you use money you can't always beat me.. yes, you gear up faster.. but I can get everything you have too, without paying money.. even the stuff on the cash shop, using Zen I got in exchange for my AD... which is not that hard to get, basically everything you do in this game, gives you AD..

soo.. what's your problem? that people which pay can get everything faster than you? is it a race?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    They definitely could use the new classes by now that's for sure. I do hope it's more then one they've been working on since all this started they were supposedly working on them in early beta even I would have thought to seen something by now.
  • Options
    leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They aren't "TRYING" hard to kill itself, they are actually succeeding right now.