test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My alchemy is still broken!!

picklesandbeerpicklesandbeer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
My alchemy is stuck at rank 3. I have ran the research task twice @ 300 XP per, so now my XP bar says I have 600 XP. The problem is, it only takes 400XP to get to rank 4. So now I am just stuck at rank 3. I figured I'd try to run another research to see what happens, but I have done over 30 experiments now and haven't received a single scroll. I'm guessing the rank 3 experiment isn't working anymore because I should be rank 4?? This blows....
Post edited by picklesandbeer on

Comments

• mangyvarmintmangyvarmint Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same problem, except I'm stuck at rank 2. Full XP bar but not progressing to next Rank.
  • picklesandbeerpicklesandbeer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It really sucks because being a new profession there WAS a possibility to make some good money with it! LOL Now I'm way behind though, and since you can only run one experiment at a time, there's no way to make up the lost time...... Oh well....**** happens.
  • ginaphurginaphur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am also stuck at level 2, only my XP bar isn't moving. Do either of you show XP as a result of the task? I don't see it in game or through the gateway. So, judging by the images under results, its working as intended. :(
  • jonddnjonddn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Also stuck at 2, did the "Rank 2 Experimentation" quest more times then i can remember and never got the xp item or whatever it's called... getting realy frustating...
    "Kobold smells all! Kobold Omnisniffient!" - Tuga? North Trail Wants You! - North! Always!
  • midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Bumping...hoping for some acknowledgment.
    edited June 2013
    I still show XP as a reward for the research task, but I can't do the research because the experiment task doesn't produce any scrolls. :(
  • mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    only thing wrong with alchemy for me is that it takes 5 goes + to get one basic research thingy. plsplsplsplsplsplspls y so long
    edited June 2013
    mrsmon wrote: »
    only thing wrong with alchemy for me is that it takes 5 goes + to get one basic research thingy. plsplsplsplsplsplspls y so long

Consider yourself lucky! I've done over 40 now in the hopes of getting some scrolls just to attempt to get past rank 3.......
    edited June 2013
    Come on! Fix this **** already!!
  • grelangrelan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to agree. I have done level 2 experimentation entirely too many times with no ability to level. If you're looking for a skill to avoid, this is it.
  • dargathidargathi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So the problem basically is this..

The idea being, you grind Vitriols, then get some Experimentation Going, then perform Alchemical Research..
    Rank 2 Experimentation should give a "Basic Alchemical Knowledge" for use in Alchemical Research but it isn't.. meaning a lot of people can't level the lovely shiny new Alchemy skill...
  • amalzarantaramalzarantar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stuck too. And I cant find any word form the devs about this, anywhere. :(
  • dargathidargathi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok so I just had one give me the much sought after "Basic Alchemical Knowledge", but then the next two didn't... I wonder if it's supposed to be random or something? and you get the "Basic Alchemical Knowledge" on a critical success...

I'm now using up the 3 I have getting some XP to see if I can then get "Basic Alchemical Knowledge" from Rank 2 Experimentation...
  • tirin1tirin1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still stuck on Rank 9-> Rank 10. Maxed out the XP bar for Rank 9 , but didn't advance to 10 and have no tasks that can generate Basic Alchemical Knowledge available so I can do Research again to get unstuck. Been stuck this way since Monday morning.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On rank 8
    Performed experiment 36 times
    No scrolls rewarded

Random roll to progress is just about the worst possible method you can offer a user.

EDIT: 45 attempts, half from browser, half in game. Activity suspended pending some feedback from DEVz.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey all! We're looking into this. Thanks very much!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • regolith13regolith13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alchemy stuck at Full bar cannot advance

Looks like it has been broken for several days!
  • shrewdlogarithmshrewdlogarithm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I made it to Rank 6 before I ran into the "experiments not giving scrolls" thing - after 7 experiments with no reward I just gave-up.

It's hard to imagine you could have made less interesting Trades than the armour ones - but you've really done it with Alchemy. 'Random' drops and the need to spend money and get NOTHING in return is abso-damned-lutely stupid.

If this is the best you do - better off removing it entirely...
  • khondokhankhondokhan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am stuck on rank 14 with this issue. Were you all using the gateway when you finished the leveling task?

I was and will not use the gateway to finish levelling tasks ever again. I have had a ticket in for four days now and no response.

Please, please, please, fix this bug, or at least level me to 15 where I should be. I should be level 20 by now.
  • tirin1tirin1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I finally got a GM response of "Sorry, this isn't something we can help with - please submit a bug report". So I did. Hopefully something gets done about this ASAP, cause given how many people have posted about his in various threads, I'm sure a lot more people who don't use the boards are stuck just like we are.
  • strykurrstrykurr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem. Think alchemy is a very expensive in mats and time with no xp. Very frustrating.
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got one char with Alch L3 and two with Alch L4, so it is possible to get it up higher than L2. Didn't do anything special, just slogging along. Just sayin'.
  • doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same problem, except I'm stuck at rank 2. Full XP bar but not progressing to next Rank.

I am in the same situation stuck at rank 2 with a full bar of xp.
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got it at level 13, experimented for 9 recipes and did my research. got that done. no xp recorded and research/experimentation have vanished
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stuck at rank 6 on one and rank 3 on two other characters. Seems the patch about a week ago or so broke something (about the time they added it to the Gateway).
  • regolith13regolith13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »

That was 3 days ago!!

Fix the bug, and write a script to move everyone up who has full Experience for the level they are on!

People have been stuck since 6/23/13 All of my Characters are stuck
    Alchemy is Dead!!!! Long live Alchemy!!
  • firefopfirefop Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm also bugged @ rank3 with a full bar.

Here are a couple of really easy fixes for this that won't require much coding time (ranked from easiest to hardest for coding time):

1. add an always available alchemy task that simply results in a reduction of 1 alchemy exp (should only take 5 seconds). At least then we could get back into the range to generate additional scrolls from the rank we're stuck at - collecting tasks that would level alchemy via gateway could then be prevented.

2. add an alchemy task that would cost some amount of exp (300?) - and reward an item that when 'used' from inventory would give back the exp... would be a fairly elegant solution in that it would allow higher level alchemists to go back some levels to try generating recipies they've missed.

3. Just make the leveling process triggered by clicking a button, which can then check the total exp (best imo) this would allow people to stay at a lower level if they wanted to try for more recipies and solve the buggedness for the rest of us.
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »

That's great you are looking into it. How about this? It's obviously a random issue because some people aren't experiencing the problem. I however, have been stuck at rank 3 since day 1 sooooo......instead of wasting OUR time while you try to figure out a solution to problem with no cause, just FIX OUR ****! Rank us up, ****, rank us down! I don't care! Just do something! The time frame on this is pathetic!!
  • fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    That's great you are looking into it. How about this? It's obviously a random issue because some people aren't experiencing the problem. I however, have been stuck at rank 3 since day 1 sooooo......instead of wasting OUR time while you try to figure out a solution to problem with no cause, just FIX OUR ****! Rank us up, ****, rank us down! I don't care! Just do something! The time frame on this is pathetic!!

I don't think it is a random issue, everyone who accepted the xp quest assigned via Gateway did not level and where left with a full bar of xp but no level and subsequent experiments don't give scrolls, I've done in the region of 50 or more over a period of week hoping they had fixed it but doesn't seem so.

It seems the code via the gateway does not trigger the level up and leaves us all in limbo.
  • dezreth1dezreth1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bumping to keep this going. Very frustrating to be blocked from advancing this profession as I'm sure many of us were trying to stay with the curve. I have tons of mats and alchemists now. I even tried running the previous level's experimentation to see if I could accumulate research but no luck after a few tries. Has anyone else tried this and succeeded?