test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Outstanding CW Bugs/Issues (Since 6/13 Patch)

Comments

• Options
    nightmarewarnightmarewar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You believe we are not supposed to deal damage, and yet you think we should be stacking ARP. I'm not the one who needs to realize anything.

Arp is for PVP.
    A rogue yes, anyone else, no. I don't care what the rulebook says. That isn't what the game is saying.

Then u dont have seen a good GWF or GF.
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    Arp is for PVP.

Well gosh you sound like a PvP expert.
    Then u dont have seen a good GWF or GF.

I have fully geared and cleared all content on a GF. It is not possible to do as much damage as with a CW.

Anyway, I'm glad we could agree that the class is playable and that these bugs do not ruin the game.
  • Options
    repnadracrepnadrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    Well gosh you sound like a PvP expert.

I have fully geared and cleared all content on a GF. It is not possible to do as much damage as with a CW.

Anyway, I'm glad we could agree that the class is playable and that these bugs do not ruin the game.

like I said, I agree with you in this point, but if you've really cleared all as a gf you will have no probs doing 140k dmg as a gf (one of my guild members does this all the time) :) you will never reach this as a cw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    morthanosmorthanos Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013

In PvE--you are correct. CW's rack up the points on trash.

In PvP--you are wrong. Not a lot of trash in PvP to wrack up all that AoE damage on. Right now between two equally skilled/geared players, the GF should own a CW. Knock downs, Guard, damage mitigation, and the ability to spec for nice burst give the decided edge to the tank.
  • Options
    morthanosmorthanos Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    repnadrac wrote: »
    like I said, I agree with you in this point, but if you've really cleared all as a gf you will have no probs doing 140k dmg as a gf (one of my guild members does this all the time) :) you will never reach this as a cw

What? Maybe I should reread the thread... that makes no sense...
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And these issues make clearing trash 'unplayable'? We still do more damage than anyone else, where is the issue?

You believe we are not supposed to deal damage, and yet you think we should be stacking ARP. I'm not the one who needs to realize anything.

A rogue yes, anyone else, no. I don't care what the rulebook says. That isn't what the game is saying.

Your responses for the most parts are just ridiculous. Whether you think the bugs are pertinent or relevant to gameplay or not the fact is a host of things are not working properly for CW post patch. Bottom line is they should work properly considering we are 3 days to launch.

I read through my combat logs yesterday and there was complete nonsense going on with spells and feats. RoE Critting for 770dmg, nightmare wizardry applying to me and a group of mobs smoking me instantly. Hell I even saw a few instances of a mob Giving me HP with Chaotic Growth.

Bottom line is the feats and skills aren't working well in many cases and likely well beyond CW. Please don't waste your time telling me to find another game if I don't like it either. I do like the game, I would just love to see if function well and survive. My CW was a super fun build for solo PVE and in the last week it sucks.
  • Options
    mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree on the whole .. I'm so frustrated with things like the animation for steal time playing then not casting the spell, or the black hole of a singularity disappearing so you can't time knock-offs very well. I'd like to see a fair number of things made better tbh.
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    I agree with archmage set bonus not working at all. I tested it out many many times today, even tried un-equipping 1 piece at a time and equipping it again.

It simple does not do what it is supposed to do. It was working brilliantly before the balancing patch, I don't know how they managed to break it.
  • Options
    natural20snatural20s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Ditto to every single one of these.
    mkemtf.jpg
  • Options
    enel13enel13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the only way to get shield cooldown down is as follows, cast shield and recast it within 1 sec of it finishing it will give you 4 stacks of arcane for some reason and the cooldown will be at 7 secs (it will actually show you that it has no cool down but will show after pressing the button).

i also confirm if you wait 2 secs after first cast it will remove arcane stacks
  • Options
    flapjacsflapjacs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fix this pw now
  • Options
    jackmehandyjackmehandy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On a relevant note

Teleport: will sometimes get stuck in place when there is clearly nothing to obstruct the direction you are going in

On a different note:

TR's Cloud of Steel proves to be absurdly overpowered, it is nothing short of unskilled nonsense ESPECIALLY when it can be used in stealth. I would never F**K up a simple concept like that to imbalance a game... I am absolutely appalled at the simple logic that has been overlooked by the devs in this game. If they attempt to try and justify and keep that ability the way it is, I'm done. Period. These issues all need to be addressed as soon as possible.
  • Options
    joyvinjoyvin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On a relevant note

TR's Cloud of Steel proves to be absurdly overpowered

i'ts not issues. CoS have only 12 stack, and it need chain spam for stack +dmg per stack. on dummies, whithout daily, in top gear its dmg summary 25-27k from FULL 12 stack. 12 stack i'ts 6 sec chain spam without moving. Tr spam 6 sec in 1 place, what u do at this time?

Shield absorb dmg perfect+ u can avoid dmg by out range, if u broke chain-daggers the dmg will be low, besouse TR need stuck dmg again, but he doesn't have full 12 stack.
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    nightmarewarnightmarewar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well today is the offical release and no fixes at the patch notes to any of this problems , rly sad tbh :/
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have to keep your expectations really low with these guys apparently. I can't believe they haven't introduced *any* fixes with game release. Not even their currently worthless new Savage Enchants being broken.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...and on the seventh day (since the patch) the game went live, still with no fixes for CW's, and it was...LAME!:mad:
  • Options
    wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How they can be shouting about going "Live" and yet leave classes hopelessly broken IDK!
  • Options
    serpentussserpentuss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    - Icy Rays is still really odd to cast cause even if i press twice the button it doesn't start anything. I've usually have to move a bit before the two rays are launched
  • Options
    poisonyann1poisonyann1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tested the Conduit of ice mitigation debuff as soon as I hit 50 on my CW. Hit the dummys several times and recorded damage, then used the point to get the debuff and did it again. About a 20% increase after spending the point.
    Also I was very careful to make sure every time that the chills had been removed already. Definitely works right now.
    ;) Check out Malabog's Defense, my first good-length foundy : NW-DOPJBTXO9 :cool:
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Any update to this

Nightmare Wizardry: CONSTANTLY procs on the user, granting all enemies Combat Advantage damage from all angles. Looks like it can proc even by building Arcane Mastery stacks or set bonus buffs. To clarify, Nightmare Wizardry is supposed to show up as a debuff on your targets' status bar, not on yours. When it's on YOUR bar, it means you are taking 360 degree Combat Advantage damage. At least one poster not able to duplicate this bug; others have stated that they, too, experience it.

I hated having to remove this from my feats
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tested the Conduit of ice mitigation debuff as soon as I hit 50 on my CW. Hit the dummys several times and recorded damage, then used the point to get the debuff and did it again. About a 20% increase after spending the point.
    Also I was very careful to make sure every time that the chills had been removed already. Definitely works right now.

Except it doesn't in PvP against TRs or GWFs, which is where most of the problem lies. Changing the entire thing into a DoT + Debuff instead of PBAoE + Debuff means TRs and GWFs can cleanse it off, and DO.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    astronaxastronax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vorphied wrote: »

- Storm Spell: Quantify, please.

Anyone else?

Was looking around, found this. By coincidence, made a combat log parsing earlier today - not sure if someone already told about that - tooltip about this spell lying. Its not 10% chance to proc (probably 10% is mediane). Spamming Ray of Frost gives x2.5 more proc/second than Magic Missle.:confused:

Out of topic:
    Thus, it annihilates well-known stereotype, that RoF sucks beyond bad, compared to MM. Proved by parsing - as heavily forst-specced opressor, RoF actually outdamages MM by 5-7%.:p
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    astronax wrote: »
    Was looking around, found this. By coincidence, made a combat log parsing earlier today - not sure if someone already told about that - tooltip about this spell lying. Its not 10% chance to proc (probably 10% is mediane). Spamming Ray of Frost gives x2.5 more proc/second than Magic Missle.:confused:

Out of topic:
    Thus, it annihilates well-known stereotype, that RoF sucks beyond bad, compared to MM. Proved by parsing - as heavily forst-specced opressor, RoF actually outdamages MM by 5-7%.:p

I've always ignored the advice around RoF/MM, particularly for PVP, and I'm Renegade spec. It is very under utilized and one of the reasons I feel I come in #1 so often.
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    High Vizier - sometimes transforms debuff on boss to buff.
    Upd. Tested on dummies - looks like visual bug.
  • Options
    timeshadow1timeshadow1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This thread REALLY needs to be stickied.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    still no fixes after 2 patches...
  • Options
    hellorcohellorco Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    No, but maybe new bugs.

Apart jokes I went on the training dummy and stacked 5 arcane mastery but shield pop doesn't go lower than 13s which it's full cd with 2.6k recovery.
    Also, what was the decay time of stacks and what is supposed to be??
    MM, ST and EF add a stack that lasts something like 1s, casting shield or popping it gives a stack that lasts 5-6s (shield pop adds 1 stack per target), and that's the only way to reduce its cd, you see multiple shield pop animations and the cd gets updated. Any other arcane spell seems to reset the arcane mastery cd to ~1s (tried st, ef, mm and storm lightning).

Also NW procs on targets and not on yourself with every spell but shield pop. If you proc NW with shield pop you also get the debuff.

About High Vizier buff: Steal time adds 1 stack to you and 3 to the targets, shield pop adds 3 stacks to you (1 per target) and 1 stack on the target.

This mess is just about a 5 minute test, I'm pretty sure half an hour and I'll get about 500 new bugs:P
  • Options
    bowiethemantisbowiethemantis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I wont complain about shield cooldown now :P, but... arcane singularity can't be cancelled with right click now, if you press the daily button the big yellow AoE stays there until you press the button again and use it, a bit annoying. And epic sets don't look fixed yet.
  • Options
    hellorcohellorco Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    I'm gonna open a new thread with bugs in this build, anyway I could simply press esc and cancel singularity no prob.
  • Options
    vindicitvindicit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im seeing some bug fixes. The Archmage set works and the shield cooldown from hitting additional mobs works. Im seeing my shield reset to 0 when I hit a sht ton of mobs in the foundry maps. Sudden storm seems to have a higher target cap (still doesnt crit). Im not really sure what it was before but it seems to hit a lot. CWs still only get AP gain on cast, not on DoTs so everything that is a dot has a default AP gain unless it affects near by mobs instantly such as tabbed entangling, while skills that hit multiple targets instantly have MUCH MUCH larger AP gains. Basically the tooltip that says you gain AP based on damage is a lie. Mobs caught in Singularity still dont take damage from some skills.