test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outstanding CW Bugs/Issues (Since 6/13 Patch)

vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
Started a new thread in the hopes that it will create more visibility for some of the worst bugs. I don't claim to be an exhaustive bug tester myself, but even I have noticed some problems that continue to hurt CW gameplay.

*This list has since grown beyond what I myself have tested. Checking now and then to update based on other posters' feedback. Also, let it be said that there is an issue across the board with tooltips not providing enough specific information about powers and/or providing information that doesn't correctly reflect power ranks and associated benefits*

- Shard of the Endless Avalanche: Not critting when in Tab Slot. Not affected by Eye of the Storm even when in standard encounter slot (EotS can proc on you, but does not grant 100% crit to Shard or to resulting explosion). Also, perhaps not a bug, but the cooldown is excessive and one of the reasons it often loses out to much lower-level but easier-to-use and faster-cycling powers.

- Sudden Storm: Still not critting. Damage still seems to be less than what tooltip indicates. Not able to hit targets sucked up by Arcane Singularity.

- Nightmare Wizardry: CONSTANTLY procs on the user, granting all enemies Combat Advantage damage from all angles. Looks like it can proc even by building Arcane Mastery stacks or set bonus buffs. To clarify, Nightmare Wizardry is supposed to show up as a debuff on your targets' status bar, not on yours. When it's on YOUR bar, it means you are taking 360 degree Combat Advantage damage. At least one poster not able to duplicate this bug; others have stated that they, too, experience it.

- Eye of the Storm: Still doesn't work properly with some skills. Seems to be an issue with skills that "summon" a persistent effect of some kind, like Icy Terrain and SotEA. Internal cooldowns on feats are also problematic because they aren't explicitly defined in many cases.

- Evocation: If it's not intended to work with ALL AoE powers, can we please have a clear list of which ones it's supposed to buff?

- Snap Freeze: Reports that the feat may not be working or may be working erratically with certain powers. Icy Rays reported not to work with this feat at all. Chill Strike also suspect.

- Icy Terrain: Crit, please?

- High Vizier Set: Reports of Chill Strike not proccing set bonus in Tab slot.

- High Vizier Set: Proc not working correctly with Steal Time; only works on one target even if multiple targets are hit by the power.

- High Vizier Set: Reported not to proc with Icy Terrain now.

- Shadow Weaver Set: Reported that set bonus is still unreliable, sometimes requiring pieces to be unequipped and re-equipped to function.

- Archmage Set: Reports that bonus is not functioning properly. Further reports state that bonus is not functioning AT ALL.

- Ray of Enfeeblement: Cooldown unaffected by recovery bonus when in tab slot. (pervasive issue with powers that have "charges"?)

- Shard of the Endless Avalanche: AP gain from using power virtually nonexistent. Reports that damage is inconsistent with Transcended Master feat?

- Icy Terrain: Very low AP gain, as above.

- Storm Fury : Quantify, please.

- Storm Spell: Quantify, please.

- Storm Pillar: Great that the pillar lasts longer (with less damage? what?), but that doesn't mean anyone is going to use it except to proc that one Feat if it's in their build. Any power that requires players to aim, wait/charge, or incur some other delay needs to have payoff, or it almost always loses to the attractive selection of fire-and-forget powers.

- Storm Pillar: Tooltip doesn't reflect actual damage values, and they seem far too low regardless. Also, reports of Pillar occasionally failing to be summoned as it should be.

- Storm Pillar: Reports that it cannot crit and does not benefit from Combat Advantage on initial target. Secondary strikes from summoned pillar don't seem to proc Spell Storm.

- Storm Pillar: Destructive Wizardry feat not proccing unless targets are close to the caster (poster estimated ~10 ft).

- Steal Time (and possibly other skills): Cooldown can still be initiated without casting the spell if you attempt to activate immediately after teleporting.

- Maelstrom of Chaos: Need supposed damage reduction bonus to be clarified and quantified. Also need the skill to be actually useful.

- Shield: Cooldown now unaffected by Arcane Mastery stacks.

- Shield: Reports of Arcane Mastery stacks sometimes being removed upon burst?

- Chaos Magic (Renegade ultimate feat): Just as a general issue, I'm suggesting that this feat is problematic in that it has a chance to apply 1 of 3 effects (2 being decidedly better than the 3rd) and I usually have no idea which effect was applied when it procs. I remember seeing floater text like "Chaotic Growth" to indicate which version was active on the target, but right now I'm not seeing anything (and I still get notification for things like Nightmare Wizardry, which helpfully floats up every single time I proc it on myself...).

- Conduit of Ice: Conflicting reports about whether or not it properly applies the mitigation debuff when used with the Thaumaturge feat. Unable to test for myself right now; will revise when more CWs chime in to clear up the question.

- Conduit of Ice: Issue with displaying Elemental Empowerment proc properly when in Tab slot.

- Icy Rays: Reports that it is not proccing Elemental Empowerment and is not benefiting from Snap Freeze in either Tab or normal encounter slot.

- Ray of Frost: Tooltip not scaling with power.

- Arcane Singularity: Tooltip not scaling with power. Also reported that no damage bonus granted from Power and damage is less than what's stated on tooltip.

- Maelstrom of Chaos: Tooltip not scaling with power.

- Storm Pillar: Tooltip not scaling with power (or being useful at all, as previously suggested). Also reported that no damage bonus granted from Power.

Also, please clarify tooltips in general so that players know which powers and feats actually synergize properly, because not knowing which power is considered AoE, Controlling, etc. is frustrating. To anyone first starting the game, these definitions seem intuitive, but experience has taught us that the game engine currently has very different notions of what works with what.

Anyone else?
Sacrilege - Warlock
Contagion - Cleric
Testament - Wizard
Pestilence - Ranger
Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

Post edited by vorphied on

Comments

• dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had shard crit on the initial push with the rock and the secondary explosion after the patch so far, haven't noticed if it works with EoTS yet.

I tried Sudden Storm when it was on test, I haven't used it live since patch, but I noticed as well it still didn't seem to crit at all.

Complete agreement with everything else you wrote.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the input. I figured out that the issue was having Shard in the Tab slot. I got a crit when using it in a standard encounter slot but couldn't get a crit on the initial drop, push, or explosion when using it with Spell Mastery.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tabbed chill strike is not proccing High Vizier 4 set bonus for me, haven't tried non tabbed yet.
  • mihamachiyomihamachiyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shield CD is no longer reduced by Arcane Mastery stacks.. broke with today's patch?
  • polpopopolpopo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did a lot of crits with Conduit of Ice with and without Eye of the Storm buff.
  • cynabal2cynabal2 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shield CD is no longer reduced by Arcane Mastery stacks.. broke with today's patch?

Experiencing the same.
    edited June 2013
    polpopo wrote: »
    I did a lot of crits with Conduit of Ice with and without Eye of the Storm buff.

I take it back - I just realized the same. Observer error on my part - updating original post.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• brightnessmanbrightnessman Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, i tested every spells out there in the PTR, and created a post with all the bugs.

I thought i was going to know what was going to hit my class when the patch came in, and was prepared.
    WRONG !

Count on this patch to do more silent Nerfs on spells or to break more ...

Here is a list :

- Archmage set is now broken. Was working as usual on PTR, is now not functioning in normal servers.

- High Vizier Does not get proper buff/debuff when using slow time. u may hit 1 or 10 mobs, it only procs for one mob and you. Others AOEs control spells still buffing you depending on number of enemies hit, so must be a problem on slow time

- High vizier do not proc on Icy Terrain, which was considered by the game as a control spells until before the patch

- Shield is definitely not affected by arcane stacks ! this is killing me on the dracolich like nothing else does !

- Shield is not affected by set bonuses anymore

- RoE's cooldown on mastery still unaffected by stats, feats or abilities

- AP gain on Shard of Endless Avalanche is non-existent. sometimes receiving AP when summoning him, but that's it

- Icy Terrain : still not Gaining AP consistently. more often than not, 0 AP gain

- Orb of imposition still indicate that control spells get +5% duration even when maxed at 3 points (and should be at 15%)

- Evocation still indicates that AOE spells get +5% dmg even when maxed at 3 points (and should be at 15%)

- We still don't know the size of AOE effect of chilling cloud At-Will

- Storm Fury : We still don't know how much dmg it does and the rate at which it procs

- Storm Spell : Still don't know how much dmg it does

- Storm pillar At-Will : Still indicate a ridiculously low amount of DMG, inconsistent with reality. But only does "real lvl-based" dmg when fully charged"

- All spells that leave targets prone don't indicate for how long they are prone

- RoE : Is Said to decrease dmg and mitigation of target. But no value is given for dmg

- Icy rays : "Briefly" stuns target. How briefly ?

- Maelstrom of Chaos : is said to "Greatly reduce dmg" while casting. how much is that ? does it add armor ? dmg resistance ? can this dmg reducing buff be DEbuffed by spells (such as RoE or other mitigation affecting spells) ? Does it affect necrotic dmg as well ?
    Because casting it in the middle of a party of ppl using greater plague fire, greater tenebrous, and using Armor and Mitigation debuffs, if the "Greatly reduce dmg" is affected by all that or cannot stop certain types of dmg, there really is no point to a channeling daily !

- Eye of the storm : Still indicate that it will last 4 Seconds even when maxed out to 3 points and should be 8 seconds.

Spells :
    - We still don't know which spells are control spells
    - We still don't know which spells are AOE spells
    - We still don't know how long our spells last
    - We still don't know the size of our AOEs

This should be sticki'ed, or passed to someone. there is too much to even report it through game.

It feels like my class has been on the receiving end of total laziness, or failed patch. So much is still broken, and more got broken in the process.
    I m not one to ***** about a game, but this feels ridiculous !

Live in one week, seriously ? with CW class not working on half of its spells ?
    This would be interesting ...
  • zharrazulzharrazul Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    - Shield is definitely not affected by arcane stacks ! this is killing me on the dracolich like nothing else does !

Thanks for the list , especially this specific one is game-breaking and needs to be fixed ASAP, otherwise , 1 CW in dragolich will be a struggle.
    - Orb of imposition still indicate that control spells get +5% duration even when maxed at 3 points (and should be at 15%)

- Evocation still indicates that AOE spells get +5% dmg even when maxed at 3 points (and should be at 15%)

- Eye of the storm : Still indicate that it will last 4 Seconds even when maxed out to 3 points and should be 8 seconds.

It's true we desperately need CC durations and damage values listed on ALL skills , but at least those 3 seem to work as intended , even if the value displayed is rank 1.
    This should be sticki'ed, or passed to someone. there is too much to even report it through game.

+++

/signed

I was initially surprised by the huge list of fixes listed when we first saw the balance notes.
    I thought there was going to be more and that this game will become playable.

Sad to say , it appears they created more problems than solved , at least when it comes to CW.
  • kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the final feat on Thaumaturge is not working :(
    edited June 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »

Ouch, that's kind of a big deal.

To what degree is it not working? The main target doesn't get the debuff, the surrounding targets don't get it, or it doesn't appear at all? Or does it appear, but not seem to increase damage taken?

Edit: Just saw your other post about debuff not appearing.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• vindicitvindicit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Archmage set does absolutely nothing. So sad its completely worthless as it stands.
  • spineshatterspineshatter Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    - Shield: Cooldown now unaffected by Arcane Mastery stacks.

This is a huge problem for me. Hoping for a relatively quick fix.
  • almostsk8trxalmostsk8trx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a huge problem for me. Hoping for a relatively quick fix.

Huge problem for all CWs ..

Needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »

This is incorrect. Working fine for me.
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kindly add, sometimes the pillar wont appear. tried it on dummies
    edited June 2013
    johnygwapo wrote: »
    kindly add, sometimes the pillar wont appear. tried it on dummies

Just to clarify, you are using Storm Pillar and charging it full, but the pillar doesn't appear? I can't test because my wizards don't have any points in the skill.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited June 2013
    Just to clarify, you are using Storm Pillar and charging it full, but the pillar doesn't appear? I can't test because my wizards don't have any points in the skill.

i charged it full, tried it for a lot of times
    edited June 2013
    and also im having a research regarding this might wanna check
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?347522-review-regarding-severe-reaction
  • nevistusnevistus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm finding, at least in PvP, that my powers are starting to go into cooldown even if I don't get them off once they're interrupted mid cast. Had this happen with chill strike for sure, and I have a suspicion it happened with entangling force, but was a little distracted when I got interrupted then. Really irritating to lose a CW duel because my stun just decided to cool down for no reason.
    edited June 2013
    nevistus wrote: »
    I'm finding, at least in PvP, that my powers are starting to go into cooldown even if I don't get them off once they're interrupted mid cast. Had this happen with chill strike for sure, and I have a suspicion it happened with entangling force, but was a little distracted when I got interrupted then. Really irritating to lose a CW duel because my stun just decided to cool down for no reason.

havent experienced this yet, please try more test.
    edited June 2013
    johnygwapo wrote: »
    and also im having a research regarding this might wanna check
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?347522-review-regarding-severe-reaction

Thanks for the info about Severe Reaction. I'm leveling an alt CW just to go Oppressor as an experiment without having to repeatedly respec my main and am curious to try it out. Even a tiny interrupt can be useful as long as the internal cooldown isn't too long.

Adding more notes to the main post.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• droodz92droodz92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "- Nightmare Wizardry: CONSTANTLY procs on the user, granting all enemies Combat Advantage damage from all angles. Looks like it can proc even by building Arcane Mastery stacks or set bonus buffs. This is one major reason I'm considering speccing out of Renegade and jumping more on the Thaumaturge train."

I didn't get this one, can someone just resume me the problem? We give enemies combat advantage or am I blind when I read this?
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the info about Severe Reaction. I'm leveling an alt CW just to go Oppressor as an experiment without having to repeatedly respec my main and am curious to try it out. Even a tiny interrupt can be useful as long as the internal cooldown isn't too long.

Adding more notes to the main post.

thank you too for your feedback. Mind posting your results once you are done experimenting? :D
    i was actually an oppressor before the patch. After the patch i used the free respec, now im a renegade and 1 feat at oppressor which is severe reaction

I don't have a documentation regarding oppressor, i will just give a short conclusion regarding it. Oppressor is fine, can still deal enough damage, but at that time that some mobs are immuned to chill is sad. Now that all mobs can be affected by chill, oppressors can compete with renegade and thau.
  • scannjerscannjer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    I noticed that Shield do not get CD reduction most of the times... Also I was wondering why we take so much damage and the problem seems to be that Nightmare Wizardy gives combat advantage to the enemy... and we had 2x CW's in the group (Renegade build)

Snap Freeze feat does not seems to work at all... I tried this with Chill Strike on tab and Conduit of Ice on normal action bar... still the same damage.

Sudden Strike still don't crit or do the damage listed on the tool tip... You can't hit enemy's with it while Arcane Singularity is up as well! Same problem with Oppressive Force... do not crit and can't hit enemy's when Arcane Singularity is up...

I find this very bad, because does 2 spells will be active in Gaunt for the 20 vs 20 pvp phases and in general pvp matches!!!

Shadow Weaver set bonus still do not work properly... you need to re-equip one of the parts so you can start getting the buff again!

This is what I noticed after 2x Castle Never runs only... if the servers we're better I might have a chance to test some other things!

All we got this patch was just some nerfs... and a lot of more bugs then actually fixes!

This is really frustrating...
    edited June 2013
    scannjer wrote: »
    I noticed that Shield do not get CD reduction most of the times... Also I was wondering why we take so much damage and the problem seems to be that Nightmare Wizardy gives combat advantage to the enemy... and we had 2x CW's in the group (Renegade build)

Snap Freeze feat does not seems to work at all... I tried this with Chill Strike on tab and Conduit of Ice on normal action bar... still the same damage.

Sudden Strike still don't crit or do the damage listed on the tool tip... You can't hit enemy's with it while Arcane Singularity is up as well! Same problem with Oppressive Force... do not crit and can't hit enemy's when Arcane Singularity is up...

I find this very bad, because does 2 spells will be active in Gaunt for the 20 vs 20 pvp phases and in general pvp matches!!!

Shadow Weaver set bonus still do not work properly... you need to re-equip one of the parts so you can start getting the buff again!

This is what I noticed after 2x Castle Never runs only... if the servers we're better I might have a chance to test some other things!

All we got this patch was just some nerfs... and a lot of more bugs then actually fixes!

This is really frustrating...

just to clarify with snap freeze. did you cast chill strike to an enemy without chills yet?
  • threeravensthreeravens Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Confirm on Sudden Storm still not critting and still doing about 80% of stated damage (tooltip says 4.5 - 5.2k or around that but havent seen it hit for more than 4.2, most below 4k).

I think Snap Freeze is working but I'm not 100% on that (ive had it going from 4 - 11k today so im scratching my head a bit on this 1).

There definitely is something wonky with the damage we're taking and it might very well be Nightmare Wizardry (I have it feated and I've been taking waaay too much damage from some mobs compared to before patch).
    edited June 2013
    droodz92 wrote: »
    "- Nightmare Wizardry: CONSTANTLY procs on the user, granting all enemies Combat Advantage damage from all angles. Looks like it can proc even by building Arcane Mastery stacks or set bonus buffs. This is one major reason I'm considering speccing out of Renegade and jumping more on the Thaumaturge train."

I didn't get this one, can someone just resume me the problem? We give enemies combat advantage or am I blind when I read this?

Nightmare Wizardry applies a debuff that grants Combat Advantage damage (from all directions) against the victim.

The problem is that it can also affect the caster and friendly targets when beneficial effects occur, which is definitely not intended functionality! I've heard of similar bugs with Cleric feats.

If you have the feat, you can test this by attacking the target dummies with something like Magic Missile that continually applies Arcane Mastery stacks. You'll notice that sometimes you'll proc Nightmare Wizardry on yourself in the process, which is not a good thing!

Still works fine on offense, but the self-debuffing ability concerns me, especially in context of the other Renegade nerfs.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lupita170 wrote: »
    This is incorrect. Working fine for me.

you have a screen shot ?
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, just tested some of these myself and many of them are right. :/

For example, Icy Terrain grants no AP if there are no Chill stacks on a target, even if the spell hits the target!

Another one, at quick glance (I did not check the actual figures just buff status): the final talent for Thaum either has a large hidden Internal Cooldown or it only intermittently works for debuffing.

And I'm also so sad to have to spec well away from the otherwise nice talent Nightmare Wizardry!

Can anyone identify a Minimum Broken Build for CW? I am not talking perfect damage or perfect control or optimization for specific context. But just a PvE and maybe a PvP build that has verifiably the least broken spells?

The Clerics have more or less managed to identify one or two such builds. Though, even theirs has to be refined post major patch. Would be nice if there was a CW equivalent.